? Thermo Spas

jennaemac

ThermoSpas' date='Nov 6 2006, 11:07 AM' post='15550'

...I have been working at ThermoSpas for about a year now. ...

...As far as sales staff go, I cannot comment on what they have said during in home sessions....

...When you're buying a hot tub, you need HOURS to really decide what you want and decide how each component can enhance your pleasure or relaxation. Without doing that in the comfort of your own home and without a site inspection, we really don't think you would fully get the attention you deserve....

...Another comment I saw was a price range issue. We actually get a lot of comments on this, and I would assume most hot tub companies do....

...I have tried myself to get prices off the web for hot tubs, and I have only found a range. I have a great deal of interaction with the owner and other top level people at ThermoSpas, and the reason we do this goes back to the fact that we do offer a customized spa. It's impossible to pin-point exactly what the price would be on a customized hot tub. Yes, if you go to home depot or something, you can see a hot tub at a set price. But you're really just buying something "cheaper". They're not even close to the quality we offer, nor are you going to find people who are truly knowledgeable about it either...

...Lastly, I saw a lot of problems with people talking about the warranty and service. I will actually bring up and forward this conversation to open a discussion about the warranty and see if I can get some solid answers for you all. One thing I do like about working here is that it a company where everyone has a say and can get involved as long as it helps the customer. ...

We provide excellent phone support and in-home support. But we are also trying to increase our service presence on the web. So if people have any problems or questions about our tubs, 90% of the time they can easily find their answer....

I thinned out your response to a few lines that caught my eye.

You've been working at Tspas for a year? In what capacity?

Not being able to comment on the in home sales presenation is a huge hole. That's one of the biggest concerns reported by folks shopping Tspas. By far, the #1 isssue is the hard sell. I wish you were able to comment on it.

aso I think it would be very very easy to pinpoint the exact price of a spa. If it is so hard to pinpoint, why do people report receiving severall prices on the same spa, equiped the same? The priceing is a sham. YOu know it. Dancing around it lessens your credibility on anything else you say.

It takes hours to pick out a spa? I know folks who spend months. It takes weeks at the least to really pick out a spa. How can a customer really decide on what enhances thier pleasure if they can't wet test? Or even put thier hand in front of a jet and feel it?

You mention quality and jump to The Home depot spas. How are your spa's superior? Do you have a model thats under $5? How does that specific model compare to the home depot models?

Specifically, How do they compare to the other tubs, that are actually closer in price to Tspas? Say, Arctic, Hotspring, Sundance?

As far as service go, are the folks who show up at a customers house Thermal Spa employees? Or just repair men? Are they factory trained?

Thanks,

You hit on a lot of areas, so hopefully we can delve a little bit deeper.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't imply a negative "spin" in any way Tom. What I did say is that;

1) I teach it

2) If you don't have one, you're sunk

Those were my quotes though I did say that dealers need to put their spin on it but I didn't intend for it to be taken in a negative connotation. Sorry if I wasn't clear but in future, please don't assume and put words in my mouth like "totally artificial, unreal, meaningless, mere "spin", when I used no such words to describe a USP. Not even close!

There's only 3 catagories of a USP that I'm aware of.

1) Proprietary Feature

2) Positioning yourself on Price

3) Combination of both

If there's more, I'd love to hear about it.

This is where I disagree.

What you are doing is going through your "sales pitch" like everyone else. The exception being that you are overly concerned about what everyone is doing and slamming your competition. I've been suggesting this to you for YEARS Jim but you don't get it. Consumers are far smarter than you think and slamming the competition as you do is a real turn-off for intelligent shoppers. Focus on your product and let them decide. I understand you have a rebranded line and are using Pheonix Spas with a couple mods and that selling over the internet must be a difficult challenge but the fact remains that there's a right way and wrong way to present your product.

You slander HS and countless others (which is REALLY why people dislike you) on these forums and have driven more people away from your company than you'll ever know.

Sounds like you have a good handle on what you're doing. Let us know if we can help and good luck!

Steve

I don't normally answer this guy, but since he has addressed me, incorrectly, and without any personal knowlege of our products.

First of all we use Phoenix and other companies to contract to build our spas for us to our exact design. They are not rebranded anything. The amount of work that goes into them is immense compared to any of the spas that I have seen.

Secondly, and this is where you get all screwed up and start insulting my wife, is I never direct any of my engieneering evaluations as trashing the competition. I simply state the facts.

