Current Pricing (cost/quotes) For Arctic Spas / Ontario

I'm a person who's been looking at tub options for a while.

I'm hoping to secure an 8' ARCTIC SPA model (I've been told each 8 footer is the same price)

and am looking to share my existing quotes from an ARCTIC dealer

while soliciting others to share their recent costs and/or quotes

so that anyone else interested in the ARCTIC product can benefit from the data.

Keep in mind that these are the initial numbers presented to me and I'm merely trying to gauge

the ballpark of what I might expect when I show up next to negotiate some final numbers.

I was quoted (within the last week) [all figures in Canadian dollars]

C$ 9000 for the DESIGNER series

C$ 10100 for the SIGNATURE series

C$ 10900 for the ULTRA series

C$ 12700 for the LEGEND series

C$ 13500 for the LEGEND EXTREME

In all cases, these were presented as a "base cost" excluding even delivery and installation.

The retail price for various options were presented as

C$ 400 - 5" Castcore Mylovac Cover

C$ 250 - Microban Upgrade for Shell

C$ 150 - Arctic Pure Startup Kit

C$ 300 - Tru Guard Heater Upgrade

C$ 150 - 36" Steps

C$ 500 - "Northern Lights" package

C$ 500 - Delivery and Setup

C$ 300 - Arctic Cover Lift

C$ 500 - "Forever Floor" Upgrade (Base)

C$ 250 - "Exotic Jet" Package

C$ 800 - "Arctic" OZONE system

C$ 2000 - "Peak" OZONE system

I ran a mock POLL yesterday, asking the playful question "have prices gone up or am I being taken for a ride?" and got very little response although some PMs didn't hesitate to express the opinion that I was being presented prices far, far above cost.

The reason I asked the question in the first place was that I had discovered posts dating back into the fall and winter that showed people getting pretty good deals on ARCTIC spas. ( Just one example: WesJ53's post )

Now of course, my dealer has indicated "substantial savings" over the retail price of these options (such as the OPTIONAL delivery!) by presenting several standard "option packages" which combine multiple items for 60-70% discounts over the list price.

But recent posts here in Canada ( for example, indybob's post )

have led me to believe the pricing on these "base costs" can be negotiated successfully.

In closing, I'm hoping that any recent ARCTIC buyers can weigh in with any advice

on options they now find indispensable

(whether they wanted them specifically or if they were bundled)

or if anything they specifically ordered has not proven to match value for the cost.

Personally, my main option interest is in the best Ozone system.

/ Thanks for listening and/or contributing to this discussion !

The reason I asked the question in the first place was that I had discovered posts dating back into the fall and winter that showed people getting pretty good deals on ARCTIC spas. ( Just one example: WesJ53's post )
You are comparing apples to oranges. You are posting the dealers initial offer (retail price) and not the final negoiated price. WesJ53 said what his final negoiated price was. That was the problem with your poll and that you were trying to compare final negoiated prices and the retail prices you were quoted.

I'm afraid egbert may have missed my point.

I'm sharing my experience -- thus far -- with dealer retail pricing

for the benefit of other interested wanna-be ARCTIC SPA owners

AND asking actual ARCTIC SPA owners to share their current experience with actual, negotiated deals

so that all of us still in the process can try to make the best deals for ourself.

On that note, I'm still interested in any ARCTIC SPA OWNER's

feelings about specific options they've purchased or now wish they had or hadn't.

/ Thanks for the feedback

The price I paid 2 week ago in Québec...

Deal for C$ 12000 for the LEGEND (first quote was 13150$ )

Including:

5" Castcore Mylovac Cover

Microban Upgrade for Shell

Arctic Pure Startup Kit

Tru Guard Heater Upgrade

36" Steps

Delivery and Setup

Arctic Cover Lift

"Forever Floor" Upgrade (Base)

"Exotic Jet" Package

All this thing was already include in the base price. (no option)

The only option we can add was:

sound system

"Arctic" OZONE system

"Peak" OZONE system

"Northern Lights" package

The price for the ozone was...

C$ 400 - "Arctic" OZONE system

C$ 1500- "Peak" OZONE system

A big thanks to indybob for his valuable addition to the thread (!)

Let's go (other ARCTIC SPA owners or potential owners ) ---

this is your chance to come clean so everyone in the market can gain some value from your experience...

Still looking for more feedback on desired/undesired/impressive/worthless "options."

