Replacement Cover Advice Needed

Mason

We bought a house that has a built-in hot tub that is fluuh with the deck. Never had one before and it looks like its going to need a new cover very soon. I searched online and there are numerous results.

Can anyone give me some guidance on brands or companies that I should consider?

Thanks!

Can I ask you a couple of questions first?

What sites have you seen, and what appeals about each of them?

Given what you have learned so far, which company might you be inclined to buy from and why?

Knowing this, I can give you a true comparison between covers, and offer you a nice little discount on a new cover that I have no doubt you'll agree is better than the rest.

I really haven't examined them that closely. If you just type "spa covers" into google, you literally get dozens of site and stores.

I was hoping to get some input from people as to places that they have used with good prices and reliable service. Also, I'm a little unsure of what specific features I need in a new cover.

Any input is much appreciated.

I really haven't examined them that closely. If you just type "spa covers" into google, you literally get dozens of site and stores.

I was hoping to get some input from people as to places that they have used with good prices and reliable service. Also, I'm a little unsure of what specific features I need in a new cover.

Any input is much appreciated.

One suggestion, if the spa is flush with the rest of the deck I would advise getting a a walk on cover, It is pretty safe insurance to protect against someone falling in accidently. I have a Sunstar and am very happy with it so far.

We bought a house that has a built-in hot tub that is fluuh with the deck. Never had one before and it looks like its going to need a new cover very soon. I searched online and there are numerous results.

Can anyone give me some guidance on brands or companies that I should consider?

Thanks!

I can give an A+ rating to the covers at RHTubs.com. I have purchased or been involved in the purchase of 8-10 from there already. I also am hoping the one for my tub arrives soon????

As Spa User Guy suggested, a walk on cover may be the safe route to go. I am a new Arctic owner and while I have not yet taken delivery of my spa, may I suggest you taking a look at their Castcore Cover? It is 5" thick, and to my knowledge is unique in that the entire foam core is molded around a steel fram which means there are not cuts in the insulation. It also has an insulating baffle between the cover halves to prevent heat loss along the seam. It's only one reason why I went with Arctic. I don't know if they're sold anywhere but an authorized dealer, so you may want to call them directly. On my price sheet they retail for $300. Hope that helps. Good luck.

I suggest you taking a look at their Castcore Cover? It is 5" thick,
I was not aware that Arctic was offering custom covers utilizing their cast core system. Have we checked that out?

Otherwise I would go for RHtubs. They DO offer custom covers.

B)

As far as I know they do not make custom covers for other tubs. In their covers is an aluminum C channel in the thickest part for rigidity and it is a 2lb close cell foam. The baffle is ok, will not prevent heat from escaping from the middle only slows down the proccess. So far the best design for a middle baffle is on

RHtubs nice job Doc. If your In Canada I will suggest HST Synthetics they make a 5"-4" "Walk On" cover as well which has held up pretty well for us in terms of aftermarket covers

From what I can tell Arctics covers are either EXTRUDED or made in a mold, both of which would make custom sizes difficult as a seperate extruder/mold would be needed for each size. It would also take a LONG time to get as I believe they're made in China.

Hey Pathfinder, is there any information I might be able to see about HST's covers, other than what's on their web site (rather minumul information there).

As far as I know they do not make custom covers for other tubs. In their covers is an aluminum C channel in the thickest part for rigidity and it is a 2lb close cell foam. The baffle is ok, will not prevent heat from escaping from the middle only slows down the proccess. So far the best design for a middle baffle is on

RHtubs nice job Doc. If your In Canada I will suggest HST Synthetics they make a 5"-4" "Walk On" cover as well which has held up pretty well for us in terms of aftermarket covers

Mason,

Dr Spa and RH hot tubs have a great reputation and from what others have reported very compettitive prices. Talk to Andy at RHhot tubs and I am sure he'll get you the right cover for you.

Good luck.

I was not aware that Arctic was offering custom covers utilizing their cast core system.

We're not. You can get a custom CastCore cover if you buy an Arctic Spa the right size to go under it. :P Otherwise, no.

Sorry, Wes, I know you were just trying to be helpful.

Tom

I do have a question for those who have bought covers online. Have you had any troubles with shipping damage to the cover? We used to try to get covers in for people shipped common carrier, and its not worth it, about 65% of them would come in damaged. Now we bring in covers with our spas. I think online would be a great place to get them, but I would be leery of shipping damage.

