Is Hydrospa Bankrupt?

hottubrepair

Yes and no.

They did declare bk, and then somebody bought the remains. That person turned out to be the previous owner - please correct me if I'm wrong - so now they own the equipment, the right to produce, but not the warranty obligations.

Did I do ok?

B)

I thought I heard somewhere it was the previous owners brother.

BTW, "another" website that rates spas recently added them back to their "list" of 5 star ratings. Their new website calls them Hydro Spa Products by Premium Leisure LLC

Yes and no.

They did declare bk, and then somebody bought the remains. That person turned out to be the previous owner - please correct me if I'm wrong - so now they own the equipment, the right to produce, but not the warranty obligations.

Did I do ok?

B)

Let me correct you then nicely. no one is without warranty

Yes and no.

Did I do ok?

B)

I have seen that posted before - I think quite possibly by yourself - but could you kindly provide some sort of proof? The terms of the buy out which were published in Pool and Spa News said the equipment and rights only.

I have seen posts - admittedly uncoroborated - which stated that Costco and/or a local dealer were helping with warranty, but as nice as that is, it does not contradict my statement.

B)

Yes and no.

Did I do ok?

B)

I have seen that posted before - I think quite possibly by yourself - but could you kindly provide some sort of proof? The terms of the buy out which were published in Pool and Spa News said the equipment and rights only.

I have seen posts - admittedly uncoroborated - which stated that Costco and/or a local dealer were helping with warranty, but as nice as that is, it does not contradict my statement.

B)

If you check there website you can either call yourself or email them. I know for a fact my warranty in in fact in tact and non altered, you are the one that is asserting otherwise.

If you check there website you can either call yourself or email them. I know for a fact my warranty in in fact in tact and non altered, you are the one that is asserting otherwise.

You mean, me, Pool and Spa News, people who have posted saying they can't get a return phone call, and Bloomberg, which posted this:

Hydro Spa Parts & Accessories Inc., the hot tub maker that filed under Chapter 11 in September, will sell its assets at a Nov. 9 auction, immediately before a hearing to approve the sale. The auction procedures established by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Tampa, Florida, say the minimum bid is $2.5 million and must be submitted by Nov. 7. The company previously said debt totals $13.6 million, including $3 million in secured claims. The St. Petersburg, Florida-based company explained how the bankruptcy resulted from the fall in home building and the cancellation of a major order by Costco Wholesale Corp. The case is In re Hydro Spa Parts & Accessories Inc., No. 07-08616, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District Florida (Tampa).

Sorry, but I think the facts are not in dispute. Again, I will say that some have posted testifying that their dealer or even Costco have helped them with warranty issues. That's fine. But once again, it does not contradict my statement.

B)

Those that bought from Costco still have a warranty. Costco realized it would be cheaper for them to take care of the warranty rather than give full refunds under the terms of their policies. People that bought from a dealer (there weren't many), have no warranty no mo.

can you verify that the warranty is not in place for owners? no where in the bankruptcy stats you gave states that they will not honor a warranty claim?

Look, I'm sorry this seems to be some sort of personal thing for you - I assure you it is not. I am familiar with BK law, and I am familiar with the English language. The Bloomberg article is very clear in what was sold.

Costco is going out of their way to help their customers, but it is not HydroSpa. The dealers have to make a tough choice - help their customers on their own dime, or simply say no.

Perhaps you could offer some sort of proof of your claims? And the HydroSpa web site would not be a good place to point us - it says nothing about people who purchased before the BK. In fact, I didn't see any mention of the newly formed company at all.

B)

Those that bought from Costco still have a warranty. Costco realized it would be cheaper for them to take care of the warranty rather than give full refunds under the terms of their policies. People that bought from a dealer (there weren't many), have no warranty no mo.

The warranties on the Costco tubs are being handled by Infinity. If you call the hydro spa service number - 800-749-8003 (Which now says "Thank you for calling Premium Leisure service), the menu directs Costco tub owners (platinum 1, 2 or legend) to call 800-460-7798 (Infinity)

I bought mine at Costco. So, I'm OK.

Although, it still works quite well.

Glad to hear it. Hope it gives you years of good service - that's what this is all about.

B)

Chas, I get the same feeling as you do. I think this is a personal issue with soakerman. He might be hearing you but I don't think he's "Listening" to you for some reason.

Soaker is probably Hydrospa employee/owner who shows up here using a handle.

After all the problems we had at the outset, our PEII spa works fine after almost two years but the cover is starting to fall apart. Are covers supposed to last very long? Ultimately I am happy with the way Costco handled the problems because if it had not been for their involvement, I'm fairly certain sure Hydrospa would have done little for us.

Is Costco still carrying Hydrospa or did they drop it?

Ok folks, let me shed some light here. This will be a little less formal of and more spur of the moment introduction then I had intended to make, and may get a little long, so please bare with.

With regards to the bankruptcy:

Hydro Spa did file a Chapter 11 bankruptcy in September, thats not news. In November Hydro Spa began the liquidation process and the assets were purchased by Premium Leisure LLC. This was not a stock purchase or merger, only the assets of the company were purchased. Hydro Spa as a company does still exist, for the time being, but is no longer a producing entity. Hydro Spa's liabilities are still being handled through the court system and bankruptcy process.

Warranty status:

The warranty issue is a little more complex then most likely realize. While technically not responsible in any form for the existing Hydro Spa warranty, there was still a good deal of focus in the early days of Premium Leisure to build programs and get them put in place to help existing dealers and customers alike. Some progress was made, and limited coverage with existing dealers was beginning to take form. The snag in the plan and twist nobody seems to have considered? A good deal of the major manufacturers/suppliers of the various spa components themselves have made the decision to not act. While much focus is being placed on the new start-up company, Premium Leisure, it needs known that these vendors themselves have chosen to leave our now mutual customers out in the cold. While not here to sling mud and point fingers, many of these "major" manufacturers could easily allow Premium Leisure to act as an agent for warranty exchange, but have chosen not to. To that end, Premium Leisures assistance to Hydro Spa customers has to end at our technical support team or dealer level.

That said, there are indeed a handful of customers who are caught out on this whole process and change over. There are a few dealers who have severed their relationship with Hydro Spa over this process, naturally, but also unfortunately to the customers they personally sold to. They coupled with the parts suppliers that will not act have greatly hindered our efforts to offer any support system and ultimately led us to our current position. As much as we may wish to help in these few situations, we are somewhat limited by the above. We are able to offer technical support on existing product and will discount any needed parts to get the Hydro Spa units back in operation. I need to be clear here, Premium Leisure did not build or sell the Hydro Spa product, but will help as we are able.

The future:

Premium Leisure LLC has a completely different business philosophy and model from Hydro Spa. While we know we have some serious hurdles to overcome in establishing our company culture and building our industry name, thats our goal. It should please many members of this board to know that Premium Leisure is distancing itself from the mass-merchant arena and moving towards a traditional dealer base. Its sure to be a very exciting and interesting first year for us, but our goal is a quality product we are proud to put our name on. I can say from an internal point of view, the first words of every meeting are quality and we take this first tenant very seriously.

We are establishing a network of dealers, warranty stations, and sales manager's who will be the first line of assurance for our new customers. These dealers will be backed by a new company who is serious about making a quality spa. We welcome feedback from our customers and dealers moving forward and will definitely pay mind to suggestions made. We know that its going to take time to show the difference, but we are in this for the long haul. We strive for continuous improvement of both our product and procedure.

Who I am:

It is important that there is a distinction made, despite the personal feelings out there, that we are a new and separate entity from Hydro Spa. While we now own the phone numbers, trade marks, molds, etc, thus giving the appearance that nothing has changed that could not be further from what is actually happening. As these changes are internal, its difficult for the outside world to see, and thats where I come in. My name is Alan Vasicek, I currently manage operations of the Premium Leisure support teams and quality assurance areas.

I will be happy to personally speak with anyone regarding these matters, as time permits. Please feel free to leave a private message, email, or call direct. While we currently do not have the intent to be a policing or constant presence on these boards I do want it known and available that my line is always open. I will do my part to keep the facts straight.

