Drinking In Tub

Tubber McGee

does anyone drink alcohol in their tub?

what is your preferred drink?

Beer.

For many of us a beer or glass of wine go hand-in-hand with a soak in the tub!

Champagne in the mornings ... Micro beer (a bottle or two is fine, haven't tried the half gallon growler in the tub yet, that's reserved for inside) in the evenings.

But generally speaking, very little drinking in the tub, normally just soaking.

DK117

I would recommend that people be careful about drinking or drugs (legal prescription, of course).

If you were to pass out, you could overheat or drown, and possibly die.

Funny story about that....I have a tendency to overindulge.... and one night in the depths of a Minnesota winter (-25f that night) I got really drunk and my buddies dropped me off at home.

I decided I needed a bath so I poured a hot bath and proceeded to pass out.

Our bathroom is on an outside corner and the tub is also on that outside corner.....so.....6 hours later when my wife got home she found me blue and hypothermic in the tub....so we made a quick run to the E.R. to get me all warmed up.

Funny...I damn near died from Hypothermia in my house after pouring a hot bath...go figure!

My wife and I have a couple of 24 oz plastic cups that we use to drink whatever tickles our fancy. Sometimes it's beer, other times, mixed drinks. Usually we stay in the tub until the drinks are gone.

Dave

I sometimes finish off a bottle of Boone's Farm while soaking though I can't seem to keep the brown bag dry which is annoying.

PLASTIC. Get one of those little plastic Safeway bags. You'll be all set.

But frankly - you shouldn't have ANY glass in the tub.... no, not at all. Use a plastic glass or paper cup.

does anyone drink alcohol in their tub?

what is your preferred drink?

Tubber - only in extreme moderation. But I drink either beer -- sometimes original Coors, as it reminds me of my youth, and sometimes a good English ale - Fuller's ESB or London Pride.

Wine for the ladies. Occasionally, a high powered cocktail. But always in plastic glasses....

I drink wine while soaking. Occasionaly a beer. As others have said, plastic cups are a good idea and drink in moderation. The hot tub will magnify the effects of alcohol. I keep an eye on guests when they have a drink and tub. Most don't realize the effects until they stand up and attempt to get out.

We drink in the tub too, but usually, when it is just my wife and I. When we entertain, we keep the soaking time short. Mostly because the temptation to whiz in the tub by the visitors might be too tempting for them.....I don't know that, but I'm just sayin.....

Now that's funny! I just tell all my guest that I am super fastidious about the sanitation, and I can tell if someone spills a drink or pees in the tub....so as far as I know...no one pees in there!

that's just funny...