Avoiding draining the tub

Etay

Hi,

I have a full hot tub and need to fix a bunch of leaking joints... Old hot tub.... I need to replace every pipe connected to that manifold. I have it assembled already. My problem is,  There is no valve that would shut off the flow from that manifold so I can cut the PVC pipe in the three places I need to to connect my new assembly. I believe it is feeding from an inlet at the bottom of the tub as well as every jet that connects to it. I'm trying to avoid emptying the tub. Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this without emptying the tub? I'm going nuts trying to figure this out. Anyway to block water flow from inside the tub? I appreciate any advice. Thank you. 

20200614_123002.jpg

I use a high flow drop in water pump with a 3" pipe to drain my tub each time I refill, as it's much quicker than using the in built drain.  It can move 1500 litres in about 4 - 5 minutes.  

So I could do repairs without the time to drain and refill I purchased a kids swimming pool, from Intex which had a capacity of 2000 literes, set this up on the grass and I just pump the water back and forth between the repairs on my lights when I needed to drain the tub.

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/outdoor/pools-and-sand-pits/pools/intex-8ft-easy-up-pool/p/100458

Not sure if this is a solution for you?  It was only cheap as I already had the pump.

• Like 1