Pulsating Jets Vs. Non Pulsating Jets

kevinv18

When we were out spa shopping we went to four dealers, HotSpring, Sundance, Dimension One, and Marquis. We had gone to HotSpring and Sundance first and we didn't pay much attention to whether the jets pulsate or not. When we got to Marquis, the dealer said that Marquis spas do not use pulsating jets. He claimed that most people think they want pulsating jets but they later find out after their purchase that they do not enjoy them as much as they thought they would. He also stated that non pulsating jets actually give a better massage. When we went to a Dimension One dealer we asked him if their jets pulsate or not, and he gave the same answer as the Marquis dealer.

Do HotSpring and Sundance jets pulsate?

Is it true that most people end up not liking pulsating jets?

Do non pulsating jets really give a better massage?

Thanks for your help,

Kevin

Hi Kevin - It is really up to you and what you prefer so you really do have to wet test. I currently have a 06 Marquis Epic and I wish they did have jets that pulsate or at least more variety of jets other than three! If I had to do it again I would get one that does have pulsating jets - to be exact Hot Spring as I really like the moto massage. So wet test - I wish I had done so! :(

LOL Kevin your having a hard time arnt ya...people all like different things, I have never heard someone say before they didnt like pulsating jets...I like hotsprings jets because the moto, soothing seven and pulsating jets they offer are all very nice feeling. D1 has alot of different jets to choose from, Marquis I dont know about there jets and Sundance needs to offer more jets even though its nice they're jets will never break

LOL Kevin your having a hard time arnt ya...people all like different things, I have never heard someone say before they didnt like pulsating jets...I like hotsprings jets because the moto, soothing seven and pulsating jets they offer are all very nice feeling. D1 has alot of different jets to choose from, Marquis I dont know about there jets and Sundance needs to offer more jets even though its nice they're jets will never break

yeah kinda having a hard time but i'm starting to get addicted to this forum lol

yeah kinda having a hard time but i'm starting to get addicted to this forum lol

I think you need to just realize that maybe there isn't just ONE right spa for you. You could get a Arctic, artesian, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis, Sundance etc. and proably be perfectly happy with most any of those. Certainly there are some you might not be happy with but I think you're waiting for the moment when you see the right spa and the heavens open. Go wet test the more reputable brands in your area and go with your gut as to which one you like best for wahtever reason (feels best, best dealer, shinyest jets, cutest saleslady, free duckies, etc.). :D

The one thing I'm not crazy about in my Sundance Optima is the lack of "variety" in the jets. The main "captains" chair has jets that move the water side-to-side (with no moving parts -- BONUS!) and it feels great. However, that effect goes away when you turn the air on to those jets -- then they just shoot straight. Most of the other jets in the tub are just straight-shooters...

I have to admit that as much as I like the idea of lots of fancy moving jets, I do NOT like the idea that they eventually fail due to the moving parts. Thats one nice thing about the Sundance jets I supppose -- no moving parts...

I think you need to just realize that maybe there isn't just ONE right spa for you. You could get a Arctic, artesian, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis, Sundance etc. and proably be perfectly happy with most any of those. Certainly there are some you might not be happy with but I think you're waiting for the moment when you see the right spa and the heavens open. Go wet test the more reputable brands in your area and go with your gut as to which one you like best for wahtever reason (feels best, best dealer, shinyest jets, cutest saleslady, free duckies, etc.). :D

I have a history of buyer's remorse. A spa, a place to relax, is the one purchase that I will not allow myself to regret!!!

I have a history of buyer's remorse. A spa, a place to relax, is the one purchase that I will not allow myself to regret!!!

I am the SAME way and can turn the simple idea of getting a new toaster into a hunt, as my wife can attest. In the spa world, I can name 8 or so spa brands that I feel you'll be happy with (some may wet test better than others based on your height/body type and your particular taste) but you can't say that about the dealers necessarily. If you wet test and come down to a couple brands and you're sweating it out over whether to go with Hot Spring, Sundance, Dimension One or Marquis I'm just saying that assuming all those dealers are good there will be no need to play Monday morning QB down the line, they're all good options. Go with your gut and realize that with those 4 choices it's not like you're on Let's Make a Deal and there's a Mercedes behind one curtain and a mule behind another!!!

The one thing I'm not crazy about in my Sundance Optima is the lack of "variety" in the jets. The main "captains" chair has jets that move the water side-to-side (with no moving parts -- BONUS!) and it feels great. However, that effect goes away when you turn the air on to those jets -- then they just shoot straight. Most of the other jets in the tub are just straight-shooters...

I have to admit that as much as I like the idea of lots of fancy moving jets, I do NOT like the idea that they eventually fail due to the moving parts. Thats one nice thing about the Sundance jets I supppose -- no moving parts...

