Dimension 1, Master Spa, Hotspring, Sundance

cyclist

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again. The Sundance Optima spa finally was installed today, 4/29. Can someone tell me roughly how long it should take to heat up to 100? It started out at 60 degrees around 5:00 and 3.5 hours later it's at 75 degrees.

Thank you.

15 degrees in 3.5 hours seemsa bit slow but, your impatience may make it even slower. Your on 220V right? It was 60 when you started, or a little while later when you first looked? Post in the morning, let us know if you were able to jump in at 11PM and, how was it?

I didn't check it later in the evening but woke up to it being 101 degrees, exactly what I set it for and man was it wonderful!

Thanks again to all on this forum that helped in the decision process!

Optima, that things has some power huh? Soft smooth power, not the itchy kind.

I would agree the tops of the list D1, Sundance, Hot Springs, all great brands, I think it is important to find a dealer that is trustworthy and that your are comfortable working with,,,But you will find biased and unbiased info here,The Nautique model is a great model that has become one of our better sellers..alot of features in that tub....

Question about the Nautique. The adjustable headrests / neck jets look like a potential to break. Any experience with the headrest neck jet assembly? Concerned with people playing around with them that the host / bracket are ripe for breaking. Thoughts / opinions?

Very simple and inexpensive to repair, if you have an issue. Typically, the neck-flex tubing can harden after several years, lose it elasticity and crack. Working with D-1 has been one of the pleasures of my job. The men and women behind that company are top notch.

EDIT:

OOps, just read you've bought a SUndance- a terrific company as well. Enjoy! B)

I didn't check it later in the evening but woke up to it being 101 degrees, exactly what I set it for and man was it wonderful!

The Sundance Optima is fantastic. It has exceeded my expectations in all areas of performance so far. Almost anyone can find a comfortable seat. The main seat with 22 jets is pure heaven after a workout, session of yard work, or a long bike ride.

The dome with its foot jets is great. Dual purpose of foot massage and making all corner seats feel like a lounge seat.

Any problems? Minor. Sundance seemed to skimp on the screws that hold on the clips and the installers managed to strip two of them (on the same clip) without any problem. Sundance people if you're listening, for a tub of this price and performance why go cheap on the screws? Sheesh. I had to get the retailer to come back to remove the panel so my electrician could get it off without breaking it. BTW, same thing happened to my electrician with a ground screw inside. He replaced it with a high quality screw as opposed to the soft metal piece of junk it came with.

The clips that hold the straps down are "ok" but the locks are cheap. "They meet the requirement" but come on, if you need a lock why not come out with a robust solution with a real key?

Other than those minor annoyances the tub is phenomenal. Oh yeah, the waterfall and light combo is pretty cool too. We looked at a couple tubs that had these, I don't know, fountains, that just seemed goofy. The waterfall is pleasant to look at and listen to and it can be adjusted from "off" to light flow to full water flow.

The Sundance Optima is fantastic. It has exceeded my expectations in all areas of performance so far. Almost anyone can find a comfortable seat. The main seat with 22 jets is pure heaven after a workout, session of yard work, or a long bike ride.

The dome with its foot jets is great. Dual purpose of foot massage and making all corner seats feel like a lounge seat.

Any problems? Minor. Sundance seemed to skimp on the screws that hold on the clips and the installers managed to strip two of them (on the same clip) without any problem. Sundance people if you're listening, for a tub of this price and performance why go cheap on the screws? Sheesh. I had to get the retailer to come back to remove the panel so my electrician could get it off without breaking it. BTW, same thing happened to my electrician with a ground screw inside. He replaced it with a high quality screw as opposed to the soft metal piece of junk it came with.

The clips that hold the straps down are "ok" but the locks are cheap. "They meet the requirement" but come on, if you need a lock why not come out with a robust solution with a real key?

Other than those minor annoyances the tub is phenomenal. Oh yeah, the waterfall and light combo is pretty cool too. We looked at a couple tubs that had these, I don't know, fountains, that just seemed goofy. The waterfall is pleasant to look at and listen to and it can be adjusted from "off" to light flow to full water flow.

Good to hear you have had a good experience so far Cyclist. That stinks that you have had a few minor issues, but I agree, those seem pretty minor. Sounds like you are good to go now though! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Good to hear you have had a good experience so far Cyclist. That stinks that you have had a few minor issues, but I agree, those seem pretty minor. Sounds like you are good to go now though! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Agree that they're minor but the manufacturer should be called out to make sure they're using ALL quality parts. This isn't a bargain basement cheap hot tub. If you're selling top of the line and top quality then don't try to get away with cheap parts anywhere. It can lessen consumer confidence and make you question where else they're cutting corners. Perception is 99% of reality.

1000% in agreement here, when you spend the thick end of a small city car on a hot tub then why oh why do all of them fit the cover with strap clips which are rubbish and break, plus the lock option is a joke.:angry:

Though I think there is a very good reason as to why they are as brittle as they are because I broke one the other day (my fault) because I forgot to unclip one at the back where the cover goes down the back, but thank goodness the chip broke because it probably saved the strap itself from tearing. Now my problem is that I need to unstitch the strap to replace it. :unsure:

1000% in agreement here, when you spend the thick end of a small city car on a hot tub then why oh why do all of them fit the cover with strap clips which are rubbish and break, plus the lock option is a joke.:angry:

Though I think there is a very good reason as to why they are as brittle as they are because I broke one the other day (my fault) because I forgot to unclip one at the back where the cover goes down the back, but thank goodness the chip broke because it probably saved the strap itself from tearing. Now my problem is that I need to unstitch the strap to replace it. :unsure:

I think 98% of the straps on the tubs over a few years old that I service are broken on the lifter side. It only takes 1 time to forget to unclip them and they break. At least you admit it...most customers claim that nobody opened the cover with them latched..."they just broke". Sure they did.

The design is pretty weak, and I'll never understand why they don't make it so you can just unbuckle the clip and put a new one on without having to break out the sewing kit. A quick fit that seems to last fairly well is to take a pair of diagnal cutting pliers and snip the end of the plastic piece on the new clip. Bend it out, slide the cover loop through it, and bend it back. You can even add a little bit of super glue if you want to.