Is It Worth The Money?

SpaForLife

OK - Let me try again without the web-site or product name reference. I think that prevents the posts.

I am looking to spend about $200 for some artwork that mounts to the underside of my hot-tub cover. It looks cool - but I have never seen it on any of my friends spas. Does anyone know if it is durable? Does it require modification to the cover to mount? The dealer I bought my spa from doesn't know anything about it. The product I saw was called Spascenes (if you google that, you will find it reference.... don't want to risk having the post removed by naming the URL), though there may be other brands available as well.

Anyway - I will likely just find a place to buy one, but found this forum and figured I would look into it more first.

Thanks. Thats what I was worried about. I happened across this product searching for "affordable spas".... and have had a difficult time locating anyone that carries it - so between your comments and my difficulty in buying one - I guess I will hold off for now.

I originally thought this was a forum of consumer/spa owner discussions. In looking closer - it appears most are from the industry. Are there any other ideas on how to hide the cover when I am using the spa? I figure someone out there has come up with some creative ideas....

Thanks. Thats what I was worried about. I happened across this product searching for "affordable spas".... and have had a difficult time locating anyone that carries it - so between your comments and my difficulty in buying one - I guess I will hold off for now.

I originally thought this was a forum of consumer/spa owner discussions. In looking closer - it appears most are from the industry. Are there any other ideas on how to hide the cover when I am using the spa? I figure someone out there has come up with some creative ideas....

A company (and I can't remember the name right now) builds a wooden bar you set right next to your spa. It has seats and you can set your drinks on it, but the cool thing is that it has a retractable, roll-up spa cover in it. Probably expensive, but it might look nice. I really didn't look into it because the cover didn't look like it insulated very well.

Depending on what you have around your spa, you might be better off with a cover that slides straight off onto a platform rather than a cover lifter that positions the cover more vertically.

The easiest way to hide the cover is to buy a bottom or deck mount cover remover and your problem is solved. The cover tucks easily behind the tub. It may stick up about 2 inches above the lip.

Thanks to all for the tips. I had considered the bottom mount lift arm option - but I had already finished off a storage area between the tub and the wall - below where the cover rests. I may look into modifying that - but will also do some digging on the bar/screen option identified above. That sounds pretty cool.

The easiest way to hide the cover is to buy a bottom or deck mount cover remover and your problem is solved. The cover tucks easily behind the tub. It may stick up about 2 inches above the lip.

Thanks to all for the tips. I had considered the bottom mount lift arm option - but I had already finished off a storage area between the tub and the wall - below where the cover rests. I may look into modifying that - but will also do some digging on the bar/screen option identified above. That sounds pretty cool.

Can you slide it onto (or over) your storage area? Rather than lifting, you can buy brackets that let you slide it straight off the side.

I think chemicals and/or ozone would eat it up pretty quickly.

You Think?

Sigh. Yes, Bond, I think. What I mean is that from my experience, chemicals and/or ozone can cause the inside of your cover to get discolored. After a few years my black cover had a giant white spot on it, in the exact size and shape of my spa, directly over the water. Considering that I didn't paint the white spot myself, and the local squirrels are quite talented with finger paints but not that talented, I would guess that the large white spot was caused by chemicals and/or stuff from my spa. So, if the OP were to apply a painting to the underside of his cover, one would think that even a slight discoloration would make the painting look bad, and therefore he/she may not want to pursue that path. And thanks for chiming in unwanted (again) to belittle me with no provocation and to no effect (again).

I think chemicals and/or ozone would eat it up pretty quickly.

You Think?

Sigh. Yes, Bond, I think. What I mean is that from my experience, chemicals and/or ozone can cause the inside of your cover to get discolored. After a few years my black cover had a giant white spot on it, in the exact size and shape of my spa, directly over the water. Considering that I didn't paint the white spot myself, and the local squirrels are quite talented with finger paints but not that talented, I would guess that the large white spot was caused by chemicals and/or stuff from my spa. So, if the OP were to apply a painting to the underside of his cover, one would think that even a slight discoloration would make the painting look bad, and therefore he/she may not want to pursue that path. And thanks for chiming in unwanted (again) to belittle me with no provocation and to no effect (again).

I didn't think the squirells were strong enough to lift the cover?

I was interested in this product after hearing about it, contacted the company and found they keep a 1 year warranty against fading and soon will increase to a three year warranty. seems like a cool product

I have never denied the cool factor... though I am still concerned about the viability given I can call 6 stores and have yet to find anyone who carries the product or has one on display so I can see it. Thats why I figured something must be wrong with it. One shop had at least heard of it and could give me ballpark pricing - though they didn't have any to sell either.

An earlier post suggested availability of a bar with a pull up screen... I can't find any of those either - though I have come across some interesting pictures of hot tub activities while trying to google for that ;) .

Guess I will just stick with gray for now! Keep me posted if you ever see one of these in action.

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old topic, but I thought I would provide an update. I just noticed this company updated their web-site (www.spascenes.com) to provide more information, installation video, and a method of locating dealers that carry the product. Of course, I have tried 15 different zip codes and still haven't found a dealer - but I think I will order one up and give it a try. I will provide details on the good/bad/ugly once I try installing the thing.

I know this is an old topic, but I thought I would provide an update. I just noticed this company updated their web-site (www.spascenes.com) to provide more information, installation video, and a method of locating dealers that carry the product. Of course, I have tried 15 different zip codes and still haven't found a dealer - but I think I will order one up and give it a try. I will provide details on the good/bad/ugly once I try installing the thing.

I'm thinking of doing the same.....I just can't believe there is only one company that makes these! $250 is expensive! I worry that they may be out of business if there is a warrantee needed.