Tub Delivered & Soaking Away (pics)

dave nh

As promised below are some links to pics of the new spa.

Everything went pretty smooth with delivery and setup and the spa fit nicely into my cutout. The tub had come in a little sooner than expected so i did not have as much prep work done as i would have liked. It took me about a day to get all the electrical work done, electrical inspector signed off on the permit the following day and i was good to go. Even hooked up some outdoor speakers.

I did have some minor issues with my well water and will probably do some things differently on my next fill. I got a ring around the tub from a little iron precipitating out from the chlorine, but just wiped it off and rinsed out the filter and it did not come back. Next time i will put more stain/metal chemical in and not shock it so quickly.

With that aside, the tub heated up very quickly and all the systems seem to work great. My kids love all the different color lights. The jets are really strong and if i put it in full whirlpool mode it spins my kids in circles. If i have one criticism some far about the tub, its the owners manual, just not alot of information in there for a newbie.

We have been in it every night and love it, if you are on the fence about getting a tub, just get one, you only live once.

Now a few questions for the forum....

how many hours do you run the ozontator/filter per day?

i have been trying to keep the chlorine level at 1-2 ppm because i am using the ozonator, is this right?

do you still need to shock when you are using ozone and a chlorine residual?

New Spa on Concrete Pad

Pic side 1

Pic Side 2

New Disconnect Installed 1 1/4" conduit was a breeze to pull wires through!

Getting ready to connect electrical feed to spa pack

All systems go, heated & ready to soak!

Led Lights at night for effect

i have been trying to keep the chlorine level at 1-2 ppm because i am using the ozonator, is this right?

Congrats on the new tub!!

In answer to your questions, check out the "Vermonter" method located over at the Robert's Hot Tubs site. In short, I would start with the filters on a shorter cycle - if you're not getting the results you want, you can increase it until your water easily stays within parameters. Secondly, 1-2 ppm chlorine is about right. Lastly, you will still need to shock with either non-chlorine shock or a heavy dose of chlorine.

In answer to your questions, check out the "Vermonter" method located over at the Robert's Hot Tubs site. In short, I would start with the filters on a shorter cycle - if you're not getting the results you want, you can increase it until your water easily stays within parameters. Secondly, 1-2 ppm chlorine is about right. Lastly, you will still need to shock with either non-chlorine shock or a heavy dose of chlorine.

Congrats, nice job and also a great choice in spas. Nordic has a great line of tubs, solid value. Simple, solid, reliable. And inexpensive to boot.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We have had are Crown Xl for 5 years now. Love it. you will love the deep seat and the foot message.

Please let us know how you like the new Jets?? If you ever need anything that your dealer cannot do or get, just email nordic and thay will help. Great company and peoplein the company.

Happy tubbing!!!

John 104 degrees.

Congrats, nice job and also a great choice in spas. Nordic has a great line of tubs, solid value. Simple, solid, reliable. And inexpensive to boot.

Good morning Roger

You forgot Dealer Supported ;):D

John 104 degrees

This is a Nordic?How much is this spa as I'm still hunting.

I think the Crown XL goes for about 5 grand? Somewhere in there, depending on where you are and how good you are at negotiating and if you have a hand full of hundreds.

I got a price in connecticut three weeks ago for 4,000(for the updated 2007 crown xl). That includes the cover and i'm not sure about the ozone. this was the price without any nagotiating. My crown came with the cover and ozone.

john 104 degrees

I got a price in connecticut three weeks ago for 4,000(for the updated 2007 crown xl). That includes the cover and i'm not sure about the ozone. this was the price without any nagotiating. My crown came with the cover and ozone.

john 104 degrees

I forgot to add the crome jets and water line Led lights are standerd for 07.

104 degrees

Thanks for all the feed back! 104, did not know you had a crown xl,i will get a shot of the control panel at night for you on my soak tonight. The chrome jets seem to work really well, i did not know that was an 07 change. I am still trying to figure out the whirlpool jets and how they effect the other jets, one seems to be adjustable to four positions, the other just a couple. I was really most impressed with how fast the heater heated up my chilly well water, i think it went from 50 degrees to 100 in less than 8hrs. Did you get a circ pump with yours, if so/if not how often do you run your ozone, do you use chlorine? any feedback on what you have learned over the years with chemistry upkeep etc. would be great. Yes, i love the deep seet, that is my seat, being 6'7 i am very happy with the depth of that particular seat.

Regarding pricing, the base tub can be had for less than 5k. There are alot of bells and whistles you can add as well, circ, ozone, steps, i am sure ymmv depending on area and dealer.

Thanks for all the feed back! 104, did not know you had a crown xl,i will get a shot of the control panel at night for you on my soak tonight. The chrome jets seem to work really well, i did not know that was an 07 change. I am still trying to figure out the whirlpool jets and how they effect the other jets, one seems to be adjustable to four positions, the other just a couple. I was really most impressed with how fast the heater heated up my chilly well water, i think it went from 50 degrees to 100 in less than 8hrs. Did you get a circ pump with yours, if so/if not how often do you run your ozone, do you use chlorine? any feedback on what you have learned over the years with chemistry upkeep etc. would be great. Yes, i love the deep seet, that is my seat, being 6'7 i am very happy with the depth of that particular seat.

Regarding pricing, the base tub can be had for less than 5k. There are alot of bells and whistles you can add as well, circ, ozone, steps, i am sure ymmv depending on area and dealer.

Dave

So that is a circ pump to the left of the controler?? Dam!!!the one in the showroom didnt have that and the tub was dry(no water) My crown xl is the middle updated one. You also have 4 more jets then i do and you have the "better" updated jets too.

Let me get some more time later to day to tell you what ive been doing in the clorine dept.

You are a lucky dog Dave!!!

Let me see if i can post (or try to) pics tonight or tomorrow.

john 104 degrees

Did you get a circ pump with yours, if so/if not how often do you run your ozone, do you use chlorine?

Dave

I found out that Nordic is the only hot tub maker that you NEED to order the circ pump because its not an "after market item" like other spas B) . I was also told that the circ pump is progamible up to 24 hours. people who get the circ pump run it 24 to keep the water moving(filtering) and the ozinator on. this will Help keep your water clean for less money(electricity).

You still need clorine and the sanitizer. More on that later today.

HOWS THE NEW JETS!!!!!!!!! oh did you get the synthetic bottom??(you can order it this way)

John 104 degrees

John,

Yes, i did order the circ. pump with the tub, but was kind of on the fence about it at first. That kind on helps me with one of my questions. i had been only running it in two 8-hr shifts (16-hrs total). It looks like if the filter cycle is not running the circ. pump will only come on with the heater. Did you get the info on running the circ. pump/ozontaor 24/7 from Nordic?, i do know there owners manual does not have any guidelines for it :angry: Was not sure about depleting the ozone chip running it 24/7 but think i will now anyway. Do you know how much the chips are to replace and how long they last?

I did not know a synthetic bottom was offered, might have bit on it depending on the price, When i punched through the base for the electric, the plywood definately looked pressure treated so hopefully it will last a long time.

The jets seem to work very well, my only thing is i am having a hard time figuring out the two whirlpool controls (the large circular jets to the right of the skimmer. Turning these effects the pressure in some of the other jets in many different ways depending on the postition. I wish the manual had a flow diagram or something on the jet system, etc. Maybe i will email them and see.

My soak got cut short last night because of a heavy rainstorm, will try and get you a pic tonight of the conrtol panel maybe tonight.

dave

Yes, i did order the circ. pump with the tub, but was kind of on the fence about it at first. That kind on helps me with one of my questions. i had been only running it in two 8-hr shifts (16-hrs total). It looks like if the filter cycle is not running the circ. pump will only come on with the heater. Did you get the info on running the circ. pump/ozontaor 24/7 from Nordic?, i do know there owners manual does not have any guidelines for it :angry: Was not sure about depleting the ozone chip running it 24/7 but think i will now anyway. Do you know how much the chips are to replace and how long they last?

I did not know a synthetic bottom was offered, might have bit on it depending on the price, When i punched through the base for the electric, the plywood definately looked pressure treated so hopefully it will last a long time.

The jets seem to work very well, my only thing is i am having a hard time figuring out the two whirlpool controls (the large circular jets to the right of the skimmer. Turning these effects the pressure in some of the other jets in many different ways depending on the postition. I wish the manual had a flow diagram or something on the jet system, etc. Maybe i will email them and see.

My soak got cut short last night because of a heavy rainstorm, will try and get you a pic tonight of the conrtol panel maybe tonight.

dave

The circ pump,chip and sythetic bottom are all very new to me. yes i did get the info on the circ pump from nordic. hot springs is one spa maker that i know of that runs a circ pump 24/7 with the ozon to keep there water cleaner.

On the sythetic bottom. I was told that most that are sold that way go to Florida, thay have alot of humidity there(it made sence) so it works better.

My tub is 5 years old and the bottom is still there. i guess thats a good thing.

Email nordic on the controls. If you turn the top one,one way you turn on half the tub. if you turn the bottom one it will turn on the other half. thats howmy tub is, yours could be different.

Please on the control panel light at night. can you see the numbers better during the day with the new control panel light???

John (i need a new Crown Xl) 104 degrees

The circ pump,chip and sythetic bottom are all very new to me. yes i did get the info on the circ pump from nordic. hot springs is one spa maker that i know of that runs a circ pump 24/7 with the ozon to keep there water cleaner.

On the sythetic bottom. I was told that most that are sold that way go to Florida, thay have alot of humidity there(it made sence) so it works better.

My tub is 5 years old and the bottom is still there. i guess thats a good thing.

Email nordic on the controls. If you turn the top one,one way you turn on half the tub. if you turn the bottom one it will turn on the other half. thats howmy tub is, yours could be different.

Please on the control panel light at night. can you see the numbers better during the day with the new control panel light???

John (i need a new Crown Xl) 104 degrees

Dave whare are you??? still in the tub?? thoses new jets must be really nice :lol::lol:

Still here 104 degrees

Dave whare are you??? still in the tub?? thoses new jets must be really nice :lol::lol:

Still here 104 degrees

I am here but wishing i was back in the tub, a little tired, late night soak last night. There are so many combinations with the jets, i am like a kid with a new toy, have to go out ahead of my wife so i can toy around with the controls. She hates it when i am adjusting the jets when she is out there with me, almost blew her out of her seat one time :lol: There are no problems reading the display at least from what i can tell during the day. The temp display and indicator lights are pretty bright, the jet, light, temp. up and down buttons are backlit at night, not super bright but enough to see where to push. dave.