Costco Infinity Sun Peak Spa

mcpetran

And you still havent answered my question about the watches. Pretty easy to attack products that arnt apples to apples...explain these, or dodge the question.

Your concept of high volume and low margin would be incorrect, these are fantasies you have to make yourself feel better about buying low end stuff. Just because your a low end low quality shopper doesnt mean everyone is.

You know, I truly understand your need to personally attack those who effect your bottom-line. Keep it coming, because it makes you look cheap, like the hustler I am sure you are. I've been to the traveling spa road shows before and have seen the used-car salesman carnival act you guys put on. It drove me to Costco, just so you know...

You must not shop at Costco or Sam's Club much, right? Because if you had, you'd know what everyone else seems to know, that not everything is a bargain there. Nor has anyone but yourself ever made the claim.

Aside from the consistently good prices on most bulk items, the true beauty of these stores are the unusual deals you may find from week-to-week. I went there one day about five years ago to buy beer and steaks and walked out with a professional-grade, gym-quality Nautilus elliptical machine for under $500.00. The next week, the remaining units were gone for good and have never been back.

I bought an Apple iMac there for hundreds less than the Apple store or CompUSA was selling them, plus I got a free extended warranty that would have cost another couple hundred dollars. Why? Because Apple, at that time only, had a surplus on non-Intel-based iMacs it wanted to clear in a hurry from its inventory. They turned to Costco to sell them. I am sure Apple and Costco made a bundle on volume sales, too. iMacs have never been back, either.

A smart shopper knows a good deal when he or she sees it. I've waited for over three years to make my spa purchase. I've done my homework. The right product finally came along. The right price finally came along. The right warranties came along.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update - The electrician is going to be here on Monday therefore he is requesting that I fill the tub. Therefore, I am planning on filling today - However need advice on a couple of things:

* In the Owner's Manual, it states to make sure "slice valves" should be in the open position before filling. Can anybody shed some light on what these look like and where they are located?

* It sounds to me like I should remove the filter lid and place the hose direcly into the filter housing. Does this sound correct?

* My plan was to fill it today without chemicals - Then when electric is on, throw in the chemicals and turn this thing on. Does anybody disagree?

Sorry about all of the questions -

And I really appreciate all of the help!

if you open panel you will have slice/gate valves, they are handles-probably white next to your pumps. they should be pulled out.

your water comes into the tub clean, dont worry about chemicals day 1, just enjoy it tonight and put it in tomorrow.

Right.

And fortunately for me I avoided the headache and didn't go that route. My hope is that all those poor souls who did believe all the garbage Spa World was preaching--to justify the outrageous prices they were asking--are protected

Your wrong, spa world (and everyother company who has had to shut the doors) had every intention of being there for you, and the spa store next to you would be just as happy to earn your loyal chemical business. If you contact the manufacturer in that scenerio they would find a local service tec to service your spa...similar to what costco does. More then likely it would be a little easier to get service using a better company because better companies pay more for warranty work, hense you wouldnt be charged hidden fees more then likely and the service tec wanting all spa worlds old service work wouldnt want to upset the manufacturer-the service tec they sent out probably actually worked for spa world and now will just be doing it on his own so he knows the product as well.

Maybe know the industry before you say things as if they are true. Spa places go out of business, the market is down and part of the reason is customers who think they getting low margins and good deals at costco...if someone would just open there eyes and see costco sells things just as expensive as anyone else they are just blinded by marketing maybe they could do some research of there own and see this.

Maybe know the industry before you say things as if they are true.

I've experienced it first hand, so I know it's true.

Wanna come to White Lake, Michigan, some time? We could grab a coffee and stand in front of the now abandoned Spa World store. The sign is still up on the front, but the showroom is empty. Perhaps you could take the sign home with you to add to the collection of other dead and defunct spa businesses who've left their customers hanging out to dry after promising them the world. I'm sure you know more than I do with that regard.

Spa places go out of business, the market is down and part of the reason is customers who think they getting low margins and good deals at costco...if someone would just open there eyes and see costco sells things just as expensive as anyone else they are just blinded by marketing maybe they could do some research of there own and see this.

Capitalism at its finest. May the best man and the better sales model win.