IF a company is violation the "ANSI and UL" I have the right and the compelling righteous reason to let others know about it, even if the company that is doing it has more lawyers than God. If it saves on life, then it is worth the risk.

If a company, like the one you used to sell for, makes a spa 'insulation system" that was designed back in 1986 and is selling it in 2006 as the best thing, then I think I sould warn people about such stupidity.

The really funny thing is that I got something like four owners and the technical department of Beachcomber to back me up on this out of date design. That really got you angry and way off base. It was after that that you started attacking my wife and insulting her.

I have been telling you for years that you need to get real and start to understand what I have taught you.

This USP thing is as old as methusula and is in "sales 101" that I learned about 30 years ago. The only difference is that my USP is the truth and facts that are easily verifiable by testing and customers who live with that truth. I believe in my heart that you are the most technically challenged person on this forum. You skills would be better of in some other line of work, because obviously you can't make it in the spa industry.

Secondly, and this is where you get all screwed up and start insulting my wife, is I never direct any of my engieneering evaluations as trashing the competition. I simply state the facts.

IF a company is violation the "ANSI and UL" I have the right and the compelling righteous reason to let others know about it, even if the company that is doing it has more lawyers than God. If it saves on life, then it is worth the risk.

If a company, like the one you used to sell for, makes a spa 'insulation system" that was designed back in 1986 and is selling it in 2006 as the best thing, then I think I sould warn people about such stupidity.

The really funny thing is that I got something like four owners and the technical department of Beachcomber to back me up on this out of date design. That really got you angry and way off base. It was after that that you started attacking my wife and insulting her.

I have been telling you for years that you need to get real and start to understand what I have taught you.

This USP thing is as old as methusula and is in "sales 101" that I learned about 30 years ago. The only difference is that my USP is the truth and facts that are easily verifiable by testing and customers who live with that truth. I believe in my heart that you are the most technically challenged person on this forum. You skills would be better of in some other line of work, because obviously you can't make it in the spa industry.

You call it an engineering evaluation........we call it your opinion, yet we are idiots!!

You see it as violating the ANSI standerd.........we see it as surpassing the ANSI standerd.......yet we are idiots!!

Your opinion of another insulation system does no make it a bad system, just different than what you are selling........yet we are idiots!!

The rest of your post means nothing as it again is nothing more than the way you saw some random meaningless event that happened long ago. And no one knows more than us how well you know "sales 101" because you spew it everyday, and try and disguise it as "fact"

This USP thing is as old as methusula and is in "sales 101" that I learned about 30 years ago.

Interesting... yet the first thing you do is take an existing middle of the road product and add some tinfoil and a fan, call it some fancy name and rebrand it as your own? Then mark it up to some outlandish figure and push it via the internet.

Seems you fully agree also with a USP except you can't see that. The rest of your post was mindless drivel once again that isn't worth responding to.

I didn't imply a negative "spin" in any way Tom.

Sorry, Steve - My post wasn't even in the right thread. :blink: Bad day, I guess. I've deleted it.

You call it an engineering evaluation........we call it your opinion, yet we are idiots!!

You see it as violating the ANSI standerd.........we see it as surpassing the ANSI standerd.......yet we are idiots!!

Your opinion of another insulation system does no make it a bad system, just different than what you are selling........yet we are idiots!!

The rest of your post means nothing as it again is nothing more than the way you saw some random meaningless event that happened long ago. And no one knows more than us how well you know "sales 101" because you spew it everyday, and try and disguise it as "fact"

OK, Here we go. This goes back to when Steve came on my forum and was thinking it was safe for him.

When I asked him about the freeze problem with the "protech" Insulation system, BS, he became unglued and started typing in all caps.

As things progressed and because he is such a bad student of science, he actually contacted Beachcomber to come over to my forum and set me straight.

The guy comes over and I ask him how fast a Beachcomber spas freezes when the power is cut. He states as clear as a bell , "less than half a day before the equipment starts to freeze at 5 degrees above zero". I like honest technical people.

After than Steve writes to me and calls my wife "garbage". This protech is the main Beachcomer USP and it is Steve's life blood for sales when he worked for them. This must have ruined him with Beachcomber.

Then on other forums there are people in Canada with dead spas, being told to take the equipment inside to keep it from freezing. I can just see Grandma getting the dog sled going out to unscrew and put the equipment in her kitchen.

