Vita Spas

medic

Hi medic. I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having. Is Vita spa a member of the BBB? If so, you might be able to use them to mediate the problem. I'm new to the spa world, what causes blisters? Is vita rebuilding your tub or just giving you a whole new one? Could you explain exactly what they are they referring to as upgrades? It's interesting that their warranty states a spa of equal value.....not greater value! If it's a spa of equal value, you shouldn't have to pay the $3,500. I think it's bad enough you have to pay to return the old spa and get a new one delivered.

Don't waste your time with the BBB contact a lawyer and your Attorney General's office. Ask to speak to the Consumer Protection Unit (Fraud Division). If you haven’t already done so, mail a certified letter to the manufacture and dealer documenting your complaint include a copy of the warranty, phone calls,emails, dates, etc.

I feel your pain since I’m going through a similar issue.

Good luck and don’t give up.

I was thanked by the people who work for vita I had sent this too because they had not heard of this issue...I am assuming they have helped?? Are things looking better or no? I was told later by the rep the 3500 came from them having a LOADED spa instock, including led, stereo, a 3rd jet pump ect ect ect that yours didnt have...but was told if you took same spa you had they would replace it...just an outsider hoping they have made you happy

Well, talk about bad luck. After much research on this forum, listening to those that warned us of all the issues we would have, we decided not to purchase a spa from Costco.

We thought we were lucky to find a used Vita Rendezvous at a local Vita dealer. They claimed the 2005 tub that was "the owners' tub" and he was just upgrading, the only reason he was selling the spa (ya right). If this blister issue (we only have 4-5 smaller blisters) is not just isolated to the 2004s?? Unfortunately we have the almond pearl acrylic tub

See the full description here: http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...21&hl=tsand

Unfortunately it wouldn't matter, since Vita Spas warranties are not transferable.

We have only a 1 year warranty from the dealer and we are emptying the tub for the first time next week, so if we have more blisters, we may be in some unpleasant hot water with this spa.

Wish we would have known about this issue, we would have never bought the Vita. Several people on this site spoke very highly of Vita. At this rate, Costco's return policy is looking better everyday. Looks like dealing with dealers and paying their high prices doesn't protect consumers in Vita's case.

Wish us better luck!

Thanks Tsand

Tsand, I'm confused, are you saying that you have bubbles in this tub. :o How much did you pay. Hopefully a very low price. Can you buy an extended warranty? :huh:

You where told about the blems before you bought it. members here told you to look out for that kind of stuff(looks bad) (id be worried about the blisters). you bought a bad tub at a very deep discount and want us to feel bad for you.

Its not going to happen.

104 degrees,

Not looking for you to feel bad for me (I know that is not in your DNA). I am working to inform others that working with a spa dealer can be as risky (or more risky as in Medic’s case) than purchasing a spa from Costco/SamsClub with their great return policy.

Vita is not honoring their warranty for Medic.

My dealer may have lied to me about my tub. They told me that the owner of the dealership wanted to get a new Rendezvous, they were trading up. I hope my dealer didn’t dump a $5000 spa on an unsuspecting customer because Vita wouldn't honor the shell warranty on a/his tub, that I ultimately purchased.

As for buying a bad tub at a very deep discount, that is simply not true. We paid $5000 for a 2 year old tub that many on this forum said would cost about $8500 new. This depreciation was in line with other used tubs we found on Craigslist in our area. Also, we love the Rendezvous; it has all the features we wanted.

As for telling us there were shell issues, it isn’t like I didn’t see them when we initially looked at the tub, as the tub was empty in the show room. They told me the bubbles were cosmetic only and that they would fix them by injecting an adhesive into the bubbles so they would not break or pop causing a sharp area or causing any other damage (very rare they said). They also told me more bubbles would be covered under a 1 year warranty with the dealership, not the manufacturer (Vita’s warranties are not transferrable to new spa owners).

I hope Vita steps up to the plate for Medic. If you are looking for a tub I would recommend the Rendezvous, if you can get past what Vita is doing to Medic. It is really a great tub so far. In the end, a compay has to live up to their warranties or they will not exist in a competitive marketplace.

Thanks to everyone else for your assistance and ideas.

Tsand

Vita is not honoring their warranty for Medic.

My dealer may have lied to me about my tub. They told me that the owner of the dealership wanted to get a new Rendezvous, they were trading up. I hope my dealer didn't dump a $5000 spa on an unsuspecting customer because Vita wouldn't honor the shell warranty on a/his tub, that I ultimately purchased.

As for buying a bad tub at a very deep discount, that is simply not true. We paid $5000 for a 2 year old tub that many on this forum said would cost about $8500 new. This depreciation was in line with other used tubs we found on Craigslist in our area. Also, we love the Rendezvous; it has all the features we wanted.

As for telling us there were shell issues, it isn't like I didn't see them when we initially looked at the tub, as the tub was empty in the show room. They told me the bubbles were cosmetic only and that they would fix them by injecting an adhesive into the bubbles so they would not break or pop causing a sharp area or causing any other damage (very rare they said). They also told me more bubbles would be covered under a 1 year warranty with the dealership, not the manufacturer (Vita's warranties are not transferrable to new spa owners).

I hope Vita steps up to the plate for Medic. If you are looking for a tub I would recommend the Rendezvous, if you can get past what Vita is doing to Medic. It is really a great tub so far. In the end, a compay has to live up to their warranties or they will not exist in a competitive marketplace.

Thanks to everyone else for your assistance and ideas.

Tsand

You need to look at the dealer before you buy. I think you get a better tub at a dealer then at costco or any other internet sales.

Dealers are bad and good and you got a bad one.you didnt get things writen down and thats your fault.

To say dealer sold tubs are bad becuse you are learning a hard lesson is wrong. people bring back Costco type tubs for Leaks,not running or high energy use and so on. yours was a bummer tub from the begining and you didnt lisen to others when they warned you.

Hope it works out for you. Happy thanksgiving

You need to look at the dealer before you buy. I think you get a better tub at a dealer then at costco or any other internet sales.

I think that Medic would disagree? Lets as him/her.

Dealers are bad and good and you got a bad one.you didnt get things writen down and thats your fault.

Actually, if you would re-read my post, you will note that I did get a written 1 year warranty from the dealer. My issue is that, while its not yet known, my dealer may have dishonestly misrepresented the tub I purchased because he could not get Vita to honor their shell 10 year warranty. Time will tell. But you are correct on one point here, there are good and bad dealers and I MAY have gotten a bad one

To say dealer sold tubs are bad becuse you are learning a hard lesson is wrong. people bring back Costco type tubs for Leaks,not running or high energy use and so on. yours was a bummer tub from the begining and you didnt lisen to others when they warned you.

I am not saying that dealer sold tubs are bad. Let me quote myself from my post "I am working to inform others that working with a spa dealer can be as risky (or more risky as in Medic’s case) than purchasing a spa from Costco/SamsClub with their great return policy." I never said that dealer sold tubs are bad. You are correct that I was warned on this forum that some bubbles could be a problem. Looking back, maybe I should have walked away from the deal? I had no idea that the problem was a larger issue for Vita. I thought it was, just as the dealer said, a few cosmetic bubbles that should not get larger and will not affect the tub.... Bad timing? If I would have waited and read Medic's posts, then I would have definately walked away.

Hope it works out for you. Happy thanksgiving

Thanks for your kind words. I have some small amount of faith that things will work out. I love our tub, and I say this while admitting that I have never liked hot tubs much in the past (unless I had a date, of course). This tub has turned me into a spa "believer".

We will see next week when we empty the spa.

Thanks

Tsand

I was thanked by the people who work for vita I had sent this too because they had not heard of this issue...I am assuming they have helped?? Are things looking better or no? I was told later by the rep the 3500 came from them having a LOADED spa instock, including led, stereo, a 3rd jet pump ect ect ect that yours didnt have...but was told if you took same spa you had they would replace it...just an outsider hoping they have made you happy

Well, folks... As of right now I'm doing the happy dance.. I spoke with the dealer that has the replacement tub this afternoon and he stated that Vita decided to waive the $3500 price tag. At this point I am cautiously optomistic that this has been resolved and I'll be scheduling my delivery the first of next week. I'll breathe a BIG sigh of relief when I'm filling the tub. It seems that between the dealer going to bat for me, the complaint to the BBB, the letter from the attorney, and especially all the help from the certain folks here, that Vita opened their eyes...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!! :D

TSG... My original spa does have the stereo, led's, etc.. it's loaded too. They also never told me that. But thanks again to you and certain others that have helped me with all that you did. I'll keep everyone informed on the delivery and post pic's of the NEW tub once it's in.. ;)

Thanks again, everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Brock

I think that Medic would disagree? Lets ask him/her.

Tsand,

The dealer that I initially bought the tub from was bad. Lots of false promises when the tub was sold to me regarding if there were any problems, he would be right there. Turned out he wouldn't return phone calls, get any repairs done in a timely manner, and was pretty snotty when I was able to get him on the phone or when I would go into the dealership. This is probably why he went under. I was told by the dealer that I am working with now that he had been cut off by Vita for over a year..

The dealer that I am working with now was initially reluctant to go to bat for me. Understandable since I had never done business with them and they were thrown into this by the corporation out of the blue. Since then, he has learned the whole story and went to bat for me 100%. I have no hesitation to recommend this dealer at this point and will give him my business even though he is quite some distance from me. I owe him at least that much for all he has done for me.

Good luck with your drain and the blisters.. I feel your pain. If there's anything I can do to help you (or anyone else on here) out, please let me know. Everyone here was a Godsend to myself and my wife and we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts!!

Bill Brock

Congrats!!! And just so you know, Vita did lose me as a customer in large part because of this. Though, I feel I made a good decision on the Caldera, there are still 3 great Vita spas that are in the back of my mind.......nagging.........I'm sure that will change the day I have my first soak!

Well, folks... As of right now I'm doing the happy dance.. I spoke with the dealer that has the replacement tub this afternoon and he stated that Vita decided to waive the $3500 price tag. At this point I am cautiously optomistic that this has been resolved and I'll be scheduling my delivery the first of next week. I'll breathe a BIG sigh of relief when I'm filling the tub. It seems that between the dealer going to bat for me, the complaint to the BBB, the letter from the attorney, and especially all the help from the certain folks here, that Vita opened their eyes...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!! :D

TSG... My original spa does have the stereo, led's, etc.. it's loaded too. They also never told me that. But thanks again to you and certain others that have helped me with all that you did. I'll keep everyone informed on the delivery and post pic's of the NEW tub once it's in.. ;)

Thanks again, everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Brock

That's great news Bill. Post pictures when you can. At least you didn't have to post a video on YouTube. :lol:

:D:D:D

Well....We're getting closer!! I just got off the phone with the dealer and the new spa is being delivered Wednesday!!! I am going to be SOOOO HAPPY when this ordeal is over and we can soak again. It's been six months since we've been able to use our tub and it's greatly missed. Hopefully, I'll have pic's real soon!!

Thanks again to all that helped us through this dillema..

Bill Brock

:D:D:D

Glad to hear your getting taken care of...sorry it took so long and so much of your time to get the problem resolved.

Tsand, you wouldnt beable to buy a new Rendezvous for 8500...I have never sold that spa for less then 9500 and that was 2 years ago (which was also a very short deal) when I worked with Vita alot more. I am guessing the local dealer bought the spa as a blem model that Vita had taken in on warranty, then resold for muich less expensive then the dealer could buy the spa from...that spa would be sold with no warranty on the shell hense why they resold the spa with the blemishes and not having Vita warranty the spa. It happens pretty frequently...you can usually save around 25% on the cost of the blemished models that dealers take in for replacement....D1 does it all the time with the Ultralife shells because they can sonic weld the shell and resell the spa with limited warranty but for thousands less then the new spa. I think either the owner bought the spa for himself because it was discounted or you were just lied to by the sales staff