Of course you are right, Spatech. Technically, it's a manufacturer's warranty and issue. But, the way the sales approach was framed to me was that they, Spa World, the dealer, would take care of any issues I had during the warranty period, worry-free, and within a 24-hour window. That Spa World had the reputation to uphold, blah, blah, blah, and that they were the greatest benefit to me, blah, blah, blah. Many people here know the drill, I am sure.

Bottom-line: had I bought from them, service would now be my headache.

Bottom-line: had you bought a spa made by one of the very reputable manufacturers, service would now be their headache if the dealer went away. The best ones gain their reputation by taking care of business when needed.

Right.

And fortunately for me I avoided the headache and didn't go that route. My hope is that all those poor souls who did believe all the garbage Spa World was preaching--to justify the outrageous prices they were asking--are protected.

You buy from the top manufacturers to avoid the headache and you never did say what that dealer sold but we'll assume it was not Hot Spring, Sundance, Marquis etc. since you think you avoided a headache.

If you have a real issue with your spa that's when the headache may kick in IMO becaue getting service will very likely be a chore from Infinity. You can of course pick up the spa and return it though its not quite so easy as returning a pair of shoes but you will have that option for awhile.

Update - The electrician is going to be here on Monday therefore he is requesting that I fill the tub. Therefore, I am planning on filling today - However need advice on a couple of things:

* In the Owner's Manual, it states to make sure "slice valves" should be in the open position before filling. Can anybody shed some light on what these look like and where they are located?

* It sounds to me like I should remove the filter lid and place the hose direcly into the filter housing. Does this sound correct?

* My plan was to fill it today without chemicals - Then when electric is on, throw in the chemicals and turn this thing on. Does anybody disagree?

Sorry about all of the questions -

And I really appreciate all of the help!

As traveling spa guy said, the slice valves should be right next to the pump(s) - one "handle" on either side of each pump. The idea is that if a pump breaks, you can close the valve on either side of the bad pump, and take the pump out without having to drain your water. The valves are usually open, but may have closed a little during shipping. If they're slightly closed you may lose some water pressure. If they're mostly closed you may ruin the pump. Call your dealer if you're not sure where they are in your spa.

The filling method you mentioned is correct - take the filter out, and put the hose into the intake where the filter used to go. The idea is to clear as much air out of your system as possible- without doing this, there would be air in the line between the filter and the pump.

You can take your first soak without chemicals. Either way, wait until the spa is hot (up to normal using temperature) before adding chemicals - most of them work better in hot water.

Good luck, and happy soaking!

one more question - I am having difficulty finding the drain. What does it look like and where is it usually? Thanks again for all of your help! I want to make sure the tub is fairly clean before I fill this beast. Thanks again!

1) Along the base of the spa

2) Take panel off and look inside of the tub towards one of the corners (probably the front left) and you will see a clear tube with a 2-way small valve on the end of it to adapt a garden hose. Sometimes there are two drains.

one more question - I am having difficulty finding the drain. What does it look like and where is it usually? Thanks again for all of your help! I want to make sure the tub is fairly clean before I fill this beast. Thanks again!

The drain on the Infinity Sun Peak is on the wall to the right of the service panel, along the black bottom base.

You buy from the top manufacturers to avoid the headache and you never did say what that dealer sold but we'll assume it was not Hot Spring, Sundance, Marquis etc. since you think you avoided a headache.

I haven't said the manufacturer's name because that's not the point, IMHO. You can continue with this line of reasoning all you want, but from a consumer's point of view, the dealer is the draw. He's local. He's accommodating. He's the go-between. He's coordinator for maintenance, services, chemicals, repairs...etc, etc, etc. If you don't believe me, go to a spa dealer, pretend you're an average Joe interested in a tub, and listen to all the hyperbole.

If you have a real issue with your spa that's when the headache may kick in IMO because getting service will very likely be a chore from Infinity. You can of course pick up the spa and return it though its not quite so easy as returning a pair of shoes but you will have that option for awhile.

Now you're assuming that Infinity is a bad company. Where do you get your evidence from? So far, I'm extremely happy with my purchase and their offerings. They have delivered everything on time and as promised. And if Infinity--at anytime--gives me undue grief, I'll pitch a fit with Costco.

The same people on this post keep going over and over and over the same issues.

