-23 F Soak Yesterday!

DaveR

Got up early and had a soak early yesterday before work, temp gauge said -23F. After about 10 min I jumped in the big pile of snow along side the tub and back in, seemed like a good idea at the time. Actually it was fun. What's the lowest temp you've taken a dip?

Dave

Got up early and had a soak early yesterday before work, temp gauge said -23F. After about 10 min I jumped in the big pile of snow along side the tub and back in, seemed like a good idea at the time. Actually it was fun. What's the lowest temp you've taken a dip?

Dave

Your in MPLS aren't you? I had -33 on my thermometer Thursday night. Balmy -9 right now.

Dave

Your in MPLS aren't you? I had -33 on my thermometer Thursday night. Balmy -9 right now.

Yes, Actually southern burb, Lakeville, and it's currently -17. Trying to get my wife to go out, she not having it.

All I can say is " You must have lost your minds" but I salute your courage, it was a balmy 56F here last night, gotta love SoCal..!

no way Dennis the colder the better :lol: the best is when icicles start to form on your head/hair

You guys are too funny, I would imagine that it would be enjoyable at a colder temp! I just don't like freezing my parts off on the way to and from the spa, if that make me a wimp than I'm a wimp..! :ph34r:

Did a 4 hour tub at -21F with a large bottle of rum, that was fun at the time not so much the next day though. Do not mind the cold, but when you get the cold and the wind kinda takes the fun out of it. We have had -10F for about 3 weeks, was in the tub every night except 3 of them when the north wind was blowing. Just came out from a 2 hour tub, outside temp was a balmy +23F. Not missing the cold temps at all.

I had to wuss out tonight.. We're expecting -20 without the wind, and the wind is hitting the only direction that I get while sitting in the tub... -45 with the wind means I won't be venturing out... if the wind was out of a different direction I'd be in there right now.

I would need to put ice skates on to get to my tub right now. It warmed up to mid 30's in the middle of the night, but back down to mid 20's with 35-50 mph wind. And the wind is coming the direction where it comes right across the patio where the tub is sitting. Pretty sure I'm not getting in for a while. I put cinder blocks on top of it to keep the cover down.

Totally missed the thread, where I am the temperature seldom drops below -8C or -9C but at one point I did see -16C this winter though I wasn't in the tub that day. I reckon without knowing for sure I must have been out in it at around -6C which was f##king freezing and has since made me consider switching from trunks to speedos, less wet material to freeze the wee man. :lol:

This is what greeted me the morning I decided to hunky dunk one of those winter mornings.

img0386l.jpg

Here is what our back yard looks like:

5687d1296690475-high-def-bar-grill-snow02-02-2011.jpg

Yeah that snow is about 7' high and that IS a door to my office totally blocked at this point.

5688d1296690475-high-def-bar-grill-snowpic2-02.02-2011.jpg

But the priority was to keep the hot tub clear and available and that fence in the background is a 6' fence and my 9yo son can simply walk over it easily now.

And we have more snow coming Saturday & next Tuesday as well. Thank God we only got 8" instead of the expected 24" yesterday.

If we keep getting more snow I will have a snow wall around/above the tub for extra privacy. We got mostly ice on Saturday and at least the weather has been above freezing for yesterday & today so maybe we can melt some of this snow.So far we have gotten about 75"+ of snow which is more than double what we normally have at this time of winter. So much for global warming. lol