The Slippery Slope.

Guzz

I would like to appologize to any new comers to this forum. This used to be a place for people to come to get proffesional advice for their questions and concerns about Pool & Spa ownership. Unfortunately, certain members of this forum have led us down a slippery slope of unproffesional commentary,from which we may not recover. Anyone veiwing this forum for the first time right now would quite rightly never return. If any of you gentlemen/women out there have any interest in returning this site to what it should be, I plead with you to desist from feeding this fire of destruction any more. It is very simple to do, when the child whines, ignore it!!!

Hopefully it will die down. Personaly, I think we are witnessing the end of a certain entity on these forums. I have it on good knowledge that a person here acts in a certain way to help send business his way. However, I beliver this latest round has been so negative for him, it has permantly stained his name, company and business.

This forum will recover as long as we have quality posters, who I belive do not need to be mentioned, as thier posts speak for themselves. You know who you are. Thanks to them, despite the crazy antics, (which some have been down right hillarious) this place reamians one of my daily stops.

Hopefully it will die down. Personaly, I think we are witnessing the end of a certain entity on these forums. I have it on good knowledge that a person here acts in a certain way to help send business his way. However, I beliver this latest round has been so negative for him, it has permantly stained his name, company and business.

This forum will recover as long as we have quality posters, who I belive do not need to be mentioned, as thier posts speak for themselves. You know who you are. Thanks to them, despite the crazy antics, (which some have been down right hillarious) this place reamians one of my daily stops.

Let me give you a realty check. I subscribe to news relating to all incidents of drowning or maming or injury relating to hot tubs and spas. Most spa professoinals would rather keep that "in the closet" and not let it out.

There have been two televisoin show, just recently on two separate networks covering these incidents.

There was a fire just yesterday in Cape Cod area caused by a hot tub.

If you want to improve the industry then the safety issues and the ANSI safety standards need to be followed.

The number on selling spa does not follow these safety standard, because they do not have dual suction inlets according to the ANSI. Anybody who sells that crap is against the mothers and their chidren in this world, becasue it is just a matter of time, since these idiots put high horsepower pumps on those single suctoins.

If you have a human heart, you would listen to me.

I am not here to sell, I am here to educate consumers to not buy spas that do not follow the ANSI, and I am here to educate the dealers of these spas to change brands or do something else with their lives.

I have posted the ANSI standard on here about 50 times and photos of all the spas I can find and all of them except for Hot Spring are built with dual suctions on each pump.

Don't have any concerns for the lives of children?

I have posted the ANSI standard on here about 50 times and photos of all the spas I can find and all of them except for Hot Spring are built with dual suctions on each pump.

IPB Image

There are two suctions for each jet pump, and each one has a filter, a filter retainer, and a standpipe on it. Also, they are separated from the bathing area for maximum safety and effectiveness. Look with your own eyes.

B)

Why doesn't Hotspring just sue the ass of this moron and be done with it. They could put him under in a bat of an eye. I realize (like Hotspring) that Jim is a nobody but he is a cancer and the only way to deal with a cancer is to remove it totally. I'll provide the dull knife! :D

Let me give you a realty check. I subscribe to news relating to all incidents of drowning or maming or injury relating to hot tubs and spas. Most spa professoinals would rather keep that "in the closet" and not let it out.

There have been two televisoin show, just recently on two separate networks covering these incidents.

There was a fire just yesterday in Cape Cod area caused by a hot tub.

If you want to improve the industry then the safety issues and the ANSI safety standards need to be followed.

The number on selling spa does not follow these safety standard, because they do not have dual suction inlets according to the ANSI. Anybody who sells that crap is against the mothers and their chidren in this world, becasue it is just a matter of time, since these idiots put high horsepower pumps on those single suctoins.

If you have a human heart, you would listen to me.

I am not here to sell, I am here to educate consumers to not buy spas that do not follow the ANSI, and I am here to educate the dealers of these spas to change brands or do something else with their lives.

Don't have any concerns for the lives of children?

Jim,

Will you share the name of the manufactuer of the hot tub on Cape Cod that caused a fire, please?

They style of your posts once again indicate that it might be a Hotspring. However, I have little doubt that if it was you would be holding a parade right now.

Why do you keep repeating the ANSI stuff? YES we have read your posts. For me, it was as if a 6 year old was in here repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over again, to the point where as you just wanted to send the child to his room.

You received some very intteligent responses to your concerns yet, you ignore them and keep repeating the same lines. Perhaps, with your vast inttelect you could find another means of comunicating and address the topics and counter points that have been brought to your attention? How would that work for you?

But please, if you are here to shed light and educate consumers, please educate us on what brand of tub it was the caught fire. Additionaly several posters have sited a situation in your own tubs, that despite your testiments to safety have exhibited a rather frightening, very unsafe condition. I wish you would intellegiently repsond to that.

Why doesn't Hotspring just sue ... this moron and be done with it.
Sue who? If he was of any importance whatsoever, I'm sure they would.

The entire article from http://www.capecodtoday.com/blogs/index.ph..._wellfleet_fire

FALMOUTH - An apparent malfunction in a hot tub sparked a fire on the deck of a Falmouth Home Early Monday morning. The homeowner had extinguished the flames at the home in the Ballymeade development when firefighters arrived about 5:45 AM. The fire was confined to the deck and there was no damage to the house and no one was injured. Posted on 8/28 at 3:30 PM.

And don't forget.................

As quoted DIRECTLY from ANSI;

The provisions of this specification are not

intended to prevent the use of other designs

provided that any variation from the

specifications in this standard provide the

required quality, strength, durability and

safety for the intended use and are approved

by the authority having jurisdiction.

The entire article from http://www.capecodtoday.com/blogs/index.ph..._wellfleet_fire

FALMOUTH - An apparent malfunction in a hot tub sparked a fire on the deck of a Falmouth Home Early Monday morning. The homeowner had extinguished the flames at the home in the Ballymeade development when firefighters arrived about 5:45 AM. The fire was confined to the deck and there was no damage to the house and no one was injured. Posted on 8/28 at 3:30 PM.

I'm slow today! I didn't get it until I clicked the link: what Doc posted above IS the whole article. No mention of type of tub, whether the fire started in a gas-fired heater, if the tub was UL listed, ETL listed, homebuilt or made out of bamboo and chewing gum by a DIY homeowner with a booklet about 'how to build your own tub for $10.'

Thanks Doc.

And a good % of fires I've seen that "apparantly" started from the spa turn out to be from the wiring running to, into, or where connected to the spa. e.g. caused by the person that wired up the spa. I've also seen the cause to be damage caused by, as term say, varmits. Or is it vermits?

I'm slow today! I didn't get it until I clicked the link: what Doc posted above IS the whole article. No mention of type of tub, whether the fire started in a gas-fired heater, if the tub was UL listed, ETL listed, homebuilt or made out of bamboo and chewing gum by a DIY homeowner with a booklet about 'how to build your own tub for $10.'

Thanks Doc.

And a good % of fires I've seen that "apparantly" started from the spa turn out to be from the wiring running to, into, or where connected to the spa. e.g. caused by the person that wired up the spa. I've also seen the cause to be damage caused by, as term say, varmits. Or is it vermits?

A certain person seems to think we care that a tragic fire (that hurt no one and very little property, alledgely caused by a hot tub of some unknown brand, matters to anyone except him. I read about a lamp starting a fire right here in our own town!!! Shut down the lamp factorys and recall the lamps. This is serious!!!

With 16 Ka-Trillion hot tubs out there problems are going to arise, they do on all things man made including this certain posters product. Unsafe is all around us and it comes in many many forms.

Another thread destroyed by one post and me feeding the stupididty fire.

Now this is entertainment, watching the self destruction of a man.

I think I was thinking "vermin"............ but varmits it is (you did mis-spell that didn't you? Or is it just some Texan spelling?.. not like an "e" on the end of potato.)

Varmints. Critters are children. Giblets are naughty parts.

Terminator

Another thread destroyed by one post and me feeding the stupididty fire.

It is amazing what half truths, insinuations and taking everything out of context can do. Welcome to the world of "Desperation Marketing", I guess.

I think I was thinking "vermin"............ but varmits it is (you did mis-spell that didn't you? Or is it just some Texan spelling?.. not like an "e" on the end of potato.)

There is noe E on the end of potatoe. As far as I knoe.

I'm quite certain this is a word that was NEVER on any spelling test I took as a child.............. however, I just ran it through a number of spell checkers, and, ok, so I owe you more beer when we get to Vegas.....

V A R M I N T

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermin

Varmit is what happens when you read Little Sombrero's posts.

Terminator

hmmmmmmm, I modified my post, but it didn't go through........ oh well

FORGET THE BEER BUDDY. I checked your wikipedia.......

"Varmint" is an American colloquialism which describes farm pests which raid farms as opposed to infest farms: mainly predators such as foxes and coyotes, sometimes even wolves; but also (to a lesser degree) herbivores and burrowing animals which directly damage crops and land."

Now I assure you I AIN'T NEVER heard of no fox, coyote or wolf (other than in sheep's clothing) starting a spa fire.

On the other hand;

"Vermin" is a pejorative word given to animals which are considered by users of the word to be pests or nuisances,"

There's a special new freeze dried water you can pick up from many spa stores across the country. Just dump the bottle of freeze dried water into your spa before filling. Add water to activate it and you should be good to go.

I believe it's manufactured by a company named Watkins.

I am developing a Jim allergy. What can I put in my water to take care of it permanently?

Thanks.