Recommendations And How To Compare?

Beeman

I've had an old hot tub and it's finally given it up. I'm looking to buy a new one this year and would like suggestions and advice on how or what to compare.

What we want is a tub that will be used by only the 2 of us. Jets and bubblers are nice but many times in our old tub we shut them off to just enjoy the quiet soak at night. I have wiring in place for 220v already and would think a 220v would be more efficient. The budget on this is about $3500 or less of course. I do live near where dynasty and Infinity Spas are built but I don't know about buying direct.

http://www.poolandsparatings.com/spas.html

Is this spa ratings site worth considering?

Basically, no. For one thing, the site does not mention how they came up with their ratings. For another, there's little rhyme or reason to the ratings. For example, as others have pointed out before, Jacuzzi and Sundance Spas come off the same assembly line, yet have vastly different ratings in areas that ought to be identical.

There really isn't a proven, independent rating site out there (Consumer Reports has not rated tubs). The closest thing out there is spasearch.org. Their ratings page is listed here: spasearch.org

If you want a decent, 2 person tub, most manufacturers will have something that will probably work for you. Consider (in no particular order) the following:

Sundance / Jacuzzi

Hot Spring / Caldera

Marquis

Dimension One

Arctic

Artesian

All of the above have web sites, most of which will have a dealer locator for you.

I've had an old hot tub and it's finally given it up. I'm looking to buy a new one this year and would like suggestions and advice on how or what to compare.

What we want is a tub that will be used by only the 2 of us. Jets and bubblers are nice but many times in our old tub we shut them off to just enjoy the quiet soak at night. I have wiring in place for 220v already and would think a 220v would be more efficient. The budget on this is about $3500 or less of course. I do live near where dynasty and Infinity Spas are built but I don't know about buying direct.

http://www.poolandsparatings.com/spas.html

It is paid advertising and that is all. Any company that does that is immoral and any spa company who uses that logo in advertising is just supporting a self-destructive life style.

It is paid advertising and that is all. Any company that does that is immoral and any spa company who uses that logo in advertising is just supporting a self-destructive life style.

Wow.......since when did advertising by companys trying to sell stuff become self destructing?

Wow.......since when did advertising by companys trying to sell stuff become self destructing?

hahah that is funny

Are you confusing them with another rating system?

About a year ago, I wrote to the site coordinator at pooandsparatings.com and suggested that they consider revising their ratings. I enclosed some information in support of my suggestion. They complied to some extent.

Here's a comment from site coordinator Jeff Reese: "Our ratings cant be bought like poolandspa.com, we actually do research, not charge bogus fees for 5 stars. We review this stuff every January, and Ill be glad to log your data you gave me and take it into account then."