Do Not Buy An Hot Tubs & Spas With Gecko Products

Joe Blow

Do not buy a spa with Gecko product, particulary the ones with IPX-5 enclosure and the in.therm-H4.0 heater because when something break, you need to change half of the system (min 300$). For example, when the flow sensor break, you have to change all the heater part because it is integrated in the in.therm heater. So instead to cost me 30$ for a flow sensor, I will have to pay 300$! Their systems are simple to repair but you have to pay the price when it is needed. My communication with them about that let me understand that their system are made for service people in their mind and not for customer! Their is something that they do not understand. We are not stupid! If you sell something that could be compatible with their system and that are serviceable, let us know!

Joe, who would you recommend as being better in the area's you have determined them as weak? Balboa has the same issues with certain products. As do many other manufacturers. As a service agent, I'm sometimes grateful the part I need still exists... because many times, it doesn't. I know that doesn't help you with your issue- but as a service provider for many different manufacturers, the spa parts world can be very messy...and Gecko is one of the good companies out there

Joe, the issue you are having is very uncommon and is honestly something that doesn't just happen on its own. There is usually a back-end story that gets left out. Gecko a very responsive company, I honestly believe that you can find issues with any manufacturer in any industry. I think it is ridiculous for you to suggest that consumers boycott a reputable company based only on your experience with a particular piece of equipment.

Apollo217, the fact is clear, the flow sensor that is integrated in the heater part is broken because I get the error rh-nf. And the heater stop to heat when this occurs. So I have to change all the heater part at min 300$. I dont know why it broke. Maybe because it is normal that a flow sensor break. What is not normal is that I have to change all the heater part because of this.

ChaiSTI, the heater is like brand new. I do not have circular pump. I get this error even my two pumps are running. The water level was ok and I even try without the filter. Gecko thold me that the only thing I can do is to spent 300$ to change the broken flow sensor that normally should last longer than that (it is what they said and they did not want to give me any escompte for a new one).