Dimension One Spas Sold?

Dr. Spa

All are just rumors. Those of you following this may want to consider a few things -

Often companies will spread rumors to create fear to see if there is an open door for an opportunity. Every company is always for sale, any time, any day, in any industry for the right price.

• What if.....Someone was interested and they were a BIG name, Dimension One Spas will still exist but may become even more powerful. If you were not a D1 Dealer now, you may want to seriously conisder it soon befoire the opportunity passes you by.
  • What if ....Someone outside the industry (Like Warren Buffet) was buying it and plans to invest big into the company and make it the biggest and best?If you were not a D1 Dealer now, you may want to seriously conisder it soon befoire the opportunity passes you by.
  • What if ....Nothing happens at all and D1 continues as a great family business. With all of the buzz, D1 must be an important factor in the industry becuase everyone is talking about it. Again, if you were not a D1 Dealer now, you may want to seriously conisder it soon befoire the opportunity passes you by.

We have some hot new innovations coming in 2013 and some people are going to be really shocked. Please contact me if you have any question or are interested for next season. I am very excited to be apart of Dimension One Spas for the past 5 years.

I think it would be too bad if D1 was sold to a big company like Jacuzzi or an outside investor. I started my career selling D1 at the largest dealer in the Northeast, the thing I liked about selling them was we actually met with and knew the guys running the show, they made us feel like we were part of something.

When we went on our own to start a new pool company I would have loved to take D1 with me and would still love to sell that line if we could. I think this may be just rumor as well because D1 has a good thing going with the way they are set up.

I have now also heard the same rumor about Jacuzzi (or it's parent) from a source in Rhode Island. A Sundance dealer here in Mass has mentioned the same thing to me. This rumor is either suddenly viral or it has some truth. This will be interesting to watch, if true. I'm not sure that I understood the Thermospas acquisition, other than the possibility of Jacuzzi branching into the direct market. Acquiring D1 makes no sense to me. What would Jacuzzi gain??? D1 is a good product, but I don't see the fit with Jacuzzi.

John

I have now also heard the same rumor about Jacuzzi (or it's parent) from a source in Rhode Island. A Sundance dealer here in Mass has mentioned the same thing to me. This rumor is either suddenly viral or it has some truth. This will be interesting to watch, if true. I'm not sure that I understood the Thermospas acquisition, other than the possibility of Jacuzzi branching into the direct market. Acquiring D1 makes no sense to me. What would Jacuzzi gain??? D1 is a good product, but I don't see the fit with Jacuzzi.

John

The only thing I can see is it will immdeiately get them in the swim spa business.

• 2 months later...

http://aquamagazine.com/content/post/Jacuzzi-Group-Worldwide-Acquires-Dimension-One-Spas.aspx

Jacuzzi Group Worldwide Acquires Dimension One Spas

by AQUA Editors February 7, 2013 9:21 AM

There's big news in the hot tub industry — Dimension One Spas is now part of the Jacuzzi Group Worldwide family.
Jacuzzi Group Worldwide, parent company of Jacuzzi Hot Tubs, Sundance Spas and ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, announces that it has acquired the Dimension One Spas business. Dimension One is a premium manufacturer and seller of hot tubs and swim spas, which began operations in 1977.

“We are very pleased to welcome Dimension One employees, dealers, suppliers and spa owners to the Jacuzzi Group family,” says Bob Rowan, president of Jacuzzi North America. “Dimension One founder Bob Hallam has built a great brand known for premium products, distinct designs, and innovative features making Dimension One a great fit with the Jacuzzi Group. I am also excited about the exceptional talent within the Dimension One team and anticipate a strong future.”

President Bob Hallam founded Dimension One, based in Vista, Calif., in 1977. “I am excited about the opportunities the Jacuzzi Group ownership means for the entire Dimension One family,” Hallam says. “The combined strength of Dimension One Spas and the Jacuzzi Group will enable greater growth for the Dimension One business and Dimension One dealers.”

The business will now be called New Dimension One Spas and will continue to operate as a separate business unit with most existing operations remaining at the current site in Vista.

• 3 weeks later...