Thermo Spa-- Any Good?

VitaminJ

Hello all,

I purchased a house 2 yrs ago that has a hot tube. The tub is aging(over 10 yrs)and I would like to replace it. The water pressure is very low, it has an air blower that I don't like or use, and the specialty jets don't work well any more. What is the general opinion on this brand? They offer a trade in program. Would I be better with another brand. If so, what is the most reliable brand? Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Ted

Hello all,

I purchased a house 2 yrs ago that has a hot tube. The tub is aging(over 10 yrs)and I would like to replace it. The water pressure is very low, it has an air blower that I don't like or use, and the specialty jets don't work well any more. What is the general opinion on this brand? They offer a trade in program. Would I be better with another brand. If so, what is the most reliable brand? Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Ted

Look at Sundance, forget the Thermo.

Where do you live?

Hello all,

Thanks,

Ted

if you do some searching on this site you'll find ThermoSpas are complete trash...stay away and stick with some of the top brands like Hot Spring, Caldera, Dimension 1....just remember you get what you pay for just like anything else, any company like Thermo, Recreation store brands, costco brands, etc. selling 7'-8' tubs for 4k may seem like a deal but in the end you will regret it I promise, just search around this forum for the many horror stories of companies with no warranty support or service, going bankrupt and leaving customers floating in the wind, etc.

Hello all,

Thanks,

Ted

I'll explain how I imagine this Thermospas "trade-in" program works on a 10 year old spa without exaggeration.

You decide what new spa you want spa and agree to a price of lets say $13 k for the spa itself (nothing is cheap from Thermospas) and they give you $700 for your spa so in the end it costs you $12.3k.

Now same scenario except this time lets say you don't have a trade-in. In this case they agree to sell you that same EXACT spa for $12k (actually its a bit better than the other deal simply because they don't have to haul away and dispose of your old spa which they have absolutely no use for).

If I had to name my top 10 spa makers Thermospas wouldn't be a consideration. If I had to name 10 spa makers I'd avoid they'd be high on the list.

Stay away from thermo spas....we service them all the time! Stay with a higher end tub, you will pay less and get a much better spa. I will add CLearwater to your list to look at and Artic, along with the others mentioned. Happy spa searching!

In MA. You a rep?

I do sell Sundance but on the west coast. Check out New England Hot Tubs in Norwell,Auburn or Natick, MA. They sell Sundance.

or Check out Crocker Sales in Woburn, they sell them also.

Don't check out a single spa store; look around at your various choices. I'd personally recommend Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance. Go to their manufacturer websites and use their dealer locators to see who is local to your area.

Hello all,

Thanks,

Ted

Thermospa= a great 4000 dollar spa for 12 grand.

I would agree i would look else were, i get a kick every time i watch the infomercial on there spas,,,, My wife thinks i am nuts cause i can watch it over and over,,, This company tells you they are the best, if that were true would there be any competitors....But also i like the use of exclusive,,,but when you really look at it a lot of brands use the same brand compenants... but they are built very cheap,,,,If they were a major player in the industry they would have a dealership in every market....I would stick with D1, Hot Springs, Sundance, Marquis, Clearwater, Jacuzzi, to name a few, BUt definately check multiple dealerships, find a salesamn that is very knowledgeable of spas in general,,, it will make a differance......

OK, I live in Salem MA. Is there a particular high quality brand that services this area?

I'd recommend New England Spas. I do a lot of work for them as a sub-contract servicer, although not on the north shore. I'm in SE Mass. They are very reputable.

John

In MA. You a rep?

I do sell Sundance but on the west coast. Check out New England Hot Tubs in Norwell,Auburn or Natick, MA. They sell Sundance.

or Check out Crocker Sales in Woburn, they sell them also.

I do not believe that Crocker sells Sundance, unless this just happened very recently.

John

OK, I live in Salem MA. Is there a particular high quality brand that services this area?

Go to Crocker Sales in Woburn. It isn't a pretty showroom, but their service is great and their prices reasonable. They have been around a long time. (I just took delivery of my second tub from them)

I live not too far away. I'm in Essex County, as well. R&R Pool and Spa in Littleton is where I bought my Arctic Yukon. 978 952 0011. Ask for Brad and/or Carol.

