Have Prices Skyrocketed In The Last Six Months...

You can vote !  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which do YOU think ?

• Prices are going up fast !
    • You're being taken for a ride !
    • There's another explanation...

I've spent the last 3 hours on this site searching diligently for all the information I could find on Arctic Spa pricing. I've seen some great deals by those who have posted their model information and actual costs paid. Incidentally, thanks for all of the information by users of all brands -- this site has provided me with lots of opinion concerning lots of topics !

I've been quoted 12,500 (CAN$) for an 8 foot model (the Kodiak) but this is without ANY of the features I commonly see included by those who have shared their buying information. The jet configuration is "Legend" but this price does NOT include the features I now want : the "forever" floor, the Microban shell, the Ozone system, delivery and setup. It doesn't include a cover, lifter, any jet upgrades (I hope the problems I've been reading about all afternoon have been fixed), the upgrade on the finish of the heater or any steps.

I can't believe the prices I found from a thread last fall where people's packages included virtually ALL these items (and in one case a music system)... Either prices have gone way, way up or...

I'm anxious to read the thoughts of this helpful forum. Thanks in advance !

I gallon a milk is almost $3 (for the good stuff).

On the news it stated that milk in the next yr or 2 will be $5 a gal. due to the amount of corn being used for ethenol. Yep..everything is going up...not just spas....

When I was talking to a Vita dealer...he stated had he known 10 years ago what spas are being sold for today he would have called you a liar to your face. Seems to me in the summer they would go down in price...but thats my reasoning.

Cost of milk kicked up by demand for ethanol

I've collected basic price information from 3 vendors so far but I have not made any commitment to purchase. Before I sit down to do battle I'm trying to collect as much input from others (and actual costs/quotes if possible) so that I can get the best deal.

(I'm the kind of person who finds out the dealer cost before I make an offer on a car...)

Being a newbie here, I may have made a mistake with including the poll feature as I didn't know that would change the appearance of the post (and possibly affect the viewing and replies...)

Many people have used PM to exchange actual cost/quote data with me -- that's what I was actually looking for -- and to those folks I again say many thanks !

I may pursue this topic a little more straightforward (in an effort to make sure this data is available to all forum readers) next week depending on how this thread plays out.

The reason I joined this forum today was the fact that in a few hours time and effort using the excellent search features, I found lots of relevant and specific cost information. The fact that it was in most cases 6 months old or older prompted me to create my lighthearted posting today.

/ Thanks for the reply

Hey, I am raising my prices, we are selling way too low of a price.

:D:PB)

http://www.soundclick.com/havenhead

As my post is aging

and may have suffered because of the POLL I led with,

I'm going to wrap this up while the current tally shows

50% of respondents (in a rather small sample) voting that

"I've been taken for a ride..."

This exercise will continue in a new post entitled :

Current Pricing (cost/quotes) For ARCTIC SPAS / Ontario

(Simply FYI if you have an interest in these figures...)

/ Thanks for all the PMs - you know who you are !

Here is the real issue.

Sales are way down. Like less than 10% for many dealers.

If sales are down less than 10%, that doesn't sound so bad.

Maybe you should throw in that special super secret insulation system.

(How much could some duct tape and a couple of rolls of tin foil cost anyway?)

Haven spas are so much better than any spas currently made in the world. Our lowest end line of spas is better made than the highest end from other spa companies. We are all that is left of real quality in this country and the world. Your choices are Hot Spring if you really want to be pissed off and dissapointed in a few years, Costco (internet) if you want normal quality, like Sundance, Coleman, Marquis. If you want real high end quality that will last 20 years, Haven is it.

I guess if I was a salesman for a particular brand I would also say they are the best in the world. But Hey I don't sell on the internet. Jim your opinion of your junk being the best is honorable, but just ONE MANS OPINION.

OK, either I am crazy (which is entirely possible) or I have had a post deleted. It was posted before Jimbo decided to modify his previous post about Hot Spring (what else?) by adding a commercial moment from H*ven. Do we get a notification if a post is deleted? Do I have the wrong thread? It does get confusing when Jimbo does one of his bombing raids on the board. :rolleyes: