Post Your Unbelieveable Pics!

Ever since digital cameras came out, I've been snapping pictures of Goofy stuff I see out in the field. I would also like to see your goofy stuff. If you see something in the field that looks like someone was not at full brain capacity, or was, snap it and post it here. You don't even have to write anything with it (sometimes thats better).

Sep02_0001.jpg

Customer: It worked just fine until you guys were here.

Pool Clown,

If you like unbelievable pics, go to Thisoldhouse.com, and type nightmares in the search box. This will pull up a series of photo galleries by home inspectors. The things people do in their homes are extremely amusing - and incredibly dangerous.

That wouldn't be any fun. This is for the techs that belong to the forum that see this stuff first hand.

Pentarlid.jpg

Customer: My bad, I only tightened the clamp by hand...

Lucky this was in a little room (that I wasn't in) with exposed beam ceiling.

I wonder how high it would have gone?

You mean no one sees anything unusual?? Oh well, I got more.

0316091218.jpg

The importance of a fire switch...

I dont have my phone with the pics on it, but I've come across several of the same occasions that you've already listed.

My favorite one was when I was replacing a 20A breaker in the breaker box, and to my surprise, when I took the cover off every square inch was covered in dirt dobber nests!

UGH.

Had an intermatic time clock not working. Pulled out the timer to find a fried lizard stuck in the contacts...it was predigital, unfortunately :-)

Maybe we should take a poll to see how many snakes have been found crawled up inside motors and heaters. And we won't even TALK about the stuff that you can find under a spa!

Except for this one, which I will talk about. We all get to the point where you S-L-O-W-L-Y open the access panel before working on a spa because you have no idea what has made it's home there. BUT, when I was about to deliver a BRAND NEW spa to a customer, I never expected a surprise. The spa was from Coleman, made in Arizona, and stored in Coleman's outdoor storage yard. I used to have a picture of the rather impressive Black Widow Spider that shipped with the spa, and was inches from various hands but, alas, I have no idea where the pic is now.

And now they call me paranoid when I look over every square inch before putting my hand anywhere! Well...maybe I am!

John Stinemire

Keep the pictures and stories coming. This is what keeps it interesting! Kudos, PC, for starting this thread!

Had a mouse shoot out from under the burner tray of a heater after a flame rollout. He ran into a pile of leaves and set them ablaze! I have a collection of pictures I call"the hall of shame". Unfortunately I don't know how to post pictures in the forum.

I use Photobucket. There is an old post that walks you thru downloading/posting but I forgot who posted or the thread. I sure someone can jump in here and help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...