Hydro Spa After 1 Year

Brent Hamm

Roger, Getting the thread is unnecessary. You acknowledged your mistake and apoligized. (with a little prodding) :D

Well I went and got it anyway and if I needed to apoligize I would of, but I didn't. So I guess your assumption that I said jet pump was just that, an assumption. So maybe you would be the one who would need to apoligize. But that's OK none needed.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roger, Getting the thread is unnecessary. You acknowledged your mistake and apoligized. (with a little prodding) :D

Well I went and got it anyway and if I needed to apoligize I would of, but I didn't. So I guess your assumption that I said jet pump was just that, an assumption. So maybe you would be the one who would need to apoligize. But that's OK none needed.

Roger, I don't see where you went and got anything, so here's the link for all too see. They'll be the Judge. see below:

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...art=#entry36816

You can apologize later :lol::lol:

First I said...........I like that 180 coming right outa the pump, hope that pump last more than a few years.

Then ST said........It is commonly understood that you want to reduce the number of 90º elbows on the pressure side of the pump whenever possible and instead use 45s. Sometimes that is just unavoidable so you will see 90s at times . However, any time you see someone using a 180º fitting that tells me that plumbing design was an afterthought and they are jamming things together. That is terrible for flow characteristics (an example of why its not just about HP but also about plumbing design) and terrible for the pump. That plumbing design should have been thrown in the garbage and redesigned but this is something cobbled together; efficiency and pump life is not something they seem to care about.

Still no mention of a jet pump or circ pump!!!!!

Then Soakerman said..........If that spa is like mine and it is. that is only a 1/15 hp circ pump you guys are worried about. Not much pressure there I would imagine?

Which is, as stated irrelavent because we didn't say anything about pressure just a poor design.

Then I said.........1/15 HP with 1 1/2 " plumbing....hmmmmmm, Looks like a jet pump to me.

Here I was assuming that it was a jet pump in the beginning even though I did not say that, I said it looked like a jet pump.

But jet pump or circ pump a 180 is a poor design. So what are you asking exactly?

Your apology would be excepted.

First I said...........I like that 180 coming right outa the pump, hope that pump last more than a few years.

Then ST said........It is commonly understood that you want to reduce the number of 90º elbows on the pressure side of the pump whenever possible and instead use 45s. Sometimes that is just unavoidable so you will see 90s at times . However, any time you see someone using a 180º fitting that tells me that plumbing design was an afterthought and they are jamming things together. That is terrible for flow characteristics (an example of why its not just about HP but also about plumbing design) and terrible for the pump. That plumbing design should have been thrown in the garbage and redesigned but this is something cobbled together; efficiency and pump life is not something they seem to care about.

Still no mention of a jet pump or circ pump!!!!!

Then Soakerman said..........If that spa is like mine and it is. that is only a 1/15 hp circ pump you guys are worried about. Not much pressure there I would imagine?

Which is, as stated irrelavent because we didn't say anything about pressure just a poor design.

Then I said.........1/15 HP with 1 1/2 " plumbing....hmmmmmm, Looks like a jet pump to me.

Here I was assuming that it was a jet pump in the beginning even though I did not say that, I said it looked like a jet pump.

But jet pump or circ pump a 180 is a poor design. So what are you asking exactly?

Your apology would be excepted.

I'm not asking you anything at this point. You're doing great in the integrity department all by yourself. Fortunately the link posted gave the entire thread, so I'm sure the readers will determine what you wrote and what you meant.

"Here I was assuming that it was a jet pump in the beginning even though I did not say that, I said it looked like a jet pump."

This explanation is laughable. :lol::lol::lol::lol: You sure your full time job isn't Politics? :rolleyes:

It Doesn't make sense to me that any reputable national manufacturer would distribute sub-standard parts to anyone. Companies like Lucite, GE, Balboa, etc. spend way too much money building up their reputations for making durable and reliabiliable products. I find it hard to believe that they would risk tarnishing that reputation by producing an inferior product. Just my 2 cents.

Companies like GE... I find it hard to believe that they would risk tarnishing that reputation by producing an inferior product. Just my 2 cents.

GE has all great products as well as awful products. They own NBC, which produces Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien... and Carson Daly. :rolleyes:

I thought we were talking about spas??

Companies like GE... I find it hard to believe that they would risk tarnishing that reputation by producing an inferior product. Just my 2 cents.

GE has all great products as well as awful products. They own NBC, which produces Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien... and Carson Daly. :rolleyes:

We are. Did you know that some of the so called "low End" tubs cabinet's are made by "EON Cabinets"? I also read that some of "Low End" tubs use acrylics from "Aristech Acrylics" who also supply major builders like Jacuzzi and Thermospa to name a few. B)

We are. Did you know that some of the so called "low End" tubs cabinet's are made by "EON Cabinets"? I also read that some of "Low End" tubs use acrylics from "Aristech Acrylics" who also supply major builders like Jacuzzi and Thermospa to name a few. B)

No I didn't know that. However my spa has small logo badge near the control panel that says "Lucite with microban"

No I didn't know that. However my spa has small logo badge near the control panel that says "Lucite with microban"

itsallgood, That's another company that sells their acrylics to many major tub builders. To be told that the "low End " tubs are some kind of junk products is a slap in the face to the companies that build them and the parts vendors that supply their material. Not to mention the American workers that do the hands on work.

