First Time Tub Buyer

mixoflik

hi all was wandering if anyone would recommend the haven spas?

i spent a long time online checking out there site last night and i was impressed.

not a very fancy site ,but a lot of info....is any of it true?

just wanted your thoughts since i cant find any info on them here ,except from the guy who owns the comp.

i spent a long time online checking out there site last night and i was impressed.

just wanted your thoughts since i cant find any info on them here ,except from the guy who owns the comp.

There is some information here which might interest you. It's probably the only information you will find on this company that isn't generated by the company itself. Caveat emptor!

http://www.selberg.org/~speed/spa.html

Terminator

There is some information here which might interest you. It's probably the only information you will find on this company that isn't generated by the company itself. Caveat emptor!

http://www.selberg.org/~speed/spa.html

Terminator

I do not know of anyone who actually considers them competition!!!!!!!

The only spas I consider competiton are Emerald, Arctic. That is about it.

Remeber the information on that web site is written to sell the brand of tubs advertised on that web site. You should also get a second and a third and a forth opinion and gather as much information as possible regarding the "other" ways to filter, build a tub, circulate water, insulate a tub, that are just a good, maybe even better, and more reliable than the method that company has chosen.

No one can tell you what's right for you, all we can do is to tell you our opinions as that web site did..and then you will have to determine for yourself which brand is the best for you.

Actually, after another search yesterday I found some VERY interesting information and familiar sounding experiences about Discount Spas Direct and Hydro Spas at the site: Rip-Off Report.com. Unbelievable!...eh-em....or actually TOTALLY believable now... :(

Actually, after another search yesterday I found some VERY interesting information and familiar sounding experiences about Discount Spas Direct and Hydro Spas at the site: Rip-Off Report.com. Unbelievable!...eh-em....or actually TOTALLY believable now... :(

I looked at ripoffreport also, and while there were companies listed with similar names, the companies in question had no listings I could find.

I looked at ripoffreport also, and while there were companies listed with similar names, the companies in question had no listings I could find.

ummmmmm....Hello Dr.Spa...hope everyone here understands you are in the business, and therefore they should perhaps take your commentary with a HUGE GRAIN of CHLORINE!:

Here are the two complaints, found easily upon even a google search that I referenced along with case numbers. Once I make contact with these poor spa-consumer-victims of unethical dealers and manufacturers I will ask that they reach out to you to confirm their existence as well as their LEGITIMATE complaints....how's business Doc?

Copied directly from the site and pasted here:

HYDROSPA STRIKES AGAIN (SEE BELOW) - (Anna Guidice, Ozone Park, New York) HydroSpa-I bought and received a spa on 11/26/2002 and the Heater does not work. I've been calling HydroSpa and Discount Spas Direct where it was purchased from and they cannot find a service technician in my area (Queens, NY) to replace the heater. I have the new heater that HydroSpa sent me.

(case#012403)

HYDRO SPA, ALERT! - (Elizabeth Martinez, Monticello, New York) - Hydro Spa 13055, 49th Street, Clearwater, Fla 33762. My sister's Jacuzzi was bought in 2001 and never worked. she has called Hydro Spa for the last two years for someone to fix it. She has had no luck.

(case#082302a)

PS Today, I also just found over 8 similar complaints against Hydro Spa with the BBB, Clearwater, Florida, and filed my own. Could you enlighten us all on the site that refutes the NATIONAL BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU'S negative history with these companies? If so, do tell us DR.SPA!

RE: "DR.SPA", one might also be cognizant of the fact that I have absolutely nothing to gain here or to hide. My name is Veronica Assalone, I am from Coventry, RI. I was motivated to join this forum to seek assistance on how to protect myself from clearly unethical spa companies and in the hope of protecting other consumers from the same experience. Notice that I don't hesitate to reveal my identity, nor do I hesitate to tell the whole truth here on a public forum, because we all have the right (and in some instances the obligation) to tell the truth without fearing any negative retaliation or ramifications. The things I say include irrefutable facts. If they did not, anyone who has jumped around this forum for more than five minutes knows we would have heard SOME defense from Hydro Spa and Discount Spas Direct by now. They DID send me a private e-mail within 12 hours of the mention of their names here, expressing their frustration, that any of you are welcome to review upon request, but they cannot deny for one moment the accuracy of my assertions.

