Dealer Cost

The question really is do you think it better?? Do you like it more??? It comes down to you and your choices dont second guess yourself if you really want that tub. I think D1 has some cool looking tubs. Everyone on here can only offer an opinion and its only that an opinion. I havent heard of a D1 tubs having massive issues. Dont buy a Calspa just my opinon after selling & servicing them. When you start second guessing you will always be guessing after do a bit more concrete research then pick a tub jump in and enjoy.

I went to a local dealer this evening and looked at several spas, includind some D1's and Dynasty spas.

I had the dealer remove panels, so I got a good look at the guts.

Well, the D1 in my opinion is definately NOT an inferior tub, as far as pump compartment goes. The compartment is tidy, clean, proffesional looking. Pump motors look like industrial grade. Full foam, with foam panels on top of that. I didn't really look at frame build, so no opinon there.

The Dynast Atlantis on the other hand had a haphazard looking cavity, like it was thrown together. Overspray, debris, cheaper looking pump motors, half foam. Pump motor heat is supposed to heat the rest.

The D1 Diplomat had no water features, a single light, no stereo for $9500.00

The Dynasty Atlantis had three water features, LOTS of lights, and stereo with sub, good sounding too, for $9,200.00

The D1 had dual 2 speed pumps, and one circulation pump. The control box was quite a bit larger than the Dynasty's. I know, I know, that doesn't mean......the Dynasty had dual 2 speed pumps.

If I were to purchase looking at the pump and control compartment alone, the D1 wins in a very large landslide. If I were to look at the topside only, the reverse is true, smaller landslide.

On another note, I spoke to the owner of Spa N Stuff. Their Bellagio is made by Three Rivers Spas, which his cousin owns. He has them rebranded to sell on the internet. They have offered a tour of the factory(in Indiana) if I'm so inclined. I may just do that.

Our tub choice may take a while.

Good to hear your getting out there a finding actual differences.

If you take the factory tour find out who makes their controls and what series check the true ratings on their pumps and what frame they are & who makes the motors.

Control is Gecko M class. The motors are 2HP Emerson, which for some strange reason they call 5HP.

Two true 5HP electric motors could shoot water to my neighbors pool. Now that's a water feature, as the industry seems to like calling a waterfall.

Dimension one is a rip off.

If you consider them a rip off, what do you consider a Haven? They are rebranded Phoenix hot tubs marked up about 300 percent. So you start with a mid line tub that sells for about 5 grand and put your name on them and sell them for a retail of 20,000 on sale for 14,000. Seems like a good deal if your an idiot, which seems to be your following!

I've discovered there's a great number of knowledgeable people here, but do your due diligence before you trust any one person's opinion prior to really understanding their background, knowledge and INTENT.

Just my 2 cents.

[ I'm -- of course -- reacting to another one of Jim's negative and argumentative comments... And athough the original remarks which prompted mine have been removed by moderators, he surfaces again and again and again with insults, anger and endless sales pitches (!) Please God, let it end. ]

I would look at Arctic as well. Had one in the past and it was a good, solid tub for 7 or 8 years. Now I have a'Crappy Costco Tub' that everyone bashes here but it's not up and running yet. Maybe tomorrow. IF my budget was higher I would buy another Arctic.

My local service guy was the source of most of my grief. When I did the repair myself it took 30 min to swap out the parts. When the leak came I'm to to sure where it came from now after reading some of these posts. It may not have been all that serious. If you have a service guy who is good I'm sure you will be way way better off than I was.

I am looking at purchasing a new Demension 1 spa. Anyone know where I can get dealer pricing? This would be helpoful in negotiations.

I like the D 1 Chairman 11 got quote of 12,000 from new dealer ... he said he can adjust price ....

being in retail myself I know he will go down on price ... will post my cost when I decide to buy.

Have any other buyers of D 1 Tubs have any info on price??

I am looking at purchasing a new Demension 1 spa. Anyone know where I can get dealer pricing? This would be helpoful in negotiations.

I'm looking for the D 1 Chairman 11 ... got 12,000 quote today 7/14/07 ... new dealer said he will

go down on price..... still have alot more research to do.... would like to know best time to buy tubs..

winter - summer ??

I purchased the D-1 Nautilus 3 months ago for $10K. It has the LFX package etc. I had some issues at first, but everything has been repaired and the tub is operating nicely. Very quiet and efficient. The Nautilus is basically the same tub as the Chairmain II, but without the lounger. BTW, I am in southeast Virginia for comparison.

I would look at Arctic as well. Had one in the past and it was a good, solid tub for 7 or 8 years. Now I have a'Crappy Costco Tub' that everyone bashes here but it's not up and running yet. Maybe tomorrow. IF my budget was higher I would buy another Arctic.

My local service guy was the source of most of my grief. When I did the repair myself it took 30 min to swap out the parts. When the leak came I'm to to sure where it came from now after reading some of these posts. It may not have been all that serious. If you have a service guy who is good I'm sure you will be way way better off than I was.

That was my point and thanks for stating that the fix was a easy fix and unfortunatly people here made you feel like you owned the Titanic rather then just get it fixed so you retunrned it, that is unfortunate. To try to duplicate that spa at a dealer will be near impossible without going over eight thousand dollars and then the components will likely be the same.

By the way, what was wrong with your spa that took thirty minutes to fix?

That was my point and thanks for stating that the fix was a easy fix and unfortunatly people here made you feel like you owned the Titanic rather then just get it fixed so you retunrned it, that is unfortunate. To try to duplicate that spa at a dealer will be near impossible without going over eight thousand dollars and then the components will likely be the same.

By the way, what was wrong with your spa that took thirty minutes to fix?

Hello everyone, thanks for all the input. My boss (AKA Wife) and I spent the better part of today testing spas. We (She) decided to go with the Hotsprings Grande. Th question is what is a fare price?

Just wondering how's your costco spa doing? I'm in the market for a new spa- there is a lot of costco spa bashing here..what do you think?

My Costco Platinum II is running almost two years old with absolutely no issues at all and does operate at a dollar a day and even in winter never topped 50 dollars to operate. This spa was $3999.00 with stereo, subwoofer, ozone, 100 sqf filter, northern lights, stainless jets, aroma therapy, blower, microban shell, abs pan on the bottom, synthetic siding and a 5 inch to three inch foam cover with lifter all included.

At any dealer this spa would have been a minimum of $8000.00 to duplicate period.