? Thermo Spas

jennaemac

We really liked thermospas info when doing research and then when I checked out e-pinions.com, there were some very bad reviews. The complaints were generally very consistent (leaking, poor cust. serv, blistering, pump failures...) but I noticed that spasearch gives them their highest endorsement, and recommends them. I just want to know if anyone has one here and what their experience has been. Ususally, I feel that people with bad experiences are more likely to post an opinion so I don't know how much weight to give e-pinions.com. Any input or suggestions? We hope to buy soon and I'm in the learning phase right now. Thanks!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jenna,

Continue to look and shop around. Hot tubs are exspeive and choosing the right one for you is something to take your time on. The websites that provide rattings and reviews can't be trusted.

Thermaspas have a bad reputation for having very over aggressive sales folks. They make vinly window salesfolks look like amatuers. Many people have reported paying several thousand dollars over the fair price. Additionaly, Thermalspas do not allow you to wet test your tub proior to purchase.

In additionly thier have been mixed reviews on thier customer support.

They are popular, because most folks know very little about spas and see thier commercials. I would avoid them.

Master also has mixed reviews. On another website, there is a current discussion on poor customer service. Master has had a history of participating in a thrid party "Rebate" program that has been shut down as being a scam. They are also know to have high pressured fly by night roadside tent sales. Thier overall quality is debated, and many folks feel they are not a quality unit. I'd be hesitant with Master as well.

Are there other dealers in your area? Have you looked around?

A few rules:

Wet test the tub before purchaseing it.

Never, ever buy off the internet.

Stick to major brand names. Shop around. Ask questions. Shop some more, Wet test, ask more questions.

I think the two brands you mentioned are highly pushed/advertised, and are of questionable quality.

just my 2 cents.

Good luck.

We really liked thermospas info when doing research and then when I checked out e-pinions.com, there were some very bad reviews. The complaints were generally very consistent (leaking, poor cust. serv, blistering, pump failures...) but I noticed that spasearch gives them their highest endorsement, and recommends them. I just want to know if anyone has one here and what their experience has been. Ususally, I feel that people with bad experiences are more likely to post an opinion so I don't know how much weight to give e-pinions.com. Any input or suggestions? We hope to buy soon and I'm in the learning phase right now. Thanks!!

I wouldn't ever recommend buying a spa without dealer support and/or without seeing and being able to wet test the spa first. In regards to Thermospa, there sales tactics are poor and there warranty is heavily pro-rated and has alot of holes in it that will end up costing you alot of money. I would recommend you check out HotSpring, Tiger River, Caldera, Sundance, D1 and Marquis, in your area. I always recommend seeing the "Full" warranty upfront before you buy. Good luck!

I am a fellow consumer and just bought an Arctic after a month+ of research, wet testing, and reading sites like this one. I did investigate the Thermospa line by getting one of their brochures, but as has been mentioned, I was very fearful about buying a product sight unseen. Without wet testing you don't know if the tub fits you, is comfortable in it's seating arrangements, or the power (or lack of it) of it's jets. Pictures and descriptions can look great in brochures, but until you actually see the product, you never know what you're getting. Plus, the Thermospa seating configurations are a little strange and didn't fit our needs. My suggestion (as a non-dealer) is to write down the requirements most important to you in a spa and then shop around to as many dealers as humanly possible and find the one that best fits your needs.

I agree with some of the other writers, I looked into Thermospa and I found too many complaints about their product, including my Arctic dealer who used to sell for Thermo but left since they were having so many quality and service issues, Arctic is also a non-full foam system without the quality problems, so he is happy that he made the jump.

Obviously, there is a great price range depending on features you get and the size of tubs. It's like everything else in life, "you get what you pay for" but I will tell you IMO the brands that graham mentioned are a bit overpriced for what you get. They are the leading companies (in terms of sales) in the industry and maybe feel that there history and name allows them to sell units with fewer jets than other mfgs at the same price. If you're on a budget, I would strongly suggest the Artesian line which seems to make a solid line of product. I found very few complaints against them and would have bought one had I not seen the Arctic, the latter being a more expensive line to get into. Good luck in your search!

