Marquis-Beachcomber-Arcticspas-H2O Decision

Bill1970

The Jets in the Optima were impressive though..... they seem to be very hydrotheraputic driven

Yeah...they are pretty sweet. In all of my hotub shopping and usage over the last year+, the 880 Series Sundance jets have been by far thebest ones for me.

Good luck with the rest of your search...sounds like it is going well so far.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well folks there is! Coast Spas uses a 5hp pump using only 1amp on low speed and pushing out 30GPM.

Gotta love you Coast Folk & your 5hp pumps. A real full rated 5hp motor for pools & spas is about 2.5 times the size & weighs about 3 times as much than whats in a coast.

The 5hp true rating is a 4.4hp pump.Like the 4hp waterway exec. thats used on most only being true rating of a 2.5hp pump. Everyone rates there pumps from the pumps and not soo much from the motor. Its a 5hp impellor thats in the wetend and on a 5hp waterway exec. its a 5hp impellor and its using 4.6amps on low. So its more about the low amp draw on low speed rather than the hp rating.

the coast spa 5hp that is a yellow franklin motor burns 12.0 amp on high speed and is only a 4HP motor with a 4 hp impeller. they up rate everything at coast exept when you get a black franklin 16 amp motor then you will get a W/W 5 hp impeller( after 8 years as a coast spa factory trained tech i have had meny of these opened and the yellow pump gets a 4 hp impeller only.on low speed the yellow pump burns about 1.2 amp

Well folks there is! Coast Spas uses a 5hp pump using only 1amp on low speed and pushing out 30GPM.

Gotta love you Coast Folk & your 5hp pumps. A real full rated 5hp motor for pools & spas is about 2.5 times the size & weighs about 3 times as much than whats in a coast.

The 5hp true rating is a 4.4hp pump.Like the 4hp waterway exec. thats used on most only being true rating of a 2.5hp pump. Everyone rates there pumps from the pumps and not soo much from the motor. Its a 5hp impellor thats in the wetend and on a 5hp waterway exec. its a 5hp impellor and its using 4.6amps on low. So its more about the low amp draw on low speed rather than the hp rating.

as a coast spa factory trained tech for 8 years i have had many of these yellow 5 hp pumps open and when they are put back together we use a W/W 4hp impeller. they run 1.4 amp low speed and 12.0 on hi speed.just more smoke and mirror from coast

as a coast spa factory trained tech for 8 years i have had many of these yellow 5 hp pumps open and when they are put back together we use a W/W 4hp impeller. they run 1.4 amp low speed and 12.0 on hi speed.just more smoke and mirror from coast

It's a 5hp Waterway exec. impellor. Put it side by side to a 4hp impellor and you will see the discharge is a wider gap than a 4hp. If your putting a 4hp impellor in a 5hp pump your not going to get the same GPM but however the pump will require less amps as it wont have to work as hard to reach its desired rpm. The amp draw is 1.2/14.

Thought i might hear back from Coast, but we didnt. My wife is still favoring the Amore..... anyone have anything negative or positive, anything about the Amore by D1? If going to spend the money i just want to make sure whether this would be a good choice. The dealer also confirmed NO travel cost for warranty work at all, and will put in writing a guaranteed response time of 48hours for any repairs parts pending, and there warehouse is about 2 hours away. It sounds like the one, but still wanting to see any more or other feedback about D1 or the amore model in particular. Thanks

My In Laws own an older D1...I want to Say Aurora. Its a nice little tub, seems to be well built. Theyve had it for 5 years and I dont believe they have had any problems with it at all. The jets, for me, we just ok. One thing that they did have that I thought was great ( and wish that my soon to be delivered Sundance Cameo had) , seperate fromt he main control panel, is a seperate 'jets' button over on the side of the lounger. I know that sounds super simple , but its smart design.

Sounds like you are getting close man!