/ Thanks for your input

I've been told each 8 footer is the same price

This is true of the MSRP within a particular option level. An Avalanche Designer is priced the same as a Summit Designer. However, this is not true of different levels - an Avalanche Ultra is not the same price as an Avalanche Legend.

However, dealers are independent business people and may find that, just to give a completely made-up example, their setup time on a Summit may be greater than on an Avalanche. So there may be a little less "give" on the Summit if the dealer needs to recoup the cost of that time.

Personally, my main option interest is in the best Ozone system.

As part of your research, you might find this booklet to be of some help.

Happy spa hunting

Tom

I just purchase a Arctic Fox ( base model) in BC. The cost before taxes was $6500, that included:

Forever floor

Northern lights (wife wanted)

Tru guard heater ( i believe everyone in BC gets this because of our water)

36" cedar stairs

Delivery

Starter chemical set

cover lifter

upgraded 5" cover

Options i would have liked to get:

Ozone, i'm convinced it helps reduce chemicals

A few more jets, the base model comes with only 14, i think i would prefer a few more in key places ( shoulders)

I just got it last week and i love it, and the service has been great, they have even called back to see if i had any questions regarding chemicals etc.

The main option I see that nobody should pay extra for is microban there is nothing special about it there has been testing that it does nothing and charging $250 is outrageous.

Well the Legend Costco spa has it, just in the price already. I agree no one should pay a dime for it. Just yet another shady area of going to a dealer that will charge for that option.

Just gettting in a jab ya know :lol

We just got a Arctic dealer in my area so I will scope them out soon.

I like the quality of Arctic. They are the second best hot tubs in my opinion.

In the interests of consolidation (and keeping this information handy for all who are interested),

I'm quoting from someone who responded in another topic to my questions concerning quote/cost pricing information on his ARCTIC SPA. Here is the configuration / costs data he provided.

Newbie,

I had placed a deposit on an Arctic spa and went to my local dealer last weekend to put down more cash to bring in the tub.(House construction was delayed, hence the late tub order). However my Quote from my local dealer was $16400 GST icl.

The tub was a Arctic Frontier Legend Extreme fully loaded with genesis/bromine regenerator, deluxe northern lights, chrome package, aqua tremor stereo, 60" 2 Tier Cedar steps, Corner step 2 tier, side mount storage bar, delivery and setup and a $200 chemical credit.

My local small town dealer is awesome and way more forthcoming than the large city dealer.

The microban, 5/4 castcore cover, Upgraded teflon heater, Forever floor all come with this tub. If your local dealer is pricing these as options, he is feeding you a line of crap. I have recieved numeruos quotes from lots of Arctic dealers and they do this (including my local dealer).

They add on everything as an option and then give you a "Discounted Sale" to make us feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I think they all use the same software quoting system that automatically feeds us the same bowl of warm and fuzzy cereal.

I'm not mad, I just like to deal straight up. When I work I put in a fair days work for a fair days pay, so when I make a major pruchase I expect a good product at a relative price.(You pay for what you get).

Anyhow, when I went to lay down some cash I ended up ordering a Coleman MAAX M6 tub. Really long story, don't want to bore you with the details.

P.S.- Hope my quote on the tub helped you.

/ Thanks -- deenster -- for your input (!)

/ The full thread from where this came CAN BE FOUND HERE...

/ (For those of you continuing to PM me, NO Private Message information will ever be revealed without prior approval of the the sender !)

Newbie, first off, thanks for being a great poster--they're concise and easy to understand.

You give prices for the 8' Arctics, do you know about the 7' tubs (or the others smaller than 8')?

Also, with the general consensus being full foam ins. is 'better' than thermopane, how does Arctic's system do so well (according to their website, and many posters on this site)?

Thanks!

Thanks Mr. B !

You'll see some information throughout this thread on various models -

when I return to negotiations with ARCTIC (shortly)

I will try to obtain the widest amount of information possible.

There are some great (some classic, some simply hundreds of posts long)

discussions on this site which address the entire FOAM/NO FOAM debate.

( I'll PM you some leads for those discussions tomorrow - I'm shutting down for the night ! )

Suffice it to say, that after reading hundreds and hundreds of posts here,

my conclusion is that I'm safe if :

I stick with a tub I like ( WET TESTS will tell you this )

I stick with a brand I respect ( good reputation, quality build, good performance )

I find a local dealer who knows the brand he represents, treats me fairly,

and has the ability to provide good service should I ever need it.