That was a design that was tried in Colorado back in 1984 by a local spa company for the same reasons. Easier to install, carry the pack and put it down later. Makes the spa easier to fix. The only problem is it ruins the spas when the pump stops and freezes really fast, because the pumps and heater are sitting out in the freezing cold.

I call it the "box O pumps" sitting out in the Cold.

Because I speak the truth about these idiotic things, I am hated by people like Steve, who is just about the most techinically challenged salesperson I have ever met. He still hates me to this day. He can't get over it and I use it because it works for me to have and angry salesmand hate me that much.

I sent all of his email and all of his posts to his ex-employers. They are ex because of it. He needs anger management and he needs to find a job that does not require any techinical knowledge.

He thinks that USP is some big deal. It is obviously his "god". It is what every product does in advertising. They come up with some "silver bullet" that they think will "kill" the competition, and most of the time it backfires, becasue these things on spas are normally experiments used on people that are wrought with technical problems.

There have been a lot of factory "recalls" because of it.

Let me tell you what works; are you ready, because this is our BIG SECRETE.

We use commonly known engineering principles that are found in just about every school of engineering. You know? Those things called books on science and engineering. You do know about those? We also read and understand the information from the manufacuterers of the equipment. For some reason when you listen to the people who make the parts, and follow their instructions, you get better results. Isn't that odd??

HA! HA! :D:D:D

That is what really works to make spas last, be energy efficient, and not freeze fast.That is our USP and it works pretty darn good. We get a lot of technially savy people buying our products.

I call it the "box O pumps" sitting out in the Cold.

I am not a great big fan of it either Jim. But I did bring one inside last year during a cold snap (10-20 below) while I waited for a part to fix it, and nothing froze. I carry a box to put over the ends sticking out of the tub with a light bulb in it. The part came in over a week later and the tub was fine.

We have a beachcomber dealer here in Duluth he's a great guy. But he has some dopey sales people. There's only one independent service guy in the Duluth phone book and if you call him you get the Beachcomber store (how independent is that?) This is why I started passing out business cards, to get a truely independednt service company around this area.

Hello All,

I've heard a few major questions and here are some of the answers:

1.) No Set Price

Like other hot tubs, the final price depends on all sorts of factors including the size, seating, the types and the location of the jets, seat depth for taller individuals, etc. The list of ways your ThermoSpa can be personalized is far too long to list on one page. In addition, we offer a free site inspection at your home that allows us to recommend a hot tub that fits your space. During the site survey the inspector can also tell

you about hidden costs you may not be aware of when shopping for a hot tub. For example, if

you need to upgrade your electric, use a crane to place the hot tub on an elevated deck, lay a

concrete pad to support the weight of your filled hot tub, etc. Our goal is to be completely upfront

and honest about the costs, so we only present specific prices is when we have fully assessed your

personal situation.

We do give a price range though. The reason we even give a price range is because one of the most frequently asked questions we get is how much our hot tubs cost. So we are just trying to satisfy the demand without being misleading.

2.) Sales staff are offering “offer only good now” coupons

In regards to the coupons: there is one very simple reason why ThermoSpas offers a discount at the time of the site inspection and it can be summed up in the simple maxim “time is money.” On average, a typical free site inspection lasts about two hours. That equals almost half of a tech’s day when you add in travel time. While we want our customers to take as long as they like to decide on the important and frankly expensive purchase of a ThermoSpa, we reward customers who require less staff time. We our very upfront about this fact and certainly think it makes sense for the growth of our business. We also believe it provides a nice bonus for our customers.

3.) Wet Testing

ThermoSpas hot tubs are sold through a select few dealers and a network of sales staff across the country. Because we sell direct to the customer, we are able to eliminate a number of extremely high business costs: retail rental space, full-time staffing at these spaces, maintenance of these spaces, utilities, etc. The cost we save in these expenses we put it back into building a high quality hot tub. We feel in the long run this will be better for the customer, then sitting in a hot tub in a store, which might not even be the one they buy anyways.

On the other hand, we can arrange for you to wet tests at a customer’s home in your area or at our manufacturing plant in CT.

4.) What separates us from competitors?

The bottom line, a much higher quality product at an equal or lower price. We can do this because we eliminate a number of business costs in running retail operations across the country. For the same amount of money you would spend with our competitors, we add some extra features such as “bullet-proof” shells, titanium heaters (versus stainless steel) that last ten years longer, viton seals on our pumps to eliminate leaks and reversible ThermoBoard panels so that your cabinetry will look new for an even longer period of time.

