What Type Of Expandable Foam Should I Get To Re Foam A Tiger River Spa?

gcally

I had to fix a couple of freeze breaks in a tiger river spa that I bought used.

I had to dig out a fairly large amount of foam and I am finally at the stage of reforming the underside of the tub.

My question is what type of foam should I use?

Great stuff sells a couple of different kinds... Low window expendable foam, normal expendable foam, and High expendable foam.

Is there some kind of special stuff I should use?

Thanks Greg

hey... just completed the exact same thing on a D1 today. It has been a long haul in fixing the leak. I used the "big gap" expandable foam from Home Depot...I think it is Great Stuff. Seemed to work well...a total of 10 cans! Just go slow with it and let it cure for the 1 hour before you pump the next can on top of the expanded foam. The foam does generate some heat and expands in all directions so be careful as you pump it in around any piping. Make sure it doesn't push any of the piping out of place. I did find it helpful to use some boards to support the foam in places...my tub is on its side and I used the boards to keep the foam from sagging too much

dan

I had to dig out a fairly large amount of foam and I am finally at the stage of reforming the underside of the tub.

Great stuff sells a couple of different kinds... Low window expendable foam, normal expendable foam, and High expendable foam.

Thanks Greg

Greg,

I would suggest 2lb cuft foam.Where are you located? I develop the insulation that is used on most hot tubs.

Thanks Greg

I use this stuff http://www.jrproductsinc.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=11&idproduct=56

Thanks Greg

I use this stuff http://www.jrproductsinc.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=11&idproduct=56

Wow that is out of my price range! Is there any real difference in heat insulation between the Home Depot Great stuff and the stuff you use?

Thanks Greg

I am in Beaver Falls PA near Pittsburgh. How much is this stuff and where can I find it?

Thanks Greg

Wow that is out of my price range! Is there any real difference in heat insulation between the Home Depot Great stuff and the stuff you use?

Its expensive because its a class 1 foam. That means its fire rated.Fire rating is determined by the amount the foam burns and smoke

Thanks Greg

I am in Beaver Falls PA near Pittsburgh. How much is this stuff and where can I find it?

Do you have a Tap Plastics? That is the stuff we would use also.

Thanks Greg

Grainger also has 2 part spray foam in sizes ranging from 80 bucks to 400

We also had to repair leaks on a Tiger River spa. Before I used the Great Foam I wrapped the joints in black plastic to make it easier to find them if I needed to dig it out again. Just let the foam expand completely before adding to it, otherwise you will be shaving off a lot of excess.

• 4 years later...

Quick follow-up. I am in the middle of a similar project on my Tiger River Bengal tub. My question is when I removed the foam in the corner of the tub near the end of the "pump duct hose" (the large diameter black flexible hose), it seemed to have a softer consistency. Was I imagining it? Should I use something else in that area?

• 4 weeks later...