D1-nautilus, Caldera-niagra, Sundance Optima, Or Coast-radiance

swagmaster

I am currently looking at these three:

D1 Nautilus - Floor Model $8300 or Order with choice of cabinet for $9400. Seems like a reall great price, but for some reason the D1's just look really plain.

Caldera Niagara - Very sharp looking unit and seems like it has a lot to offer and price is about $9,100

Sundance Optima or Cameo $12,200 - Seems very high priced but I have not haggled yet

Coast Radiance - $9,500 - Semmed nice, but for some reason, just not sold.

My gut seems to like the Caldera or Sundance, and will most likely will wet test these. Any thoughts on these models.

Go with a Artic spa

D1 Nautilus - Floor Model $8300 or Order with choice of cabinet for $9400. Seems like a reall great price, but for some reason the D1's just look really plain.

Caldera Niagara - Very sharp looking unit and seems like it has a lot to offer and price is about $9,100

Sundance Optima or Cameo $12,200 - Seems very high priced but I have not haggled yet

My gut seems to like the Caldera or Sundance, and will most likely will wet test these. Any thoughts on these models.

Go with a Artic spa

None in my area, or i would have.

Go with a Artic spa

None in my area, or i would have.

Go with a Artic spa

Just curious, why didn't a single person step up for Coast?

Why don't you shoot me your info, I might be able to arrange a wet test in your area. The Nautilus is a great spa, I wouldn't make a decision until you tried it out.

I appreciate the offer, but prefer that no one call my dealer.

Update on Wet test: We just tried the Sundance Optima & Cameo. I think we lean Cameo. Seems like a good price at $9,300 now, include the faux stone cabinet (we like this a lot) and a stereo (we don't really care but will take it).

Any thoughts from anybody?

Why don't you shoot me your info, I might be able to arrange a wet test in your area. The Nautilus is a great spa, I wouldn't make a decision until you tried it out.

Update on Wet test: We just tried the Sundance Optima & Cameo. I think we lean Cameo. Seems like a good price at $9,300 now, include the faux stone cabinet (we like this a lot) and a stereo (we don't really care but will take it).

This might be late, but I vote for the Coast. I am a dealer so I do have a bias, but I think the quality of Coast is on par with the others you looked at. I cannot speak for their past reputation, but since we picked up the line, the company has been good. I think you owe it to yourself to try the Radiance. I have sat in the lounger and non lounger version and there was not a bad seat.

You won't go far wrong with the Cameo - good choice.

That's a fabulous spa....Great choice. And it sells up here (Canada) for over $15K (around $13,800 USD). so to me that a great price!!! GO BUY IT!!!! :P

The wet tests really are helpful. the cameo had much stronger jets than the Caldera, and just seems a little better designed. liked the way the controls actually did a 180 so I could read them from inside the tub. Small attention to detail made me feel good about the rest. Plus the radio was a plus. Liked the sound more than I thought.

That's a fabulous spa....Great choice. And it sells up here (Canada) for over $15K (around $13,800 USD). so to me that a great price!!! GO BUY IT!!!! :P

The wet tests really are helpful. the cameo had much stronger jets than the Caldera, and just seems a little better designed. liked the way the controls actually did a 180 so I could read them from inside the tub. Small attention to detail made me feel good about the rest. Plus the radio was a plus. Liked the sound more than I thought.

A decision has been made:

Thanks to all the great advice from this board, I have decide on the Sundance Cameo. After wet test,a dnresearch I choose the Cameo for the following reasons:

1. The Wet test: We really like this one best. We went in thinking that we may not like the lounge due to floating, and the reduction of seating. Decide that bottom line, the tub was for me and my wife, and heck with the others if they can not fit on those few occasions we have visitors. Floating was not a problem.

2. Power of jets: The power of the jets were way stronger than Caldera Geneva. Geneva did win with the calf jets on the lounger, but that was not enough to budge the needle over.

3. Terra Stone Cabinet: This will look great on our stamped concrete and new colored slad. To order this on the other models would increase price over $1,000 from any of the other dealers.

4. Stereo: Though I really didn't want/need this, it came with the floor model in the deal. On the wet test, it really was impressive. iPod dock, CD ,and MP3 jack. However, I almost expect it to break with two years. I figure I can just replace it with a cheapo best buy model then and take advantage of the speakers. This is another $1,000 perk if we were to order.

5. Chemicals: 4 Months starter kit

6. Steps: Got them to throw in basic steps

7. Cover Lift: Negotiated a special cover lift that will work with the jagged terrastone.

8. Service: The dealer has been in business as long as i can remember, and is less than a mile from my house. Free Delivery

9. Price: $9,280

Bottom line, at that price i am getting a lot more than what it would have taken to order one of the other. My wife really wanted the stone cabinet and that made the need to order almost mandatory.

Again, I could not have done this without all the input. Look forward to diving (okay steeping) in in a few weeks. My wife and I both are marathoners, and i think we will just eat this up.

You got a good price considering the faux stone and the stereo. We use our stereo almost every time someone's in the tub. The sound is great, but we're very disappointed with the iPod dock. The operation is very archaic, unless you want to play your song list alphabetically. There's options to play playlists, but it's fairly complicated and we've taken to burning our song lists to MP3 CDs, which sound great and you have the option to play your music randomly.

You got a good price considering the faux stone and the stereo. We use our stereo almost every time someone's in the tub. The sound is great, but we're very disappointed with the iPod dock. The operation is very archaic, unless you want to play your song list alphabetically. There's options to play playlists, but it's fairly complicated and we've taken to burning our song lists to MP3 CDs, which sound great and you have the option to play your music randomly.

Swagmaster,

great to hear you bought a spa welcome to the land of hot tub lovers, bummer you did not go with D1 oh well if the spa is right for you then who can complain, at least you bought a high end brand....enjoy your new tub for many years to come....