5.) Warranty Problems

Ok I found this one quite interesting, because I actually was concerned that we did not offer a good one. But our warranty is longer and more extensive than most other companies in the hot tub industry!!

Check out the Pool & Spa Living’s 2006 Buyers Guide, it's all there! http://www.poolspaliving.com/Shop/Issues/0...ndspas-bg06.asp

I am not a great big fan of it either Jim. But I did bring one inside last year during a cold snap (10-20 below) while I waited for a part to fix it, and nothing froze. I carry a box to put over the ends sticking out of the tub with a light bulb in it. The part came in over a week later and the tub was fine.

We have a beachcomber dealer here in Duluth he's a great guy. But he has some dopey sales people. There's only one independent service guy in the Duluth phone book and if you call him you get the Beachcomber store (how independent is that?) This is why I started passing out business cards, to get a truely independednt service company around this area.

When any dealer is honest, about their own product and they educate the consumer about the limitations of the product, that is the best. You sould never leave a customer without knowlege of the product.

That way if there is a power out the customer can do something about it. I teach people to use light bulbs, and tarp the doors on full foam spas. But if there is no power then they need some other way of getting heat on the equipment.

Even if it is to take the equipment inside or to cover it with some type of insulation. Anything to extend the time of freezing.

The thing that really gets me is when they leave the spa owners completely ignorant about issues like freeze damage and what to do.

I believe it's time once again to ban Mr. Gruver.... Insults are not permitted here Jim.Please get help!

Steve, if you really don't want people to know about how much you hate me, then stop all the hate. Get some councelling and anger management, because it is way out of control.

You are going around telling people that I am a criminal, emailing customers and lying to them because you hate me so much.

You need to go take a look at you life and what you have become and how this "thing" has so much control over your judgement.

That is the most loving thing I can tell you. You need to stop all the hate, because it is ruining and running your life.

Steve, if you really don't want people to know about how much you hate me, then stop all the hate. Get some councelling and anger management, because it is way out of control.

You are going around telling people that I am a criminal, emailing customers and lying to them because you hate me so much.

You need to go take a look at you life and what you have become and how this "thing" has so much control over your judgement.

That is the most loving thing I can tell you. You need to stop all the hate, because it is ruining and running your life.

Gee, I thought I ask nicely for you to be banned... ^_^

I'm not telling people you are a criminal Jim. I am relaying information found on the www and available to anyone who looks and passing it on to paint a clear picture of the type of man you REALLY are. I'm not making this stuff up Jim. You have over 10 charges ranging from assault to child abuse and more. Stop hiding behind a bible. Do pure, Christen, God fearing, law abiding people have a background like this? It's all about ethics, morals and values Jim. I pray one day you gain those things.

On to spa discussions now...

• 11 months later...

Hello All,

My name is Matt, I work for ThermoSpas and happened to come across this forum while doing a Google search. I was actually very surprised to learn of all the negative comments and opinions on ThermoSpas. We strive to provide a great product and great service to potential and current hot tub owners. We have many, many pleased hot tub customers and it just shocks me to see people with such a negative opinion.

If you have any questions about our tubs, service, accessories, etc, please let me know. I may not have all the answers on some questions, but I'm willing to talk with you all and act as a representative to help alleviate some concerns with ThermoSpas, and to provide some support.

Thank you for your time.

Matt

Hey Matt, how long have you worked for thermospas? I have never seen a thermospa, but, have heard the service on these spa's are terrible. I have seen many spa warranties and would have to say that thermospa's warranty is one of the worst warranties in the business. It has so many holes in it, it makes swiss cheese jealous! It is also highly pro-rated! The reputation thermospas have with there high pressure in home tactics, does not help them either.

Hi Matt

I have a two year old Thermospa, the concord elite model. i've been very pleased with it up until recently, but i consider the problems minor compared to others. the headrest cushions have a thin covering of a rubbery-like material that has begun peeling and flaking. this in turn, i believe, contributes to rapid high levels of TDS (total disolved solids). i consider this problem to be a manufacturer defect. can you tell anything more about this problem.

thanks

tbonefer

Hi Matt

I have a two year old Thermospa, the concord elite model. i've been very pleased with it up until recently, but i consider the problems minor compared to others. the headrest cushions have a thin covering of a rubbery-like material that has begun peeling and flaking. this in turn, i believe, contributes to rapid high levels of TDS (total disolved solids). i consider this problem to be a manufacturer defect. can you tell anything more about this problem.

thanks

tbonefer

Unfortunately, Matt has not posted on this board in nearly a year. I doubt you will get a response from him. You might try contacting Thermospas directly.

