1st time Hot tub buyer. Hot Springs Flash vs Artisian Captiva

ncp08

This site is fantastic, reading and learning a lot from you all. Much more than any other site out there. That being said, 1st  time buyer of a hot tub, looking for a quality Hot Tub but trying to keep it at a 7ft size, based on my available space. Cold winters so best reliable quality for best price point is my main goal. We are looking for a therapeutic massage/strong jets as well. . Been talking to two dealers both come recommended. My options appear to be a floor model Sovereign from Hot Springs, a Flash (both Hot Spring) and then looking at Captiva and Captiva Elite for Artisian tubs. Not sure Elite is in the picuture because of price. Trying to keep total price below 9k. I can open it up to other brands but again, looking for one of those best bang for the buck type tubs. 

Glad you like the site. 

I wish I could help you, but I am really not familiar with the new tubs. I don't usually see them until they are out of warranty. For me, dealer reputation and longevity are more important than brand. It sounds like you have a couple to choose from. Consider yourself lucky. Get the one you like best. I suggest a wet test before you buy.

Sovereign...33" deep...I'm out

Flash...No lounger (My Preference) but filter in corner so might as well have a lounger. Corner filter takes up 1 full seating position...I'm out

Artisian...Captiva, Captiva Elite and the South seas 748B.  Better... but I would have to wet test each to make a choice, A lot of small jets in all 3 models. Price would also come into play with these 3 as well. Don't get sucked in to water treatment upgrade options without researching. Personally basic ozone or UV.

Personally I would look for 39" deep spa options. Dual filter over single. More large jets. Large Foot well massage jets that are positioned so you can actually use them from a corner seat. 

Dealer reputation. Know what your warranty will be. Know what your service call out fees will be. 

JMO Good Luck in your search

Your Hot Spring dealer is very aggressive with their pricing if you can get a Sovereign and Flash for under $9k.  I'm not a lounger person, so the Sovereign would be a no go for me.  As a Hot Spring dealer, the Flash is one of my best sellers.  I personally consider the cool down / bench to be a necessity since I get overheated easily.  Just tonight I sat in a Grandee after work and I spent probably 20% of the time on the step.  Artesian makes a quality hot tub too though I'm kinda partial to Hot Spring.

• 1 year later...
On 3/23/2022 at 1:02 PM, Chad831 said:

I’m in the same situation, I’m trying to decide between the Hot Springs Limelight beam or the flash (the larger one). Any advice is welcome. Does anyone have one of these and can share their experiences about it?

I suggest starting a new thread.

But both beam and flash spas are in the same product tier - they will have similar construction/lifespans.  The biggest difference is seating and jet configurations.  The jet-feel between both spas will be similar with a difference being where and how many jets are located in each seat.

I personally am a bigger fan of the Hotspring Highlife class spas which are built in a different factory with different materials (which can extend lifespan and increase energy efficiency). But Highlife spas are only worth the $$ if you really like the motomassager jets (some do, some don't want/need it)