I'm right......no I'm......no your not....O.K. both sides are right boy you can sure see how wars are started.

How about someone starting a new post My New Hot Spa.This can be any hot spa.I for one would like to see some pictures submitted by the owners and there short and long term views of there spa experiences.We could then get to know what all the different spas out there are like and share our experiences.

This would be great but I know that it wouldn't work unless some of the members here were blocked from submitting there."YOU DIDN'T GET THE HOT TUB FROM ME OR ANOTHER DEALER SO IT'S CRAP COMMENTS" and there long boring bashing posts.

I chose this site to see peoples comments on there new or old tubs and not to read long posts from upset dealers or service employees.

These few members are ruining it for us all and I don't think that I have to mention any names.

I will check in from time to time so please post your new or old tub experiences and pictures please.To the members that kept this post on track thanks.

more then likely its inside the spa, look for a little valve to open with a hose attachment.

You know, I truly understand your need to personally attack those who effect your bottom-line. Keep it coming, because it makes you look cheap, like the hustler I am sure you are. I've been to the traveling spa road shows before and have seen the used-car salesman carnival act you guys put on. It drove me to Costco, just so you know...

personal attacks? I sit here and listen to these people who buy off pictures on the internet claiming to have found the best deal on a spa they have ever seen. Yet I show apple to apple study research showing the tubs are not much if any less than in show rooms and no one responds to this. I defend my industry from people who chose to harm it like you. I don't mind you bought a costco spa, I try to sell typically higher end of spas and dont think you could of afforded the brand of tub I would have been selling. What annoys me is the people who bash higher end because they couldnt afford it or "chose" not to. You like buying something worth thousands of dollars off a picture that is fine, but after what I have shown you please stop claiming to be doing all these low prices on high volume and low margins. A cheaply made tub was sold for cheap, congrats, hope it lasts you forever...but its like me referring all my friends to Kia because my car was the cheapest made car and it actually drove off the lot. People who are buying these items from Costco are buying into the marketing put around it, and then people like you defending the cheap purchases give others excuses to buy the lesser brands because someone else did it. It is not easy selling hot tubs or anything because when you ask for someones money you become the scum of the earth, so these shoppers want us to give the best education we can on hot tubs but "oh no please dont ask me to buy, thats too high pressure for me to handle"....so you run back to your computer that wouldnt dare do something as insulting and buy the cheapest thing you find because now that someone told you about tubs you are an expert....maybe your brother owned a hot tub once or something. All im asking is for people to stop saying its low margin and high volume and talking about dealers getting rich off each customer, we are all just trying to EARN a living, costco effects me much less then normal sales people...but I feel for them, so I speak up about it.

QUOTE .but its like me referring all my friends to Kia because my car was the cheapest made car and it actually drove off the lot

Whats wrong with a Kia?

I know its not a BMW but please let everyone on this forum know why not to purchase a Kia.

Please enlighten everyone.

QUOTE .but its like me referring all my friends to Kia because my car was the cheapest made car and it actually drove off the lot

Whats wrong with a Kia?

I know its not a BMW but please let everyone on this forum know why not to purchase a Kia.

It depends on what your looking for in a vehicle. I drive mine until they start having major problems. I like to keep a vehicle 10 years or sometimes more. And the only reason I change is to get a different configuration or bigger or sportier or something. I can do that with the brand I buy because they have very few problems for 10 years. A Kia is a throw away vehicle that after 3-5 years starts to rattle have more problems and generaly get junkier. If you can't afford a better vehicle fine buy a Kia but if durability and longevity are what your looking for there are better choices out there, but they cost more.

I have said this before. Its about what the consumers want. Putting everything else to the side people are buying the infinity tubs like crazy. All my friends are wooing over the infinity at Costco right now. It has all they toys and in there price range. Like it or not they are moving they out the door.

I have said this before. Its about what the consumers want. Putting everything else to the side people are buying the infinity tubs like crazy. All my friends are wooing over the infinity at Costco right now. It has all they toys and in there price range. Like it or not they are moving they out the door.

I am happy with tub so far...seems like i may have wandered into the wrong place. I thought I would get help in setting up and share success stories and prob solve with fellow spa owners. instead this is being over run by someone who either needs a different "hobby" or perhaps a job that is more fulfilling.

