Costco Infinity Spa - Feedback

headhunter

Hey everyone,

I logged on to share an update of my experience with my new Infinity spa from Costco and found the tread/topic had been locked. What happened?

Anyway, spa was delivered on Aug 8th, 29 days after the order was placed on July 10th. We rented a piano roller (helpful hint for others trying to move their spa) to move it from the driveway to the cement pad in the back yard. Took a couple of weeks, but the husband reviewed the installation instructions, talked with an electrician friend to verify, and wired it in himself. Tub was filled and running the last week in August and has been running just fine ever since. Holds the temperature steady, everything seems to work, the variety of jets and seating is awesome. We love it!

hottub.jpg

The process of posting pics-

1-go to www.photobucket.com and open a free account

2-upload the pictures you want to post

3-once your pics are uploaded there are codes underneath click on the IMG code

4-Right click copy of the code

5-click on reply to the topic your in on the forum and right click paste in the response.

6-click add reply and your done.

Tub was filled and running the last week in August and has been running just fine ever since. Holds the temperature steady, everything seems to work, the variety of jets and seating is awesome. We love it!

What a gorgeous natural setting! Congratulations. Live long and soak often.

PS: Watch out for the 'wolf' at the back left, he is coming to baptize your new tub!

Well, it appears that Costco is no longer selling the Sun Peak.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup....〈=en-US

Has anyone contacted Costco to inquire on the details?

Thanks

Tsand

I think they will stop selling hot tubs all togeher. to much of a pain when things go wrong.

Well it looks like the Sun Peak is gone from the US. It looks like it might be available on Costco.ca (canada).

However Costco looks like they have introduced 3 new major lines. The first is the "Pilates H2O" line up of three tubs (The Cobalt, Pearl and Platinum). The second is the Discovery line of three tubs (The Odyssey, Arcadia and 400 NLXE) and last is the Hot Springs "HighLife", which I think is one of the major brands that is normally sold by dealers.

I am new to the Spa world and almost purchased the Sun Peak this summer. I wonder if I should have jumped at the tub when it was on sale for $2999? There were major delays in getting my deck completed therefore I didn't want to buy the tub and have it sit in my garage for 2-3 months eating up my warranty period.

Time will tell if my inaction was a good or bad thing. I really wanted the tub because of my reseach on features, cost and value. On the other hand many on this forum don't like Costco selling tubs, don't like Infinity tubs and think that dealer purchased tubs is the only smart move.

In the end I wonder if Discovery, Pilates H2O and Hot Springs spas are reasonable products? They certainly are more expensive than the sale price of the Sun Peak (close to double). At costco.com the top of the line Discovery is $5699. The top Pilates H20 is $6999. The Hot Springs Highlife is $5699 (all prices include CURB delivery). At this price point and with these features is a dealer purchased spa now more cost effective? Or has Costco found feature/price/service equilibrium?

Thanks

Tsand

the Hot Springs "HighLife", which I think is one of the major brands that is normally sold by dealers.

Thanks

Tsand

Take a good look at this tub by Hot springs. its nothing like the ones you can get at the dealers.

Jacuzzi had a tub at sams.it was a joke.

the Hot Springs "HighLife", which I think is one of the major brands that is normally sold by dealers.

Thanks

Tsand

Take a good look at this tub by Hot springs. its nothing like the ones you can get at the dealers.

I'm sorry, are you saying that the Highlife is good or bad?

Thanks

tsand

Thanks

tsand

Look at hot spring tubs. then look at the high life. you tell me. i dont think you can say"good or bad" just lacking in features.

Thanks

Tsand

Thanks

tsand

2 completely different tubs. One comes with dealer backing and support, the other...well, buy one from Costco and see how fast your local Hot Springs dealer jumps when you need service. 110V only, one color, no options available, that are generaly negotiable at the dealer. No delivery or setup. But you will pay a bit more at the dealer if you need what they offer. Not a bad tub though with a Costco return policy.

Look at hot spring tubs. then look at the high life. you tell me. i dont think you can say"good or bad" just lacking in features.

Sorry to be dense, but I thought the HighLife is sold at Hot Springs Dealers? I read that the new Hot Spring Highlife model retains the design of the old Sovereign, but it is now three inches deeper, and has an additional jet pump.

It appears that a major spa dealer (Hot Springs) is selling a higher line spa at Costco.

Thanks

Tsand

[

Sorry to be dense, but I thought the HighLife is sold at Hot Springs Dealers? I read that the new Hot Spring Highlife model retains the design of the old Sovereign, but it is now three inches deeper, and has an additional jet pump.

