Dimension One Diplomat

bikeliot

I have been searching for a spa for over a year. Yesterday, I received an email from a friend saying that a local dealer was going out of business near me. I went to the showroom today and saw several Dimension One and @Home spas. The Dimension One Diplomat looks to be the best choice for my needs. Since they are going out of business, I am concerned about service and support. After reading several postings on this forum, it is evident that Dimension One Spas are on the higher end of the spectrum when it comes to realibility and performance. I have been quoted $7,200 for the spa including a cover with supports to assist in folding it down, steps, chemicals and delivery. Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal? I still have to prepare the area where it will go and I need to have an electrician run the wiring. I know the MSRP is over $12,000 for this spa without the delivery and other items.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

So long as you have a warranty, you are entitled to service & repair from someone. Find out who that is going to be, the dealer should be able to tell you. Also make sure you are getting the original warranty if this is an older floor model.

What about the price? Is this a good deal?

The model is on the floor but has no water in it. It is a 2006. I have not gone into the details regarding the warranty issues except to ask who would repair it after they close. I was told that there are several reputable manufacturer repair companies in the area. I am also going to check the website.

What about the price? Is this a good deal?

The model is on the floor but has no water in it. It is a 2006. I have not gone into the details regarding the warranty issues except to ask who would repair it after they close. I was told that there are several reputable manufacturer repair companies in the area. I am also going to check the website.

Ask him to see an invoice for the last one they sold.

Ask him to see an invoice for the last one they sold.

Ok but it might show the same amount as they would charge me. What I am really interested in is if the price is reasonable for the unit. I know that Dimension Spas are at the higher end of the price spectrum but was hoping that someone would be able to inform me what they go for normally or if someone purchased one recently if this price is considerably lower. I am sure that I can see an invoice. I spoke with the owner and he has been up front about the reasons why he is closing. He is liquidating (no pun intended) his inventory. He is even advertising on a local radio station with a giveaway of a lower end spa.

Any thoughts?

Ok but it might show the same amount as they would charge me. What I am really interested in is if the price is reasonable for the unit. I know that Dimension Spas are at the higher end of the price spectrum but was hoping that someone would be able to inform me what they go for normally or if someone purchased one recently if this price is considerably lower. I am sure that I can see an invoice. I spoke with the owner and he has been up front about the reasons why he is closing. He is liquidating (no pun intended) his inventory. He is even advertising on a local radio station with a giveaway of a lower end spa.

Any thoughts?

If it is truely a 2006 Dimension Diplomat floor model with a full warranty that is a good deal? Just make sure you really want a spa with his and hers loungers before you buy. If you want these features that is a great spa, the downside is that there isn't much footwell space because of the the loungers. It should be pretty energy efficient having just a 325 gallon capacity because of the loungers as well.

If it is truely a 2006 Dimension Diplomat floor model with a full warranty that is a good deal? Just make sure you really want a spa with his and hers loungers before you buy. If you want these features that is a great spa, the downside is that there isn't much footwell space because of the the loungers. It should be pretty energy efficient having just a 325 gallon capacity because of the loungers as well.

Is this a great deal or just a good deal? $7k is alot of money for a spa. I looked at the Costco website and they sell for around $3-4k plus addon and installation might bring it up another $1k. I also looked at Ebay. There are a couple of companies selling them. One is in Tennessee. They sell for anywhere from $3-4k. I just dont know what you are getting for that. I know that with the Dimension it is at the highend of the spa scale. The construction is superior and the parts are much better.

Your thoughts?

Is this a great deal or just a good deal? $7k is alot of money for a spa. I looked at the Costco website and they sell for around $3-4k plus addon and installation might bring it up another $1k. I also looked at Ebay. There are a couple of companies selling them. One is in Tennessee. They sell for anywhere from $3-4k. I just dont know what you are getting for that. I know that with the Dimension it is at the highend of the spa scale. The construction is superior and the parts are much better.

Your thoughts?

You seem to understand it's a better quality spa than the Costco/Ebay type spas though there are certainly other options. I'm not sure if it's a great deal or a just a good deal but as long as it's a good deal I'd certainly go that route over the other types you're referring to. However, don't overlook the post regarding the double lounge and footwell space. If that layout doesn't work for you I wouldn't fall in love with it just because you like the price because it's not like it's priced as a steal and tub layout/fit is important.

You seem to understand it's a better quality spa than the Costco/Ebay type spas though there are certainly other options. I'm not sure if it's a great deal or a just a good deal but as long as it's a good deal I'd certainly go that route over the other types you're referring to. However, don't overlook the post regarding the double lounge and footwell space. If that layout doesn't work for you I wouldn't fall in love with it just because you like the price because it's not like it's priced as a steal and tub layout/fit is important.

