Lights Out?

Do you use your spa's lighting?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you turn on the spa's lighting (at night of course)

• Yes, we use it every time we are in the spa.
    • Often, most of the time
    • Rarely, only some times
    • We never use it

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 150 views it looks like about 1/3 of the folks never use their lighs. Might be good info for someone considering paying extra for a fancy lighting package.

I wonder if it matters what kind of lighting you have?

Also nearly 1/2 use their light(s) often.

We have 4 led's and tend to like the setting number 10 which is a slow change through the colour spectrum.

After 3 weeks use, on reading another thread, it occours to me that I have not once turned on the lights in the spa other then to see if they work?

I can't see why I would use the light, unless maybe entertaining in the tub?

Do you use yours?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but why WOULDN'T you use the lights? I think the lights are a huge part of the experience, when using one at night.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but why WOULDN'T you use the lights? I think the lights are a huge part of the experience, when using one at night.

So your night eyes adjust better to see the deer walking by and there is no distraction fom the millions of stars and Northern Lights out side here in Northern Minnesota.

So your night eyes adjust better to see the deer walking by and there is no distraction fom the millions of stars and Northern Lights out side here in Northern Minnesota.

Ok, I can certainly see times when you wouldn't want to use them, but never turning them on? I don't get it.

Ok, I can certainly see times when you wouldn't want to use them, but never turning them on? I don't get it.

Don't get me wrong I turn them on to get in and out.

The only times I ever turn on the lights are (1) as a courtesy for a guest so they can see their way in/out of the tub (once they're situated comfortably I turn the lights off) and (2) if a guest wants to see all the horns and whistles that my tub has. I seldom use the jets, either. Only use 'em when I'm sore after a workout or long bike ride. I prefer to sit out in the tub, quietly, under a moonlit sky due in part (I suspect) to my early-on experiences of hot springs soaks after a long day of backpacking.

I only use them to get in or out,, also had them on when we had company over.. but would rather have them off,, better visibility to see whats around,, deer or the bear coming threw.. but in the summer its been because the light seems to attract all the bugs,, keeping it off I get little to no bugs in the water.. on I get dozens of bugs in the first minute.. not fun to keep flicking them out and the bigger beetles don't feel good grabbing onto you when they are trying not to drown..

Huh, I thought I had posted when I voted a few weeks ago... I sound like smilinbare, I rarely use the lights or the jets. I prefer the warm water while looking at the stars too. No Deer or bears around here, but it is still nice to look around.

To each their own though. I am already thinking of my next tub being a round wood tub, with minimal lights or jets, but 4 foot deep!

:D I agree.

........I, too, was looking at lights and waterfalls when I was researching my recent tub purchase....but after 2 months of use, I realize I have the best light system of them all!

Where? I just turn off all the fancy lights and waterfalls, and gaze at the stars!

Best lighting system ever. :)

Enjoy! Randy

Our lights will be that kind of 'constellation lighting' effect and you can have them go through the 6 colors. I think I'll like them and so will the kids, but my husband says he'd rather have them off so he can go in his 'birthday suit' and not have the neighbors notice. I'm not that daring since we haven't gotten our privacy fence on the deck yet.

That's my two cents.

Anne

• 1 month later...

A little further south than you, but we enjoy the stars also. No deer walk by, but a pheasant, coyote, skunk, racoon, or farm cat might visit on rare occasions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sailing faith Quote: "My spa has a 100w flood light... "

Maybe thats why you don't like you're light!

I use mine but i'm still in the honeymoon phase (playing with all the features) Have three diff light levels. Does anyone know if the LED's are retro-fittable? that would be cool.