Thanks for your fast and valuble feedback!! I was feeling and thinking everything you said, I just needed reinforcement to trust my instincts. We have heard good things about Dimension 1 and Calspas. I know we can get these locally. You are right about Master too, we went to a "hot tub expo" and they were the only vendor there and literally would barely let us leave without commiting to something. I didnt like the hard sell approach and I really didnt like that the expo was publicized as a great place to "shop around" and we find only one vendor there. They were also pushing hard their chemical free system. Now I know no system is "chemical free" but what do people think of these ozonators and is it becoming the standard? Personally, I like the idea of some chlorine.

Thanks for your fast and valuble feedback!! I was feeling and thinking everything you said, I just needed reinforcement to trust my instincts. We have heard good things about Dimension 1 and Calspas. I know we can get these locally. You are right about Master too, we went to a "hot tub expo" and they were the only vendor there and literally would barely let us leave without commiting to something. I didnt like the hard sell approach and I really didnt like that the expo was publicized as a great place to "shop around" and we find only one vendor there. They were also pushing hard their chemical free system. Now I know no system is "chemical free" but what do people think of these ozonators and is it becoming the standard? Personally, I like the idea of some chlorine.

Ohh, I forgot about the Spa shows that are advertised and you go and Master is the only one there. They did this in MA last year, and I've talked to others across the country and have seen the same. Stuff like that really make Master look sleezy. But I bet they sell a lot of tubs to uneducated shoppers.

D1 and Cal spas have many happy customers. Hotpsrings, Caldera, Marquis, are all other names that come quickly to mind. There are serveal others that are gernerally considered to be quality makers.

We're talking about ozinators in another thread, Waterbear's teaching us the technical details parts of it. :) It seems many of the major brands have an ozinator. I have one. I like it. I would recomend one.

You are correct about soaking chemical free. you will need a sanitizer (Usually dichlor or bromine). Many of the routines say "soak chemical free" meaning you add the chemicals AFTER you soak, they do their job and kill the spa cooties (Stop me if I'm getting too technical :) ). but by the time you go to use the tub again (usually the next day), the chlorine levels are very low, and you go back in. I use this routine and have good luck. Other routines have you add MPS before you soak, or have a bromine floater in the tub, resulting in higher sanitizer levels in the water while you soak.

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

My name is Matt, I work for ThermoSpas and happened to come across this forum while doing a Google search. I was actually very surprised to learn of all the negative comments and opinions on ThermoSpas. We strive to provide a great product and great service to potential and current hot tub owners. We have many, many pleased hot tub customers and it just shocks me to see people with such a negative opinion.

If you have any questions about our tubs, service, accessories, etc, please let me know. I may not have all the answers on some questions, but I'm willing to talk with you all and act as a representative to help alleviate some concerns with ThermoSpas, and to provide some support.

Thank you for your time.

Matt

I think you'll find that these just aren't "opinions" but rather knowledge from an aray of people that have had some form of contact or ownership with Thermospas. They are EXTREMELY high pressure when they book these "in-home" sales pitches and I urge everyone to be very careful when doing so.

With over 3 years of actively participating in spa forums, I can certainly tell you that I have heard far more negative than positive with this company and product.

That being said, I have never owned one nor seen one so I want to make it clear that my opinion comes directly from owners and posters on spa forums that have gone through this.

Matt: keep striving buddy! :P

Hello All,

My name is Matt, I work for ThermoSpas and happened to come across this forum while doing a Google search. I was actually very surprised to learn of all the negative comments and opinions on ThermoSpas. We strive to provide a great product and great service to potential and current hot tub owners. We have many, many pleased hot tub customers and it just shocks me to see people with such a negative opinion.

If you have any questions about our tubs, service, accessories, etc, please let me know. I may not have all the answers on some questions, but I'm willing to talk with you all and act as a representative to help alleviate some concerns with ThermoSpas, and to provide some support.

Thank you for your time.