The design of the tub is what I like about it. I think it is perfect for my wife and I. There is also room for more people which make it more attractive. I am not into all the extras like waterfalls, stereos, lighting, etc. I am most interested in fuctionality. The two lounges are great and there is also the Sportszone seat.

The design of the tub is what I like about it. I think it is perfect for my wife and I. There is also room for more people which make it more attractive. I am not into all the extras like waterfalls, stereos, lighting, etc. I am most interested in fuctionality. The two lounges are great and there is also the Sportszone seat.

Most people seem to prefer the more open seated layouts (or maybe it's just that I do :wacko: ) so it's especially important that the layout specifically works for you on a spa that is desinged the way this one is because there's not much space outside the lounges. Since you do specifically like it I think you've found your tub because you won't find many others with this type layout.

Most people seem to prefer the more open seated layouts (or maybe it's just that I do :wacko: ) so it's especially important that the layout specifically works for you on a spa that is desinged the way this one is because there's not much space outside the lounges. Since you do specifically like it I think you've found your tub because you won't find many others with this type layout.

As you said, its personal preference. I dont envision holding parties in the tub. There is room for 5 including the 2 loungers. Do you have any thoughts on loungers versus seated massage chairs? I have heard that loungers might not be as effective because the body tends to float. I have not had that problem when lounging in other hot tubs.

As you said, its personal preference. I dont envision holding parties in the tub. There is room for 5 including the 2 loungers. Do you have any thoughts on loungers versus seated massage chairs? I have heard that loungers might not be as effective because the body tends to float. I have not had that problem when lounging in other hot tubs.

The advice you always get with tubs in general is to wet test. I certainly agree with that adage but if it is a lounge I think that wet testing is not just a good idea, it is a MUST and in your case a double must. So many people think they want a lounge until they get one and find that it doesn't fit them well due to floating, their lack of height or because it just takes up a lot of space which is why double lounges are such a rarity. If you wet test and find that it works for you then you may love it; you just don't know until you try. I'd say tell the dealer you want to wet test and if it goes well you've found your spa. If he balks at a wet test (which he may if this is not a floor spa) tell him you're prepared to put down a deposit at the end of the wet test as long as it works out (this should show him you're serious) but tell him you're leary of buying a double lounge spa without seeing if it fits you well. If he still balks I'd look elsewhere.

The advice you always get with tubs in general is to wet test. I certainly agree with that adage but if it is a lounge I think that wet testing is not just a good idea, it is a MUST and in your case a double must. So many people think they want a lounge until they get one and find that it doesn't fit them well due to floating, their lack of height or because it just takes up a lot of space which is why double lounges are such a rarity. If you wet test and find that it works for you then you may love it; you just don't know until you try. I'd say tell the dealer you want to wet test and if it goes well you've found your spa. If he balks at a wet test (which he may if this is not a floor spa) tell him you're prepared to put down a deposit at the end of the wet test as long as it works out (this should show him you're serious) but tell him you're leary of buying a double lounge spa without seeing if it fits you well. If he still balks I'd look elsewhere.

That's good advice. They have this model in the showroom filled with water. I can go there and try it out.

Thanks.

Bikeliot.

We have had our D1 Diplomat up and running, for just over a month now. We had similar concerns on the layout, and also didn't care about stereo, and waterfall features. And like you, most of the time, it is just the two of us using the tub. And although it's only been one month, the maintenance so far has been very simple as well.

So far, WE TOTALLY LOVE IT, and have had no complaints. We love the his/hers loungers - and each of us use "our seat" 95% of the time. The pillows with the neck jets are fantastic as well. Neither one of us has had any floating issues, and have found the tub to be fine for having a few extra people in as well. We've had up to 6 people in it, with no space problems, and no shortage of space in the footwell. And given how much I HATE feet, I would be honest with you if my tender tootsies had touched anyone elses.... ;)

Wet-testing will confirm that the tub fits for you, and like a few others have said, ensure that there will be good service and warranty follow through......

Good luck, hope your wet-test goes well! Please let me know if you have any questions...

AlpineGirl

Gotta agree with most people here. We have had our Diplomat for almost a year now and we love it. I am not the tallest person in the world (at 5'7") and I do not float in either of the loungers. Great spa, great brand. Maintenance has been very easy, just cleaning the filters when it tells you to and changing the Vision cartridge every 6 months. Pretty easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta agree with most people here. We have had our Diplomat for almost a year now and we love it. I am not the tallest person in the world (at 5'7") and I do not float in either of the loungers. Great spa, great brand. Maintenance has been very easy, just cleaning the filters when it tells you to and changing the Vision cartridge every 6 months. Pretty easy.

Did you buy it? You should have it was a great deal! :D

• 1 month later...

Did you buy it? You should have it was a great deal! :D

I agree with you!!! The Diplomat costs over $9,500 on sale here. The 2007 models won't be seen for less then 11,000! Dimension One Spas are more expensive out of the factory than any other spa, so when you get a price that is close to (hotspring/caldera/sundance/juccuzzi) you buy it! :D

I have been searching for a spa for over a year.

