Marquis Person Here To Help

Marquis Man

Hello I am with Marquis and I read these boards on occasion and I decided to sign up and offer any help with Marquis questions, problems or whatever you need that is Marquis related. I am not here to bad mouth anyone or other products but I do have a wide range of experience and may offer some insight if I think I can help.

Gary

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sell alot of different tubs and have talked with some Marquis people who are pretty happy but have been told that when Marquis was bought out they took the circ pumps so they could put in the gecko packs...I know the pitch against circ pumps but as a spa guy I completely believe in them...why would you guys take them out?

dont know alot about marquis really I have never sold them but believe they make a good tub.

dont know alot about marquis really I have never sold them but believe they make a good tub.

No offense but by your comments you know nothing about Marquis. We could go back and fourth all day about circ pump or no circ pump but bottom line are thought is the more water you filter the easier time you will have with your water. We filter 3,600 gallons an hour compared to 420 gallons in a circ pump system.

Both ways can work when done correctly and potential customers should not let the different ways sway their purchasing decision.

99.9% of the time if someone is have water quality issue it is them causing the problem not the spa. All manufactures have people that have a hard time with the water and we all have people that think it is the greatest thing.

I sell alot of different tubs and have talked with some Marquis people who are pretty happy but have been told that when Marquis was bought out they took the circ pumps so they could put in the gecko packs...I know the pitch against circ pumps but as a spa guy I completely believe in them...why would you guys take them out?

Well not to start a debate about circ pumps. There must be something to say for them as my #1 pump on my 06 Marquis Epic is starting to go out. This is the pump that does double duty. Keep in mind this is my 2nd Marquis tub - my first one, 04 Euphoria was taken back by Marquis because of multiple problems - primarily with #1 pump going out. This is my 2nd Marquis tub, 1 year old now have a pump going out. :( I'm not worried about it being replaced that has never been a problem just frustrating! :angry:

Hello I am with Marquis and I read these boards on occasion and I decided to sign up and offer any help with Marquis questions, problems or whatever you need that is Marquis related. I am not here to bad mouth anyone or other products but I do have a wide range of experience and may offer some insight if I think I can help.

Gary

Welcome to the board!

Gary

What is you association with Marquis? Do you work at the factory?

Gary,

I have a Marquis question for you. I think the web site does a good job explaining a lot about Marquis spas, but I'm still a little confused about the jets. For example, what's the difference between the HK 8, 26, and 40 jets? And I just read on another thread that Marquis jets don't rotate - why is that? I know that jets with bearings in them can break pretty easily, but I find non-rotating jets to be uncomfortable.

Gary,

I have a Marquis question for you. I think the web site does a good job explaining a lot about Marquis spas, but I'm still a little confused about the jets. For example, what's the difference between the HK 8, 26, and 40 jets? And I just read on another thread that Marquis jets don't rotate - why is that? I know that jets with bearings in them can break pretty easily, but I find non-rotating jets to be uncomfortable.

The numbers represent the gallons per minute that the jets are rated for flow.

Gary,

I'm obviously not Gary but I'm pretty sure the only difference is the size and where they are commonly positioned. A Marquis dealer told me that Marquis doesn't believe in rotating jets, pulsating jets, etc. He said that most people think they want pulsating jets but after their purchase they realize don't enjoy them as much as they thought they would. He also stated that non-pulsating jets give a deeper, better massage than pulsating jets.

Hope it helps,

Kevin

Gary,

I'm obviously not Gary but I'm pretty sure the only difference is the size and where they are commonly positioned. A Marquis dealer told me that Marquis doesn't believe in rotating jets, pulsating jets, etc. He said that most people think they want pulsating jets but after their purchase they realize don't enjoy them as much as they thought they would. He also stated that non-pulsating jets give a deeper, better massage than pulsating jets.

Hope it helps,

Kevin

Kevin,

I would say it is up to the person to decide if they like rotating or pulsating jets better, but I think it is reasonable to say that for long term therapy benefits a constant stream of water at the right flow rate will provide better therapy benefits than moving jets do. I think its fair to say that moving jets feel good for the moment but since they do not get as deep into the muscle tissue than you will feel it less after you get of the spa. Much like a light touch to the back feels great but a deep massage works out more tension.

Gary,

Hope it helps,

Kevin

Kevin,

I would say it is up to the person to decide if they like rotating or pulsating jets better, but I think it is reasonable to say that for long term therapy benefits a constant stream of water at the right flow rate will provide better therapy benefits than moving jets do. I think its fair to say that moving jets feel good for the moment but since they do not get as deep into the muscle tissue than you will feel it less after you get of the spa. Much like a light touch to the back feels great but a deep massage works out more tension.

Well I'm a Marquis owner and I wish they had more of a variety of jets than just three. Maybe a seat with pulsating jets and for the times that you don't want that go to the seat with non-pulsating. The other thing I would change in Marquis is to get rid of what they call "tri-zone therapy". When I'm sitting in the adirondac seat I would like to have the jets on my back, legs and feet. My Epic doesn't allow this. When I'm in the deep therapy seat I would like to have the jets on my back and feet, my Epic doesn't allow this either. It's either one or the other. :( I had the chance to try out a Hot Spring Grandee this weekend and it felt much better than my Marquis (sorry Marquis). That's why from now on I tell people to WET TEST!

Hope it helps,

Kevin

Kevin I know this is hard to believe and being a spa sales person its hard to say....just because the person selling the product says what other customers have "felt" doesnt make it true...being a spa owner myself my favorite jets are the ones that move. They don't put those jets in because they want to be like sundance but dont have the engineering to do such.

No offense but by your comments you know nothing about Marquis. We could go back and fourth all day about circ pump or no circ pump but bottom line are thought is the more water you filter the easier time you will have with your water. We filter 3,600 gallons an hour compared to 420 gallons in a circ pump system.