Bill1970

The Amore Bay like i said before is a great spa, They have a great track record , great backing from the factory, just look at this site D1Dennis from the factory is very helpful..You know there is nothing like it out there, the look ( not your typical square box with a nice architectual design) the style ( The curves, the shape, the open seating) the water feature( nice soothing babbling brook that sounds like a running creek) the ultrapure plus watermanagement system ( less chemicals, less drainings, longer period between drainings.) the Dynamic Massage Sequencer ( full body massage chair ,a very relaxing seat.)Iwatch system( no need for in house monitor , Iwatch is right there on the front of the spa( You know that the tub is ready from seeing the Iwatch) I say your wife is right....GET THE AMORE BAY.....had to throw that in....

Thanks for all the input people, and spaguy.. you are right as is my wife. I dont think i can go wrong with the amore bay. I hope to have the placement for it complete in a couple of weeks and the tub in place in about 4 providing everything goes well at the dealership. They were by far the best dealership to deal with and everything they told us will gladly be put in writing. We called a couple of people who dealt with them, and they even made a appt for us to see it tomorrow at one of their owners of the Amore. So, this is the route we will be going. I know this thread will be a bit outdated by the time we get it in and in place and running, but i will definitely upload some pictures as thanks and keep the thread going with update of progression, and how everything turns out. Thanks again everyone.... great site and forum.

Bill

It's a 5hp Waterway exec. impellor. Put it side by side to a 4hp impellor and you will see the discharge is a wider gap than a 4hp. If your putting a 4hp impellor in a 5hp pump your not going to get the same GPM but however the pump will require less amps as it wont have to work as hard to reach its desired rpm. The amp draw is 1.2/14.

on this one my friend you could be wrong coast spa uses a franklin motor that is yellow and burns 12.0 amp on high speed it comes with a 4hp impeller in it (replaced many)and they call it a 5 Just like the "monster flow 7.0 hp" that i did today it only uses a 5 hp W/W impeller

on this one my friend you could be wrong coast spa uses a franklin motor that is yellow and burns 12.0 amp on high speed it comes with a 4hp impeller in it (replaced many)and they call it a 5 Just like the "monster flow 7.0 hp" that i did today it only uses a 5 hp W/W impeller

Your working on an older coast spas as they don't use franklin motors anymore they only use A.O. Smith The 7hp monster flos back in the day used the 5hp WW impellors but they changed those out to a different style of impellar with more agressive fins on the impellar to get more GPM's out of the 7hp when its on 21Amp draw on high speed. And now they don't use the 7hp monster flos as they only use the 7.1hp extreme pumps that have the 3" intake and 2.5" discharge and there ani't no 5hp impellor in there!

Your working on an older coast spas as they don't use franklin motors anymore they only use A.O. Smith The 7hp monster flos back in the day used the 5hp WW impellors but they changed those out to a different style of impellar with more agressive fins on the impellar to get more GPM's out of the 7hp when its on 21Amp draw on high speed. And now they don't use the 7hp monster flos as they only use the 7.1hp extreme pumps that have the 3" intake and 2.5" discharge and there ani't no 5hp impellor in there!

HP has absolutly no effect on jet feel so who cares?

So, 20 jets run by a 1 hp pump will feel the same as 20 jets run by a 5 hp pump?

A jet can only move so many GPM. Plus your reducing from 2.5" to at least .5" plumbing so a so called 5hp is pointless. The plumbing design on a Coast is atrocious out of all the brands ive winterized Coasts take by far the longest. With the claim of such huge pumps there should be no diverters on that tub at all but that isnt the case.

So, 20 jets run by a 1 hp pump will feel the same as 20 jets run by a 5 hp pump?

Show me a 5hp pump and what you really have is a 2.5hp pump in disguise.

A jet can only move so many GPM. Plus your reducing from 2.5" to at least .5" plumbing so a so called 5hp is pointless. The plumbing design on a Coast is atrocious out of all the brands ive winterized Coasts take by far the longest. With the claim of such huge pumps there should be no diverters on that tub at all but that isnt the case.

Their is only 1 diverter on a Coast to work the volcano jet. Stop comparing the old Coast with the new style Coast because the changes that have occured in the last 2 years are huge and sets them apart from everyone else. Don't blame the tub that it takes you so long to winterize, it shouldn't take you any longer than any other hot tub.

Yeah sure plumbling has a huge effect on the jet pressure but and the performance of any pump. But there is a difference between a 1hp and a 5hp or a 4hp or a 3hp etc.