The other larger jets should either shoot straight or give a wave like motion, depending on how you have the inside nozzle. The inside nozzle can also be spun so the wave can go in whichever direction you would like.

I am the SAME way and can turn the simple idea of getting a new toaster into a hunt, as my wife can attest. In the spa world, I can name 8 or so spa brands that I feel you'll be happy with (some may wet test better than others based on your height/body type and your particular taste) but you can't say that about the dealers necessarily. If you wet test and come down to a couple brands and you're sweating it out over whether to go with Hot Spring, Sundance, Dimension One or Marquis I'm just saying that assuming all those dealers are good there will be no need to play Monday morning QB down the line, they're all good options. Go with your gut and realize that with those 4 choices it's not like you're on Let's Make a Deal and there's a Mercedes behind one curtain and a mule behind another!!!

LOL I bought a $17 toaster on sale and within the first week of owning it set two Pop-Tarts on fire. This was because the built in timer turns two minutes into ten minutes, so I started using a kitchen timer instead of the built-in timer and it works fine now. The roof of it is charred but hey it still works. Got a lot out of it for $17 bucks!!!

http://www.apple.com/getamac/works.html

Read the first paragraph. It cracks me up.

The other larger jets should either shoot straight or give a wave like motion, depending on how you have the inside nozzle. The inside nozzle can also be spun so the wave can go in whichever direction you would like.

I just learned that the inside nozzle of the fluid-x jets in the therapy seat of Sundance 800 series spas can be turned for a different massage. Is this something new for 2007 or do older spas have the same feature...say my 2002?

I'm in the same boat: trying to decide among a few different models, and wondering about jets and other things. From my observations so far (with a wet test of the HS line to come tomorrow) the Marquis Epic was nice, but no rotating (I call them rotating, not pulsating) jets. The Sundance Optima, although some of the jets rotated, I didn't think any of them had very much "oomph", although I liked the fact that you could add air into the mix (felt very spa-like with the air, and the small "bubble" jets on). The Colemans had some rotating jets if I remember right, but also didn't seem to have much power. Both of the D1's I tried rank at the top so far. A good variety of jets that can be swapped out easily. I think there are 3 big types, so you can mix and match, probably even order all of the same kind if you are drawn to a certain one. One of the types of big jets just rotates around, and you can adjust it so that it DOESN"T rotate at all, just shoots in a certain, aimable direction. So, lots of versatility there. Even their smaller, rotating jets allow you to turn them on and off (in many spas, the smaller jets are ON only). So again, versatility. But the main difference so far is the power of the massage. I don't know about the deep massage argument from a jet that doesn't rotate. I guess if I wanted that, I could put all of the jet type that you can adjust to not rotate. But, without a good does of water volume and/or pressure, it doesn't really matter if they rotate or not. I didn't feel like the water pressure on the other spas was doing much to my muscles. The D1s seem to me to be a stronger, more powerful action. When I was in the Diplomat, I almost felt like it was too powerful at times. The Nautilus has a variety of jets...good feet jets, one big one in the center that is nice to extend your calf over. The neck jets actually seem like they are DOING somethign rather than running water on your neck. There are four of them, all adjustable on/off, and the neck unit itself goes up and down. The other two types of rotating jets just add to the variety and customization options. And yes, the jets I think are around $20 each, so replacing them (if the bearings wear out) or re-configuring your tub to have more or less of one type of jet can cost money. But again, they are options you don't have in some of the other spas.

I'm going to tryou out a Tiger River Caspian, Hot SPrings Grandee and Vanguard tomorrow. Might even try to get to a Caldera dealer. Then, I've done as much wet-testing as I can do without driving 250 miles away. No Artesian dealer around....I would sure love to try out their concept of one pump for one seat...that makes good sense to me.

Rod

I just learned that the inside nozzle of the fluid-x jets in the therapy seat of Sundance 800 series spas can be turned for a different massage. Is this something new for 2007 or do older spas have the same feature...say my 2002?

All fluidix jets have an inside that can be turned. The inside nozzle of your intelli-jets can be either straight, or turned so that it rotates.

Both of the D1's I tried rank at the top so far. A good variety of jets that can be swapped out easily. I think there are 3 big types, so you can mix and match, probably even order all of the same kind if you are drawn to a certain one. One of the types of big jets just rotates around, and you can adjust it so that it DOESN"T rotate at all, just shoots in a certain, aimable direction. So, lots of versatility there. Even their smaller, rotating jets allow you to turn them on and off (in many spas, the smaller jets are ON only). So again, versatility. But the main difference so far is the power of the massage.

Rod

Thats one of the main reasons why I got an La Spa, it has plenty of power (which is also adjustable) with a good variety of jets. I nearly got a D1 but the La just did that little extra for me.