The trick is in training the shipping company. Literally! We use one national company and have worked closely with them to put together a "standard handling procedure" for handling spa covers. It is possible to get the damage rate down to the average for for freight, but it does take work.

65% sounds a bit "overstated". The worst truckload we ever had, which was over 4 years ago, was at about 7%. Currently we're under 1%. Regardless, the covers are insured.

I do have a question for those who have bought covers online. Have you had any troubles with shipping damage to the cover? We used to try to get covers in for people shipped common carrier, and its not worth it, about 65% of them would come in damaged. Now we bring in covers with our spas. I think online would be a great place to get them, but I would be leery of shipping damage.

The trick is in training the shipping company. Literally! We use one national company and have worked closely with them to put together a "standard handling procedure" for handling spa covers.

I will vouch for that - I have purchased covers from RHtubs and to my utter amazement NONE arrived with frieght damage.

Warning and beware!!!! Don't buy anything from THECOVERGUY.COM or THECOVERGUY.CA. I had a very bad experience with them. They just took your money and runaway. They won't return your call or email plus the cover is not worth a dime. Their guarantee or return policy is totally bullshit because you can't call, email, or contact them in any possible way.

Warning and beware!!!! Don't buy anything from THECOVERGUY.COM or THECOVERGUY.CA. I had a very bad experience with them. They just took your money and runaway. They won't return your call or email plus the cover is not worth a dime. Their guarantee or return policy is totally bullshit because you can't call, email, or contact them in any possible way.

sunstar makes an excellent cover and has templetes for alot of spa's. Just give them the year make and model or dimensions including a radius corner if available.

• 3 weeks later...

This guy is telling the truth! I spent $340 on a new cover. It was manufactured to the wrong dimensions and they refuse to return my calls! Still not sure about what recourse I have. They are a SHAM! RUN AWAY!!!

• 4 weeks later...

:)The Cover Guy is the Best!

We bought our hot tub cover and a hot tub cover lifter from The Cover Guy at www.thecoverguy.com and unlike the previous post had a great experience. Ordering on thier site was easy, price was excellent, cover is way better than my original, and it arrived sooner than expected. They kept us updated with e-mails at every stage of the process, just an overall great experience. I would give them a high recomendation and would be happy to tell anyone I know to use their service.

As far as the original question obviously I recomend The Cover Guy who I believe has a walk on cover, but I have also seen aluminum covers, not the best looking cover, but might stand up to people walking on it better.

We as well had a fantastic online experience with www.thecoverguy.com

Fantastic quick customer service and the best price on the internet. I was reading an article in a high regarded monthly newsletter on various different products from TV's to cars and The Cover Guy's covers was rated as the best bang for the buck cover anywhere with the most user freindly website. That impressed us even after the fact that we already bought. I was ready to buy shares in The Cover Guy after I read that.

We are very happy with our cover.

• 3 weeks later...

We as well had a fantastic online experience with www.thecoverguy.com

Fantastic quick customer service and the best price on the internet. I was reading an article in a high regarded monthly newsletter on various different products from TV's to cars and The Cover Guy's covers was rated as the best bang for the buck cover anywhere with the most user freindly website. That impressed us even after the fact that we already bought. I was ready to buy shares in The Cover Guy after I read that.

We are very happy with our cover.

TheCoverguy.com is bunch of low life!! how low are they getting down?

For those people read this post, Thecoverguy.com is trying to block my post. I am telling the truth and there many people had been contacted me through email. They want to find out how they can get their money back because these people suffered the same problem that I had with thecoverguy. Thecoverguy.com took their monies and mines and ran away. I want to warn everybody from every web sites and theCoverguy are trying to remove my post. I am not doing this for money. I just want everybody to know how they operate. If you decided to buy their cover, then it is your own lost.

If you have or had problems with the coverguy.com or .ca dont blame the cover manufacture. Only for the fact that they get their covers from HST Synthetics I have personally dealt with them for 8 years so have the other dealers in our area and in southern Ontario without problems.

If you have to buy a cover go to your local dealer or Order one up from Doc

*90% of wrong covers are usually from bad measuring or inaccurate info from the home owner.