Costco Infinity Sun Peak Spa

mcpetran

Good catch on this, Saskman. I think you meant to say it was a 2 inch gap which would be four square feet of cold air rushing through. Can you give us a rough estimate of the amount of money you have saved on heating costs by getting rid of your poorly insulated hydrospa and replacing it with the Pacific Spas tub? I would expect the savings would be enormous, maybe a ballpark of $500 per month?

El fanático de Pacífico,

I think you have a typo in that last sentence.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a sec....I'm not here selling tubs. If I would have kept the tub I would have closed this gap up so I never would have known. I don't think for a second I would save that much money. I do think with the added warranty and the higher efficiency in the reasonable number of years the added energy cost would eat up the money I saved. It wouldn't happen over night. It wasn't a two inch gap. I looked into a foam piece to close it off and it was on average about 1 inch but that still adds up.

Wait a sec....I'm not here selling tubs. If I would have kept the tub I would have closed this gap up so I never would have known. I don't think for a second I would save that much money. I do think with the added warranty and the higher efficiency in the reasonable number of years the added energy cost would eat up the money I saved. It wouldn't happen over night. It wasn't a two inch gap. I looked into a foam piece to close it off and it was on average about 1 inch but that still adds up.

Its at least a Hundred Bucks a munth to run a cheaply insulated tub(thats extra).

Good catch on this, Saskman. I think you meant to say it was a 2 inch gap which would be four square feet of cold air rushing through. Can you give us a rough estimate of the amount of money you have saved on heating costs by getting rid of your poorly insulated hydrospa and replacing it with the Pacific Spas tub? I would expect the savings would be enormous, maybe a ballpark of $500 per month?

El fanático de Pacífico,

Why? What do you think your home heating costs would be like if you had a four square foot hole in your wall in the dead of winter in Saskatchewan?

Its at least a Hundred Bucks a munth to run a cheaply insulated tub(thats extra).

You're probably using unrealistically low power rates. Most areas have much higher rates so the added cost is much more. Also, you have to remember that it gets very cold in the winter so the cost is much higher than in the summer. Much higher.

You're probably using unrealistically low power rates. Most areas have much higher rates so the added cost is much more. Also, you have to remember that it gets very cold in the winter so the cost is much higher than in the summer. Much higher.

This is true. I did say extra. i do keep the tub even in winter at 104 Degrees.

John

Okay, maybe on average it was less but average means there are areas that are greater, much greater. And variation, just by itself, is a bad sign.

El fanático de Pacífico,

Why? What do you think your home heating costs would be like if you had a four square foot hole in your wall in the dead of winter in Saskatchewan?

You're point is completely valid but then you chance loosing all credibilty by saying it may cost an additional $500/month. I question the insualting properties as well and know an owner would see the difference in their bill big time in winter but your number is ridiculous.

You're point is completely valid but then you chance loosing all credibilty by saying it may cost an additional $500/month. I question the insualting properties as well and know an owner would see the difference in their bill big time in winter but your number is ridiculous.

What is your ballpark estimate? (Don't forget to consider the high power rates).

Let me just give my oppinion on the service that I received so far from Costco. Personally, I believe it has been quite poor. I ordered this tub on July 2nd and my email confirmation clearly states "approximately 4 weeks from the time of order." I still have not received my tub and we are going on 6, yes, I said 6 weeks. I have emailed Costco numerous times and basically been given the same "form email" requesting me to contact the shipping company. I finally received a call from the shipping company last friday and tub should be here this week. Costco prides itself on exceptional customer service and quite frankly the service that I have received has been poor at best.

Let me just give my oppinion on the service that I received so far from Costco. Personally, I believe it has been quite poor. I ordered this tub on July 2nd and my email confirmation clearly states "approximately 4 weeks from the time of order." I still have not received my tub and we are going on 6, yes, I said 6 weeks. I have emailed Costco numerous times and basically been given the same "form email" requesting me to contact the shipping company. I finally received a call from the shipping company last friday and tub should be here this week. Costco prides itself on exceptional customer service and quite frankly the service that I have received has been poor at best.

Sorry you have had a delay. i know what its like to wait on your tub. please let us know when you get it. maybe you can post some pics when its up and running.

