Tub Delivered & Soaking Away (pics)

dave nh

I know, I know, tommorrow, i promise! I might hold it hostage until i get some insight as to your chlorination procedures that you have mastered over the last five years :D

I forgot!! :o Thinking about the new Crown Xl :lol:

The last five years have been hell with the dealers not knowing what they are doing. they are no longer with us. I have learned more here in a short time then over the past 5 doing it.

Now i get my ph and my alk in order(or where its should be) then i bring my clorine to 1 on the scale. this should be for you a Teaspoon a day. every week i use two onces of spa brite and two onces of stain and scale. I also put in one TALBESPOON of sanitizer and run the tub.

I have been useing this method for about three months. its been working but its summer time and i dont use it like i do in winter. I have a buddy coming over this weekend to check my "CYA" levels to see if there high. if they are i'm going to try "chem geeks" liquid bleach system. I will keep you informed about this.

BTW how are the seven finger jets doing?? there are two one on top of each other??

John 104 degrees

OH are you in New Hampshire???

Now i get my ph and my alk in order(or where its should be) then i bring my clorine to 1 on the scale. this should be for you a Teaspoon a day. every week i use two onces of spa brite and two onces of stain and scale. I also put in one TALBESPOON of sanitizer and run the tub.

--- >What sanitizer do you use, just a bigger dose of chlorine? What is spa brite, a clarifier? I think i am close to what you are doing, on my initial fill i did not do alk and ph first and i probably should have, I need to add some ph down to brink the alk down. How often to you drain/fill?

I have been useing this method for about three months. its been working but its summer time and i dont use it like i do in winter. I have a buddy coming over this weekend to check my "CYA" levels to see if there high. if they are i'm going to try "chem geeks" liquid bleach system. I will keep you informed about this.

--> what the heck is a cya? what does it do to the water? i will have to google this.

BTW how are the seven finger jets doing?? there are two one on top of each other??

--> not exactly which ones those are can you see them in the pics i posted?

--> yep.

All this talk about tubbing, getting anxious for my next soak. :rolleyes:

--- >What sanitizer do you use, just a bigger dose of chlorine? What is spa brite, a clarifier? I think i am close to what you are doing, on my initial fill i did not do alk and ph first and i probably should have, I need to add some ph down to brink the alk down. How often to you drain/fill?

--> what the heck is a cya? what does it do to the water? i will have to google this.

--> not exactly which ones those are can you see them in the pics i posted?

--> yep.

All this talk about tubbing, getting anxious for my next soak. :rolleyes:

Sanitizer is "hot tub and spa shock" its made by Paradise. you can get another brand but make sure its shock.

Spa brite seems to add a polish to the water. try and stay away from a "clarifier" it will mask problems. cloudy water is a sign that theres something wrong.

Do a search on here under "chem geek" or the vermonter?I think. CYA is something that builds up in a spa when using dihclor clorine and can affect its ability to do what chlorine does. Chem geek will tell you or anybody else thats here. There are some GREAT members here. I learned alot from them and owe them alot for there info.

Yes i can see the jets in one of the pics. the jets have seven holes in each of them and are on top of one another.

We go to washington New hampshire to highland lake. are buds next door have a summer home there. are you close to there??

John 104 degrees

Oh on dumping the tub, its recomended every three months. it will take longer to heat up in winter then it did the other day. wait till you go out in the snow barefoot and butt naked in - 20 degrees. You will fall in love with your crown all over agian when she surounds you in 104 degrees clear sillky smooth water ;):D

Now im going in!

John,

Here is a link to the control panel at night as promised, pic came out ok, did not use the flash of course so you can see lighting. hope it is what you are looking for. I am alot closer to MA border than Washington. Thanks for the info on your spa maint. keep me posted on your findings. dave.

BTW. while soaking last night i slouched down in the deep seat and aimed the little jets on the top of the deep seat up an it gives a great neck massage. Looking forward to some chilly nights for soaking.

Control Panel

John,

Here is a link to the control panel at night as promised, pic came out ok, did not use the flash of course so you can see lighting. hope it is what you are looking for. I am alot closer to MA border than Washington. Thanks for the info on your spa maint. keep me posted on your findings. dave.

BTW. while soaking last night i slouched down in the deep seat and aimed the little jets on the top of the deep seat up an it gives a great neck massage. Looking forward to some chilly nights for soaking.

Control Panel

Thanks dave!! My buddys coming over today to test my CYA levels. I live on the mass line in connecticut. maybe we can get are tubs together and have a sundance Maxxus lolol

Later john

• 11 months later...

Dave NH,

You replied to me earlier and it appears you have the same tub as me. Do you have 1 or 2 pumps?

I my ealier posting back to you, trying to figure out how I get Continuous Filtering, my directions for 3 possible heat modes direct me to press Heat then Light to set mode and it does show me 3 possible Modes. I know I had to switch from Economy to Standard to heat the tub and I observed all three on the panel.

Pressing Heat then Jets, the directions say I can set filter cycles. My options in filter cycles on the pad offer F1..F8. Is your same or different?

I tried pressing and holding the Light button and I merely cycle through the lighting options, no matter how long I hold it. I do see in the directions that the circulating pump with the ozone generator is supposed to run 24 hours. Thus I'm confused. I do notice however that in the Standard Mode, the unit periodically comes on to maintain heat, thus I guess filtering the water too?

One last question, the plastic drink holder floats off when too many people get in raising the level. Thoughts on how to best...

Thanks,

PFamily