Need Feedback For Coast Spas.

deenster

I going to be puchasing a hot tub in the near future and have narrowed the list down to 2 Companies. Coast Spas of Langley B.C. and Arctic Spas. I know the Arctic Spas is a solid tub, however I have heard some mixed reviews on Coast Spas. If any owners of Coast Spas or Arctic could throw me a little feedback it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I used to Sell Coast Spas. They make a very attractive looking tub. But if you have narrowed it down to those two companies in my opinion go with the Arctic. Just out of Curiousity though, did you check out Sundance, Jacuzzi or Hot Springs?

I have looked at the Hot Spring and the Sundance in person, very nice tubs. Both of these tubs have some great features, nice bearingless jets and a solid quality reputation.When your looking at the "deluxe tubs" it seems most dealers prices are in the same ball park. I haven't looked at Jacuzzi in person, only online and they also have some nice features. I guess my 2 most important items for a tub are: energy efficiency in cold climate and water treatment system. Arctic seems to have a leg up on these 2 areas with their Heatlok system as well the peak ozone combined with thier salt regeneration system. The fact that their tub is not fully foamed is also attractive from the maintenance/troubleshooting standpoint. The Coast tub has alot of bling and looks killer, so it makes tub choices a little more complex. I think I'll opt for the reliability and the great customer service center they have in Camrose, AB. Also I only live about 40Km from Thorsby where they manufacture the tubs. Thanks for the advice with regards to Coast Spas, hearing from somebody who actually sold them means alot. Good solid and reliable advise for the general public seems hard to come by in the hot tub industry.

P.S.- If I didn't decide to go with the Arctic Frontier Legend SE, I would probably chose the HotSpring-Envoy.

I used to Sell Coast Spas. They make a very attractive looking tub. But if you have narrowed it down to those two companies in my opinion go with the Arctic. Just out of Curiousity though, did you check out Sundance, Jacuzzi or Hot Springs?

Did Coast give you a hard time getting parts when you needed them? I heard the Dealer service is horrible hence customer service not delivered in timely matter.

Service was a bit of a nightmare. My friend worked service and I was in sales. They make a VERY ATTRACTIVE tub. They go that much for sure. Arctic doesn't really have a LEG UP in these areas, Arctic spas have an incredible Story they tell. Actually all Hot Tub Stores have their Story they tell about why they are the best! ARCTIC is very convincing. They are my BIGGEST competition in my area. Wet test a bunch, and buy what you like. As long as you stick with a well known namebrand your ENERGY EFIFCIENCY is going to be very comparible. There's a seat for every a**, now you just have to find yours.

• 5 months later...

Deenster --

I've revived this topic to ask you a few further questions.

I notice from a more recent post, you've ordered an Arctic Spa -- Have you received it yet and if so, how goes it ?

I also wondered, since you mentioned Arctic's Ozone and Salt options, which configuration you went with ?

I have a local dealer suggesting the SALT system but from what I've read and collected in feedback from people about their Arctic Spa options, I'm favoring the PEAK OZONE system.

I'd certainly welcome any other remarks from Arctic Spa owners about how either of these systems have worked...

/ Thanks

/ One final note, if you feel like sharing any pricing thoughts (I'm also now looking at the Frontier SE), please see my ARCTIC PRICING POST...

Newbie,

I had placed a deposit on an Arctic spa and went to my local dealer last weekend to put down more cash to bring in the tub.(House construction was delayed, hence the late tub order). However my Quote from my local dealer was $16400 GST icl. The tub was a Arctic Frontier Legend Extreme fully loaded with genesis/bromine regenerator, deluxe northern lights, chrome package, aqua tremor stereo, 60" 2 Tier Cedar steps, Corner step 2 tier, side mount storage bar, delivery and setup and a $200 chemical credit. My local small town dealer is awesome and way more forthcoming than the large city dealer. The microban, 5/4 castcore cover, Upgraded teflon heater, Forever floor all come with this tub. If your local dealer is pricing these as options, he is feeding you a line of crap. I have recieved numeruos quotes from lots of Arctic dealers and they do this( including my local dealer) They add on everything as an option and then give you a "Discounted Sale" to make us feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I think they all use the same software quoting system that automatically feeds us the same bowl of warm and fuzzy cereal. I'm not mad, I just like to deal straight up. When I work I put in a fair days work for a fair days pay, so when I make a major pruchase I expect a good product at a relative price.(You pay for what you get).

Anyhow, when I went to lay down some cash I ended up ordering a Coleman MAAX M6 tub. Really long story, don't want to bore you with the details.

P.S.- Hope my quote on the tub helped you.

Deenster

I design hot tubs for a living. The plumbing is really screwed up on Coleman, with pretty close to the cheapest shells.

Let me clarify this for Jim......he buys tubs from phoenix, puts his name on them and marks them up and sells them for a living.

I design hot tubs for a living. The plumbing is really screwed up on Coleman, with pretty close to the cheapest shells.

Let me clarify this for Jim......he buys tubs from phoenix, puts his name on them and marks them up and sells them for a living.

Yes, he rebrands tubs in CO. Additionaly, his modifications void any ETL listing they may orignaly have had, and lies to people about it. Since he operates on a shoestring, he requires a significant amount of money down and cannot gurantee any delivery. For the most part it's him, his wife, and a guy that drives the spas around. It's a rag tag group.

Jim cannot provide any electrical consuption data, and has shown he has no solid understanding of the priciples involved with what he is talking about. Originally he had his Brother, a mechanical enigeer helping him with the hard stuff (and investing in the company) but recently, they have had a falling out and Jim's brother is trying to sue for the money he was swindled out. Jim has admitted to being on step away from bankruptcy, and claims that his brother is a godless insane retard.

YOu can't make this up. You should talk with Mike Blute. He's got some really bizzare stuff that Jim wrote.

I'm on his mailing list: Blutemike@yahoo.com

• 13 years later...