Matt

Hey Matt, how long have you worked for thermospas? I have never seen a thermospa, but, have heard the service on these spa's are terrible. I have seen many spa warranties and would have to say that thermospa's warranty is one of the worst warranties in the business. It has so many holes in it, it makes swiss cheese jealous! It is also highly pro-rated! The reputation thermospas have with there high pressure in home tactics, does not help them either.

I came close to tossing a ThermoSpas sales guy out of my house when, after one too many outlandish claims about his product line, he told us that his manager had authorized him to give us a "special discount" of a couple grand that was good THAT night only.

I think any person who buys ANY hot tub without wet testing it first is foolish.

All that being said, a co-worker of mine DID buy a ThermoSpas hot tub a few years back and was quite pleased with it. He told me about one service call that happened and he was pleased with the end result. In fall 2005, he traded in his two-person ThermoSpas tub for a larger ThermoSpas tub and continues to be happy. (FWIW, this same person purchases a new car about every 9 - 12 months and trades in the previous automobile.)

A fellow down the street from me owns a Thermo spa and seems to really enjoy it. I think it's one year old so I don't know if he has had issues with it or not. I will admit it looks very impressive in his yard! I wil ask him what his experiance has been so far whe I see him again. It does seem to have a interesting trade in policy if you trade it for another in 12 months the give you 80% towards a new one...then a prorated return therafter.

I don't imagine we'll hear a whole bunch from Matt as there's no way to justify this type of weak sales tactic of TODAY ONLY pricing. Consumers are way smarter now and generally don't fall for this BS sales strategy.

I would certainly like to fire off some questions to him as I'm sure many would but I doubt there's much hope that he'll stick around on a forum of wise consumers and spa professionals that conduct themselves ethically. Nothing against Matt personally and I applaud him for his post but representing a company of such low moral standards has GOTTA be a tough gig!

The Thermo Spa product is middle of the road, similar to Sundance, Beachcomber, Marquis, Jacuzzi and all the copy cat spas in the industry with decent shells. Most of the "problems" with Thermo shells and leaks are now about the same as these other brands and they have improved the customer service from what it was. By the way, the spas mentioned above and most spas are all better products than any of the Watkins products for value (value = what you get for your money).

The sales techniques of the spa industry as a whole have givin the industry a bad name. But Thermo is using techniques the are really not good in my opinion. Setting up a "site evaluation" is a euphamisim for "we want you to allow our high pressure sales person to come over and work you."

I have heard of many of these presentations ending with a lot of anger when they refuse to leave when asked the first time. One of my Haven owners told me that he had the thermo guy over and called the police to get him to leave, when they refused to buy rigth NOW!"

I do not believe in any sales techniques at all, except to educate the shopper as best as you can and to describe in detail your products in relation to all the rest, that is usually where the salespeople (and their dedicated customers) on forums get angry with me. Then let the consumer figure it out. If they decide to buy then let them call you back and order. The only closes I allow are what color do you want you spa in. Or do you want me to write up the order? And that is only on the showroom.

On the out of state sales, it is the customer calling and saying: "I am ready to order." Most of these have shopped around, have listened to many sales pitches, and have done the leg work to understand the difference. The most important thing I recommend to all shoppers is to contact the customers of the store or the company directly and talk with them.

I do not own a tub yet, as we are still researching our options.

I have looked at the following brands to date: beachcomber, viking, dimension 1, hot springs, solaras, tiger river, Leisure Bay, three rivers. I have investigated eagle spas, haven, soothing waters, marguis, sundance and thermospa.

Things I have noticed: The spa industry is like buying a car, and that ticks me off. If I can get my 45K truck 100 over invoice I sure as heck am not paying an absurd amount of money for a spa.

Three different prices from two differnt people at one establishment on the same tub

Prices seemed to change relative to my interest

Two extreemly different prices on the same tub from two different locations

I was treated like I was at a Car dealership

Was told "the offer is only good for today, then it is 1000 more"

Was told a price 3K!!!!! over the wholesale cost of the dealer (I could see both prices on the spreadsheet he quoted me from.)

The prices for all in my area are inflated due to the high income earned by people in DC area. I know this because tubs were a dime a dozen the last place I lived for the same item. None of the brands lists a price on their website. (except one) None of the brands offered data supporting electrical usage or thermal efficiency. I am suppose to just take their word, because it is in a fancy brochure?

I want a good product, not something that I will be replacing in 5-7 years, Something cheap on electric usage, sold with a fixed price, and good warranty. I do not want a seasonal price, automobile price or a homeshow price.

So far I have only recieved honest advice from three companys. These three were not in the top 10% of the industry, this tells me I need to continue to be savvy and do my homework.

I do not own a tub yet, as we are still researching our options.

I have looked at the following brands to date: beachcomber, viking, dimension 1, hot springs, solaras, tiger river, Leisure Bay, three rivers. I have investigated eagle spas, haven, soothing waters, marguis, sundance and thermospa.

Things I have noticed: The spa industry is like buying a car, and that ticks me off. If I can get my 45K truck 100 over invoice I sure as heck am not paying an absurd amount of money for a spa.

Three different prices from two differnt people at one establishment on the same tub

Prices seemed to change relative to my interest

Two extreemly different prices on the same tub from two different locations

I was treated like I was at a Car dealership

Was told "the offer is only good for today, then it is 1000 more"

Was told a price 3K!!!!! over the wholesale cost of the dealer (I could see both prices on the spreadsheet he quoted me from.)

The prices for all in my area are inflated due to the high income earned by people in DC area. I know this because tubs were a dime a dozen the last place I lived for the same item. None of the brands lists a price on their website. (except one) None of the brands offered data supporting electrical usage or thermal efficiency. I am suppose to just take their word, because it is in a fancy brochure?

I want a good product, not something that I will be replacing in 5-7 years, Something cheap on electric usage, sold with a fixed price, and good warranty. I do not want a seasonal price, automobile price or a homeshow price.

So far I have only recieved honest advice from three companys. These three were not in the top 10% of the industry, this tells me I need to continue to be savvy and do my homework.

As with the automotive industry, the prospect of purchasing a spa can be difficult if not misleading at times. As with your $100 over invoice on your truck, numbers are just "perceived value". If you truly believe you paid $100 over invoice, you are misguided. We all know, if we took the time to consider it, that these dealerships could not survive on profit margins of 0%. We've all been told this and yes, lied to as well, but it makes us feel good right that we got this smokin deal? And some even believe it to be true! It's not.

The advantage of buying a vehicle is that we can compare based on experience and cross shopping by comparing apples to apples. With a spa, we are relying on a sales pitch and glossy brochures. 99% of spa companies rely on "MARKETING" to sell. Why is it that Beachcomber promotes "Protec" (equip. outside) or Arctic (thermal lock), or Bullfrog (jet packs), or Hydropool (self-clean), HotSprings (no bypass) etc. etc.? Not because these are the BEST...because if you hear the pitch and go shopping, you won't find these proprietary features anywhere else! It's called MARKETING people! Sorry to give it all away! :P It's about positioning themselves in way to not blend in with the market and offer you something unique! Any idea how many Beachcomber's I sold based on that philosophy when I was in retail? HUNDREDS! These are all good products on their own and I would own any of them but I hope my point is clear.

It's not a difficult purchase unless you want to base it on price. You'll drive yourself NUTS! Find a local dealer with a great reputation selling a product with a history. Wet test it and determine if it's in your budget, is comfortable and offers the type of therapy you and your family desire. If you like it, BUY IT!

WHEW... giving away industry secrets is hard work! :P

If anyone disagrees, I would be more than happy to discuss this further...

Steve

Hello All,

Thank you for your time.

Matt

Matt,

Come by and stay awhile. Maybe we could learn something positive about Thermospas.

As with the automotive industry, the prospect of purchasing a spa can be difficult if not misleading at times. As with your $100 over invoice on your truck, numbers are just "perceived value". If you truly believe you paid $100 over invoice, you are misguided.

