Arctic Spa Owners?

Hey Chris, if you want to post pics you have to go to photo bucket (http://photobucket.com) and set up an account ( it's free ), upload your pics to that and then post the pic by selecting insert image in the tools and then copy the direct link and paste the http pic extension (direct link) in the box when it pops up. If you still have problems let me know. I have a Arctic Summit and will be watching this play out, I've been happy so far, so let's hope the tub stays that way.

Pete

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Chris, if you want to post pics you have to go to photo bucket (http://photobucket.com) and set up an account ( it's free ), upload your pics to that and then post the pic by selecting insert image in the tools and then copy the direct link and paste the http pic extension (direct link) in the box when it pops up. If you still have problems let me know. I have a Arctic Summit and will be watching this play out, I've been happy so far, so let's hope the tub stays that way.

Pete

Pete,

I got them on photo bucket but I can not figure out how to post them here. I have these pictures on my computer, is there a way to download them to a post? I really think people should see what my tub looks like underneath and see the warranty card.

Hey Chris, if you have the pics uploaded into photo bucket then reply to the post and if you look at the tools above the txt box 2 to the right of the smiley face is the insert image tab, but first have a separate internet explorer open with photo bucket open and go to the photo you want to post and put your mouse cursor over the pic and the drop down window below the pic will give you 4 options. The second one down is direct link put your mouse on the http info to the right and left click to highlight it and then right click to select copy. Then go to the the reply post press insert image tab and then put your mouse on the pop up window and right click in the window and paste the info there. The picture won`t show up until your are done with all the pics done the same way and you select add reply and the pics will show up. Remember to hit enter on the key board a couple of time to put some space between the pics.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa35/Steelerpete/002.jpg[/img

This is what it will look like before select add reply.

Give this a try,

Pete

Hey Chris, I'm glad they stepped up to the plate and made you a happy customer, it's just to bad that it seems to always go to the extreme before they do something. The number of potential buyers that get bad tastes in there mouths with situations like this is crazy with the amount of competition out there for a very expensive luxury item :rolleyes: . Take care and happy tubing in the future,

Pete ;)

Hey Chris, I'm glad they stepped up to the plate and made you a happy customer, it's just to bad that it seems to always go to the extreme before they do something. The number of potential buyers that get bad tastes in there mouths with situations like this is crazy with the amount of competition out there for a very expensive luxury item :rolleyes: . Take care and happy tubing in the future,

Pete ;)

Thanks Pete for all your help and encouragement!!

So what happened Chris? I see a bunch of blank posts of yours...did Arctic do something?

I was wondering the same thing. I know it got resolved but I don't understand it getting wiped out.

This is pretty scary guys, a little too big brother for me. Looks like some moderator or admin must have deleted the posts. Not cool. It undermines the value of this board.

KK117

So what happened Chris? I see a bunch of blank posts of yours...did Arctic do something?

I was wondering the same thing. I know it got resolved but I don't understand it getting wiped out.

This is pretty scary guys, a little too big brother for me. Looks like some moderator or admin must have deleted the posts. Not cool. It undermines the value of this board.

KK117

WHADDUP? with that??

KK117

WHADDUP? with that??

My new Glacier is less than two weeks away. Hoping for the best!!!!!! Much hope indeed!!!!!

Chris had a bunch of scary pics up of his tub, and some comments with names of the big brass at Arctic and then poof they were all gone. Maybe the truth hurt a little to much, and Chris got a new hush tub in return.

Pete

I hope this doesn't happen to all of us Arctic tub owners!!!!!!!! :o

KK117

Thanks for everyone's concern. After a lot of communication with Blue Falls Mfg. and the warranty department at Arctic Spa's we have come to a mutual agreement on the issues I posted earlier. I got what I wanted and so did Arctic. Since every situation is different my advice to anyone is to keep great records, do your homework and be persistant. I am very happy on how my situation was handled by Arctic Spa's. About the Aquafinesse. Arctic got that confused with another product and I was told that it is safe to use. I talked to the sales rep. for the east coast of Aquafinesse and he confirmed that Arctic's company stores on the east coast recommend Aquafinesse. Thanks for the help from all.

Wow...this is interesting!

To me, this doesn't look like any censorship on behalf of the moderators of this forum.

Rather, it is evident that the bad press Arctic was receiving on here, due to their complete relucantance to help Chris out, finally caused them to reconsider and step-up and take responsibility. If I am correct, Chris does not have the ability to "delete" his posts, only "edit" them, which is why all his previous posts now have only a single character in them.

As well, it is also evident that part of this "settlemnt" was for Chris to remove any and all disparging posts / pictures etc. and to cease his campaign against Arctic. This is just a guess, but in return, I would suspect he is to receive a new tub. Isn't he lucky!

While I do understand Chris' postion, and that ultimately, all he wants is a functional hot tub, I still find this resolve quite sad. Chris knew he was right all along - his tub was a POS as was the treatment he was recieving from his dealer AND from Arctic directly. He was very vocal about his complaints and posted here in an obvious attempt to draw attention to his issue.

His complaints were clearly valid, and IMHO, Arctic was both negligent and liable and owed him a new tub. Plain and simple. I am disappointed that he agreed to censor his own posts in order to obtain what he was rightly entitled to. By doing so, he has done nothing but support Arcitc's shady tactics. Clearly Arctic didn't give a flying f*ck about him or his problems, and it was only when pushed to extremes that they finally caved in and conceded. Now this thread will slowly wane into the bowels of this forum, and new potential Arctic owners looking for REAL opinions of Arctic spas will not have the ability to see what really happened to Chris and the lengths he had to go to just to have his completely valid issues addressed. Look at this from Arctic's position - is every customer they treat this way going to go to the extremes that Chris did? Not likely. So for them, after dragging this one out as long as they could, they finally decided to resolve it, with the proviso that Chris remove all derogatory posts. Write this one off as a loss, make it go away, and then carry on as usual.

One just has to wonder how many other "Chris's" Arctic has out there who do not have the computer savvy, knowledge, or motivation to fight to the extent that Chris has.

The link SteelerPete posted supports Arctic's MO. When I was shopping for our tub, the local Arctic dealer spent considerable time pushing Peroxysan on me as well. He used it in his tub, a firend he knew had not changed his water in 22 months using only Peroxysan, etc. etc. Obviously this whole Peroxysan thing is sanctioned by Arctic, as the number of similar experiences from various parts of the country is too large to be just a coincidence. Obviously there is money in this for Arctic. With this in mind, there was a post from Tom (unless it has been deleted) that identifed that Arctic is using the use of peroxide based chemicals as an "out" for any warranty claims. Wouldn't it be nice to have Arctic deny your warranty claim because one of their dealers pushed you into this product. Or...perhaps there is method to their madness.....????

Am I ever glad I didn't buy am Arctic. My apologies for those who do own Arctic products, and I hope your local dealer provides good support to you, because it is evident that Arctic sure won't.

Great news that Chris has at long last got what he wanted.

If Arctic could of done this a lot sooner they could of had good publicity for customer service.

When things go wrong a company can use this as positive advertising, providing they deal with the complaint to the customers satisfaction.