Spa Wars

Bond

From dictionary.com

ar·ti·cle

-noun 1. a written composition in prose, usually nonfiction, on a specific topic, forming an independent part of a book or other publication, as a newspaper or magazine.

That is not an "article", that is just you, NW or someone similar just spreading their posts elsewhere on the internet hoping it will be accepted as an "article" so that it comes off as more than it is, a consumer wanting to justify their opinion and/or purchase.

There is nothing wrong with buying a Costco spa if that's what someone wants. Why do you guys persist in trying to convince the world it is the "RIGHT" spa to buy instead of what it is, the "right spa for you"?

Once I got to the section in the first paragraph that stated, "The problem seams to be that Costco is undermining what appears to be an almost 100% markup by the spa dealers." , the writer lost ALL credibilty and I knew reading more would be a waste of time.

People think that if they type it, it has more validity. This crap proves that isn't true at all.

If only they knew the "mark up" and saw what the owner of the store received "in pocket" after overhead costs were taken out.

After teaching spa retailers how to conduct a retail business, P&L and provide retail strategies for these companies for many years, it was clear that if a dealer wasn't selling 100 units or more per year, that it wasn't worth the cost of being in spa sales.

Very few people understand that if a spa is sold at $8000 and the cost was $5000 that the profit isn't $3000... Closer to a third of that and any spa business owner here will back me up 100%.

Steve

I believe the title of this should be only for the very slow or just plain stupid, what a total crock some guy wants to feel good about a spa he bought so writes his opinion and tries to pass it off as authoritative journalism. And the flat out irresponsibility to make a statement about 100% mark -ups what a sham it is the equivalent of saying because a BMW cost more than a KIA, BMW has a 100% mark-up. Forgive for being blunt but how is it that someone can simply be so truly uniformed and not have to be accountable.

You'll notice that the blogger "discovered" the difference between a hot tub and a spa. A "hot tub" has no jets, and a "spa" has jets. This proves that this isn't a random blogger, but obviously an industry insider who knows the truth. Shoppers are going to start flocking to this guy like kids to Phoebe from friends singing the "Smelly Cat" song (or is that reference too old)?

You'll notice that the blogger "discovered" the difference between a hot tub and a spa. A "hot tub" has no jets, and a "spa" has jets.

Well now see... this is why I continue to frequent spa forums... I learn something new everyday! :rolleyes::lol:

I need to make a WHOLE BUNCH of phone calls to all those people that I sold a hot tub to and tell them those aren't really jets...

Steve

After again reading what is being passed along as a supposed authoritative article is filled with so many assumptions and misinformation, Some dealers may sub out deliveries and service but many dealers handle both with their own staff. The person who wrote this must have come from from the Michael Moore school of unbiased and accurate school of reporting.

BTW, what happened to my snobbish and condescending remarks about this 'article'? I worked hard on those :angry:

My bad, I guess, but it looked like the topic was going to get out of hand too quickly (we like to have a thread stay on topic for at least one page. <_< )

There are still no comments on that blog page. I suggest that you make your remarks (as snobbish and condescending as you wish) as a comment to the blog post. It's HIS Spa Wars opinion, after all, so give him what-for.

Same for everybody else - why are we discussing it here? Go make your comments at the blog! Go, shoo, git!

My desk is piled high with papers and I am, like many of you, making a temporary escape to the forum. I wish you all a good weekend. I'll come back on Monday to see how high the flames got.... :unsure:

Lurking Member finally responds:

This sucks. I thought hot tubs were worth my time. These latest posts have convinced me that hot tubs are yet another example of American consumerism gone berserk. Categorize spas along with wide screen TV's and the War in Iraq. Shove it down my throat???

Shove it up your Arss!!!

humm interesting, now what sense does that make, what are you upset about, is it that you got a someone who is pretending to know what hes talking about but a 3 grader could quickly see that he has no clue. Or is it that he got called on his bogus "article". Or did you think you could get a KIA version of spa and wanted to think it was a Lexus.

This sucks. I thought hot tubs were worth my time. These latest posts have convinced me that hot tubs are yet another example of American consumerism gone berserk. Categorize spas along with wide screen TV's and the War in Iraq. Shove it down my throat???

Shove it up your Arss!!!

humm interesting, now what sense does that make, what are you upset about, is it that you got a someone who is pretending to know what hes talking about but a 3 grader could quickly see that he has no clue. Or is it that he got called on his bogus "article". Or did you think you could get a KIA version of spa and wanted to think it was a Lexus.

Don't want a Kia, don't want a Lexus, don't want a spa of any sort. Don't know what bogus "article" you are talking about (???). All spas are the same. Overpriced tubs of hot water.

PS. This forum was MUCH more entertaining before you all banished Jim Jim the Jimmy Jim (or whatever it is).

Shove it up your Arss!!!

Don't want a Kia, don't want a Lexus, don't want a spa of any sort. Don't know what bogus "article" you are talking about (???). All spas are the same. Overpriced tubs of hot water.

PS. This forum was MUCH more entertaining before you all banished Jim Jim the Jimmy Jim (or whatever it is).

lol....intresting life you must lead if you don't want a spa but come here for entertainment, All spas are the same ?...are you the kinda man who looks at map and you know the old saying 1" inch equals....and than you try to tell your wife.......Ohhh never mind.... ;)

Shove it up your Arss!!!

lol....intresting life you must lead if you don't want a spa but come here entertainment, All spas are the same ?...are you the kinda man who looks at map and you know the old saying 1" inch equals....and than you try to tell your wife.......Ohhh never mind.... ;)

HUHH?? What are you talking about??

How do you know:

1) I am a man?

2) I am married?

3) What kind of life I lead?

4) Anyone can understand your inane response???

My inititial post was to make the point that most of the discussions lately have been around how a sugnificantly overpriced generic product of assembled components can generate a micro industry in our economy of excess. I suspect that if one were to go back in time and research all those who were enamored enough with the idea of a spa to purchase one over the past few years they would find that a relatively small percentage would make the same decision to buy again.

Just a hunch, but hey, maybe I'm a man with a wife that needs more than I can offer. Then again, maybe I'm a woman with a pet ferret that has a talent for curling up in furry places.

Hey Down boy/girl.....I'm not sure what you mean by getting a Kia for a Lexus...or for that matter hot tubs being worth your time...? Someone posted an article about the supposed "Costco/Dealer Wars"...check the begining of this thread, on this forum, to see what is being posted regarding the issue mentioned, that you seem to be making an issue about....

QUOTE [Just a hunch, but hey, maybe I'm a man with a wife that needs more than I can offer. Then again, maybe I'm a woman with a pet ferret that has a talent for curling up in furry places.]UNQUOTE

If the above, is the case, then I think you may want to check out SAUNA"S...you won't get your fur wet in any case. :o