Arctic Spa Owners?

yob2konobe, congratulations on your spa. I am also looking at the Frontier Legend Extreme, I am looking at a price somewhere between 7900 and 8600. I have not wet tested this particular spa yet but everything I have read tells me it is going to be great.

I am trying to find out if that price is reasonable for a 06 model, display model with Northern lights, and a few other farkles.

Hopefully the dealer will want to haggle a bit.

Any other concerns you have found in your tub? It would be great to hear some other stories from other owners.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woke up before sunrise, this weekend morning, and decided to watch the day begin whilst taking an early a.m. soak. Continue to love my Arctic Frontier tub. Had a service call 'bout a month ago. Couldn't get Pump 2 to energize. Dealer came out next day and replaced the "mother board"(?). I still haven't followed up with them to find out what that was about but I'm not too concerned. Under warranty.

Happy Tubbin'!

• 4 months later...

Are you an arctic spa owner? Would you mind sharing what model you purchased, why you picked that model and the cost out the door ...

Thanks,

Jason

Took delivery of an Arctic Summit Nov 2006. Arctic is high quality except for the jets. 80 failures of 33 installed. The number would be higher but the dealer won't stock the replacements. Arctic is no help... The dealer blames cheap Chinese plastic and Arctic blames the chemical that the dealer uses, sells and recommmends. This one is probably going to court...

Run (don't walk) from Arctic... There are plenty of other quality manufacturers out there.

Quit using the baqua spa chemicals and your problems with the jets will be solved.

Took delivery of an Arctic Summit Nov 2006. Arctic is high quality except for the jets. 80 failures of 33 installed. The number would be higher but the dealer won't stock the replacements. Arctic is no help... The dealer blames cheap Chinese plastic and Arctic blames the chemical that the dealer uses, sells and recommmends. This one is probably going to court...

Run (don't walk) from Arctic... There are plenty of other quality manufacturers out there.

06 Frontier Legend extreme.

Love it..... no troubles, in everyday sometimes twice a day.

Cost $12,300 taxes in Cdn = $10,578 or $8500 US.

I wheeled and dealed for all kinds of options. Including cedar bar & stools, 3 tier steps, robes, chemicals, SS jets, northern lights, GFCI breaker, ozonator, cover lifter, 5" top & 4 pillows (to replace the POS standards).

I chose Arctic beacuse of their design, and efficiency.

Now that I have one.....the massage is unlike any other spa I've been in....you can get a real beating if you want....it's good to have that ability.

The foolish option that I thought I'd never use, but quite like it the waterfall and northern lights .... it looks good.

I hope they work their way out of this jet trouble :unsure:

Arctic is high quality except for the jets. 80 failures of 33 installed. The number would be higher but the dealer won't stock the replacements. Arctic is no help... The dealer blames cheap Chinese plastic and Arctic blames the chemical that the dealer uses, sells and recommends.

See a partial corporate response here.

i've ordered a kodiak a couple of week ago! It's a Legend Extreme with Dlx Northern light, Aquatremor and some other stuff.

It was supposed to be in production this week! So i'm going to be one of yours in a couple of weeks! I chose arctic because of their insulation (I live in Québec, it's kinda cold around here), the way they are made, its a canadian product and that my dealer has a good reputation!! I chose the kodiak for the lounger seat (my g/f wanted one of those). I also liked the tundra but... see previous comment :D

Now i need to build a Gazebo and i'll be ready for summer.... and winter! :P

I would be very interested in seeing the full corporate response...

"If the customer's expectation is to have the spa replaced or his money refunded because of a chemical problem, we feel that these are unreasonable demands. The dealer has offered us evidence of chemical imbalance. Any dispute over this is between the customer and the dealer.

"There has been an offer on the table for some time. Arctic has offered to replace all the jets in his system, free of charge, provided that he drain his pool and switch to a bromine system. This offer exceeds our requirements under the warranty. If the customer continues to reject this offer, we are at an impasse."

-- Statement issued by James Keirstead, owner and VP Marketing

A failed control unit on start up, 90+ jet failures in the first 5 months, a dealer recommending the wrong chemicals and then the dealer and Arctic attempting to pass this off as consumer negligence.

