Quality Brands Of Hot Tubs

hoopy

Not sure where your getting your weather data from Jim take a look at the Duluth News tribune and keep in mind that we can have a 20 degree difference in 10 miles because of lake Superior. We had -11 on Sunday night, -5 on Monday, 3 above on Tuesday morning and 21 above on Wednesday Morning. I could give a rip less how high up you are, you are in a moderate climate compared to here. That would be over 30 degree temp swing in 4 day lows. Could be 20 below next monday and 36 is predicted for Saturday with 8-10 inches of good clear solid ice on the lake to ice fish on. Andy has the same closed up ideas and vision that you have sold him on, it would not be benificial for me to take advice from anyone brainwashed by you. I can not help it if he is olny smart enough to take what you alone give him. I am way more open to numerous opinions and views of the facts than either him or you. But thanks for the offer.

The only thing your helping with by telling me your low temp is the people east and south of you. Our weather comes from a part of Canada where very few people live. Dry moderate weather comes from your way when it travels this way.

I'll back Roger up on this one. I live on the far north end of Lake Superior in Canada. The Lake has such an effect on the city that the temperature can be 15 degrees or more of a difference just from driving 5 minutes away from the lake. Weather forcasts are inaccurate, and even the meteorologists will tell you that Lake Superior is so unpredictable it can change the weather literally within minutes. This lake seldom warms up and acts as a giant "open door refrigerator" in the summer months, and can warm up the inland in the winter, but it can also help out storms which bring in severe cold temperatures in our region (i've seen -70C with the windchill here, and would imagine Roger has seen similar in Duluth, since he's only 3 or 4 hours away). Been nice though so far this year, huh Roger? We've been spoiled with the warmer weather (is -40F warmer? lol). Oh, btw, i've seen hydraulics freeze up on logging equipment, and cold so intense propane tanks froze up and could not be used.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOu guys are playing with fire here, telling Jim that he is mistaken about the weather. didn't you know that Jim has a degree in Metorlogy?

It's amazing that you can sit there, and not understand that the weather is what Jim says it is.

"It's Snowing out!"

"Ah, Jim, that's a bird"

"Idoits! All of you! Stupid Pigs It's Snow! What do you know of Snow?!?"

"well Jim, that "snowflake just pooped on your truck"

"It's a blizzard! Quick! To the Diat mobile before we all DIE!"

I'll back Roger up on this one. I live on the far north end of Lake Superior in Canada. The Lake has such an effect on the city that the temperature can be 15 degrees or more of a difference just from driving 5 minutes away from the lake. Weather forcasts are inaccurate, and even the meteorologists will tell you that Lake Superior is so unpredictable it can change the weather literally within minutes. This lake seldom warms up and acts as a giant "open door refrigerator" in the summer months, and can warm up the inland in the winter, but it can also help out storms which bring in severe cold temperatures in our region (i've seen -70C with the windchill here, and would imagine Roger has seen similar in Duluth, since he's only 3 or 4 hours away). Been nice though so far this year, huh Roger? We've been spoiled with the warmer weather (is -40F warmer? lol). Oh, btw, i've seen hydraulics freeze up on logging equipment, and cold so intense propane tanks froze up and could not be used.

All very very true Kahuna. And you are correct we are getting spoiled only a few snow storms and none that severe. And only a few days below 0 mostly 10 above at night and 20-30 during the day. But..........we will not get to used to it as we know don't count on the weather here it will change in a minute. Yes I also have seen hydraulics freeze and propane and deisel fuel, and I won't even tell you about my refrigerator in the garage...oooopsy. Do you work in the Logging industry there in Thunder Bay? I love that area...well inland a bit. BWCA....I go there to get away from cell service. Going to Snowbank Lake jan 4th for some Lake Trout. Hows the Ice doing I am an ice chicken....gota be 10-12 inches before I feel comfortable and I won't drive on it until it's 2 feet or more, gona make it?