It appears that a major spa dealer (Hot Springs) is selling a higher line spa at Costco.

Thanks

Tsand

You will need to wet test it first to see if its for you.

Well it looks like the Sun Peak is gone from the US. It looks like it might be available on Costco.ca (canada).

However Costco looks like they have introduced 3 new major lines. The first is the "Pilates H2O" line up of three tubs (The Cobalt, Pearl and Platinum). The second is the Discovery line of three tubs (The Odyssey, Arcadia and 400 NLXE) and last is the Hot Springs "HighLife", which I think is one of the major brands that is normally sold by dealers.

The names may be new, but the manufacturers have been around for a while. The "Discovery" brand is manufactured by Keys Backyard, who have been making tubs for big box stores for many years. The Pilates H20, as mentioned in other threads, is manufactured by Tatum Manufacturing - Tatum makes the Gulf Coast brands as well as "OEM" spas for Pilates H20, Freedom Spas, and others. New names, same brands.

Thanks

Tsand

I higher end manufacturer has made a product available for Costco, yes you are correct. But it has been configured for Costco base on a price point. It is not the same as the Soverign, which you could choose the shell and skirting color on and several other options. The Soveriegn also came from the dealer with a dealer backed warranty, delivery and set up, and several available options including 2 moto massage jets standered on the Soverign. If your asking if there are any manufacturing differences I can't answer that. They are about a grand or two less than that tub from a dealer. Part of that could be Costco margins but ya have to think some is in construction. Beats me. I think it is the best tub available from Costco.

Thanks

Tsand

I higher end manufacturer has made a product available for Costco, yes you are correct. But it has been configured for Costco base on a price point. It is not the same as the Soverign, which you could choose the shell and skirting color on and several other options. The Soveriegn also came from the dealer with a dealer backed warranty, delivery and set up, and several available options including 2 moto massage jets standered on the Soverign. If your asking if there are any manufacturing differences I can't answer that. They are about a grand or two less than that tub from a dealer. Part of that could be Costco margins but ya have to think some is in construction. Beats me. I think it is the best tub available from Costco.

Can anyone give me a ballpark difference between the Hot Springs Highlife, "Discovery" by Keys Backyard and the Pilates H20 by Tatum. It appears that Costco.com has the Hot Springs Highlife and Discovery Odyssey have the same price.

I have no idea if there's a new "Highlife" available from HS dealers, or what its features might be. However, if you're doing a straight-up comparison of the Costco Highlife and the HS Sovereign, here are a few differences:

1) Height - the length & width of the two models is the same, but the Highlife is allegedly 3" deeper. I believe that has more to do with the cabinet height than the actual water depth. The Sovereign is rated at 355 gallons, but the Highlife is rated at 365. A 10 gallon difference over an 80"x93" area is about a third of an inch, not three inches. So, they're basically the same in terms of water depth.

2) The Sovereign has the water feature.

3) The Sovereign comes standard as 230V, and includes the subpanel. The Highlife comes as 110V, & there's an additional charge to upgrade to 220V. No mention of the subpanel from Costco.

4) The Sovereign comes standard with an ozonator. The Costco model does not mention an ozonator.

5) Most Hot Spring dealers sell the Sovereign with delivery included. The Costco model has curbside delivery.

6) The Hot Spring has bigger/more filters (120 sq. ft. vs. 90 sq. ft.)

7) And finally, what seems like the biggest difference to me: the pumps. The Costco model has the Wavemaster 7000 pump, rated for 1.65 HP. The Sovereign has the Wavemaster 9000 pump, rated at 2.5 HP. That's a pretty big difference, considering they have what seems to be the same jets. One would THINK that Hot Spring engineered that particular model (the Sovereign) to be properly powered with the 2.5 HP pump. I would imagine that the 1.65 HP version feels quite underpowered in comparison.

I'm not sure how much the Sovereign sells for at most Hot Spring dealers. Roger mentioned "a grand or two". If I could go to an actual dealer and pick out my own colors too, and wet test the model to make sure I want it, I could see paying a grand or two more for the Sovereign.

Well, I must add my 2 cents after reading all the posts re: Costco's Infinity SunPeak. It appears that Infinity sells an identical model called the Dundee. I would bet that Costco contracted with Infinity to build a mass quantity of tubs and named them SunPeaks. The Dundee is listed on Infinity's site as costing $7000 plus. To be honest, it was the price that was attractive to us, we took a chance and we are happy with our SunPeak. I dont care what anyone says about them, until you actually have one there is no judging to be done. I thought we were all here to help each other!!