Who is being unreasonable???

"If the customer's expectation is to have the spa replaced or his money refunded because of a chemical problem, we feel that these are unreasonable demands. The dealer has offered us evidence of chemical imbalance. Any dispute over this is between the customer and the dealer.

"There has been an offer on the table for some time. Arctic has offered to replace all the jets in his system, free of charge, provided that he drain his pool and switch to a bromine system. This offer exceeds our requirements under the warranty. If the customer continues to reject this offer, we are at an impasse."

-- Statement issued by James Keirstead, owner and VP Marketing

A failed control unit on start up, 90+ jet failures in the first 5 months, a dealer recommending the wrong chemicals and then the dealer and Arctic attempting to pass this off as consumer negligence.

Who is being unreasonable???

In my opinion: Not You.

I think that Arctic is taking care of business.... the control unit is a new one.... ?

All along you've been complaining about jets....so Arctic says "deal!, we'll switch them all out, if you stop using the chemical that's causing it".

If it's pissing match with the dealer you've got then call a lawyer....

I think that Arctic is taking care of business.... the control unit is a new one.... ?

All along you've been complaining about jets....so Arctic says "deal!, we'll switch them all out, if you stop using the chemical that's causing it".

If it's pissing match with the dealer you've got then call a lawyer....

If you go back to one of the original posts, I explained in detail that the control unit delivered was the older model and not the current model (the one I was shown and sold - I've heard this referred to bait and switch). Arctic did in fact send the dealer out to replace the unit with the current model. I mentioned this again to remind readers that the jets have not been the only issue. I have demonstrated patience and a positive, helpful attitude in trying to get the problem resolved.

I have consulted with my lawyer who has consulted a larger firm specialized in such cases. The state attorney general is aware and monitoring. Against the advice of council, I am trying to keep this out of the courts. I have not brought this into the forum discussion because the dealer and manufacturer will view this as a threat... From my view, it's a possible consequence.

We just bought a Frontier Ultra and so far we love the spa and have been in it every night for the last two weeks. We bought this model because of the seat layout and also the size. The 8 foot models were little more pricey, and we had a spot that was perfect for the 7x8 footprint of this model. Also, we like the kid’s seat with a jet so they can enjoy the fun as well. We paid 9k (plus tax) and that included everything; setup, delivery, northern lights, forever floor, waterfall arctic ozone and chemicals. One other feature was the forever floor, which meant I did not need to poor a slab or lay down pavers.

I really shouldn't, but this has been bothering my for a few days.......

"I explained in detail that the control unit delivered was the older model and not the current model (the one I was shown and sold - I've heard this referred to bait and switch)."

Then you have been listening to a fool, because this doesn't even begin to come close to "bait and switch"

"Arctic did in fact send the dealer out to replace the unit with the current model."

Then, this is a NON ISSUE as it was taken care of.

I really shouldn't, but this has been bothering my for a few days.......

"I explained in detail that the control unit delivered was the older model and not the current model (the one I was shown and sold - I've heard this referred to bait and switch)."

Then you have been listening to a fool, because this doesn't even begin to come close to "bait and switch"

"Arctic did in fact send the dealer out to replace the unit with the current model."

Then, this is a NON ISSUE as it was taken care of.

You're absolutely correct, Dr. Spa...

It appears that it's all a non-issue. The dealer's new sales manager has offered to replace the spa and the chemicals. He seems to be a great guy and we're off to a new and wonderful relationship. Give me a little time to heal and I will most likely grow to be an Arctic advocate.

Thank you for your support throughout this ordeal. :)

It appears that it's all a non-issue. The dealer's new sales manager has offered to replace the spa and the chemicals. He seems to be a great guy and we're off to a new and wonderful relationship. Give me a little time to heal and I will most likely grow to be an Arctic advocate.