Their is only 1 diverter on a Coast to work the volcano jet. Stop comparing the old Coast with the new style Coast because the changes that have occured in the last 2 years are huge and sets them apart from everyone else. Don't blame the tub that it takes you so long to winterize, it shouldn't take you any longer than any other hot tub.

I blame the plumbing design considering Ive been repairing & winterizing tubs for 13 years on many brands & take a look at the Coast website & I can count 2 diverters on an Elite Freedom,Zenith,Vantage so your statement is invalid.

I blame the plumbing design considering Ive been repairing & winterizing tubs for 13 years on many brands & take a look at the Coast website & I can count 2 diverters on an Elite Freedom,Zenith,Vantage so your statement is invalid.

Can't speak for every Coast model, only the one I own and on it (Coast Cascade Niagara) there appears to be only one diverter. As for pump hp and what does it all really mean I honestly don't know, all I do know is that when you divert all that power to the Volcano Jet the force is pretty incredible.

Hey, why argue over which tub has more power than another, surely it's all about the experience whilst in the tub that truly counts don't you think?

So I'm going to take your word from you looking at some pictures when I have all of those models on my floor and they only have 1 diverter on them because I got the volcano option added to the spa. If I didn't get the volcano added to my floor models then they wouldn't have any diverters at all! and your advise with Coast Spas is invalid!

• 1 month later...

wow. As a new poster I already know not to take some of these guys options to heart. Anyone that bitter on a brand can't be taken seriously.

I am a coast dealer and they can have 0, 1, or 2 divertors depending on the model,series, and options. We've had them for 11 years, have a full factory trained staff, and no, they don't take any longer than other spas to winterize.

Just because you have big pumps doesn't mean you don't want a divertor. It is just another way to vary to pressure for your own specific massage needs. Unlike some other brands the coast divertor's aren't an either/or proposition where you need to choose what seats get water pressure. You can have equal pressure out of all the jets or you can make some stronger or weaker with the divertor as well as the pump speed and the jet adjustments. It's all about the comfort of the bather.

wow. As a new poster I already know not to take some of these guys options to heart. Anyone that bitter on a brand can't be taken seriously.

I am a coast dealer and they can have 0, 1, or 2 divertors depending on the model,series, and options. We've had them for 11 years, have a full factory trained staff, and no, they don't take any longer than other spas to winterize.

Just because you have big pumps doesn't mean you don't want a divertor. It is just another way to vary to pressure for your own specific massage needs. Unlike some other brands the coast divertor's aren't an either/or proposition where you need to choose what seats get water pressure. You can have equal pressure out of all the jets or you can make some stronger or weaker with the divertor as well as the pump speed and the jet adjustments. It's all about the comfort of the bather.

I personaly think a diverter is a good thing to give the bathers options. But, they are noisy. I know some of you sales folks will say our diverters aren't noisy but guess what? They are all noisy compared to no diverter in the line.

Hey Spa goddess You can only get 1 diverter on the 2011 models that operate the volcano and whirlpool jet and thats it. Theres no 2 diverters. Theres no diverter on pump#1 and if it has a 3rd pump the 3rd pump doesn't have a diverter. you have the option of adding it on the elite series. It comes standard on the luxury series and the classic and northwind line dont come with it. I just want to clarify that.

I'm going more and more off the Arctic...

what a great story ... fantastic base... put it anywhere says the salesman... yes true but bases have really never been a failing piont on a spa... there are 25 year old hot tubs out there working fine with no base and any idiot that puts 2 tons on the ground without preparing a proper foundation deserves the grief and aggravation of lifting the spa and doing it right two years later.

Oh! and the thick shell edge... geeze who has heard of a shell cracking (other than transport damage) in the last decade??? Hell even the cheapest spas in the market boast lifetime structure guarantees...

And OH MY GOD!!!!! they found a miracle insulation package (which by the way anyone could copy as it is not patented) because... well... frankly the patent laws require a unique and improved design to give you a patent. But nobody bothers copying because... well it just isn't that special now is it.

And then get to the things that really matter... Cheap Chinese made jets, a cheap no name electronic and heating system and the best damn marketing and brochure in the industry...

It simply amazes me what you can do with good marketing. :-)