Infinty Spa - Not From Costco

kengorman

Ummm, do you think were off topic yet?

Way off topic...but I find it funny how a position is stated and someone disagrees but then right after another user comes in and reaffirms the original poster. Just makes me wonder how many have alternate logins for this site.....I could careless where anyone lives...

No, we're still talking IP addresses... :lol:

In short john, they can show the posters that use more than 1 log-in name on the same computer. We may not be able to see it but chances are the mod's of the forum can.

Steve

I see now. Thanks steve :D

Way off topic...but I find it funny how a position is stated and someone disagrees but then right after another user comes in and reaffirms the original poster. Just makes me wonder how many have alternate logins for this site.....I could careless where anyone lives...

If we did know all the dealers and manufactures on here, it would make it easy to know what is what.Bull from reality.

John

3. Circulation pump not working. Don't know what this is. Haven't really diagnosed this - I'm waiting to see what Infinity says.

Time to get back onto topic...

Regarding the circulation pump, it is a monster. It's rated for up to 50 gallons per minute and weighs in at a hefty 15 lbs. Infinity definitely didn't throw a cheap pump into this tub.

It's specifications are here:

http://www.cheappoolproducts.com/images/docs/CMHP550111.pdf

and here's a close-up photo.

DSCF8381.jpg

btw, I ended up dropping my digital camera on the paver patio while taking photos. :angry: Time for a new camera. I ordered one yesterday online and used UPS ground shipping. It'll be here in a week. There probably won't be any more photos for a little while (unless I use my mobile phone's camera)

- Ken

You bought a new camera?I hope you didnt buy it at CostCo, because the cameras you get at a camera store are ....blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah . :)

Nah cause in this case he can get the same camera there as he can get in a camera store; same brand and model that is.

Regarding the circulation pump, it is a monster. It's rated for up to 50 gallons per minute and weighs in at a hefty 15 lbs. Infinity definitely didn't throw a cheap pump into this tub.

100-150 I get those 48 frame cookie cutter pump and motors for. But most I work on have them for primary jet pumps and they move 90-120 GPM, A 56 frame cookie cutter will go for 150-200. a bit more for the better ones. But you can also get them for up to 4-5 hundred. There are several levels of pump and motors out there.

100-150 I get those 48 frame cookie cutter pump and motors for. But most I work on have them for primary jet pumps and they move 90-120 GPM, A 56 frame cookie cutter will go for 150-200. a bit more for the better ones. But you can also get them for up to 4-5 hundred. There are several levels of pump and motors out there.

I put a 1300 dollar Pentair Intelliflow in for a guy a few months back (I guess last year can't remember) The most unbielivable pump I have ever installed.

100-150 I get those 48 frame cookie cutter pump and motors for. But most I work on have them for primary jet pumps and they move 90-120 GPM,

Hi Roger,

I got my 50gpm spec from the specification page here:

The BEP (best efficiency point) for this pump is actually 30 GPM.

I don't know where the 90-120 GPM spec you quoted comes from. Regardless, it is a good middle-of-the-road pump none-the-less.

A 56 frame cookie cutter will go for 150-200. a bit more for the better ones. But you can also get them for up to 4-5 hundred. There are several levels of pump and motors out there.

I definitely agree that there are several levels. I was trying to point out the Infinity didn't go the cheap route.

There are some Laing 0.3amp, 4 gpm pumps out there some manufacturers use as circulation pump. The Cal Pump 225ST is a 0.7 amp 4 gpm pump.

The AquaFlow / Emerson pump in the Infinity tub moves 10 times as much water as the lower priced pumps I cited above.

Is the pump as good as a Pentair IntelliFlo with its on-board display, freeze and flow protection circuitry, 16amp current rating, etc? Definitely not.

Is it on par with the circulation pumps that are found on middle-of-the-road (8k-10k) dealer showroom spas? Definitely.

Regards,

Ken

100-150 I get those 48 frame cookie cutter pump and motors for. But most I work on have them for primary jet pumps and they move 90-120 GPM,

Hi Roger,

I got my 50gpm spec from the specification page here:

The BEP (best efficiency point) for this pump is actually 30 GPM.

I don't know where the 90-120 GPM spec you quoted comes from. Regardless, it is a good middle-of-the-road pump none-the-less.