John 104 Degrees

I'd rather have thousands of dollars in savings and the peace of mind that I have a quality tub that probably won't need service, and if it does, the manufacturer will dispatch a service tech to quickly resolve the problem. I also would rather have the peace of mind knowing I can return the tub to costco anytime, for whatever reason, if I'm ever not pleased with it. Try returning your over-priced tub to your high-margin dealer.

As I pointed out Costco selling the EXACT same watch for 15% more than EVERYOTHER online dealer...so why do people keep thinking Costco is selling at amazingly low-margins. I am currently working at a special event against a dealership who is selling Cal, Elite and Viking...some of the deals I have ran against are very similar to costco pricing...but the dealer is paying over 80,000.00 to be in this special event with one of the largest booths I have ever seen. Now he is selling 8x8 spas with lights stereo 40 jets for 4400.00...now is he just taking less margin or selling a lesser tub? LESSER TUB, no insulation, prorated warranty, cheap components and smallest filter I have ever seen. These tubs are just so low quality the build costs are tremendously low. You get what you pay for guys, Costco does not pay for all of its overhead using your membership fees and Hot Tubs is probably one of the most profitable outfits they run only simply because they have higher margins knowing what they can buy tubs like Hydro, Infiniti, Sun Peak for and what they can sell them for to still be cheaper then anyone in market.

Will everyone stop please bragging there hot tub worked from day #1, guess what guys, it did what its suppose to do, maybe the scary thing about buying from Costco is your waiting in anticipation if the hot tub will work or not, people who buy quality tubs dont wonder if there tub will work when it gets to there house, they arnt forced to do there own repairs, rewiring ect ect ect.

Costco is selling cheap tubs nation wide and hurting the industry, people keep thinking they are getting some super dooper deal from Costco when if you research Costco works on bigger margins then other online companies and probably buy the same watches and other products for less expensive do to there superior buying strength.

Good is seldom cheap and cheap is seldom good. I don't care if your buying a toaster or a diamond ring, the less you spend, the less it cost to make, the less effort and expense equates to that low price. I hate reading all these Costco defenders, I would like if they would name their occupation so I could explain to them how to do their job since they seem to know mine and others like mine so well. I wont tell you how to catch a crook, balance a 401k, build a bridge or otherwise...stop pretending you know the costs and margins of these spas because in our eyes (people in the industry) you look stupid.

Well i,m a single mother and the Costco Infinity SunPeak Spa is costing me $3800 Taxes in.

I just recieved a quote on a Pacific Calypso Spa.$6599 plus aprox $2100 more for an extra pump,led light,stainless jets.Total cost was $9918 taxs in.

I also was not impressed with it being full foam and do not believe it when you are told that are cheaper to run they are not.If you develop a repair problem later they more trouble but the dealer will deny this and say they use the foam to hold the hoses together and for cheaper operating costs.....BULL!

I just could not justify spending $6118 more plus tap on interest for the loan and I think I would pay $7500 to $8000 more to have a Pacific spa and as all hot tubs depreciate a lot every and are not worth much in a few years and hard to sell used.

Also my x who I still get along with is a licenced electrician and works on systems that are much more complicated than this,He looked at this and said it only has one circuit board and 2 motors and a couple of sensors.The systems he works on have close to a hundred circuit boards and 500 h.p motors and not a 60 amp sevice but 16000 amp services to each machine.

Costco tubs use inferior components?

Is Balboa an inferior component?

Are waterway jets no good?

Is it possible to add more insulation?

If the ozinator craps out is a new one available for about $200.00?

Is an Ozinator really needed or can you run a spa without it yes you can and you pillows and cover will last a lot linger to boot.

So dont be scared away a Spa as they are not complicated and all of us would like to drive a new bmw OR a Volvo.But the fact is that some of us can only afford a Kia and frankly I think a Kia is all right.....if I could afford a new one.Some day I might.

I can relax in my Spa with no monthly payments to worry about and still afford a glass of wine and hey if I do have problems I have $8000 in reserve for parts.....Iam sure that will cover it.

Anyway enouph of this bantering enjoy your Spa who cars were you got it from......Except the dealers!

I'd rather have thousands of dollars in savings and the peace of mind that I have a quality tub that probably won't need service, and if it does, the manufacturer will dispatch a service tech to quickly resolve the problem. I also would rather have the peace of mind knowing I can return the tub to costco anytime, for whatever reason, if I'm ever not pleased with it. Try returning your over-priced tub to your high-margin dealer.