Just a thought. Maybe we should start another blog for people who actually have things to say that people want to hear.

Just a thought.... <_<

I try to sell typically higher end of spas and dont think you could of afforded the brand of tub I would have been selling.

First mistake of a salesperson is to assume someone cant afford their product!! Traveling spa sale...you wouldnt get me in the door/tent of one of these operations.

I am happy with tub so far...seems like i may have wandered into the wrong place. I thought I would get help in setting up and share success stories and prob solve with fellow spa owners. instead this is being over run by someone who either needs a different "hobby" or perhaps a job that is more fulfilling.

Just a thought. Maybe we should start another blog for people who actually have things to say that people want to hear.

Just a thought.... <_<

You are so right.

to Kd in NC

Keep posting as most people here I think want to share.There are only a few bad apples.I havent had mine delivered yet but will let you know whats up.

It may be best to start a mass email list and that way we could all share experiences and share information and avoid the few people on this post that are ruining it for everyone else.

Or If you find another site let me know by email.Again I can not agree with you more and thanks for the post.

to Kd in NC

Keep posting as most people here I think want to share.There are only a few bad apples.I havent had mine delivered yet but will let you know whats up.

It may be best to start a mass email list and that way we could all share experiences and share information and avoid the few people on this post that are ruining it for everyone else.

Or If you find another site let me know by email.Again I can not agree with you more and thanks for the post.

There are at least two other sites out there that don't have this level of flame wars. PM me and I'd be happy to link you to them.

kd in greensboro, nc here costco htub scheduled to be here on sat aug 18th.

ordered on july 22nd. Electrician quoted $700 to wire including breaker gfi, wired and running with shut off box. Is that bad? is that typical? Can 6 people carry this tub? Does it come with start up kit?

WOW I feel unprepared.

The bill from our electrician was $681 so your $700 estimate sounds in line. The truck driver, one other (very strong) young man, a dolly, 2 pieces of PVC pipe and $75 in cash from us got our Sun Peak from our driveway to our back yard and set in place. It did not come with a start up kit - I took a water sample from the spa when we first filled it to a local spa place and they analyzed it and told me what I needed to buy to get started. We have opted not to use bromine so I had to buy the dichlor, shock, ph decrease and test strips. It's been 2 weeks and I just took another sample over to the local place and had to buy alkalinity increaser. So far, so good.

BTW, before we bought our spa thru Costco, we went to this website:

http://poolandsparatings.com

They give Infinity spas a 10 out of 10 rating. Are they lying about being an independent website? This really influenced our decision to go ahead with the Sun Peak spa.

To whoever said, "So what if your Infinity spa worked right away - that's what it's supposed to do!" Those of us who bought them wouldn't be feeling so defensive if so many people hadn't blatantly trashed the product that we decided to buy! I joined this forum to get information since this is the first hot tub I have ever owned. I find that I have to sift through a lot of angry opinions to find the information I'm looking for. Can't we all just get along?

sandi

That is not an independent website and it has been the same for many years with the same chart. It is bogus.

Well, the carousel goes 'round and 'round, the painted ponies go up and down....

We have a motion to close the thread. All in favor, go read something else.

I would like to apologize for all those who kept reading those posts they did not want to read, this will be my last post on this thread. My only point I tried to get out was Costco doesnt have such a small margin that your just getting one heck of a deal and you can find other hot tubs cheaper, even other online sources if thats what your looking for.

First mistake of a salesperson is to assume someone cant afford their product!! Traveling spa sale...you wouldnt get me in the door/tent of one of these operations.

I never assume someone can't afford my tub, but when someone buys a costco tub I dont tell myself I just lost a sale because they were looking to spend much less then my tub offered, honestly it was just trying to jab at the person I was speaking about but realized it became a war that was annoying the entire board.

Sorry guys for this war, I initially came to this forum because I wanted to eduacate new hot tub buyers either before or after there purchase depending on needs, someone recommending costco for there "low margins" just got under my skin when knowing the hot tub industry more then anyother industry I know this to be inaccurate. If you have a costco spa I do wish you all the best and have never had ill wishes towards anyone who has bought them.

Whats wrong with a Kia?

I believe you missed the point! hehe :)