It has been a real pleasure reading this thread! IMO this is the forum at its best.

It has been a real pleasure reading this thread! IMO this is the forum at its best.

Bikeit, are you located in MA? I heard my local D1 Dealer is going out. (he was ill, and couldn't run the business...he's loosing his shirt). D1 have a great rep.

• 3 years later...

I dont have an answer that I suspect you will like.

I am a detail-oriented surgeon professionally but value my time off. I have owned many different hot tub/spa brands in my life and truly enjoyed all of them... until now!

Last May I ordered and purchased a new Dimension One Serena Bay spa, top of the line, at over 15,000.00.

The spa was delivered and set up by a representative of the company who by his own admission had "never even seen one of these spas before much less set one of them up!"

The spa, despite optimaization of chemicals and cycles on a daily basis, never functioned properly. Multiple inquiries to the seller, a certified D1 dealer, resulted in many failed recommendations for consumer servicing. Finally the company actually came to my house (after threatenning legal action)to inspect and stated the circulatory pump was nonfunctional. This problem recurred continuously and multiple other mechanical problems surfaced with the spa.

Dimension One, through their dealers or directly through the corporate CEO, shirks any and all responsibility for faulty spas even if they never worked upon delivery and they simply claim the consumer is ignorant.

My stongest recommendation to you and any other potential spa buyers is to stay away from Dimension One and deal with truly any other spa company as most are not bad apples in this competitive but sometimes very dishonest business.

I am a detail-oriented surgeon professionally but value my time off. I have owned many different hot tub/spa brands in my life and truly enjoyed all of them... until now!

Last May I ordered and purchased a new Dimension One Serena Bay spa, top of the line, at over 15,000.00.

The spa was delivered and set up by a representative of the company who by his own admission had "never even seen one of these spas before much less set one of them up!"

The spa, despite optimaization of chemicals and cycles on a daily basis, never functioned properly. Multiple inquiries to the seller, a certified D1 dealer, resulted in many failed recommendations for consumer servicing. Finally the company actually came to my house (after threatenning legal action)to inspect and stated the circulatory pump was nonfunctional. This problem recurred continuously and multiple other mechanical problems surfaced with the spa.

Dimension One, through their dealers or directly through the corporate CEO, shirks any and all responsibility for faulty spas even if they never worked upon delivery and they simply claim the consumer is ignorant.

My stongest recommendation to you and any other potential spa buyers is to stay away from Dimension One and deal with truly any other spa company as most are not bad apples in this competitive but sometimes very dishonest business.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Just the opposite has happened for thousands. To classify the entire company is missleading.

Why don't you lay out the specifics, I would love to be able to assist you..! But quite frankly it doesn't sound like you have been dealing with D1 Spas, so I would recommend that you slow your roll, call one of us and let us look into your case. I would prefer if you call us at (800) 345-7727 and we can evaluate your case and see if we can assist you in any way.

I agree with Roger, your using some pretty broad stroke on a company with a great reputation, and yes I'm a D1 Tech..!

I would agree with Roger and Dennis, you have been dealing with a dealer of D1 spas and yes to represent their product line, somewere in the dealings with the dealer communication fell apart, unfotunately this happens not with any specific brand it happens with the dealer , you will hear great stories and bad ones, but to say that the D1 company dropped the ball!!!! they may not have even known about the issue you were having, but as you can see from Dennis he has responding i think that is very good manufacturing support, i would give him a call, But with your chemical issue , is usually the dealer to do a very good walkthru and training on chemical maintenance, delaers use so many different brands of chemicals, i don't see how the manufacturer can be resposible for that part. again it sounds like the dealer let you down, call Dennis he can help you out or you can p.m me....

• 10 months later...

<!--quoteo(post=103964:date=Mar 25 2010, 03:54 PM:name=whydontpepledorightthing)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (whydontpepledorightthing @ Mar 25 2010, 03:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=103964"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I dont have an answer that I suspect you will like.

My stongest recommendation to you and any other potential spa buyers is to stay away from Dimension One and deal with truly any other spa company as most are not bad apples in this competitive but sometimes very dishonest business.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Just the opposite has happened for thousands. To classify the entire company is missleading.

I've been reading through the Dimension One posts....this EXACT post has come up on several threads....VERY SAD that you would take the time to jump around to bad mouth a company but not take the extra 10 seconds to change what you write....IF THIS POST IS TRUE it sounds more like a dealer issue then a spa issue, contact Dimension One directly, they are fantastic, easy to work with and most of all they go ABOVE AND BEYOND what they have to...it would be easy for a company clear across the country (or world or whatever your location) to "shrug off responsibility" but I have never seen it from this company (and TRUST me after this long in the industry I could tell you some stories)!!!