All very very true Kahuna. And you are correct we are getting spoiled only a few snow storms and none that severe. And only a few days below 0 mostly 10 above at night and 20-30 during the day. But..........we will not get to used to it as we know don't count on the weather here it will change in a minute. Yes I also have seen hydraulics freeze and propane and deisel fuel, and I won't even tell you about my refrigerator in the garage...oooopsy. Do you work in the Logging industry there in Thunder Bay? I love that area...well inland a bit. BWCA....I go there to get away from cell service. Going to Snowbank Lake jan 4th for some Lake Trout. Hows the Ice doing I am an ice chicken....gota be 10-12 inches before I feel comfortable and I won't drive on it until it's 2 feet or more, gona make it?

Top 10 Coldest Cities in the lower 48 states

Oh yeah! Well we may not be as cold here in Oklahoma as you Northern Guys But we have more Ragweed to flair up Alergies....

There, We offially went off topic.

Hoopy I must commend you. You do seem to be going with the flow on this pretty well.

There, We offially went off topic.

Hoopy I must commend you. You do seem to be going with the flow on this pretty well.

Hoppy will fit right in here on this forum. I think in 2 threads he knows everything there is to know about hot tubs. Have you decided yet? 11 pages maybe start another one.

Full foam is not a good thing. It is a way to save money in manufacturing and that is about all.

We sell a superior sound system for 875.00 We have had customers come and hear our system, change their minds on a sound system, after they hear the fidelity. When the put transducers in the water it is not good fidelity and it will probably cause ailments in people from having their organs bombarded with sound waves in the water. It has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard of to use powerful transducers in water to make sound.

SHUT UP

YOu guys are playing with fire here, telling Jim that he is mistaken about the weather. didn't you know that Jim has a degree in Metorlogy?

It's amazing that you can sit there, and not understand that the weather is what Jim says it is.

"It's Snowing out!"

"Ah, Jim, that's a bird"

"Idoits! All of you! Stupid Pigs It's Snow! What do you know of Snow?!?"

"well Jim, that "snowflake just pooped on your truck"

"It's a blizzard! Quick! To the Diat mobile before we all DIE!"

BRAVO, ENCORE, ENCORE!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:( Why is everyone so mean to Jim the Jim? What has he ever done to you guys? I think he is a kind, good natured human being who will take the short end of the stick if it comes to it. After all, look at his picture and tell me he's not the most honest looking guy you could buy a hot tub from. Here's to you hot tub selling Jim. Sell your Havens and grab a cold one. :rolleyes:

Full foam is not a good thing. It is a way to save money in manufacturing and that is about all.

We sell a superior sound system for 875.00 We have had customers come and hear our system, change their minds on a sound system, after they hear the fidelity. When the put transducers in the water it is not good fidelity and it will probably cause ailments in people from having their organs bombarded with sound waves in the water. It has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard of to use powerful transducers in water to make sound.

HAHAHHAHHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHA! AILMENTS!!!!! HAHAHAHAHHA! WHAT A LINE OF CRAP!!! NEXT YOU WILL PROBABLY SAY FULL FOAM IS BAD INSULATION< OH WAIT!! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA AILMENTS!! GOOD ONE JIM VERY FUNNY! I CANT STOP SHOUTING AND LAUGHING AT THIS STATEMENT!