Both ways can work when done correctly and potential customers should not let the different ways sway their purchasing decision.

99.9% of the time if someone is have water quality issue it is them causing the problem not the spa. All manufactures have people that have a hard time with the water and we all have people that think it is the greatest thing.

I think they should let it sway there decision...because circ pumps do create less wear on the main pump which is now being used for filtering, heating and jets. This is also a less efficent way to run a hot tub because of it...Marquis wasnt bought out that long ago and when they were they took the circ pump out. 3 main hot tubs are hot springs sundance and d1, all use circ pumps...but marquis does not. They also dont use pillows, or a wier system. Marquis sales people are always telling funny stories of what people do or don't like but really Marquis tries to reinvent the wheel to make themselves different and if the story is told by a strong enough sales person it will sell.

Gary,

The jets are rated in Gallons Per Minute (GPM) and all the adjustable jets have the option of a spinner type jet.

Gary

I think they should let it sway there decision...because circ pumps do create less wear on the main pump which is now being used for filtering, heating and jets. This is also a less efficient way to run a hot tub because of it...Marquis wasnt bought out that long ago and when they were they took the circ pump out. 3 main hot tubs are hot springs sundance and d1, all use circ pumps...but marquis does not. They also dont use pillows, or a wier system. Marquis sales people are always telling funny stories of what people do or don't like but really Marquis tries to reinvent the wheel to make themselves different and if the story is told by a strong enough sales person it will sell.

You really should only make rebuttals on items you know about and it is apparent spas are not that.

You state circ pump creates less wear on the main pump, I can say circ pump adds another part to the spa and all the manufacturers know the Laing 909 are one of the higher warranty items.

Less Efficient you say, at .10 cents a kilowatt hour a circ pump will cost approximately $4.50 a month the run, our filtering pump will cost about $4.50 a month the big difference being is in that month we filtered 720,000 gallons that month and the circ system filters 302,400 gallons. We filter more water for roughly the same money so who is more efficient?

Yes we were bought by the employees on 1999.

We offer pillows as an option, as no one warrants pillows past delivery we chose to be up front with customers so they have no misunderstanding that they are part of the spa warranty.

You say we do not use a weir system, do you even know what a weir is for, it is designed to help break the surface tension of the water to aid in filtering. If you look at our system we skim right at 60" of surface area most everyone else does 12".

You say we do not use a weir system, do you even know what a weir is for, it is designed to help break the surface tension of the water to aid in filtering. If you look at our system we skim right at 60" of surface area most everyone else does 12".

1) I was hesitant about non-weir systems myself until I looked at the PDF file for your filtering system. I'm obviously no expert, but it looks like a very well thought out system. I really like how the waterfall goes over the filters - I like waterfalls, but I'd hate to give up a seat space to get one, so combining the waterfall and the filters in one area is very useful (I know other manufacturers do this as well, I just wish more of them did). Anyway, I have I question about bromine - how do you adjust bromine levels with your cartridge system?

2) Thanks for your response about the jets - it's nice to know people have options. I could see how higher flow, lower pressure jets wouldn't get annoying like low flow, high pressure jets do. If the non-rotating HK jets are good but customers also have the option of rotating jets, that's a great system.

3) Are you in Oregon? If so, Ducks or Beavers?

Sorry for all the questions - there isn't a Marquis dealer in my area, so I don't have someone local to pester with inquiries.

I think they should let it sway there decision...because circ pumps do create less wear on the main pump which is now being used for filtering, heating and jets. This is also a less efficient way to run a hot tub because of it...Marquis wasnt bought out that long ago and when they were they took the circ pump out. 3 main hot tubs are hot springs sundance and d1, all use circ pumps...but marquis does not. They also dont use pillows, or a wier system. Marquis sales people are always telling funny stories of what people do or don't like but really Marquis tries to reinvent the wheel to make themselves different and if the story is told by a strong enough sales person it will sell.

You really should only make rebuttals on items you know about and it is apparent spas are not that.

You state circ pump creates less wear on the main pump, I can say circ pump adds another part to the spa and all the manufacturers know the Laing 909 are one of the higher warranty items.

Less Efficient you say, at .10 cents a kilowatt hour a circ pump will cost approximately $4.50 a month the run, our filtering pump will cost about $4.50 a month the big difference being is in that month we filtered 720,000 gallons that month and the circ system filters 302,400 gallons. We filter more water for roughly the same money so who is more efficient?

Yes we were bought by the employees on 1999.

We offer pillows as an option, as no one warrants pillows past delivery we chose to be up front with customers so they have no misunderstanding that they are part of the spa warranty.

Ummm... I thought you said that you are here "not to bad mouth anyone"? :rolleyes: As I posted earlier, our #1 pump is going out on our Epic. This is the 2nd Marquis spa that we have issues with the pump going out. The pump will be replaced because it's under warranty. What's going to happen when it's not? I would assume that a small circ pump is cheaper to replace vs a main/primary one. That's something I will have to research if we decide to keep the Epic for that long.

Thank you for the info on the the spinning jets. :D We will call our dealer to see to how to get those replaced as they have to come out anyway to replace the pump. Now if you can only get the seats to run the jets on the back, legs and feet at the same I would be really happy!

1) I was hesitant about non-weir systems myself until I looked at the PDF file for your filtering system. I'm obviously no expert, but it looks like a very well thought out system. I really like how the waterfall goes over the filters - I like waterfalls, but I'd hate to give up a seat space to get one, so combining the waterfall and the filters in one area is very useful (I know other manufacturers do this as well, I just wish more of them did). Anyway, I have I question about bromine - how do you adjust bromine levels with your cartridge system?

Never mind, I just found the "Owner's Club" part of the site.