Costco Infinity Sun Peak Spa

mcpetran

ok - still waiting on a call from the shipping company - This is starting to get ridiculous! I feel if the Costco website displayed "approximately 4 weeks" for delivery, Costco has an obligation to follow through with the delivery in the time frame specified.

Sure - you bought the tub from costco, it wasn't delivered in the time-frame advertised, and costco isn't following up. You have a good reason to be dissatisfied. I'd try following up with the shipping company. Your previous update indicated the shipping company contacted you on Friday, August 10th and indicated the tub would be delivered sometime this week (the week of August 13th). I'd call the shipping company and ask for the exact date of delivery and if they still plan on honoring the committment they made to you on August 10th.

I have found that phone calls are much effective at resolving issues than e-mails. If you can talk to a real person and specify exactly what it is you want, you'll get a much better response.

Let us know how you make out.

I am to the point where I am seriously thinking about cancelling my order and heading to the nearest Spa Dealership.

That's always an option. If you go this route, I hope you'll still update this board with how you make out. I don't think shipping delays are the exclusive domain of Costco.

I'm following this thread closely because I was seriously considering an Infinity Sun Peak. I opted against it and went with a Blue Water Spa instead. I ordered at around the same you did and am still waiting for my spa. The difference may be in expectations. My delivery date was tentatively scheduled for the week of August 20th, so I'm not getting anxious yet. The delivery confirmation also said that production delays may delay the delivery of the spa.

Best of luck in whatever you decide.

Regards,

Ken

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to tell you this and I may not be correct but there is no company called Blue Water Spas try finding it on the web.

Its Just a guy on ebay selling spas that I believe are made by infinity( yes the same company that makes the infinity sunpeak) or some other company.

Infinityspas.net make spas for dealers and anyone who wants to sell them.This guy is just made up this name and you will only find this spa on ebay.

Like I say I may be totally wrong and if anyone knows different please post.

Have a great day and enjoy your spa.

Hate to tell you this and I may not be correct but there is no company called Blue Water Spas try finding it on the web.

Its Just a guy on ebay selling spas that I believe are made by infinity( yes the same company that makes the infinity sunpeak) or some other company.

Infinityspas.net make spas for dealers and anyone who wants to sell them.This guy is just made up this name and you will only find this spa on ebay.

Like I say I may be totally wrong and if anyone knows different please post.

Have a great day and enjoy your spa.

What's this?

http://www.bluewaterspas.com/

Regarding Bluewaater spas

Well he may have a web site now.He didnt before and his tubs are auctioned off on ebay.

So does he build or does he own the molds that sit at a company that makes them for him as he sells them on ebay.I think he is just the middle man with no actual manufactureing plant.

Take a look on ebay and type in new 2007 malibu.Now go to infinityspas.net and check out the Infinity Bahama.

I have more faith in buying a spa from Costco than from this guy but thats only my opinion and I may be all wrong,let me know what you think.

Regarding Bluewaater spas

Well he may have a web site now.He didnt before and his tubs are auctioned off on ebay.

I tried to investigate the purchase as best I could before ordering. I knew ahead of time this company uses ebay as one distribution outlet. The positive of this for me is that it allowed me to contact past buyers and ask about their experiences. Blue Water Spas feedback rating was 99.3%. The thing that made me feel safer about the purchase was that in the few instances where there was an issue, the buyer posted follow-up feedback on ebay indicating the issues were resolved.

I have more faith in buying a spa from Costco than from this guy but thats only my opinion and I may be all wrong,let me know what you think.

Even though I ordered from Blue Water, I was leaning heavily towards Costco - primarily on their reputation and their return policy.

I do believe there are honest dealers out there who may use unconventional means (internet, ebay, etc.) to sell their spas other than the traditional brick and mortal retail showrooms. The only way the e-tailers can stay in business is through reputation. The risk of buying online is high and to alleviate consumers' fears, the e-tailers have to go the "extra mile" to make things right for the buyer who may have issues.

BlueWater Spas 99.3% feedback rating, coupled with the follow-up comments in the ebay feedback section, coupled with the private e-mail responses I received from past buyers after contacting them through ebay "contact member" facilities, alleviated the fears I had purchasing online.

Only time will tell if I'm a big sucker or not.

Regards,

Ken

where there was an issue, the buyer posted follow-up feedback on ebay indicating the issues were resolved.

ebay feedback section, coupled with the private e-mail responses I received from past buyers after contacting them through ebay "contact member" facilities, alleviated the fears I had purchasing online.

Only time will tell if I'm a big sucker or not.

Regards,

Ken

Can you go see the spas in there yards?? how do you know its not set up to look good. I would have bought at costco before on line.

John 104 Degrees

Any advice that says to stay clear of Costco and go with a dealer could potentially lead a consumer into a dealer that sells HydroSpa tubs. The criticism should be of the HydroSpa tubs and not of Costco.

