Ebay Hot Tubs (Spa Guys)

I was looking on craigslist and ebay for hot tubs and I found this one with the built in tv and stereo. Please see the link below or just search hot tub tv on ebay and see what im talking about. is this too good to be true?

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Luxury-Spa-Hot-Tub-2010-MODEL-171-jets-17-TV-DVD_W0QQitemZ290434301179QQcategoryZ42240QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3907.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D300428109202%26po%3DLWI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8479639577219228999

the buy it now price is about 6,000 but the place in here in houston sells a very similar tub called the miramax for 14,000. What is the big difference?

Thanks

Brent

the buy it now price is about 6,000 but the place in here in houston sells a very similar tub called the miramax for 14,000. What is the big difference?

1) I doubt anyone sells a similar tub for anything near $14k. I'm not sure where you're getting that one, maybe someone has a fake MSRP listing of that price.

2) e-Bay hot tubs do not have a great reputation for quality and if there are problems good luck getting help or parts no matter what promise of a warranty you're given. Too many horror stories have been reported about deals like this. If it seems too good to be true usually it is, especially when you're giving your money of faith for a deal on the internet. Its not like this is some well known brand from a reputable source simply beign sold on teh internet rather than throug a traditional channel.

Be VERY cautious buying any hot tub in Ebay. There have been quite a few horror stories on these forums about it already.

I've seen pictures of this hot tub online before. 171 jets? That's a record for me. Last record was one that claimed 144 jets. LOL

Be VERY cautious buying any hot tub in Ebay. There have been quite a few horror stories on these forums about it already.

I've seen pictures of this hot tub online before. 171 jets? That's a record for me. Last record was one that claimed 144 jets. LOL

171 jets - because 144 just isn't enough :rolleyes:

My tub only has 30 or so jets. I'm getting jet envy :wacko:

Judging by the control panel among other things, these tubs are cheep Chinese crap. They are loaded with way too many small jets and obviously designed to look appealing without much thought for anything else. I’m sure that replacement parts will be impossible to find down the road. It would not surprise me at all if five years from now we hear about how these are spas are making people sick because of some toxic chemicals used in manufacturing. I would not buy until you could see the spa in person with cabinet panels removed. At the very least some photos of how they are constructed, pluming, pumps, controls, framing, and insulation. For six grand you can get a great spa from a reputable brand and dealer that has a track record you can confirm. Otherwise you taking a shot in the dark buying a product with no reviews or reputation. The seller has good ratings, However NONE of them are for selling a spa!

Forget all the built in junk like TV's and stereos - you'll note most of that stuff is only warranted for 90 days. There's a reason for that. Get a separate TV, stereo, whatever that can be brought inside when not in use and wrap the remote in a ziplock to use it. ELectronics don't last long around spa/pool water and the elements.

Forget all the built in junk like TV's and stereos - you'll note most of that stuff is only warranted for 90 days. There's a reason for that. Get a separate TV, stereo, whatever that can be brought inside when not in use and wrap the remote in a ziplock to use it. ELectronics don't last long around spa/pool water and the elements.

I can't comment on the ebay tub, but agree that any cheap imported electronics like stereo or tv are very likely to disappoint. But consider that for safety reasons you should not use any portable tv, stereo or other device(s) around your tub that run on 120V AC power. THere's an electrocution hazard if it falls in the tub or gets wet. Most flat panel TVs or outdoor speakers designed for outdoor use a low voltage supply, which will be safer to use around the water - as long as the wall transformer doesn't fall in. Battery powered stereos, etc. are ok, too. Use common sense!

Looking to ebay shopping, especaiily when it comes to our luxury i never compromise as its now my time for my true relxation.Theregore i have chosen hotsprings spas.If you too are looking for something luxurious and comfortable you must certainly stick to hotspring spas, a brand name rather going for ebay and all

The spas you are seeing on E-bay are absolute crap! I have one of the spas you mentioned in my showroom and use it to show spa shoppers the differences in quality and garbage. The spa at my store was sold to a gentleman in the summer of 2008 for $6,000. It was dropped off in his driveway, moved to his backyard by him and some friends, and wired up. He spent the next 6 months trying to get the spa to work, called the "factory direct" hot line, received excuses, apologies, and empty promises.

One day, the phones were disconnected and the website was gone. He called us and asked if we took trade-ins...we replied that if he bought a spa from us, we would dispose of his current spa at no charge. He agreed and bought a new Hot Spring Envoy. The internet spa was moved to my store and it looks like it was constructed of chicken wire and tin foil...absolutely the bottom of the barrel in components, workmanship, etc.

The best advice I can give regarding shopping for a spa: NEVER...EVER buy a spa without physically inspecting it in person! Don't give $6000 of your hard-earned money to someone promoting a picture and a sales pitch.

Good luck in your search!

Terminator

Those hot tubs look remarkably similar to the tubs being sold by Spa Serve, Thetradepricegroup ,ukhotubs , hottubsupermarket , hottubsales. These are all the same people selling hot tubs made in china by jnjspa.com.

So double check before you buy

I can't comment on the ebay tub, but agree that any cheap imported electronics like stereo or tv are very likely to disappoint. But consider that for safety reasons you should not use any portable tv, stereo or other device(s) around your tub that run on 120V AC power. THere's an electrocution hazard if it falls in the tub or gets wet. Most flat panel TVs or outdoor speakers designed for outdoor use a low voltage supply, which will be safer to use around the water - as long as the wall transformer doesn't fall in. Battery powered stereos, etc. are ok, too. Use common sense!

Well, I wasn't suggesting they put a TV OVER the tub where it could fall in, or put it where they could come in contact with it when wet. Anyone that ignorant though is likely doomed to get a Darwin Award for some other reason anyway.

I have Cambridge Soundworks speakers mounted up on my fenceposts and am hooking up a car radio -- in a waterproof box, away from the tub. It will be powered by a 13.8v supply inside the house.

Several dealers kinda stuck their noses up when I asked about the stereos -- they don't like 'em, because that's where most of their warranty work came from.