Circulation Pumps?

m3722

The pump they use the same that most all others who use the small circ pump use. As it has been pointed out by several others besides myself YES they are energy efficeint AND "about" the same as a two speed that runs for a 1/4 of the time.

That is correct. Using a circ pump though you don't have to use your jet pumps.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The spa that I am involved with currently offers both options. They are simply different means of filtration. Both work. Personally I prefer the 24 hour circ... but not one of the small ones that runs 9/10 gallons. This way I dont have to think about changing my filter hours according the the usage- it is always running.

Your spa doesn't come with a circulation pump. So why would you ever think it would be important?

You are thick. Do you ever look at anything with both eyes open or are you so blinded by your own arrogance. All I have said is they both work and each does somethings better than the other. Since you are so confident in the Hot Springs circ pump. How much do you want to bet that they in the next 2 years will go to either go to a larger circ pump or they start having pre programmed clean cycles like what Sun- Dance does. The story they have is good but there are many holes in it. Since you lack any ability it "appears" to acknowledge the truth about things like Hot Springs using the jet pumps on the clean up cycle. You up for a bet.

Your spa doesn't come with a circulation pump. So why would you ever think it would be important?

It depends on what people want. Some people like a stick shift, other automatic. Some people will prefer the way a system works with a pump running twice a day with the ability to control it themselves- live in the city and the low amount of sound wouldn't bother them, others will want one running all the time- live in the country and can hear a rabbit burp so a silent pump is preferable(the circ pump is the best one to work with an automatic salt sanitizer). Why would I think it isn't important to offer options? Different strokes for different folks ya know?

:)

It depends on what people want. Some people like a stick shift, other automatic. Some people will prefer the way a system works with a pump running twice a day with the ability to control it themselves- live in the city and the low amount of sound wouldn't bother them, others will want one running all the time- live in the country and can hear a rabbit burp so a silent pump is preferable(the circ pump is the best one to work with an automatic salt sanitizer). Why would I think it isn't important to offer options? Different strokes for different folks ya know?

:)

oh, and 2 of the spas do automatically come with the circ pump, it is available as an option for any of the others.

oh, and 2 of the spas do automatically come with the circ pump, it is available as an option for any of the others.

If a spa manufacturer produces a spa in a way that does not need or use a circulation pump, than, u won't see the value in one. If your spa uses a circulation pump, than, you probably will like it being a part of your spa.

If a spa manufacturer produces a spa in a way that does not need or use a circulation pump, than, u won't see the value in one. If your spa uses a circulation pump, than, you probably will like it being a part of your spa.

hummmm what about those who have done both and have in fact used as a example the exact same unit that Hot Springs uses. Now today in the year 2006 they no longer do so. Because they have found what they believe is a more effective way to filter. Could even possibly you ? YES, could even YOU be able to see that someone like that probably has more genuine insight after doing it both ways than someone who has only used one type of system.

hummmm what about those who have done both and have in fact used as a example the exact same unit that Hot Springs uses. Now today in the year 2006 they no longer do so. Because they have found what they believe is a more effective way to filter. Could even possibly you ? YES, could even YOU be able to see that someone like that probably has more genuine insight after doing it both ways than someone who has only used one type of system.

The circulation pump makes sense to me. It may not to you. IMHO, I feel it is better to have a circulation pump than the alternative. I maintain 7 filled spas with circulation pumps everyday and they are extremely easy to keep clean. I feel the circ pump is one of the reasons for that. Just my opinion.

The circulation pump makes sense to me. It may not to you. IMHO, I feel it is better to have a circulation pump than the alternative. I maintain 7 filled spas with circulation pumps everyday and they are extremely easy to keep clean. I feel the circ pump is one of the reasons for that. Just my opinion.

Does a circulating pump except hotsprings do 100percent filtration or does it just move the water around without being filtered?

Does a circulating pump except hotsprings do 100percent filtration or does it just move the water around without being filtered?

All the brands that I have seen with circ pumps pull it through the filter and deposit it in the tub through a single jet after it passes through the heater, and the mazzi injector for O3 is past the heater .

oh It makes sense to me as we have done them also. We take care of 5 spas that do not use them and the water is just as clean as when they did. I am not going to debate if its even cleaner as I am sure to get a true analysis we would have to have it lab tested. But the bottom line is I can see that both work and I do feel one does over all provide more of a benefit but it seems that you have a really hard time thinking anything without a circ pump can be any good when in fact depending on what you like it might be much better. I am not saying it is or it is not but I can at least see that both work but I am not so sure you can.

Yes, there are other manufacturers that do 100 percent filtration with the circulation pump.

How about the tubs unlike hotsprings, does the circulating pump just move around the water without being filtered 100percent?

How about the tubs unlike hotsprings, does the circulating pump just move around the water without being filtered 100percent?

The circulation pump HAS to filter water. It sucks water through the filter, therefore it is filtering water, not just moving it around. The bigger the circ. pump, the more water that is going to be filtered and agitated. The downside is, as you go up in the amount of gallons filtered, you also go up in cost to operate the pump.

The circulation pump HAS to filter water. It sucks water through the filter, therefore it is filtering water, not just moving it around. The bigger the circ. pump, the more water that is going to be filtered and agitated. The downside is, as you go up in the amount of gallons filtered, you also go up in cost to operate the pump.

OBBVIOUSLY they filter the water. I gotta believe Brulan must actually understand this but I'll bet anything he still tells customers "yeah, that other brand uses a circ pump and they don't filter water, they just move it around a little".

I can understand the higher operating costs. My question is does a circulating pump take the water on the further end of the suction to lead to filtering?

I can understand the higher operating costs. My question is does a circulating pump take the water on the further end of the suction to lead to filtering?

You've asked this question before so I'm not sure if you're really looking for the answer or just validation to one of your whacky sales theories LOL. Water is very "fluid", it's not like pudding or Jell-o. The pump doesn't just keep circulating the same water molecules through the filter while the others sit in the corner taking a nap. True, it doesn't move the water as quickly as the 2-speed pump but it works at it's own pace all day long to move the water through the filter and yes, all of them get a turn.Before you ask, some systems have a daily purge of the jet lines so that water doesn't get stagnant and I believe others have bleed lines from the circ to jet lines to make sure that water doesn't sit there if the spa isn't used for days on end.

You've asked this question before so I'm not sure if you're really looking for the answer or just validation to one of your whacky sales theories LOL. Water is very "fluid", it's not like pudding or Jell-o. The pump doesn't just keep circulating the same water molecules through the filter while the others sit in the corner taking a nap. True, it doesn't move the water as quickly as the 2-speed pump but it works at it's own pace all day long to move the water through the filter and yes, all of them get a turn.Before you ask, some systems have a daily purge of the jet lines so that water doesn't get stagnant and I believe others have bleed lines from the circ to jet lines to make sure that water doesn't sit there if the spa isn't used for days on end.

Tech Thank you for mentioning the bleed lines. I appreciate and respect your honesty if your spa uses these and its works for you fine. But there are some who just want to twist what a bleed line is and try to turn into something that more closely resembles a rushing river at the peak of a snow melt.