Hydrospa doesn't have any dealers (unless you count Costco...snicker) because they are way too stingy to support dealers so people can be confident when they go to a hot tub dealer that they are not getting a hydrospa tub.

kd in greensboro, nc here costco htub scheduled to be here on sat aug 18th.

ordered on july 22nd. Electrician quoted $700 to wire including breaker gfi, wired and running with shut off box. Is that bad? is that typical? Can 6 people carry this tub? Does it come with start up kit?

WOW I feel unprepared.

I love the Costco threads.

Ken: Re BlueWater Spas.

I think you are right.I could not find one comment regarding BlueWater Spas on the internet so no news is sometimes good news.

You are also true that there only a few negative reviews except a few on ebay so I agree that you should be well looked after and a happy spa owner.

Also when reviewing the complaints about any company one must take into consideration the following.

Blue Water Spas say that in 2 years they have sold over 1500 spas.Infinityspas.net sold over 2750 SunPeak spas during the Costco promotion.Remember that this is one model to only one dealer and not there full line.

We have all read the posts of what less than 10 negative comments about Costco spas and as you say you read a few on the Blue Water.WOW!!!!!!!

Go check on line and check out some of the negative comments on spas costong $10000 to $12000.

Please do a post when you set it up and use it as even though Iam going the Costco route I would like to know what you think.

Thanks again for your post.

Electrician quoted $700 to wire including breaker gfi, wired and running with shut off box. Is that bad? is that typical?

Your electrical costs can vary greatly depending on your setup, and from electrician to electrician. I got two quotes from electricians: the first one for $1250, and the second for $450. i have no idea why they were so different. The first one is from a local electrician with a good reputation. The second was from a guy further away, who works with my dealer often, so maybe he gives the dealer's customers a discount or something.

ordered on july 22nd. Electrician quoted $700 to wire including breaker gfi, wired and running with shut off box. Is that bad? is that typical? Can 6 people carry this tub? Does it come with start up kit?

WOW I feel unprepared.

The bill from our electrician was $681 so your $700 estimate sounds in line. The truck driver, one other (very strong) young man, a dolly, 2 pieces of PVC pipe and $75 in cash from us got our Sun Peak from our driveway to our back yard and set in place. It did not come with a start up kit - I took a water sample from the spa when we first filled it to a local spa place and they analyzed it and told me what I needed to buy to get started. We have opted not to use bromine so I had to buy the dichlor, shock, ph decrease and test strips. It's been 2 weeks and I just took another sample over to the local place and had to buy alkalinity increaser. So far, so good.

BTW, before we bought our spa thru Costco, we went to this website:

http://poolandsparatings.com

They give Infinity spas a 10 out of 10 rating. Are they lying about being an independent website? This really influenced our decision to go ahead with the Sun Peak spa.

To whoever said, "So what if your Infinity spa worked right away - that's what it's supposed to do!" Those of us who bought them wouldn't be feeling so defensive if so many people hadn't blatantly trashed the product that we decided to buy! I joined this forum to get information since this is the first hot tub I have ever owned. I find that I have to sift through a lot of angry opinions to find the information I'm looking for. Can't we all just get along?

sandi

WOW I feel unprepared.

Hi Kid --

I, too, was feeling very unprepared for our spa! I found an electrician who agreed simply to do all the connections if I did most of the labor and bought the parts ahead of time. So I went to Lowe's and purchased the 6-3 cables, the conduit, the spa panel, 50A breaker and other misc items. I drilled all the holes through my basement joists, fed the electric lines. The total electrical bill was $425.00: $225 parts, $200 to the electrician. I was more than pleased. He was a great guy, too. I'll be giving him more work in the future!

As for the delay on the Sun Peak, it may be due to the factory being so overwhelmed by the popularity of this product. I've heard they're manufacturing over 500 tubs a week to keep up with the demand. This, plus the fact that an actual Infinity employee delivered my tub (and my next door neighbor's) from Tennessee to Michigan. He said that's how they're saving a bundle on shipping costs -- self delivery. And before one of you dealer-naysayers thinks this is a hack job, that employee-driver had over twenty years of spa experience. The semi he was driving had roughly a dozen tubs on it, all being delivered that day.

In addition to the electrical install, my second-greatest fear was what to do with a tub dropped-off at the curb? But when the delivery came, the Infinity guy put the tub on his dolly and brought it right to my backyard patio for a $50.00 tip!

I've had my tub for a few weeks now and am still thrilled with it! Aside from water chemistry trials and errors, NO PROBLEMS! My family and I get a soak in almost every night. Great product, IMHO. Would buy it all over again! :)

"Can't we all just get along? sandi

It's not so much about quarreling, Sandi, as it is about these spa dealers spreading FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) into new and potentially new spa buyers.

