Hotsprings Or Bullfrog

Fatlip

I'm new here and have been looking for a spa for 2 months, finally narrowed it down to two.

The Hotsprings jetsetter 2009, price 5500.00 or the Bullfrog 231, 5500.00. I dry tested both and the Jetsetter fit me the best. Nobody had one, with water in it on these models. Both seem nice but im leaning for the jettdeter. Does anybody have either of these models and do you like it?

I'm really glad I found the forum.

I'm always on the Team Chevelle sight, as I have almost finished restoring a 1971 Chevelle, with great help from them over the years.

Also im getting the spa mostly for a sore lower back, that burns into my left leg, hell by whole body is sore at times. plus wifie wants to get in too.

Any info would be great,

Thanks,

Rick

I'm new here and have been looking for a spa for 2 months, finally narrowed it down to two.

The Hotsprings jetsetter 2009, price 5500.00 or the Bullfrog 231, 5500.00. I dry tested both and the Jetsetter fit me the best. Nobody had one, with water in it on these models. Both seem nice but im leaning for the jettdeter. Does anybody have either of these models and do you like it?

I'm always on the Team Chevelle sight, as I have almost finished restoring a 1971 Chevelle, with great help from them over the years.

Also im getting the spa mostly for a sore lower back, that burns into my left leg, hell by whole body is sore at times. plus wifie wants to get in too.

Any info would be great,

Thanks,

Rick

Can't help you with your decision but would like to know what you thought of the Bullfrog Spa? Have you heard of the dirty stagnet water problem behind the jet packs or is problem solved or never existed? I am looking at Hot Sping and Bullfrog.

You might want to look at a Marquis Spirit. When we were looking we narrowed it down between the Jetsetter and the Spirit. I've never looked at a Bullfrog so can't help there. The Spirit was about $500 less than the Jetsetter and both my wife and thought it was more comfortable.

Wet Test Wet Test Wet Test.

You might want to look at a Marquis Spirit. When we were looking we narrowed it down between the Jetsetter and the Spirit. I've never looked at a Bullfrog so can't help there. The Spirit was about $500 less than the Jetsetter and both my wife and thought it was more comfortable.

I keep seeing about wet testing but its always one with water and its always the 6-7 seater, I did wet test a big size but thats not the model im buying. The Bullfrog is nice, but for me, the one you stretch out in was to small for my left leg and still use the left leg jets, other than that it is a nice spa. I will check out the marquis spirit, see if anybody close sells it.

Keep the info coming,

Thanks again,

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

I keep seeing about wet testing but its always one with water and its always the 6-7 seater, I did wet test a big size but thats not the model im buying. The Bullfrog is nice, but for me, the one you stretch out in was to small for my left leg and still use the left leg jets, other than that it is a nice spa. I will check out the marquis spirit, see if anybody close sells it.

Keep the info coming,

Thanks again,

Rick

I've had two Hot Springs, one Classic and my current Jetsetter which is about 12 years old. No problems, just one heater replacement. With that type of reliability and my personal experiences, I am biased toward you buying the Jetsetter. Good luck with whatever you choose, Randy

Keep the info coming,

Thanks again,

Rick

I have a 8 year old jetsetter and it works perfect and still looks as good as when they delivered it. I would say jetsetter

I've had two Hot Springs, one Classic and my current Jetsetter which is about 12 years old. No problems, just one heater replacement. With that type of reliability and my personal experiences, I am biased toward you buying the Jetsetter. Good luck with whatever you choose, Randy

Keep the info coming,

Thanks again,

Rick

I have a 8 year old jetsetter and it works perfect and still looks as good as when they delivered it. I would say jetsetter

The Bull Frog tub is one of the better designed hot tubs I have found out their. With the options of the jet paks and you able to pick if you tub is going to be a 10 jets or a 40 jets, as well as upgrading a bullfrog down the road. Once you have a bullfrog you can buy new jet paks down the road and have a tub now with waterfalls on it or have your tub have neckjets. These all come on the jet paks. Any other tub you have to trade it in to get these features added on. The bullfrog even has that capablity with a stereo. Most hot tub companies have the speakers pop up from the tub. With the bullfrog you can buy a door with the stereo on it and plug one wire in and your done. This spa is the type of spa that will last and you can upgrade to keep it fresh. The bullfrog was designed by a service tech. that has been in the industry for many years. It's built smart. All the manifolds and most of the plumbing lines are on the jet paks, which make any repairs simple or if it does leak, it leaks back into your spa, unlike other tubs were it will leak empty. And yes their is a hose that shoots water in behind the jetpaks to keep the water moving and clean.