I'd like an invite when the new ones comes :D

I met with my dealer's new sales manager this morning and we worked out a solution. They are ordering a new replacement spa and replacing the chemicals at no charge. They also asked if I wanted any upgrades, color changes or anything else different from the original. As I had said before, I shopped carefully before making this purchase... The tub design, cabinet and color were exactly what we wanted. However, after seeing the new 2007 model in the showroom, I couldn't help myself. The new spa we have ordered will have more jets, ozonator and the Northen Lights (Summit Extreme). The 2007 styling changes are really nice. I paid the dealer his asking price for the upgrades as he was good enough to replace the spa (and to help offset his loss). The new chemical system suggested is name branded "Brilliance", is a chlorine system, will be using a silver/copper filter insert and enhanced by the ozonator. It appears that we have the basis to develop a long lasting relationship.

I'm now a happy customer and can't wait to get the new spa. Thank you to everyone who played a part. :)

From Atali Awa, Sept 4, 2007, via email:

Hi Tom...

Thought you'd like to know that I've had the new spa for roughly five

months now. We've had zero jet failures, zero problems and we are really

enjoying the tub. You guys have a great product and I'm happy we chose

Arctic.

Thank you to everyone who played a part.

So, it's ok to untie and let Tom's mother go?

-Phew-

:lol:

I met with my dealer's new sales manager this morning and we worked out a solution. They are ordering a new replacement spa and replacing the chemicals at no charge. They also asked if I wanted any upgrades, color changes or anything else different from the original. As I had said before, I shopped carefully before making this purchase... The tub design, cabinet and color were exactly what we wanted. However, after seeing the new 2007 model in the showroom, I couldn't help myself. The new spa we have ordered will have more jets, ozonator and the Northen Lights (Summit Extreme). The 2007 styling changes are really nice. I paid the dealer his asking price for the upgrades as he was good enough to replace the spa (and to help offset his loss). The new chemical system suggested is name branded "Brilliance", is a chlorine system, will be using a silver/copper filter insert and enhanced by the ozonator. It appears that we have the basis to develop a long lasting relationship.

I'm now a happy customer and can't wait to get the new spa. Thank you to everyone who played a part. :)

Im flying in as i type!

-Phew-

:D:D:D:D:lol::lol::lol:

Atali Awa:

I am very, very happy that this situation has worked out for you (as it should have). I guess this shows that the old sales manager wasn't very good at customer relations or this would not have mushroomed as it did. Thank goodness that the new manager came along just when you needed him most!

However, I am still upset with how you were treated by some people here. IMHO, the heavy-handedness displayed against you did not serve the industry or this board very well. Hopefully, your situation will serve as a guide to follow in cases like this in the future.

The Brillance system sounds similar to the one I use in my Hot Spring tub. I use the silver filter insert, ozonator, dichlor for dosing after each use and MPS alternated with dichlor for shocking. You may want to search the old posts for information on the Vermonter method (which is basically what I follow). I have very little trouble with my water and the tub is always crystal clear with little or no chlorine odor when its time for the next use.

The best of the best with your new tub!

Rich

-Phew-

She will appreciate that, I'm sure.

I thought that Sasquatch was looking at her rather hungrily, the T&R appetizer having not satisfied him in the least. Run, Mom!

• 1 year later...

I got a Fox - it basically fit the exact spot we had and looked nice. Bought it for $5k out the door with Onzen, delivery, forever floor, one set of stairs and the second-to-basic jetting system. Had it installed ($900 of electrical work later :-( thanks to our lousy existing wiring) for about a week and love it - but I gotta tell you, the instructions, while perfectly written in plain english are a little confusing for a non-spa owner. It looks like w were supposed to get a digital water meter for chemical balance - but it's missing from the package.

Part of my initial confusion was the simplicity of the device. Install it, fill it, add salt and wait. It takes about three pages of manual to describe that fact.

I would love for someone with an Onzen system to describe the idiot's guide to the first couple of weeks. Mine still appears to be very low on Calcium (which to me sounds counter-intuitive...). So far customer service is great - but you have to get past the sales guys to get there - and I still have no clue why I had to drive to Renton to give them a sample of tap water...

Oh and one more note - one of the reasons I chose this brand was the responses from (Tom?) the Arctic guy on this very forum while researching. He just seemed like he worked for a company that genuinely gave a hoot how their customers felt.