.....Might you, DR.SPA, at least indirectly, be involved in profiting from these Corporate Buffoons? To be motivated to come to their defense? Ironic, I am a civil servant who represents poor people accused of committing crimes and I wouldn't take on the defense of these "white collars" for all the "Jets" in the best massage seat!

hi and welcome to the wonderful world of spa shopping. i owned an old round tub called a sonoma that only had f4 jets. after 18 years i am moving on and up. this site is great for info but in the end its up to you since all the factors that relate only to you and your use of your tub. after 2 months looking and lots of visits to stores heres what i know. you will probably spend more than you wanted to. its ok! because you will have this tub for 10+ years if its the right one. i will spend more for a local dealer so i am protected but only a dealer that has been in business for a good amount of time. dealers come and go in my area. sitting in a dry tub is good but the wet test is best. i sat in an LA spa tub a few days ago, the seats seemed short for my butt and legs. but during the wet test of the same tub it really did not matter it was fine since the water kind of holds you up. i was against a lounger until i sat in one with jets for my thighs and calves and feet. i will now be getting one since i stand up at work alot. insulation is important if you live in a cold area. the rest you will figure out as you visit as many dealers as you can, its worth it since each will point out assets you many have not thought about for your tub. i have been looking in the 5,000.00-11,000.00 range my budget was 5,000 but as i started to look i have found some nice spas in the 6,000-7,000 range. if you do not need a huge tub you should be able to find a really nice tub around that price range. of course i loved the 8,000 tubs but i am just not willing to spend that much since i have found many good tubs with good reputations less expensive. if you are rich that is different. most of all and most important you must wet test. it will answer alot of questions for you. the kind of jets you like the power you like etc. alot of tubs i tried just did not deliever the power i wanted after i got in them. take your time since this is not an easy product to sell after you have bought it and don't really like it. good luck

hi and welcome to the wonderful world of spa shopping. i owned an old round tub called a sonoma that only had f4 jets. after 18 years i am moving on and up. this site is great for info but in the end its up to you since all the factors that relate only to you and your use of your tub. after 2 months looking and lots of visits to stores heres what i know. you will probably spend more than you wanted to. its ok! because you will have this tub for 10+ years if its the right one. i will spend more for a local dealer so i am protected but only a dealer that has been in business for a good amount of time. dealers come and go in my area. sitting in a dry tub is good but the wet test is best. i sat in an LA spa tub a few days ago, the seats seemed short for my butt and legs. but during the wet test of the same tub it really did not matter it was fine since the water kind of holds you up. i was against a lounger until i sat in one with jets for my thighs and calves and feet. i will now be getting one since i stand up at work alot. insulation is important if you live in a cold area. the rest you will figure out as you visit as many dealers as you can, its worth it since each will point out assets you many have not thought about for your tub. i have been looking in the 5,000.00-11,000.00 range my budget was 5,000 but as i started to look i have found some nice spas in the 6,000-7,000 range. if you do not need a huge tub you should be able to find a really nice tub around that price range. of course i loved the 8,000 tubs but i am just not willing to spend that much since i have found many good tubs with good reputations less expensive. if you are rich that is different. most of all and most important you must wet test. it will answer alot of questions for you. the kind of jets you like the power you like etc. alot of tubs i tried just did not deliever the power i wanted after i got in them. take your time since this is not an easy product to sell after you have bought it and don't really like it. good luck

Robin:

In your travels so far, could you point out the spas that you believed gave the deepest tissue massage to muscles from the jets? I tested the D1 Chairman II yesterday and intend on testing a Master Spa LS800 next. I'm just looking for quality, low maintainance and powerful jets.