Well the sticker truck was 45K, and I was working with 36K before trade and rebates. So I would venture to say that is one hell of a perceived value over the guy that walks in and pays the sticker. It took five dealers, but in the end, the honest guy that was willing to make a sale that day, with no games, got paid on the spot, word of mouth and the recurring service business. In the negotiations, I said, "you wont make money on this deal, so you'll have to make it up off of the other customers, but you will be able to move a truck right now, with no effort." Keep in mind Dealers are already making a killing on the trade in side of the house...

The point remains, the prices should not be something that changes, or is artificially inflated from one sale to the next. Especially on the same model, in the the same store, from two reps, three different prices with a $1500 difference in range. 7895/8395/9395---Oh, and it was a Beachcomber. (I was going to leave the name out).

In this country, there is no bartering for most items. the market sets the price and you pay it. You wouldn't buy your clothes or groceries, gas or utiities in this manner why should the high price items be any different? Because we allow it.

Who pays sticker? :blink:

Did they show you an invoice? Was it the REAL one do you think? It won't happen as 2 of my friends own dealerships and I know what IS done. What is DOES mean is that sticker price was there to gouge anyone who didn’t know better. Not someone I would want to do business with personally… I hate the car industry and how they conduct business... <_<

Anyway...as long as you are happy with what you paid right? Just know that there's always better negotiators and chances are pretty good that someone got a better deal than you and YOU helped absorb some of that loss from an earlier deal. It happens to all of us! :D

Your last paragraph is totally correct yet you continue to play the game right? I refuse to barter that way personally. I educate myself, research and then fax my description of the car and package I want explaining that I will not counter-offer. The lowest one time quote will have my business if I deem it a good value. No games, no perceived value, no "below or at invoice BS"... just value without negotiating. This is how I purchase all big ticket items. I'm not saying it can't be done differently or better, but it's how I do it.

What hasn't been discussed is the cost of doing business in a given region. Business costs can vary greatly based on overhead, staffing, freight and the list goes on and on. A dealer could actually charge $500-$1000 more for a spa but make less margin determined by their overhead. It's not an even playing field although it would be nice to believe it is.

Some dealers leave room because the perception is that if you as a consumer don't "negotiate" the price down, there's little value. Others price it based on a blended profit margin and recognize they need to make X number of points to stay in business and will not drop their price further.

I always dislike leaving room for negotiating. This would mean that I would have to ask for a higher price initially (like your truck) than I'm prepared to sell the spa at. If I drop my price, you then know that I was trying to screw you out of money at the beginning and I personally, refuse to do business with companies like that or conduct it in that manner. To be honest, I usually give the people some "extras" that don't ask for it and whom I enjoyed their company during my presentation. THOSE are the people I want to help. I stay firm on the BIG NEGOTIATORS myself but that's just me! :P

Anyway...don't let price dictate this purchase and get get all bent out of shape for a couple hundred bucks. Companies that have been in business a long time don't get there by shafting people. The companies that are in it for a quick buck, make the huge profits and are gone quickly.

Steve

Who pays sticker? :blink:

Did they show you an invoice? Was it the REAL one do you think? It won't happen as 2 of my friends own dealerships and I know what IS done. What is DOES mean is that sticker price was there to gouge anyone who didn’t know better. Not someone I would want to do business with personally… I hate the car industry and how they conduct business... <_<

Anyway...as long as you are happy with what you paid right? Just know that there's always better negotiators and chances are pretty good that someone got a better deal than you and YOU helped absorb some of that loss from an earlier deal. It happens to all of us! :D

Your last paragraph is totally correct yet you continue to play the game right? I refuse to barter that way personally. I educate myself, research and then fax my description of the car and package I want explaining that I will not counter-offer. The lowest one time quote will have my business if I deem it a good value. No games, no perceived value, no "below or at invoice BS"... just value without negotiating. This is how I purchase all big ticket items. I'm not saying it can't be done differently or better, but it's how I do it.

What hasn't been discussed is the cost of doing business in a given region. Business costs can vary greatly based on overhead, staffing, freight and the list goes on and on. A dealer could actually charge $500-$1000 more for a spa but make less margin determined by their overhead. It's not an even playing field although it would be nice to believe it is.

Some dealers leave room because the perception is that if you as a consumer don't "negotiate" the price down, there's little value. Others price it based on a blended profit margin and recognize they need to make X number of points to stay in business and will not drop their price further.

I always dislike leaving room for negotiating. This would mean that I would have to ask for a higher price initially (like your truck) than I'm prepared to sell the spa at. If I drop my price, you then know that I was trying to screw you out of money at the beginning and I personally, refuse to do business with companies like that or conduct it in that manner. To be honest, I usually give the people some "extras" that don't ask for it and whom I enjoyed their company during my presentation. THOSE are the people I want to help. I stay firm on the BIG NEGOTIATORS myself but that's just me! :P

Anyway...don't let price dictate this purchase and get get all bent out of shape for a couple hundred bucks. Companies that have been in business a long time don't get there by shafting people. The companies that are in it for a quick buck, make the huge profits and are gone quickly.

Steve

No! I have a copy of the thermospa 5 different warranties. I can fax them to you if you like, stay away from this brand

Steve

I agree with everything you said in your last post, I just wanted to make sure we were talking about my post and not 'marketing' which didn't have anything to do with price modifications etc etc.

I am aware of the differences in operating cost and overhead, and had taken those into consideration for the areas invoolved.

"Your last paragraph is totally correct yet you continue to play the game right? I refuse to barter that way personally. I educate myself, research and then fax my description of the car and package I want explaining that I will not counter-offer. The lowest one time quote will have my business if I deem it a good value. No games, no perceived value, no "below or at invoice BS"... just value without negotiating. This is how I purchase all big ticket items. I'm not saying it can't be done differently or better, but it's how I do it."

No I don't play the game, that is why I am not shopping at the places that played 'the games' I agree with your buying style.

Good discussion

I do not believe in any sales techniques at all, except to educate the shopper as best as you can and to describe in detail your products in relation to all the rest, that is usually where the salespeople (and their dedicated customers) on forums get angry with me.

This is where I disagree.

What you are doing is going through your "sales pitch" like everyone else. The exception being that you are overly concerned about what everyone is doing and slamming your competition. I've been suggesting this to you for YEARS Jim but you don't get it. Consumers are far smarter than you think and slamming the competition as you do is a real turn-off for intelligent shoppers. Focus on your product and let them decide. I understand you have a rebranded line and are using Pheonix Spas with a couple mods and that selling over the internet must be a difficult challenge but the fact remains that there's a right way and wrong way to present your product.

You slander HS and countless others (which is REALLY why people dislike you) on these forums and have driven more people away from your company than you'll ever know.

I agree with everything you said in your last post, I just wanted to make sure we were talking about my post and not 'marketing' which didn't have anything to do with price modifications etc etc.

I am aware of the differences in operating cost and overhead, and had taken those into consideration for the areas invoolved.

"Your last paragraph is totally correct yet you continue to play the game right? I refuse to barter that way personally. I educate myself, research and then fax my description of the car and package I want explaining that I will not counter-offer. The lowest one time quote will have my business if I deem it a good value. No games, no perceived value, no "below or at invoice BS"... just value without negotiating. This is how I purchase all big ticket items. I'm not saying it can't be done differently or better, but it's how I do it."

No I don't play the game, that is why I am not shopping at the places that played 'the games' I agree with your buying style.

Good discussion

Sounds like you have a good handle on what you're doing. Let us know if we can help and good luck!

Steve

Hey Guys and Gals,

Thank you for the welcome. First I have been working at ThermoSpas for about a year now. And so far is it has been a great experience. When I first came here, I was very impressed... Especially by the factory. They require you to go through a factory tour and walk through to see how a ThermoSpas is actually made. The whole process is really, really cool, and if you ever get a chance to see it, please come down. One thing I noticed a great deal of, was testing. The technicians are constantly testing the tubs at each station or process. It was nice to see the effort behind it. It makes the rest of the employees feel good about the product we are selling and supporting.

I saw a lot of comments on sales staff. As far as sales staff go, I cannot comment on what they have said during in home sessions. There are a few reasons why we have the sales person come to the home.

One is because we do a site inspection right off the bat. Many people want to know where they can physically put their hot tub, and sometimes have the wrong impression where one can go. I have seen hot tub installations that actually require cranes and serious moving equipment. Having a specialist in the home helps prepare for that.

Another is that we TRULY make each tub customized for each individual or family. This process I have HAD a lot of experience with. I have lately been working on what we call the "Design Your Own" feature of the website.

I basically had to learn about all our tubs, and all the options that come with it. Let me be honest. From a work perspective, it sucked! There's so many things you can add, change, swap, etc. Creating a "Design Your Own" was not easy. So, trying to work with a person in a store environment or over the phone would be impossible. When you're buying a hot tub, you need HOURS to really decide what you want and decide how each component can enhance your pleasure or relaxation. Without doing that in the comfort of your own home and without a site inspection, we really don't think you would fully get the attention you deserve. Our sales staff is also the most knowledgeable (besides the engineers) about the hot tubs. They know each tub, option, and jet, technology inside and out. They are heavily trained and know their stuff.

But, like I said I cannot comment on the sales staff's comments in the home. The little interaction I have had with them has been positive though. We do offer a $1000 coupon to new customers though, and you can find that on the website as well.

Another comment I saw was a price range issue. We actually get a lot of comments on this, and I would assume most hot tub companies do. I have tried myself to get prices off the web for hot tubs, and I have only found a range. I have a great deal of interaction with the owner and other top level people at ThermoSpas, and the reason we do this goes back to the fact that we do offer a customized spa. It's impossible to pin-point exactly what the price would be on a customized hot tub. Yes, if you go to home depot or something, you can see a hot tub at a set price. But you're really just buying something "cheaper". They're not even close to the quality we offer, nor are you going to find people who are truly knowledgeable about it either.

Lastly, I saw a lot of problems with people talking about the warranty and service. I will actually bring up and forward this conversation to open a discussion about the warranty and see if I can get some solid answers for you all. One thing I do like about working here is that it a company where everyone has a say and can get involved as long as it helps the customer.

In regards to service, I see a lot of people send us general service emails, or call us for general phone support that requires a quick answer. Some people even get service reps to come out for simple fixes. One thing we are currently very hard on is our service end of our business. We provide excellent phone support and in-home support. But we are also trying to increase our service presence on the web. So if people have any problems or questions about our tubs, 90% of the time they can easily find their answer. I think this will help a lot of people see that we're not just there to sell you a hot tub, but we're here to be "partners" with you during your hot tub experience. We'll not only be a phone call or email away, but you can also find quick answers right away.

Wow... that was a long post. Let me know if you've got more questions!

URL Removed. "You agree to not leave signatures, URLs ... encouraging members to visit a particular website."

"With a spa, we are relying on a sales pitch and glossy brochures. 99% of spa companies rely on "MARKETING" to sell. Why is it that Beachcomber promotes "Protec" (equip. outside) or Arctic (thermal lock), or Bullfrog (jet packs), or Hydropool (self-clean), HotSprings (no bypass) etc. etc.? Not because these are the BEST...because if you hear the pitch and go shopping, you won't find these proprietary features anywhere else! It's called MARKETING people! Sorry to give it all away! It's about positioning themselves in way to not blend in with the market and offer you something unique!"

Great post Stevie, I couldn't agree more. Marketing 101. Distinguishing your product or service from the competition.

Great post Stevie, I couldn't agree more. Marketing 101. Distinguishing your product or service from the competition.

Glad ya liked it! It's called a USP... Unique selling position and although I do agree and teach the concept, it can make this purchase more difficult for Joe & Joanne consumer.

Take an acylic shell, place it in a cabinet, add some jets, a pump and a heater. Not very "sexy" huh? ;)

NOW MAKE IT UNIQUE and put your spin on it! It's not easy but the companies I've mentioned have done very well with their USP.

Even some internet companies have got with the game and are doing the same thing...It's not rocket science that if you don't have a USP, you're sunk! You're then just a hot tub "pusher"... :P