I'm not sure how much the Sovereign sells for at most Hot Spring dealers. Roger mentioned "a grand or two". If I could go to an actual dealer and pick out my own colors too, and wet test the model to make sure I want it, I could see paying a grand or two more for the Sovereign.

Around my area all the dealers have tubs a grand or two more than the box stores. Sundance, Marquis, Hot Springs, Dimension One, Beachcomber. they are all a couple grand more than the box stores around here (we have Home Depot and Sams Club that sell tubs) There are some at dealers that are 3-4 grand more also but the comparision of the dealer tubs to the box store tubs is pretty easy to see the differences, besides dealer backing and set up delivery. I am not against box store tubs, they are a major part of my business as an independent. And most of the owners do see the differences but know that going in, and understand and are willing to make the comprimises to save the dough. However there are a few who seem to think it should last as long as stay as nice as there neighbors Marquis after a few years, and when it doesn't they can't figure out why.

I have no idea if there's a new "Highlife" available from HS dealers, or what its features might be. However, if you're doing a straight-up comparison of the Costco Highlife and the HS Sovereign, here are a few differences:

1) Height - the length & width of the two models is the same, but the Highlife is allegedly 3" deeper. I believe that has more to do with the cabinet height than the actual water depth. The Sovereign is rated at 355 gallons, but the Highlife is rated at 365. A 10 gallon difference over an 80"x93" area is about a third of an inch, not three inches. So, they're basically the same in terms of water depth.

2) The Sovereign has the water feature.

3) The Sovereign comes standard as 230V, and includes the subpanel. The Highlife comes as 110V, & there's an additional charge to upgrade to 220V. No mention of the subpanel from Costco.

4) The Sovereign comes standard with an ozonator. The Costco model does not mention an ozonator.

5) Most Hot Spring dealers sell the Sovereign with delivery included. The Costco model has curbside delivery.

6) The Hot Spring has bigger/more filters (120 sq. ft. vs. 90 sq. ft.)

7) And finally, what seems like the biggest difference to me: the pumps. The Costco model has the Wavemaster 7000 pump, rated for 1.65 HP. The Sovereign has the Wavemaster 9000 pump, rated at 2.5 HP. That's a pretty big difference, considering they have what seems to be the same jets. One would THINK that Hot Spring engineered that particular model (the Sovereign) to be properly powered with the 2.5 HP pump. I would imagine that the 1.65 HP version feels quite underpowered in comparison.

After a few minutes review of the Hot Springs website, I think the better comparison with the HighLife is to the PRODIGY.

They seem to have a more similar set up as reviewed by D.P. Roberts above

Well, I must add my 2 cents after reading all the posts re: Costco's Infinity SunPeak. It appears that Infinity sells an identical model called the Dundee. I would bet that Costco contracted with Infinity to build a mass quantity of tubs and named them SunPeaks. The Dundee is listed on Infinity's site as costing $7000 plus. To be honest, it was the price that was attractive to us, we took a chance and we are happy with our SunPeak. I dont care what anyone says about them, until you actually have one there is no judging to be done. I thought we were all here to help each other!!

I mailed Costco about the Sun Peak here my question and their reply:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--Original Message--

Date: 10/3/2007 10:06:30 PM

To: whproducts@costco.com

Subject: Costco.com Product Information

Note this message was submitted through the costco.com web site customer suggestion page on 10/3/2007 12:00:00 AM at 22:05:53.9737710.

=========================================================

Comment/Suggestion/Request/Question Text:

It appears that Costco is no loger selling item #11227141

which is the infinity Sun Peak spa. Will Costco offer this product in the future?

=========================================================

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail to Costco Wholesale.

The items on costco.com, including promotional offers, are limited to supplies on hand and we are unable to guarantee availability. Costco.com purchases in bulk quantities to get the best price for our customers, and our buyers try to negotiate additional inventory whenever an item is sold out. At times we are unable to replenish our inventory. Our inventory on Costco.com is live and when additional inventory is available it is back online within minutes. We encourage you to check the site frequently for availability of this item as well as other new and exciting merchandise that is added each day. We value your business and thank you for shopping costco.com!

Thank you,

Costco Wholesale Corporation

customerservice@costco.com

I e-mailed them as well, and got this reply:

"Thank you for your e-mail to Costco Wholesale.

You are inquiring regarding an item that is not available online, we are out of stock on this item. We unfortunately have no estimated time of arrival for this specific product.

The items on costco.com, including promotional offers, are limited to supplies on hand..."

So, basically the same form letter as tsand, but it doesn't specifically state that they're not getting any more.