:( Why is everyone so mean to Jim the Jim? What has he ever done to you guys? I think he is a kind, good natured human being who will take the short end of the stick if it comes to it. After all, look at his picture and tell me he's not the most honest looking guy you could buy a hot tub from. Here's to you hot tub selling Jim. Sell your Havens and grab a cold one. :rolleyes:

Personally, I am not out to get Jim. I agree with some of his beliefs about FF vs TP, but that is only my personal opinion as I am not an expert. I do have some disagreements with him (IE: transducers in water), but again, that is a personal opinion, based on some research. I have noticed Jim honestly helping out others (in the chemical section) as well as in this forum. I've only just purchased a spa recently and have been learning a lot from reading these forums, and must admit it is kind of comical how everyone argues, especially with Jim (even myself). The arguments are good though, we find out a lot of truths if we filter through them on both sides of the dispute. There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable persons on this board that are contributing, and i am finding this great. I just like to put my 2 cents in occasionally when i feel i can help out, mostly in areas not involving spas directly as i am new and learning each day (electronics i know, especially stereos, although i'm a little outdated as of late on this end but most of what i know still applies). And of course, like most, i love a good dispute :) I must admit, Jim, it's good to see you believe in your product so much you constantly argue, that's a good thing, but (please take this constructively) it does seem as though you are overbearing a lot of the time, which we all can be. I do praise you for your honest help in the forum, along with others who have given myself and many more novice people good, helping advice.

Roger: No, i'm not in the logging industry, just spend A LOT of time in the bush, and a lot of my friends, family, etc are in the forestry industry (one of the largest industries here, pulp and paper, along with shipping support this city as you well know). I chose to go another route instead of working at a paper mill or logging. I haven't heard much about the ice conditions, locally it is not very safe as warnings were just issued in the paper about how thin the ice was. It may be different outside of town, but should be fine by January (when i start my ice fishing, mostly walleye). Never heard of Snowbank lake, i have heard of "Falling Snow" lake, closer to the border, and actually been diving in it, lots of lake trout there, deep and cold. If i hear anything i'll post you a pm on ice conditions.

I've only just purchased a spa recently and have been learning a lot from reading these forums, and must admit it is kind of comical how everyone argues, especially with Jim (even myself). The arguments are good though, we find out a lot of truths if we filter through them on both sides of the dispute. There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable persons on this board that are contributing, and i am finding this great.

This is the only site that Jim is allowed to post to (other than his own) due to his deplorable/dishonest actions in the past. Coincidentally, this is about the only site where you see continual arguing. All of the spa sites have great info. Jim just doesn't know how to play properly with others and never last long before his action send him packing. Some day he'll go too far on this iste and get banshed from here too (yet agian I should say as he's only been allowed back here a short time ago and I think they did so just to draw in some traffic).

In my opinion as a casual reader of this site , you seem to be over embellishing.

You have no idea of Jim's history and you don't realize that he comes here to try to lure people over to his sales website. I just want to help the unsuspecting. Unlike him, I have nothing to sell. I just can't stand his lying and misrepresentations. You can't embelish stories like these:

The truth

that is a personal opinion,

If i hear anything i'll post you a pm on ice conditions.

Your opinion, like everyones here is valuble to me, Kahuna. Even Jim's opinion is valuble to me. I just do not take lightly to anyone shovin theres down my throat and masking there actions by stateing this is the way it is, not an opinion. I can see through any sales pitch including Jims. Yet he hates me for that. But to me I could care less if he likes me or not because his little speck of life is to far removed from me for it to even matter slightly, in my life, ever. Yet I still respect his "opinion" as I do everyones.

One day he may respect other's opinions and it WILL make him a better person but it may be to late. Or he may not care what others think, and this will not matter to me or anyone here, or anywhere. He is allowed his own life to run as he pleases, but.....so are we.

Your opinion, like everyones here is valuble to me, Kahuna. Even Jim's opinion is valuble to me. I just do not take lightly to anyone shovin theres down my throat and masking there actions by stateing this is the way it is, not an opinion. I can see through any sales pitch including Jims. Yet he hates me for that. But to me I could care less if he likes me or not because his little speck of life is to far removed from me for it to even matter slightly, in my life, ever. Yet I still respect his "opinion" as I do everyones.

One day he may respect other's opinions and it WILL make him a better person but it may be to late. Or he may not care what others think, and this will not matter to me or anyone here, or anywhere. He is allowed his own life to run as he pleases, but.....so are we.