As I pointed out Costco selling the EXACT same watch for 15% more than EVERYOTHER online dealer...so why do people keep thinking Costco is selling at amazingly low-margins. I am currently working at a special event against a dealership who is selling Cal, Elite and Viking...some of the deals I have ran against are very similar to costco pricing...but the dealer is paying over 80,000.00 to be in this special event with one of the largest booths I have ever seen. Now he is selling 8x8 spas with lights stereo 40 jets for 4400.00...now is he just taking less margin or selling a lesser tub? LESSER TUB, no insulation, prorated warranty, cheap components and smallest filter I have ever seen. These tubs are just so low quality the build costs are tremendously low. You get what you pay for guys, Costco does not pay for all of its overhead using your membership fees and Hot Tubs is probably one of the most profitable outfits they run only simply because they have higher margins knowing what they can buy tubs like Hydro, Infiniti, Sun Peak for and what they can sell them for to still be cheaper then anyone in market.

Will everyone stop please bragging there hot tub worked from day #1, guess what guys, it did what its suppose to do, maybe the scary thing about buying from Costco is your waiting in anticipation if the hot tub will work or not, people who buy quality tubs dont wonder if there tub will work when it gets to there house, they arnt forced to do there own repairs, rewiring ect ect ect.

Costco is selling cheap tubs nation wide and hurting the industry, people keep thinking they are getting some super dooper deal from Costco when if you research Costco works on bigger margins then other online companies and probably buy the same watches and other products for less expensive do to there superior buying strength.

Good is seldom cheap and cheap is seldom good. I don't care if your buying a toaster or a diamond ring, the less you spend, the less it cost to make, the less effort and expense equates to that low price. I hate reading all these Costco defenders, I would like if they would name their occupation so I could explain to them how to do their job since they seem to know mine and others like mine so well. I wont tell you how to catch a crook, balance a 401k, build a bridge or otherwise...stop pretending you know the costs and margins of these spas because in our eyes (people in the industry) you look stupid.

Incredibly perceptive comments! And there have been plenty of people whose costco tubs didn't work at all since day 1...people like Silver1 who couldn't even get his tub to turn on...Saskman who went through two months of pure hell trying to get his tub to work...and Duck_man who couldn't get his tub to work right, either. And all three of these buyers had multiple leaks in their tubs as well. It's no wonder that ALL THREE had to take their tubs back to costco for a refund. If that doesn't tell people something, nothing will. If a tub won't even hold water, how can you have any confidence that the rest of it will work? Costco is trying to be the one stop shot for food, clothes, furniture, tires, books...and now hot tubs and shoppers are starting to see through it. You can go to a nice department store and try on different clothes to see what fits and looks right or you can go to costco and buy clothes off of a table out of a box. Sure you might save afew bucks but that didn't help you get clothes that looked right.

I think its quite funny you singled out Pacific & no other brands I dont think there is any dealer that would sell a Calypso for $6599. If the tub isnt in your budget its not in your budget. No need to attack the product. What does being a single mother have to do with anything. Im not sure how you know how to calculate tub depreciation considering many quality brands have good resale & many people are in the market for used tubs. The tub in question will cost less to run in cold weather than the sun peak spa in the same weather.

If the sun peak was all you could budget then I hope your tub works well for you. Like stated in the previous post you should expect things to work properly from the get go not worry about warranty or how fast service will be if the tub breaks down.

Most of us on here dont care where you bought your spa unless it was bought from them or In Tom's case its an Arctic as long as its enjoyed.

-----

Huh? How did I get in here? I haven't had a single thing to say on this topic! ~~Tom

Well i,m a single mother and the Costco Infinity SunPeak Spa is costing me $3800 Taxes in.

I just recieved a quote on a Pacific Calypso Spa.$6599 plus aprox $2100 more for an extra pump,led light,stainless jets.Total cost was $9918 taxs in.

I also was not impressed with it being full foam and do not believe it when you are told that are cheaper to run they are not.If you develop a repair problem later they more trouble but the dealer will deny this and say they use the foam to hold the hoses together and for cheaper operating costs.....BULL!