• 1 year later...
I too got the "tonight only" special of 1,000.00 off. when my salesman finally finished talking I was shocked at the prices of these tubs. there are a lot of choices and this one is just too expensive compared to some of the top brands.

I don't work for Thermospas nor have I ever owned one. I will tell you this. After doing some research I found out they send everyone a dvd first and it tells you the prices. Also you can go to their website and build one and get a price. Now after you have seen the DVD and KNOW

I too got the "tonight only" special of 1,000.00 off. when my salesman finally finished talking I was shocked at the prices of these tubs. there are a lot of choices and this one is just too expensive compared to some of the top brands.

I don't work for Thermospas nor have I ever owned one. I will tell you this. After doing some research I found out they send everyone a dvd first and it tells you the prices. Also you can go to their website and build one and get a price. Now after you have seen the DVD and KNOW the price why on earth would you have a sales person come out if your not ready to buy? The gall of people amaze me. Sales people are on commission. If you expect anything other than them trying to get you to buy your a fool. Stop wasting good resources (gas) the sales persons time and their cost of mileage on the vehicle. They do everything to make sure your ready to go ahead with a purchase. Look in the mirror. It's you who is rude and crude.

I don't work for Thermospas nor have I ever owned one. I will tell you this. After doing some research I found out they send everyone a dvd first and it tells you the prices. Also you can go to their website and build one and get a price. Now after you have seen the DVD and KNOW the price why on earth would you have a sales person come out if your not ready to buy? The gall of people amaze me. Sales people are on commission. If you expect anything other than them trying to get you to buy your a fool. Stop wasting good resources (gas) the sales persons time and their cost of mileage on the vehicle. They do everything to make sure your ready to go ahead with a purchase. Look in the mirror. It's you who is rude and crude.

Actually you ought to be the one looking in the mirror as you're the one being a little rude and crude (and assuming) here. I know this was your first post here but you really should have kept the guns in your holster until you knew what you were doing.

You responded to a post that was 3 years old. Maybe nowadays T-spas will tell you up front what their prices are like but back in 2006 when this was being discussed a person only found out how ridiculously expensive a Thermospa was when the salesman showed up at your house with his slick sales presentation.

I am still on the hot tub search. I did contact thermospa after seeing there informercial on tv. I also had the free site survey. I was told to plan on 1 1/2 hr to speak with the person who came out.

When the man came out he was planning on selling a hot tub and had lots of stuff. But I was very happy with the information that I recieved from him. We were not going to be able to purchase that night and were upfront with him. We need to get a Doctors opinion on whether a hot tub would help my husband before we actually purchase and will get that information in 3 weeks at a follow up. He continued to be courteous and gave us lots of info and repeatedly asked if we had more questions. He also called the company to get our appointment resch. as to not lose the $1000 coupon. if we did decide to go with thermospa.

My husband and I were completely satisfied. He left us with lots of info and was gone in 30 mins

We have a new Sundance spa, so I'm not in the market for a new spa, however my wife watches the Thermo Spa commercials, and while we're soaking she brings up some of the claims on their infomercials and how do they compare to ours. The two that come to mind is their claim that the foam insulation makes it hard to repair your spa (then why do all the premium spas do this?). Also, they claim to have the unique feature that you can adjust the jets on your individual seat from quiet to full massage (doesn't every hot tub have this?). The website gives you the chance to select how many jets you get, but I didn't see anywhere that describes the type of jets. The website photos show all 1 kind of jet. I wouldn't give up the variety of jets on my Sundance for anything!

I went on their website and it looks very much similar to that company that sells the retractable awnings. Basically, if you fail to order initially, the discount offers get better and better. The fact you can't wet test one in a showroom would be a real problem to me.

And go easy on the vinyl window salesmen! We're not all scum of the earth!

• 2 months later...