There also is Budget Swimming Pool Company - on route 1 (southbound side) in Peabody.... that's where I *almost* bought a Jacuzzi Spa, and they were very easy to work with as well. 978 535 1500. Ask for Tom F.

There are also many dealers in the New Hampshire seacoast and in Salem (NH) and Nashua.

I had to make a difficult decision -- and it was not easy. I went the Arctic route, not because the Jacuzzi folks or their product was bad, it was a technology decision.

I will tell you this -- I would have been happy going in EITHER direction (R&R, or Budget - Arctic or Jacuzzi). I spent more for the Arctic because of the Onzen technology, but would not have regretted buying Jacuzzi, either.

I can also tell you that I looked at ThermoSpas, with an open mind. Personally, price and value for the money, I found more in the other two dealers and their products than with Thermo. If I was going to spend that much money for a six-seater I'd go Arctic (I did) and if I wanted to spend less but still get a great product I'd go Jacuzzi, in the 300 series.

The sales rep did not "high pressure" me because I informed him, right now we were looking at Jacuzzi and Arctic and may be looking at others -- Hot Spring, Caldera, and Sundance, and so he probably knew that his ship had already sunk when he walked in the door.

If you want more info on Arctic or Jacuzzi, e-mail me off the list.

I live not too far away. I'm in Essex County, as well. R&R Pool and Spa in Littleton is where I bought my Arctic Yukon. 978 952 0011. Ask for Brad and/or Carol.

There also is Budget Swimming Pool Company - on route 1 (southbound side) in Peabody.... that's where I *almost* bought a Jacuzzi Spa, and they were very easy to work with as well. 978 535 1500. Ask for Tom F.

There are also many dealers in the New Hampshire seacoast and in Salem (NH) and Nashua.

I had to make a difficult decision -- and it was not easy. I went the Arctic route, not because the Jacuzzi folks or their product was bad, it was a technology decision.

I will tell you this -- I would have been happy going in EITHER direction (R&R, or Budget - Arctic or Jacuzzi). I spent more for the Arctic because of the Onzen technology, but would not have regretted buying Jacuzzi, either.

I can also tell you that I looked at ThermoSpas, with an open mind. Personally, price and value for the money, I found more in the other two dealers and their products than with Thermo. If I was going to spend that much money for a six-seater I'd go Arctic (I did) and if I wanted to spend less but still get a great product I'd go Jacuzzi, in the 300 series.

The sales rep did not "high pressure" me because I informed him, right now we were looking at Jacuzzi and Arctic and may be looking at others -- Hot Spring, Caldera, and Sundance, and so he probably knew that his ship had already sunk when he walked in the door.

If you want more info on Arctic or Jacuzzi, e-mail me off the list.

I have just recently closed a few Thermo-Spas for people who do not use the tubs in the winter. They used to have Thermo-spa close them and no longer do. Of course I had to ask why. Apparently, the company charges something like $400 to close the tub or if you sign a contract to have it opened as well they charge $600 for both (which you have to pay upfront). If you don't buy both they don't warranty the closing. Nice. I'm not 100%sure if those are the exact numbers but they are close.

The best part is, for the "opening", one of their customers told me that the guys put a hose in the tub and said "do you mind turning the hose off when it's filled, we are in a hurry?" Then they left.

I have just recently closed a few Thermo-Spas for people who do not use the tubs in the winter. They used to have Thermo-spa close them and no longer do. Of course I had to ask why. Apparently, the company charges something like $400 to close the tub or if you sign a contract to have it opened as well they charge $600 for both (which you have to pay upfront). If you don't buy both they don't warranty the closing. Nice. I'm not 100%sure if those are the exact numbers but they are close.

The best part is, for the "opening", one of their customers told me that the guys put a hose in the tub and said "do you mind turning the hose off when it's filled, we are in a hurry?" Then they left.

Most people don't close their spa in the winter.... they use it all winter...but most spa techs will offer a closing/winterization for a lower cost than $400.

Most people don't close their spa in the winter.... they use it all winter...but most spa techs will offer a closing/winterization for a lower cost than $400.