I don't think it's a stretch to think that the "High End" tubs aren't better. I haven't read many if any post except NW where the poster debated a tub from the Big Box to be as good if not better then one purchased from a dealer. I've read several post of people like you and me who post their purchase or a question regarding their tub only to be shot down by some dealer, salesman or even a repairman

That's wrong, that some would willingly rain on another mans parade.

Sorry, after rereading, I didn't realize you were referring to the "skirting" when you replied. I thought you were referring to the shell.

itsallgood, That's another company that sells their acrylics to many major tub builders. To be told that the "low End " tubs are some kind of junk products is a slap in the face to the companies that build them and the parts vendors that supply their material. Not to mention the American workers that do the hands on work.

I don't think it's a stretch to think that the "High End" tubs aren't better. I haven't read many if any post except NW where the poster debated a tub from the Big Box to be as good if not better then one purchased from a dealer. I've read several post of people like you and me who post their purchase or a question regarding their tub only to be shot down by some dealer, salesman or even a repairman

That's wrong, that some would willingly rain on another mans parade.

I agree with you. I follow this forum to try to get factual information regarding how various spas compare to one another. If a "high end" spa is superior to a "low end" spa thats OK with me. I just want to know why.

I'm not asking you anything at this point. You're doing great in the integrity department all by yourself. Fortunately the link posted gave the entire thread, so I'm sure the readers will determine what you wrote and what you meant.

"Here I was assuming that it was a jet pump in the beginning even though I did not say that, I said it looked like a jet pump."

This explanation is laughable. :lol::lol::lol::lol: You sure your full time job isn't Politics? :rolleyes:

And I am not asking anything either, as you said I am sure the readers will see for them selfs. I also am sure they are utilizing the vast knowledge and information you are spewing with your very enlightening engrossment on a thread that at this point is meaningless.

Maybe if I say it one more time, "a 180 is poor engineering and design on a PUMP"...ahhhh never mind your doing a good enough job showing your knowledge. Your also showing the board your usefullness at.....well nothing.

No my full time job is a plumber, maybe that explains how I can see the poor design and you can't. While I focus on something that is clealy a crappy concept, your looking for, well I guess someone to place some blame on...hmmmm, speaking of politics!!

I am not sure you will see this post, cause my thread has ran away with more useless crap (see..did i say that would happen?)

The insulation addition i want to do will be more in the inside and not visible (Invisible?) from the outside. I opened up the 4 sides this summer to take a look around, and does not look too hard to do. Just need to figure out what is the right stuff to add.

Will borrow the meter again this winter and take some new measurements.

I am not sure you will see this post, cause my thread has ran away with more useless crap (see..did i say that would happen?)

The insulation addition i want to do will be more in the inside and not visible (Invisible?) from the outside. I opened up the 4 sides this summer to take a look around, and does not look too hard to do. Just need to figure out what is the right stuff to add.

Will borrow the meter again this winter and take some new measurements.

Brent Hamm, I came across a site that might be helpful to you. I'm not an expert but this product may offer you a solution. B)http://www.fomofoam.com/

There's a video demonstration that shows the application of the product. Pretty cool :D

And I am not asking anything either, as you said I am sure the readers will see for them selfs. I also am sure they are utilizing the vast knowledge and information you are spewing with your very enlightening engrossment on a thread that at this point is meaningless.

Maybe if I say it one more time, "a 180 is poor engineering and design on a PUMP"...ahhhh never mind your doing a good enough job showing your knowledge. Your also showing the board your usefullness at.....well nothing.

No my full time job is a plumber, maybe that explains how I can see the poor design and you can't. While I focus on something that is clealy a crappy concept, your looking for, well I guess someone to place some blame on...hmmmm, speaking of politics!!

Oh, OK Roger, what ever you say is fine. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hi Brent, if you have a Grainger in your area, they sell foam insulation kits. You could always go to their website. You should look at spray in insulation. You'll need the big kits. They are around 300 bucks. I believe I've heard people say that it will take atleast a couple of those kits, usually around $600 to $900 to add the insulation to an average tub. I was originally going to purchase a tub that wasn't full foam, so I started doing research. I ended up purchasing a full foam spa, so I didn't pursue it any farther. I hope this helps.

Brent Hamm, I came across a site that might be helpful to you. I'm not an expert but this product may offer you a solution. B)http://www.fomofoam.com/

There's a video demonstration that shows the application of the product. Pretty cool :D

Thats been out for a while :P i thinks its better to have the maker do it.

My spa has a silver layer, and behind that styrofoam sheets.

Will take a picture when the bloody rain stops!

'Brent Hamm' , I posted a link to a spray foam site on a previous post to show you how the fellow in the film sprayed a demo tub. I was also considering adding insulation, but I'll wait. The winters are very warm where I live and may not need too. :P I'm going to wait for my electric bill to determine the need. B)

The winters are very warm where I live and may not need too. :P I'm going to wait for my electric bill to determine the need. B)

Theres nothing like the walk to the tub in -20 degree weather :D

'104 Degrees', I think there's nothing like soaking in a hot tub at the hotel on South Beach!! :lol::lol: