Travellingspaguy: Question About Bullfrog

solo

In other posts on this forum, you show your support for this spa. Do you think they are a value? In my opinion, they seem to be priced like the high end spas without the high end features. I actually liked the Bullfrog in a wet test. But it just doesn't seem to be a value.

Do you feel that Bullfrog is on par with others like Hotsprings, Caldera, D1?

what high end features does bullfrog not offer? They havent marketed, and alot of the people I work with really like bullfrog. They havent marketed very well but the only thing they dont offer very good is a nice ozone story. They were actually the first company approved by the california energy council, they give a pretty strong warranty and I believe they are very competitive, thing of all tubs you have seen...how many good seats do they have, if you look at something like a 562 from bullfrog you get 5 good seats

which tub did you wet test? what was the price?

We were actually quite comfortable in the bullfrog that we tested. It was a very relaxing experience. I was nervous about the bullfrog because of how different they are from other spas. I realize that they have patents, but since when has that stopped anyone from copying or making their own version of a product. I am just curious why nobody else has tried the jet pack thing. I do think that bullfrog needs to add some "bells and whistles". The waterfall in the jetpack just doesn't cut it, nor does the plain light. Our local dealer said that really hurts them when trying to compete with other spa manufacturers. I was concerned with the water sitting behind the jetpacks, even before I heard this was an issue anywhere else. I asked the salesman about it and he seemed to think some spa salesman had mentioned this. In reality, bullfrog was the first spa we looked at. If I had strictly gone with wet testing, bullfrog probably would have been tops on my list.

Bullfrog had a problem with water behind the jet pack, they actually added a little hose to push water out from behind the jet pack and add sanitizer behind the jetpack and was told that corrected the problem...other reasons companies havent gone to this method is Bullfrog has put alot of patents on the jetpack system...they patented the clip that attaches the pillow to the top. It would cost another company alot of money to find a way to do this when it isnt needed for the bigger company.

I wet tested the big lounger model whatever that is. I think the price was around $13k retail and he wants $10,5000 or something like that. I would need to look at the 562 to get in my price range, but that spa may be a little small (350 gallons I believe). I'm looking at mostly 400+ gallon tubs. That size just seems to fit me better. But my concerns:

1. The water in the spa at the store had gunk in it, not the cleanest water. The dealer referred me to 2 of his customers to check out their body wand jet packs which he didn't have in stock: one had yellow water and the other has scum line issues. This makes me concerned about the filtration/water cleaning system.

2. Most of the higher end dealers put a circ pump standard. Bullfrog doesn't. Not sure this is a real issue though as pump one on low speed probably circulates more efficiently and gives you a larger flow volume anyway. But it has me wondering why they make it an extra when the other hjigh end dealers include it standard. Gives a low end image.

3. My Bulfrog Dealer reccomends Baqua-spa. He is the only person I have talked to that does.

Those are the concerns i have. Overall, the spa just didn't seem to have the refinement of a D1 or Hotsprings.

EDIT: The other thing is that my Bullfrog dealer seems to keep going back to jetpacks. I don't really care about jetpacks. Once I get them in the seats I want them in, I'm not moving them. So when I want to hear about how many gallons are filtered a day, the quality of the filter and ozonator, how maintnence free the spa is, how long it will last, I keep hearing about jetpack technology. I actually have enjoyed talking to my bullfrog rep, he just hasn't hit my hot buttons with his presentation. I see a neat concept in the bullfrog spa but am not convinced that they have the attention to detail and the fit and finish of the top of the line tubs. I need to be sold on that. Jetpacks just seem to be showroom sizzle. I want the details. So it copuld be that my bullfrog dealer just hasn't emphasized the right things to me in our discussions.

lol shhhh dont mention circ pump someone from marquis may come and yell at you...actually bullfrog offers a circ pump and you are correct that price for the 662 is too expensive. Reason they offer it as an option is because the debate for circ or no circ is always made, they can tell you benefit of both and give you what you like. That yellow scum line probably came from person using Baqua Spa, Baqua stores usually like it because they make alot of money off the chemicals and the water does feel softer but I hate Baqua.

I think the spa is over-priced, that spa should probably be sold for 8999-9495 depending on jet packs and whatnot.

We looked at the Bullfrog and I just felt that the whole jetpack system was too gadgety. The price, not to mention the sizes, just didn’t suit our needs either. I admit to not caring much for any jets because I really just prefer to soak, but I just thought their’s were too focused on something that most people don’t care about.

I'd expect if the market is there, they will become become more popular. I would have never heard of them without seeking out info on the web.

EDIT: The other thing is that my Bullfrog dealer seems to keep going back to jetpacks. I don't really care about jetpacks. Once I get them in the seats I want them in, I'm not moving them. So when I want to hear about how many gallons are filtered a day, the quality of the filter and ozonator, how maintnence free the spa is, how long it will last, I keep hearing about jetpack technology. I actually have enjoyed talking to my bullfrog rep, he just hasn't hit my hot buttons with his presentation. I see a neat concept in the bullfrog spa but am not convinced that they have the attention to detail and the fit and finish of the top of the line tubs. I need to be sold on that. Jetpacks just seem to be showroom sizzle. I want the details. So it copuld be that my bullfrog dealer just hasn't emphasized the right things to me in our discussions.

We think alike on this. I think it’s a great Marketing idea in a time when many spas seem similar so kudos for thinking outside the box of water. You can pick the packs you like at time of purchase and that sounds cool but the reality is few people will be changing anything later and new packs are very expensive to do so; the idea of changing later is not going to happen often IMO.

Some talk about the water stagnant issue but it sounds like they addressed that but I'm not sure I'm a fan of each seat basically being the same height/width so that the packs are interchangeable because I like a spas with some seat variation.

In the end, they won’t be for everyone or me necessarily but they’ve found a place in the market because they brought something different.

In other posts on this forum, you show your support for this spa. Do you think they are a value? In my opinion, they seem to be priced like the high end spas without the high end features. I actually liked the Bullfrog in a wet test. But it just doesn't seem to be a value.

Do you feel that Bullfrog is on par with others like Hotsprings, Caldera, D1?

i wet tested a 562 2 days ago & in my new-be opinion it was nice but pricey.The dealer gave me a "consumer proposal"that totaled about 8500.It seems that the tubs base price is 6200 & goes up from there.The jet packs go from 460 to over 500.The tub was nice but all the seats seemed the same to me.I also didnt like his "if you buy it now" approach.