I've wandered off topic, but I'll continue to post PRICE & OPTION CONFIGURATION data as I get it.

/ Thanks for your input

Newbie4now,

I'm also looking for my first buy; I've looked at Hot Springs and Dimension 1 Spas so far - here are some figures go you:

HS, Prodigy 7,000 - HS, Tiger River, Sumatran 6,000 with delivery and Ozone system, HS Solana RX 4,300.

I also looked at D1 Spas - they are more expensive but from what've read here and seen at the dealer they are well built (I don't listen to Jim and command you on not responding to him - I'm trying to follow your line). I like the Seville and the dealer price is 7,500.

What do you think of these prices?

HS and D1 are both on SpaSearch Recommended list - not that it means it's a great Spa but it means more than anything Jim says.

Newbie4now,

I'm also looking for my first buy; I've looked at Hot Springs and Dimension 1 Spas so far - here are some figures go you:

HS, Prodigy 7,000 - HS, Tiger River, Sumatran 6,000 with delivery and Ozone system, HS Solana RX 4,300.

I also looked at D1 Spas - they are more expensive but from what've read here and seen at the dealer they are well built (I don't listen to Jim and command you on not responding to him - I'm trying to follow your line). I like the Seville and the dealer price is 7,500.

HS and D1 are both on SpaSearch Recommended list - not that it means it's a great Spa but it means more than anything Jim says.

SpaSearchin' /

Sorry I missed this earlier -- I haven't got back to my own HS retailer over the weekend since

both my nieces were visiting. I hope to do that tomorrow (even though as I've indicated in another post)

I've personally lost interest in the HS line of spas (purely personal preference -- no slight to HS intended).

I'll post updates to my HS Pricing/Configuration topic tomorrow after I talk with the sales manager and find out

if "the sale is on." Outside of what I'll be reporting then, I have no ideas about the value/pricing equations for HS.

Although I've been reading for several weeks here and have seen many references to the Dimension 1 spas, I'm not sure if there are local dealers since I have not run across this brand in any of my own searching... [i'm in Ontario, Canada]

Checked out the SpaSearch site earlier today (forget who I should thank for that link but I believe it was one of the "original members"). I was disappointed that there are no "relative" scores -- you're either IN or OUT. Does that mean that manufacturers that are excluded were examined and found failing, or that perhaps they never applied ? Not quite sure.

Maybe our original source could offer up some more information ?

/ Good luck in your search

/ Buyin' A Tub Is A Real itch

Newbie4now,

Check out the Costco website for the Highlife series spa and you will like the price alot better and still have dealer support!

We do not own an Arctic spa but the dealer that we buy our chemical from is an Arctic dealer. So I did receive a price list from them and I even questioned about what would the price be on a Glacier Ultra. Here is their quote (all prices below are in US dollars):

Glacier Ultra $10,000.

price includes delivery/setup, "spa school", filter cleaning, water testing)

extras:

Starter kit $100

Micro ban upgrade $100

TruGuard Heater $300

5"4" cover $300

Forever Floor $500

Deluxe steps (2 tier) $100

Arctic Lift $200

Arctic Rollover Shelf $200

Arctic Hydraulic Lift $325

Arctic Lock $200

Arctic Ozone $600

Peak Ozone System $1400

Northern Light $400

Deluxe Northern Lights $800

Wet Tunes $950 (iPod jack only)

Sonic Massage $2000 (iPod jack only)

Forever Flex Cabinet $250

Waterfall no charge

Looking at the sheet they gave me each 8 foot model are the same in price (same for each of the 7 foot models). It just depends on which jet package/therapy air you want.

$ 8500 for the DESIGNER series

$ 10000 for the SIGNATURE series

$ 11000 for the ULTRA series

$ 12500 for the LEGEND series

$ 13500 for the LEGEND EXTREME

$ 15500 for the Legend SE Series

After including $2600.00 worth of additional options onto the $10,000 price for the Glacier, I asked if they could do better than that. They knocked off $1000.00, so their final price would be $11,600.

As far as options, as I said we do not have an Arctic but as a spa owner I would agree with a previous poster that micro ban should not be an extra. When we purchased our spa (Marquis Epic) we were able to get the the cover lift and steps included (no charge) in the price of the spa. As far as the ozone, ours came with the spa as a standard, not as an option. Our water is always clean and clear but can't say if it would be the same without ozone as we have never owned a spa without it.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

After visiting the Arctic dealer, reading through the brochure, and looking on this forum, I'm wondering:

Does Arctic offer a cover OTHER than the 5/4 Castcore cover? They indicate it's an 'upgrade' option, but I can't find evidence that their tubs come included with a 'basic' cover. Are they charging for the cover separately? If so, that's odd, since every other tub company includes some form of cover in the price.

