First4hottubs.com Buyers Beware

I have just noticed a company on eBay uk called FIRST4HOTTUBS.COM and i want to warn any buyers out there that this looks like a scam. They have a website also and it looks very fishy to me. Firstly they claim to be members of the "Association of pool and spa professionals" but the APSP website does not list them as a member.

They also have the Visa verified logo on their website but this has just been copied and pasted on from somewhere else.The real visa verified logo when clicked on will take you to the visa website.

They also do not list their address,company number or vat details. Companies house has no records of this company even though they claim to be formed in 1992 and have over 100,000 customers! The one bit of contact information they do give on their website is a postcode in Staffordshire and when you "google map" it it is actually a residential address.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

hmmmmmmmm, So I've gotten two VERY nasty emails demanding this post be removed, or legal action will immediately be taken. I took a look at the website....I think I'll let the post stay until this demand has some legal backing.

I have just noticed a company on eBay uk called FIRST4HOTTUBS.COM

• Firstly they claim to be members of the "Association of pool and spa professionals" but the APSP website does not list them as a member.
  • They also have the Visa verified logo on their website but this has just been copied and pasted on from somewhere else.The real visa verified logo when clicked on will take you to the visa website.
  • They also do not list their address,company number or vat details.
  • Companies house has no records of this company even though they claim to be formed in 1992 and have over 100,000 customers!
  • The one bit of contact information they do give on their website is a postcode in Staffordshire and when you "google map" it it is actually a residential address.

According to our guidelines, members have a responsibility not to "post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate."

The moderators have received two notes threatening legal action and saying that the above post is "all lies". The guidelines also have something to say about threats.

Since truth is the final judge of defamation, first4hottubs is invited to respond to the above post by providing correct information, such as an APSP membership number, a business number, and so on.

In the meantime, I am investigating the matter. and will report the results. I have queried VISA, PayPal, and eBay about the status of this business.

A test order from first4hottubs.com went directly to PayPal (no option to pay by VISA). PayPal reported that ""This recipient is currently unable to receive money." Which means that nobody can order a hot tub from this site at the moment.

Kind of makes the whole issue moot, right?

Tom, I've received 3 very nasty threats from this guy so far today. You get anything? You think he realizes this site is located in the USA and as such is governed by US law, and he'll have to come here for court? From his threats, and what little legal knowledge I have, I HIGHLY doubt he's actually contacted an attorney, and his threats are as empty as an alcoholics bottle of whiskey.

Tom, I've received 3 very nasty threats from this guy so far today. You get anything? You think he realizes this site is located in the USA and as such is governed by US law, and he'll have to come here for court? From his threats, and what little legal knowledge I have, I HIGHLY doubt he's actually contacted an attorney, and his threats are as empty as an alcoholics bottle of whiskey.

Not gonna lie.....I am enjoying the commentary!

hmmmmmmmm, So I've gotten two VERY nasty emails demanding this post be removed, or legal action will immediately be taken. I took a look at the website....I think I'll let the post stay until this demand has some legal backing.

Does this mean i am going to get sued?

I doubt it, you have not lied and they still have not replied to an earlier post asking for their APSP number and business number etc.

Tom, I've received 3 very nasty threats from this guy so far today. You get anything?

A fourth threat.

I did check the APSP list of UK members and this outfit isn't on it by that name. No word from VISA, PayPal or eBay.uk

This probably has nothing to do with this particular company, however I had a customer in my store a couple months ago having all kinds of trouble with a hot tub he bought through eBay. He had no idea of the brand, said he'd had 9 different phone numbers (there's a flag) for the company, and all nine had been disconnected. We can't even figure out what filter he needs for his spa, because he threw out the old one, and the spa seems to use a removable filter well (similar to those used in pools).

He's had other mechanical problems with the spa as well, and simply cannot get the parts he's needed.

Generally speaking, I always suggest people be wary of anything they purchase online. Always make sure you're going through a well known, reputable business when purchasing anything online. Otherwise, one can have a very difficult time obtaining support or service later.

Of course, eBay is one of those sites that should always come with a "Buyer Beware" flag. Sometimes you're dealing with a legit company, and other times it's just another person with an item to sell.

• 3 weeks later...

Domain name: first4hottubs.com

Registrant Contact:

first 4 hot tubs

andrew wood ()

Fax:

18 glovers hill court

rugeley, staffordshire ws151bf

GB

Administrative Contact:

first 4 hot tubs

andrew wood ()

+44.7973786706

Fax: +44.7973786706

18 glovers hill court

GB

:unsure:

Technical Contact:

first 4 hot tubs

andrew wood ()

+44.7973786706

18 glovers hill court

GB

Name Servers:

ns1.voda35.com

ns2.voda35.com

Creation date: 07 May 2009 08:45:53

Expiration date: 07 May 2010 08:45:53

Domain name: first4hottubs.com

Registrant Contact:

first 4 hot tubs

andrew wood ()

Fax:

18 glovers hill court

GB

Administrative Contact:

first 4 hot tubs

andrew wood ()

+44.7973786706

18 glovers hill court

GB

:unsure:

Technical Contact:

first 4 hot tubs

andrew wood ()

+44.7973786706

18 glovers hill court

GB

Name Servers:

ns1.voda35.com

ns2.voda35.com

Creation date: 07 May 2009 08:45:53

Expiration date: 07 May 2010 08:45:53

wow thanks mate, so thankfull of your help!

Antz,

Your not alone. I too am a victim of this scam, They have taken my money and I have no Hot Tub.

I should have had it delivered on 22nd June.

How are you getting on in contacting them. I have been trying the numbers for Andrew Woods but to no avail, ive been emailing them and no reply. Looks like they've done a runner.

Have you gone to the police?

Still no word from VISA, PayPal or eBay.uk one way or the other. I'm sorry to hear that some of our posters have lost money to this outfit and hope that they will continue to post progress notes.

Yeah, we`ve been to the police, the said they cant do anything, What We have done is gone to our bank (barclays but i ashume all banks will do the same)

if you payed by card they will get in contact to Debit or credit card services,

we are just waiting for a form to fill in for the bank to refund my money and the banks Fraud team will get onto it, then the bank get there money back,

if you have any questions feel free to email me on lojo4antz@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Antz