I just could not justify spending $6118 more plus tap on interest for the loan and I think I would pay $7500 to $8000 more to have a Pacific spa and as all hot tubs depreciate a lot every and are not worth much in a few years and hard to sell used.

Also my x who I still get along with is a licenced electrician and works on systems that are much more complicated than this,He looked at this and said it only has one circuit board and 2 motors and a couple of sensors.The systems he works on have close to a hundred circuit boards and 500 h.p motors and not a 60 amp sevice but 16000 amp services to each machine.

Is an Ozinator really needed or can you run a spa without it yes you can and you pillows and cover will last a lot linger to boot.

So dont be scared away a Spa as they are not complicated and all of us would like to drive a new bmw OR a Volvo.But the fact is that some of us can only afford a Kia and frankly I think a Kia is all right.....if I could afford a new one.Some day I might.

I can relax in my Spa with no monthly payments to worry about and still afford a glass of wine and hey if I do have problems I have $8000 in reserve for parts.....Iam sure that will cover it.

Anyway enouph of this bantering enjoy your Spa who cars were you got it from......Except the dealers!

Just want to get all the important facts down here....first you say you have a hot tub and second you are single.

Just want to get all the important facts down here....first you say you have a hot tub and second you are single.

Sorry just being silly there. I can agree with you they a 10 grand tub isn't an option for everyone. I hope you tub lasts a long time and you injoy it

Incredibly perceptive comments! And there have been plenty of people whose costco tubs didn't work at all since day 1...people like Silver1 who couldn't even get his tub to turn on...Saskman who went through two months of pure hell trying to get his tub to work...and Duck_man who couldn't get his tub to work right, either.

Just to be clear here - all three (Silver1, Saskman, and Duck_man) you mentioned purchased HydroSpa tubs. HydroSpa tubs are not exclusively sold by Costco, but are sold by independent spa dealers as well.

Any advice that says to stay clear of Costco and go with a dealer could potentially lead a consumer into a dealer that sells HydroSpa tubs. The criticism should be of the HydroSpa tubs and not of Costco.

Incidentally, this thread started as the Infinity Sun Peak Spa. There haven't been any reports of anyone turning in their Costco-purchased Infinity spa yet.

To lump all bad experiences users have had with their HydroSpas as an indictment of Costco is wholly misleading.

Regards,

Ken

Just to be clear here - all three (Silver1, Saskman, and Duck_man) you mentioned purchased HydroSpa tubs. HydroSpa tubs are not exclusively sold by Costco, but are sold by independent spa dealers as well.

Regards,

Ken

Ken Has a point. my new dealer was going to sell the hydro but the two new spas that they had in the showroom leaked.they dont sell them now.

john

It sounds to me like this dealer is going out of business, because no dealer can go up against Costco and stay in business, unless they offer the same service, NOTHING from costco except the buy back. Hydro is better made than all of those spa you mentioned above in my opinion. Have you looked closely at them?

ok - still waiting on a call from the shipping company - This is starting to get ridiculous! I feel if the Costco website displayed "approximately 4 weeks" for delivery, Costco has an obligation to follow through with the delivery in the time frame specified. :angry: I am to the point where I am seriously thinking about cancelling my order and heading to the nearest Spa Dealership.

ok - still waiting on a call from the shipping company - This is starting to get ridiculous! I feel if the Costco website displayed "approximately 4 weeks" for delivery, Costco has an obligation to follow through with the delivery in the time frame specified. :angry: I am to the point where I am seriously thinking about cancelling my order and heading to the nearest Spa Dealership.

DO IT!

Incredibly perceptive comments! And there have been plenty of people whose costco tubs didn't work at all since day 1...people like Silver1 who couldn't even get his tub to turn on...Saskman who went through two months of pure hell trying to get his tub to work...and Duck_man who couldn't get his tub to work right, either.

Any advice that says to stay clear of Costco and go with a dealer could potentially lead a consumer into a dealer that sells HydroSpa tubs. The criticism should be of the HydroSpa tubs and not of Costco.

Incidentally, this thread started as the Infinity Sun Peak Spa. There haven't been any reports of anyone turning in their Costco-purchased Infinity spa yet.

To lump all bad experiences users have had with their HydroSpas as an indictment of Costco is wholly misleading.

I have said that over and over...I know nothing about the infinity and I am not upset with costco.

Regards,

Ken