Also, when negotiating with Arctic, should we indicate that the competing tubs we're considering come WITH ozone, cover, lift, etc., for a similar price? Especially since these are name-brand tubs such as Marquis, D1, Caldera, etc.? Otherwise, the price for an Arctic tub seems to go through the roof. We aren't looking for stereo and TV screens, after all...

Also, if we assumed a 30% markup, would offering a price at 10% markup instead be reasonable?

Thanks for the input/advice!

:)

After visiting the Arctic dealer, reading through the brochure, and looking on this forum, I'm wondering:

Does Arctic offer a cover OTHER than the 5/4 Castcore cover? They indicate it's an 'upgrade' option, but I can't find evidence that their tubs come included with a 'basic' cover. Are they charging for the cover separately? If so, that's odd, since every other tub company includes some form of cover in the price.

Also, when negotiating with Arctic, should we indicate that the competing tubs we're considering come WITH ozone, cover, lift, etc., for a similar price? Especially since these are name-brand tubs such as Marquis, D1, Caldera, etc.? Otherwise, the price for an Arctic tub seems to go through the roof. We aren't looking for stereo and TV screens, after all...

Also, if we assumed a 30% markup, would offering a price at 10% markup instead be reasonable?

Thanks for the input/advice!

:)

My dealer had listed all the prices of the add-ons separately, then said they include them in their total price for the tub...this is the cover, chemicals, steps, northern lights, basic ozonator, microban, forever floor.....as far as the cover, the castcore rocks, why in the world would you want any other?

It's not a matter of me wanting a different cover than the castcore. Arctic touts the castcore as a key part of their heatlock insulation, and it appears that they only offer that particular cover. Why, then, would they indicate that this cover is a $300 option? Unless they offer a different cover as standard w/ the tubs? But I can't find any evidence of this. Tom or Glenn(from Arctic), am I mistaken? If so, please correct me :)

Cub, you say he listed the items seperately, then included them in the final price? As in, he added the individual items to the price of the tub, and then showed you the sum total price, or he said that the (for example) Summit Signature model bases at $9600, or the $9600 list price includes tub, castcore, ozone, etc.?

I only ask, because most other companies give a price for a tub and show which 'extras' are included in that price, whereas Arctic seems to do an 'ala carte' pricing (tub, PLUS cover, ozone, GFCI, delivery, etc.). Keep in mind, we haven't actually started to negotiate pricing w/ Arctic yet, just looking at pricing sheet given to us...

I like Arctic, but want to know a ballpark price, not 'Well, the tub itself is $XXX (in my range), but when you start to add on what other companies include in their pricing, you're now at $XXX + $2000! (not so much in range anymore)'

Again, thanks for the input!

[quote from Arctic Cub on Aug. 6, 2007 at 7:27 p.m.

My dealer had listed all the prices of the add-ons separately, then said they include them in their total price for the tub...this is the cover, chemicals, steps, northern lights, basic ozonator, microban, forever floor.....as far as the cover, the castcore rocks, why in the world would you want any other?

Well, we wet tested the Arctics yesterday, much more comfortable wet than dry, IMO.

Our dealer indicated the same as yours...$8450 for the Cub Signature, which does include the castcore cover w/lifter, northern lights, Arctic ozone, microban, forever floor, Tru-guard heater, chems, delivery.

Of course, they had to have a Tundra Legend sitting there wet, all warmed up and inviting...we loved it but can't justify going $2000+ above the Cub. The Tundra Signature would only be $300 more than the Cub, but we don't know what the loss of 28 jets and a pump would feel like...

Just thought I'd update for anyone interested!

Does Arctic offer a cover OTHER than the 5/4 Castcore cover? They indicate it's an 'upgrade' option, but I can't find evidence that their tubs come included with a 'basic' cover. Are they charging for the cover separately?

When I first started here some years ago, the 3" flat cover was standard (I unloaded a bunch of them off a container) and the new 5/4 cover was an option (I unloaded a bunch of them, too!). The cast core version has been so popular that we no longer stock the standard cover. I'm sure we could get one if someone really wanted one (though I can't think why anyone would want it).