Keys Spa From Costco

I'm considering a spa. In doing so I'm open to all makers. I'm a COSTCO member because I can ALWAYS take an item back is unhappy..no questions asked. So while looking at their spa, Inoticed they were madde in Garland TX. I called told them I was interested in a COSTCO spa made by them but I need to put hands on it first. They invited down and I went and got to see theire entire warehouse/manufacturing process. I'm no expert by no means but I would buy a KEYS Spa right now if the insulted the shell.

Costco only get in bed with solid companies. So to Keys, insulate it and I'll buy it. IMO

Costco only get in bed with solid companies. 191631

That is far from the truth, they get in bed with companies they can dictate to.

What is wrong with a business dictating to a vendor what it wants in products they sell or in their business relationship? I believe this is how they offer the consumer the ability to bring back hot tubs for any reason....because they have an agreement with the company who produces the product. If that is the case they can keep dictating with them!!

What is wrong with a business dictating to a vendor what it wants in products they sell or in their business relationship? I believe this is how they offer the consumer the ability to bring back hot tubs for any reason....because they have an agreement with the company who produces the product. If that is the case they can keep dictating with them!!

Where did I say it was a bad thing.

If you think Costco is dictating to any of there manufacturers your dead wrong. Manufacturers will cut corners and use cheaper components to make there dollar. They will get there dollar one way or another, with or without Costco. Fact.

If you think Costco is dictating to any of there manufacturers your dead wrong. Manufacturers will cut corners and use cheaper components to make there dollar. They will get there dollar one way or another, with or without Costco. Fact.

All large retailers dictate to vendors...welcome to business 101. 20 years ago that might not have been the case but it is a completely different world out there now. Like I said...if Costco has dictated to the manufacture that if we get back any of these tubs you (hydrospa) will eat it I am sure that is the only way they have the return policy they do on spas. I can guarantee Costco isn't going to eat it!!

I didnt say the manufacturers wouldn't cut corners...all of them do it...any way they can. Take it overseas, use cheaper materials...cheaper labor...anyway they can suck a dime out of it they will.

All large retailers dictate to vendors...welcome to business 101. 20 years ago that might not have been the case but it is a completely different world out there now. Like I said...if Costco has dictated to the manufacture that if we get back any of these tubs you (hydrospa) will eat it I am sure that is the only way they have the return policy they do on spas. I can guarantee Costco isn't going to eat it!!

I didnt say the manufacturers wouldn't cut corners...all of them do it...any way they can. Take it overseas, use cheaper materials...cheaper labor...anyway they can suck a dime out of it they will.

They can certainly dictate the return policy but they can't really dictate the quality nor do I think they are really in a position to undersand the product and it's quality going in. They are experts in sales/marketing to the masses and that's what they do well but they certainly do get involved with some subpar products at times. As has been noted before, they then have the obligation to their customers to cut bait on those manufacturers/products.

All large retailers dictate to vendors...welcome to business 101. 20 years ago that might not have been the case but it is a completely different world out there now. .

Nope...they dictate price by commiting to quantitys and nothing more. The manufacturer dictates the product. This is closer to business 101. Costco says they will buy x amount and they will only pay this much each unit. Manufacturer says no problem and starts the assembly line as inexpensivly as possible to make there dollar.....simple.

Once a few years goes by and everyone gets there dollar, then the failure rate starts to rise and guess what? No warranty left....oops, let the buyer beware everyone is off the hook except the buyer. Costco gets a bunch of complaints and chooses another manufacturer, new and improved Platimum 4 made by ????????? who cares same outcome.

Welcome to the real world and don't let Costco Marketing fool you.

I'm in the industrial safety business and have seen two other spa manufacturing facilities. One I will not comment on because they were a client of mine. The other was Aries Spa in Rockwall TX. Honestly the have have the same process. One may have employed more people but they were the same.

I can't speak to COSTCO's marketing or business goals, I can as a consumer and COSTCO member state that COSTCO was extremely fair to the one time I had to return a big screen TV which I paid $2600 for. Three year after the purchase I took a inoperable with reciept only and was given a full refund with hesitation. Yes, I bought a bigger and better TV before leaving and even had $1000 extra in my pocket.

I'm thinking maybe the smaller spa maker (Aries Spas) maybe worth a try. One emplyee does 1 or 2 jobs and proably has mastered that task. Just a Thought.

Whats odd to me about this post is that, as a dealer I have looked into buying some products from keys and can hardly get though to them..."forget about it" if you want a call returned and yet you were able to be invited down to the factory to look around just because you wanted to look at the spas, there has to be more to this story or well....you know things that make you go hummmm......