A 56 frame cookie cutter will go for 150-200. a bit more for the better ones. But you can also get them for up to 4-5 hundred. There are several levels of pump and motors out there.

I definitely agree that there are several levels. I was trying to point out the Infinity didn't go the cheap route.

There are some Laing 0.3amp, 4 gpm pumps out there some manufacturers use as circulation pump. The Cal Pump 225ST is a 0.7 amp 4 gpm pump.

The AquaFlow / Emerson pump in the Infinity tub moves 10 times as much water as the lower priced pumps I cited above.

Is the pump as good as a Pentair IntelliFlo with its on-board display, freeze and flow protection circuitry, 16amp current rating, etc? Definitely not.

Is it on par with the circulation pumps that are found on middle-of-the-road (8k-10k) dealer showroom spas? Definitely.

Regards,

Ken

You missing one train of though though The laing pulls as much juice as a 75 watt light bulb and filters the water beautifly if you stir it up once a day after use with the jet pump. The 48 frame in your tub uses almost 10 times as much power and will cost accordingly to operate. I would call middle of the road 5-7 grand and high end 7-9 grand. In order to sell them that cheap (Infinity, Hydro) they would have had to buy a butt load of pumps that were inexpensive. Not that that's a bad thing but there longevity is suspect in my experience. But they are cheap enough to replace.

The spa did arrive with 3 issues -

1. the top side control LED panel is extremely dim. I cannot read the LED segments in daylight at all. I thought it was broken until I went outside later the first night and noticed I could read the display. The display is extremely dim.

2. One of the jets (out of 55) pops out when it is rotated. I have seen other people report this same problem. Apparently, this is an easy fix and Infinity has been sending replacement jets in the mail.

3. Circulation pump not working. Don't know what this is. Haven't really diagnosed this - I'm waiting to see what Infinity says.

Update on the issues. I called Blue Water spas and spoke to Jason. He setup a service call with Infinity (the spa manufacturer) and placed the service request in their online tracking system. He contacted Infinity on my behalf and an Infinity technician called me back. I wasn't at the phone and they left a message. I called Infinity back and couldn't get a hold of the service tech.

We went back and forth over the last two days playing phone tag and I never did get a chance to speak to a service tech.

In the meantime, the main issue with my tub (the circ pump not working) turned out to be pretty minor. I commented previously that the circ pump wasn't working. What I should have written was the circ pump wasn't circulating water. No water was being drawn into the circulatiom pump filter. After a diagnosis, I determined that the motor had voltage and was spinning. I noted where the intake and the discharge were. I followed the discharge plumbing line and noticed it ended at a single mini-jet. I placed my hand over the jet and no water was coming out. Turns out the out face was rotated to have the jet in the closed position. Duh?

A little disappointed that Jason at Blue Water didn't suggest this. Anyway, 1 issue solved - 2 to go. The other 2 issues should be simply in and out replacements. The tub has had pretty much constant use since we've gotten it. I'm hoping that the novelty doesn't wear off and we continue to use and enjoy the tub.

side note:
expecting the new camera any day now - once I get it, I'll post more pics.

Ken

side note:
expecting the new camera any day now - once I get it, I'll post more pics.

New camera arrived. If you're interested, I purchased this one directly from Kodak's web-site.

As promised, I said I'd post pics. Let me know if you have any requests - if there's something specific you'd like to see (within reason :D ) I can snap a photo and post it.

Approaching the back patio, here's what you see. Note that we plan on moving the tub completely off the patio it is on now. We're having a contractor extend our current patio and will be moving the tub. We're probably going to plan more of the tall grasses to give some increased privacy.

100_0026a.jpg

We're going to move the tub to the area marked in the blue square below. The tub is going to rotate 90 degrees. Do my lines and arrows make sense?

bee744fd.jpg

Back view of the tub without jets turned on. You can see where the electric enters the back panel. Note, I had the panel off and didn't put it back. It's kind of just "resting" there.

100_0028a.jpg

Here's a picture with both motors turned on high speed and the blower on.

100_0029a.jpg

And another with the waterfall feature turned on, both jets on high, but the blower turned off.

100_0031a.jpg

Finally, a close-up to show fit and finish. This is where a side panel meets a corner panel. There is no visible gap between the two.

100_0032a.jpg

Let me know if there's anything else you want to see. I'll probably post some night-time shots showing the water vapor rising once the weather gets colder.

Ken