Thank you for your time and patience through this post.

Alan Vasicek

1-877.237.8772 x 227 or alan.vasicek @ premiumleisure . com

Who I am:

It is important that there is a distinction made, despite the personal feelings out there, that we are a new and separate entity from Hydro Spa. While we now own the phone numbers, trade marks, molds, etc, thus giving the appearance that nothing has changed that could not be further from what is actually happening. As these changes are internal, its difficult for the outside world to see, and thats where I come in. My name is Alan Vasicek, I currently manage operations of the Premium Leisure support teams and quality assurance areas.

I will be happy to personally speak with anyone regarding these matters, as time permits. Please feel free to leave a private message, email, or call direct. While we currently do not have the intent to be a policing or constant presence on these boards I do want it known and available that my line is always open. I will do my part to keep the facts straight.

Thank you for your time and patience through this post.

Alan Vasicek

So you are not part of Infinity, which now owns Keys too....

The future:

Premium Leisure LLC has a completely different business philosophy and model from Hydro Spa. ... It should please many members of this board to know that Premium Leisure is distancing itself from the mass-merchant arena and moving towards a traditional dealer base.

Alan Vasicek

I guess that kinda sums it up. Thanks Alan. Getting out of the mass merchant market will help hugely to reduce your warranty issues as you don't have to meet that "price point" with lessor compononts. Good move.

With regards to "A good deal of the major manufacturers/suppliers of the various spa components themselves have made the decision to not act. " would it be fair to say that these are companies that Hydro owed monies to, and these debts were dismissed in bankruptcy court? e.g. the parts that "failed" under warranty were never paid for by Hydro Spas.

And yes, while I believe a large number of posts have been deleted from this thread, it hasn't (yet) gotten out of hand to the point of needing to close it. This type of thing is at the SOLE DESCRESSION of the moderators of the board.

With regards to "A good deal of the major manufacturers/suppliers of the various spa components themselves have made the decision to not act. " would it be fair to say that these are companies that Hydro owed monies to, and these debts were dismissed in bankruptcy court? e.g. the parts that "failed" under warranty were never paid for by Hydro Spas.

That was my exact thought. I would be bitter as well if one company filed then opened up another company while being owned by the same family and expect warranty co-operation.

Thanks Alan for posting but you really expect most of us to believe that there will be huge changes since Premium is owned by the Wiley's which have been doing it the same way for so long then all of a sudden completely change things. I dont see it but hey if so thats another step to removing part of the bad in the industry.

Nothing I say or do on this board is intended to change anyones mind. Im a relatively new account, limited posts, and you dont know me from Adam, but I am not campaigning here either. Im just laying out the facts as I know them to help curb/satisfy the rumor mill running rampant. I am here to help as I can and nothing more. Time will tell the tale of Premium Leisure and I will help them, you, and anyone else in anyway I am able. I am not in sales, I am in service and quality and thats what we aim to do best moving forward. There are a good deal of customers, dealers, and even service companies out there with a bad taste in their mouth right now and I may be able to help. Where I differ from the random anon. poster is that I am laying out who I am, and how to get in touch. I welcome the contact, questions, comments and feedback and isnt that a little different already? Its a confusing issue, I know, believe me it hasnt been any easier on my end =). Just know I am here if needed and thats good enough for me for the time being.

Doc,

I hate when you beat me to a point but I have to comment anyway!!!

So he's trying to say that the suppliers who are owed money they will never see are not willing to join in to help Hydro's customers? Give me a break!! Why should Waterway, Balboa or any others who are taking it in the shorts be responsible for Hydro's customers and lay out even more $$ they'll never see because Hydro went BK. That is insane to even suggest that they should be jumping in there!!!!

Why should Waterway, Balboa or any others who are taking it in the shorts be responsible for Hydro's customers nd lay out even more $ tehy'll never see because Hydro went BK.

I couldn't agree more.

Now, if Costco is indeed going to help out with warranty on some of these tubs, I say good for them. That is great customer care on the part of Costco.

B)