I see that this post is a few years old and that there have been a few recent posts. I have a lot of respect for this forum as it has given me a ton of useful and COST SAVING information. With all that being said, I am a proud new owner of a Thermospas hot tub. My wife and i did some research on tubs, admittedly less than we should have. NOTE to all looking for a hot tub - RESEARCH !!! Anyhow, yes, we did have a slightly high pressure salesman - but as mentioned before - he works for a commission. Duh. But he did give us a heapload of information - some great, some slightly tainted. But we fell for the "this price ends when I walk out the door". I my opinion, we spent about 2 grand more than we should have for the hot tub. When we finally got the tub it worked great for a few weeks, but then we ended up with my breaker tripping. I checked and double checked everything and couldn't figure it out. I had the side off trying to see if there was anything obvious and all of a sudden there was a bright green flash and the heater burnt up big time !! i called thermospas service and a few days later the next day air'd a new spapak and heater to my house and sent a service guy to install it and check the whole spa out. We also changed the breaker to make sure it was new also. The service guy lives about 150 miles away so I understand it can take a few days to schedule being in the area. Anyhow, after he fixed it, the breaker continued to trip to which we called and complained up one wall and down the other. He came back up and checked over every single component looking for any error and after 4 hours couldn't find any. I, on the advice of my electrician, replaced the 50Amp GFCI breaker (from a different store) and we have not had a problem since. My electrician said that it's rare, but he's seen where you can get a bad breaker right out of the box, and a second one from the same store - and the same lot number - was bad too. Whether the problem was the breaker or something from Thermospas, they had my back and are simply glad my tub is working properly. So, as far as their service and customer support - I give them a solid A.

All that being said - don't rule out the current Thermospa company, but include them in your research. Keep in mind that they make their sale at your kitchen table, which, if you have done your research and are ready to buy, when they give you that bottom line price, you will know if that is what you want. Comfort-wise it is great - my whole family loves it. But do your research BEFORE you call them.

That's my two cents worth - keep the change.

• 1 month later...
I see that this post is a few years old and that there have been a few recent posts. I have a lot of respect for this forum as it has given me a ton of useful and COST SAVING information. With all that being said, I am a proud new owner of a Thermospas hot tub. My wife and i did some research on tubs, admittedly less than we should have. NOTE to all looking for a hot tub - RESEARCH !!! Anyhow, yes, we did have a slightly high pressure salesman - but as mentioned before - he works for a commission. Duh. But he did give us a heapload of information - some great, some slightly tainted. But we fell for the "this price ends when I walk out the door". I my opinion, we spent about 2 grand more than we should have for the hot tub. When we finally got the tub it worked great for a few weeks, but then we ended up with my breaker tripping. I checked and double checked everything and couldn't figure it out. I had the side off trying to see if there was anything obvious and all of a sudden there was a bright green flash and the heater burnt up big time !! i called thermospas service and a few days later the next day air'd a new spapak and heater to my house and sent a service guy to install it and check the whole spa out. We also changed the breaker to make sure it was new also. The service guy lives about 150 miles away so I understand it can take a few days to schedule being in the area. Anyhow, after he fixed it, the breaker continued to trip to which we called and complained up one wall and down the other. He came back up and checked over every single component looking for any error and after 4 hours couldn't find any. I, on the advice of my electrician, replaced the 50Amp GFCI breaker (from a different store) and we have not had a problem since. My electrician said that it's rare, but he's seen where you can get a bad breaker right out of the box, and a second one from the same store - and the same lot number - was bad too. Whether the problem was the breaker or something from Thermospas, they had my back and are simply glad my tub is working properly. So, as far as their service and customer support - I give them a solid A.

All that being said - don't rule out the current Thermospa company, but include them in your research. Keep in mind that they make their sale at your kitchen table, which, if you have done your research and are ready to buy, when they give you that bottom line price, you will know if that is what you want. Comfort-wise it is great - my whole family loves it. But do your research BEFORE you call them.

I signed up just to respond to this Thermo spa conversation. I't Dec 2009 and will be 2010 in a few days. We had a Thermospa guy out at our house to do a presentation and I was super impressed. He said a bunch of stuff and I said do you have time for me to pull my other research off the internet ?He said he had all day long. I'm in Calif and told him we would not buy without a swim in one. He said no problem , we have customers that will let you go by their homes and try it out. He never hesitated and was making some calls when we said just show us what you got. Nice guy and had written info (brochure-warrenty) and a DVD to watch. He was able to show me with patience and a funny nice attitude all the attributes of his spa side by side to the other stuff I pulled off the internet. I've been in sales all my life and was ready for the high pressure but did'nt get any. I bought the big swim spa and will recieve it in 2 months. I hope it's as good as he says. But on paper it's clearly the best.