Costco Steps Up To The Plate!

soakerman

Remember when the Arctic dealership went under in Texas if memory serves? The whole company let the customers alone quite a while to figure it all out as to service and warranty claims.

Texas? Must have been before my time. There was one in VA more recently that you may be thinking of. There is now a new dealer in the area to take care of those customers. We do have a process in place for caring for customers in the interim after a store closure, and are working to make it more effective and more responsive.

Remember when the Arctic dealership went under in Texas if memory serves? The whole company let the customers alone quite a while to figure it all out as to service and warranty claims.

Texas? Must have been before my time. There was one in VA more recently that you may be thinking of. There is now a new dealer in the area to take care of those customers. We do have a process in place for caring for customers in the interim after a store closure, and are working to make it more effective and more responsive.

Thanks, I couldnt remember for sure. My point was not one Costco Customer was without coverage for one minute.

Did you see an article about it or did you call them? It would be helpful if you could post the link to the information or give the phone # you called and who you spoke to. I'm sure other hydrospa owners would find that quite helpful.

I Got the number from Costco.com and I spoke directly with a manager that overseas the purchaseing and sales dept.

Please share the Phone number. I can't seem to get a response from Costco regarding the status of these tubs.

Wonder why he won't just share the number?

Don't know the man's motivation. Probably not with Costco though because he makes them look bad by not sharing a number that many ordinary consumers would like to know. I think Costco would be smart in who they hire if they went to the trouble of putting a plant on this boards.

DUDE (in my best surfer imitation)! If the spas are returned to them (costco), and they refund the customer their FULL purchase price (which they're legally obligated to do under their own warranty), who do you think is out the cost of the spa? Not the customer, not bankrupt hydro spas... So, what will cost costco LESS money, refunding the cost of the spa? or paying for the warranty work?

I'm not sure why Soaker can't grasp that? It's very basic... :wacko:

They didn't "step up to the plate"...they were thrust into this situation and honestly, I don't feel sorry for them and their decision to sell glorified horse troughs. It's a cost of doing business for them based on their return policy only. They took this one on the chin in a big way but not as big if they had to write a plethora of cheques for returned spas!

If you owned Costco Soaker...what would your choice have been? :rolleyes:

You said you got the news from Costco Corp headquarters. We want that number, not a number to talk to somebody in India!!

Hi Spatech,

I didn't say that. Perhaps you're confusing me with Soakerman who stated:

I Got the number from Costco.com

Many are calling Soakerman out for not posting the number. He clearly indicated he got the number from Costco.com. I went to costco.com and got the number and then posted it here.

Do you have a Hydro Spa tub purchased from Costco and you can't get warranty service?

Ken

Hi Spatech,

I didn't say that. Perhaps you're confusing me with Soakerman who stated:

Right you are. Sorry about that; I did mix you two guys up. Soakerman said he got his info:

"Direct from Costco Corp. headquarters in Kirkland WA."

and now has repeatedly ignored requests to post the number where he got the info...very odd.

Look it up yourself. Everyones Costco near them has a diferent number.

That may be true, but according to you, you got the info from corporate HQ. Anyone who deals with corporate America knows that local stores and HQ are very different sources, so why shoot off your horn and then refuse to disclose the source. It might lead people to think you made it up, or perhaps were some kind of corporate shill.

Maybe even the NW come back to life.

• 2 weeks later...
I called costco today, (800)774-2678. The rep. provided me with this phone number for warranty coverage, (800)460-7798 Option 6. (Infinity)

I actually was directed to call Costco by the service department at HydroSpa today as I was calling to get a new blower under warranty. I knew they were in chapter 11 but felt I would give it a try first. HydroSpa will not release any parts without payment first. I have ordered filters etc from them since chapter 11 and have recieved them without issue.

I then called my local costco (Red Deer, AB, Canada) who gave me the Infinity number. I then talked to Dan at that phone number (note, waited on hold for 15 min's first). Dan said that he just found out today that they are taking over the warrenty for the tubs. I told him I needed the blower assembly and then he requested my Visa number. He said that it was only to hold the part until I send back the original part. I told him that HydoSpa would not release any parts until payment is made first and I asked Dan if his company was going to make the the payment and not use my visa. He said he did not know how it would work and he took my phone number and said he would call me by the end of the week to explain how the process would work. If he does that, I will post to this topic as an update.

At this point, I don't have my warranty part on order.

I do feel very comfortable that Costco will back the tub but, will they get the wrinkles out of the process prior to the warranty on the tub expiring.