If you buy from me ... that's a good thing ... great insight ... that'll cost you ten grand! If you buy from Costco ... that's a bad thing ... you'll live a life full of spa misery and despair ... had you only spent another seven thousand with me you would have saved yourself all the headaches!

The hard sell approach is what drove me AWAY from the spa dealers in my area and drove me TOWARD Costco. The ten-year Infinity warranty and Costco lifetime return policy was icing on the cake for me. No dealer will touch that. NONE.

BTW, before we bought our spa thru Costco, we went to this website:

http://poolandsparatings.com

They give Infinity spas a 10 out of 10 rating. Are they lying about being an independent website? This really influenced our decision to go ahead with the Sun Peak spa.

There are not an independant website I believe Infinity owns that website.

Just like"Best of Class" ratings all bought and paid for.

WOW I feel unprepared.

Hi Kid --

I, too, was feeling very unprepared for our spa! I found an electrician who agreed simply to do all the connections if I did most of the labor and bought the parts ahead of time. So I went to Lowe's and purchased the 6-3 cables, the conduit, the spa panel, 50A breaker and other misc items. I drilled all the holes through my basement joists, fed the electric lines. The total electrical bill was $425.00: $225 parts, $200 to the electrician. I was more than pleased. He was a great guy, too. I'll be giving him more work in the future!

As for the delay on the Sun Peak, it may be due to the factory being so overwhelmed by the popularity of this product. I've heard they're manufacturing over 500 tubs a week to keep up with the demand. This, plus the fact that an actual Infinity employee delivered my tub (and my next door neighbor's) from Tennessee to Michigan. He said that's how they're saving a bundle on shipping costs -- self delivery. And before one of you dealer-naysayers thinks this is a hack job, that employee-driver had over twenty years of spa experience. The semi he was driving had roughly a dozen tubs on it, all being delivered that day.

In addition to the electrical install, my second-greatest fear was what to do with a tub dropped-off at the curb? But when the delivery came, the Infinity guy put the tub on his dolly and brought it right to my backyard patio for a $50.00 tip!

I've had my tub for a few weeks now and am still thrilled with it! Aside from water chemistry trials and errors, NO PROBLEMS! My family and I get a soak in almost every night. Great product, IMHO. Would buy it all over again! :)

thanks. i am looking forward to delivery on saturday. hopefully he will take it to the back with a tip. i have 5 or 6 guys to help move if ness.

The spa review site is hosted on the same web server as infinityspas.net. Thats a total fake, and knowing that I still bought the Sun Peak from Costco. Unless it arrives in pieces and/or catches on fire it seems like a pretty good deal. I would love to see some pictures from those members who have already installed their spa. I'll be sure to put mine up (hopefully including delivery) as soon as mine arrives. My arrival window is the last week in August. I ordered on the last day of the sale (Jul 22?). The delay is fine with me since I need to build a patio, and install a subpanel and wiring, neither of which I've ever done.

I don't care if you got the spa from the man in the moon....as long as you are happy with it, that is ALL that matters, in the end.

If you remember, while you are doing the prep work, try and take photo's of your progress. I, for one, love to see the progress and the finished product. I know others also love to see others spa set-up's...LOL...it's a Better Homes and Spa view.

Enjoy your spa when it comes..... :D

"Can't we all just get along? sandi

It's not so much about quarreling, Sandi, as it is about these spa dealers spreading FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) into new and potentially new spa buyers.

If you buy from me ... that's a good thing ... great insight ... that'll cost you ten grand! If you buy from Costco ... that's a bad thing ... you'll live a life full of spa misery and despair ... had you only spent another seven thousand with me you would have saved yourself all the headaches!

The hard sell approach is what drove me AWAY from the spa dealers in my area and drove me TOWARD Costco. The ten-year Infinity warranty and Costco lifetime return policy was icing on the cake for me. No dealer will touch that. NONE.

Stick around for 5-6 years....we'll talk.

ok - i have good news - My spa that ordered on July 2nd (first day of the sale) has been delivered and placed in my backyard. I paid the guys $150. It looks amazing! I am very excited and have a call out to my electrician to see if he can fit me in tomorrow. I will keep you updated and post pictures (if I can figure out how) tomorrow. Thanks for listening!

ok - i have good news - My spa that ordered on July 2nd (first day of the sale) has been delivered and placed in my backyard. I paid the guys $150. It looks amazing! I am very excited and have a call out to my electrician to see if he can fit me in tomorrow. I will keep you updated and post pictures (if I can figure out how) tomorrow. Thanks for listening!

Congratulations!!! Pics :D

John 104 degrees

As for the delay on the Sun Peak, it may be due to the factory being so overwhelmed by the popularity of this product. I've heard they're manufacturing over 500 tubs a week to keep up with the demand. ! :)

This sounds like a sales to me. I'm not saying it is. i'm just saying it sounds like sales.

John 104 Degrees