I am probably too old or too old fashioned to post in this thread.

The upgrade options sound interesting - I wonder how many people first buy a configuration that didn't suit their needs so that they had to upgrade later?

Just IMO - lights and waterfalls are eye candy and don't do much for the enjoyment of the spa experience. Same with a built in stereo or even TV? Stereo and TV??

Eye candy and ear candy wouldn't be factors in my spa buying decision.

All I have experience with is our 14 yr old Hot Springs - not stereo, just one light (we don't use it - original bulb is still in it) only 7 jets - totally still meets our needs and expectations. Spa comfort and pleasure of the "hydro therapy" is probably the ONLY priority - don't get distracted from what counts.

Best of Luck with your decision.

You have a tough decision to make. Only you can make it. I can tell you why I didn't choose a Bullfrog. I thought about having to replace those jetpacks. Not wanting to replace them but having to. They seemed like the weak link in the hot tub to me, especially if you moved them frequently. Something about having a hot tub where the jets were molded in place just seemed more secure to me and less prone to break. I am not saying that my opinion is correct. That's just the logic I used at the time.

The Bullfrog was a comfortable spa. The Oscillator jet pack was the abosolut best massage I found for my lower back in any spa, and I tested a lot of them. I simply wasn't convinced that it would last.

• 2 weeks later...
You have a tough decision to make. Only you can make it. I can tell you why I didn't choose a Bullfrog. I thought about having to replace those jetpacks. Not wanting to replace them but having to. They seemed like the weak link in the hot tub to me, especially if you moved them frequently. Something about having a hot tub where the jets were molded in place just seemed more secure to me and less prone to break. I am not saying that my opinion is correct. That's just the logic I used at the time.

The Bullfrog was a comfortable spa. The Oscillator jet pack was the abosolut best massage I found for my lower back in any spa, and I tested a lot of them. I simply wasn't convinced that it would last.

I didn't choose a Bullfrog and went hot springs

Any info would be great,

Thanks,

Rick

heres my two bits on these spas

overall construction i think bullfrog is better

they use off the shelf parts so replacement cost is 1/3 that of hs.

the only two things i don't like are 1. the jet packs if there anything like trying to get built in pillows for a spa 10 years from now your sol.

and 2. its foamed filled (and that will start a whole old debate) i think foam filled is old technolagy.and make agreat nest for ants, bees, wasps, mice, squarrils and any other rodent that lives near you

the plus for hs this they have good customer and dealer support

• 2 weeks later...

I am on my second year with my bullfrog spa -- here is my .02.

I have a 552 - I went into it thinking the upgrade options were a good benefit, but after 2 years, found I have no desire to really upgrade any of the packs. There is enough "variety" in my seats that I haven't found a want or need for something different.

Maintenance is a lot more work than I expected -- some of the jet packs are heavier than I expected and removing them and cleaning them are a pain. Bear in mind that all of the tubing for the jet packs are exposed to the water and when cleaning out the spa, I have to remove each pack to clean. I didn't put much thought into the placement and have a wall on two sides of the tub, meaning I have to climb into the tub to remove the jet paks. If you get one, make sure there is enough space on each side to access the jet packs without having to climb into the tub.

I have some issues with my back, and I was hoping my spa would give me relief - if anything, it aggravates it even more every month or so that I clean it :)

This is my first hot tub, so it is hard for me to compare, but I can't help thinking that a "fixed" seat spa would be much easier to maintain and keep clean.