Roger, there is nothing wrong with me. I have a right to speak my mind and tell the truth. What makes you think you are superior in anyway to me? I certainly don't think I am superior to anything. If anthing I have learned from God, is that I am a speck of dust on the sky of infinity.

Roger, there is nothing wrong with me. I have a right to speak my mind and tell the truth. What makes you think you are superior in anyway to me? I certainly don't think I am superior to anything. If anthing I have learned from God, is that I am a speck of dust on the sky of infinity.

SHUT UP

What I have discovered is that their are a lot of really mean, nasty, people on message forums. I don't find the same people in the spa industry that I know. Most of the guys in Denver are really good people who work hard for a living. I think that discussing spa engineering has ill effects on people in the industry. Anything that is progressive or uses real thought or any concern or care on a personal level for educating consumers is considered just bad by these guys. Sometimes I actually feel sorry for them, as right now.

How shallow is it to attack another man's character over a discussion of hot tubs. You will never read any real discussion on spa design from them, only an attack on anyone who differ's from their pet beliefs.

This is my last day on this board.

Lets disect this Jimbo. I never said there was anything wrong with you, your people skills are terrible though and you are very condesending and arrogent.

Yes you have the right to speak your mind and if you want to call it truth you can, but we also have the right to call it what we want and if we feel it is not truth as you see it, it does not making any less true.

I have never ever said I was superior to you, however I have the right to do so and feel so if I care to.

I have not learned from god so I can't comment on your last statement. I do know that I to am a speck of dust in the time clock of life.

This is my last day on this board.

I dout it. But it may be a good thing for your image.

You have no idea of Jim's history and you don't realize that he comes here to try to lure people over to his sales website. I just want to help the unsuspecting. Unlike him, I have nothing to sell. I just can't stand his lying and misrepresentations. You can't embelish stories like these:

The truth

After coming to this board to learn more on the subject of spas and enter into a fair discussion on methods of spa maintenance and repair, I have found this board quite disappointing. I had looked forward to reading many questions and replies in an open debate forum that might advance my knowledge base. What I found here though is a motley crew of competing spa professionals who act like freaking babies. It is my observation that you and a handful of others with relations to this industry seem to be highly emotionally charged about any and all statements made by one poster, Jim.

Meanwhile you hide behind the name "spatech (the unreal one)," which implies what exactly? Unlike many professionals who post on message boards relating to their industry, you guys are not honest with us readers as to who you actually are, your relationship to what specific spa company is or what other credentials you have. I understand that is not a requirement, but it certainly would give a resemblence to your information as being reliable. By comparison, I see that Jim has posted his name/hometown and a even a personal photo in his avatar which to me speaks volumes as to his credibility. Although I may not agree fully with his ideas, his opinion I found to be noteworthy as he is honest about himself first. Now that he has unfortunately left, hopefully another REAL Spa Professional can step in and fill his vacancy.

I am in the market now for a hot tub/spa (these are interchangeable correct?) I have looked at Hot Springs and Marquis brands so far. My price range is no higher than $6300 and there are a few models from both the above mentioned brands that fit this price range. My questions are pretty simple. Is one of the above brands better than the other? Are there other brands I should look for in my area? I am looking for a 5 or 6 seater and I know I still need to wet-test in order to see if the lounger will work for me or not.

One other thing, when talking with salesman. Can you haggle with them for accessories, like cd player and other things like that or are hot tubs a no-haggle business? Thanks.

ha ha ha ha ha

did anyone EVER actually answer the original question?

" Is one of the above brands better than the other?"

Better in what way? Probably not though.

"Are there other brands I should look for in my area?"

Well......... umm, we don't know you're "area" (you ommited that part) or what might be available to you locally.

"One other thing, when talking with salesman. Can you haggle with them for accessories, like cd player and other things"

EVERYTHING in the world is negotiable........... worse case, they say "no".