Question For The Pro's

G_Anders

I purchased a Freeflow hot tub last week and would like to know if its possible to raise the tempature of the water hotter than 104 degrees. I feel its just not hot enough any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, didn't know if there is something within the tub itself like a water heater that can turned up

thanks

I contacted the hot tub manufacture and they would not tell me how to do it. Yes I have a separate thermometer in the tub and it reads 104 but would like it at 106-107. There has to be a way to do this. If someone has done this modification please contact me.

Thanks

I contacted the hot tub manufacture and they would not tell me how to do it. Yes I have a separate thermometer in the tub and it reads 104 but would like it at 106-107. There has to be a way to do this. If someone has done this modification please contact me.

Thanks

I can't take the temp over 98 in mine. I probably need another thermometer to check it. I can not imagine 106-107. I think it would boil me!!

If everyone keeps theirs at 104 no wonder you guys only get in for 15 minutes. I stay in at least 30 minutes and enjoy the soak.

I would drop in another thermometer to make sure you are at 104, that is pretty hot for most folks

If that is the maximum temperature of your hot tub/spa then you should not exceed it. Some spas are only built to handle a certain temperature. Our line Hot Spring can go as hot as 108 max.

104 is pretty doggone hot like said u really like hot water. Not all hot tubs are the same. You probably have some type of high limit thermometer trip that kicks in to turn the heater off if it exceeds a set temperature.

At my gym they have two hot tubs. One is at 102-104. Usually closer to 104. One is at 106-108. So it must be pretty common to want to go to 108.

Personally I like 102, although have been known to take it to 104. :)

Sorry couldn't help you more. Mostly likely there is a way to calibrate the thermocouple that measures the temp, but only a factory repair guy would know. And even then, your display temp would be 104, but your actual would be 108.

Come on spill the beans, you can pm me and tell me the secret. I doubt they will tell me as well thats why I came here! :D

Some Main Boards have a POT with a tiny set screw that can adjust the temp range. I'f you break the seal on the set screw not only will you be asking for trouble, you will void the warranty!

Some Main Boards have a POT with a tiny set screw that can adjust the temp range. I'f you break the seal on the set screw not only will you be asking for trouble, you will void the warranty!

104 is what has been determined to be the maxim safe temperature now you can debate as if that is correct or not but thats the limit for makers today.

104 is what has been determined to be the maxim safe temperature now you can debate as if that is correct or not but thats the limit for makers today.

I'm Glad you thought to bring up this vital point! There is no debating what has been established when it comes to safty! 104 has been the limit as long as I know. Here are a few very good reasons why you should never tamper with temp settings. Once you break the seal on a caliberated divice, and bump it up a notch or 2, you have just increased your dehydration rate beyond one liter per hour, increased your risk of Hypothermia, real bad for kids, had a few drinks? not good! The divice is no longer considered dependable, you may see 106 for 4 days, come out one day and find you are standing up to your groin in 120 degree water, A device with a broken seal will drift, and for some reason always drifts tword the hot side, go figure? A broken seal on a temp control device will VOID the intire Warranty not only on the divice but on your new tub as well. If you have a melt down on your new tub and I come out to do the Warranty service, I'll know if you tweaked your tub. I never adjust a customers calibrations unless authorized by the manufactuer, and that is rare; the device is recaliberated, and resealed. Best advice, dont mess with it!!

A broken seal on a temp control device will VOID the intire Warranty not only on the divice but on your new tub as well.

Just cause I like to cause trouble :-).... There is actually a federal law prohibiting this (it would take me a while, but I can find it if necessary........ actually, I might still have a copy of it in my car with all my service records :-). The law came about in the auto industry, where people were doing minor modification to new cars, like changing parts of the exhaust system, and the manufacturers were voiding the entire warranty. The law basically states that if the problem is not a direct effect of the modification made, the manufacturer must still honor the warranty. It also, if I recall correctly, puts the burden on the manufacturer to prove that the modification was the cause of the problem (as opposed to the consumer proving that it was not the cause).

Simple translation, re-cal the T stat and later the pump goes out? If the manufacturer can not prove that the re-cal was the cause of the pump going out, under federal law they're required to fix the pump under warranty. If the spa starts delaminating, and the manufacturer can prove it was caused by excessive heat, you're on your own.