New Master Spa Owner

My preliminary research is showing GianGreenSpider79's web is being woven in Michigan. The Google Earth photos of the address appear to show either a strip mall or warehouse. Research is continuing when time allows. Copies of the webpage in its current form have been cached for future reference. Currently, we are in a holding pattern awaiting the expected defense of the indefensible.

Term (Double Naught Hot Tub Spy)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be a lot of posts got deleted by the "moderator." Funny, as soon as I mention something about a certain recall from a certain company, my post gets deleted. But it is okay for you to sit here and bash my brand all day. The moderator must be a HS dealer, huh?

As for the website, I haven't seen it before.

Must be a lot of posts got deleted by the "moderator." Funny, as soon as I mention something about a certain recall from a certain company, my post gets deleted. But it is okay for you to sit here and bash my brand all day. The moderator must be a HS dealer, huh?

No one's bashing the brand...a Master Spa is simply, well....a Master Spa, nothing more. Where so many of us have been outspoken is against the unethical practices which you and GiantGreenSpider79 say does not happen. Turns out, it does.

The post you referred to was deleted (in my opinion) because GiantGreenSpider79 kept throwing out accusations. When he was asked to provide proof, he bailed.

The heater recall is public knowledge. It happened, it was corrected, any one who was affected was taken care of to their satisfaction. That's it.

Term

1) This is hardly the first time a thread has gotten contentious and been deleted. I don't think it had anything to do with the heater subject that was bring up to try to divert attention away from the Master Spa show scam. I think it was deleted to calm things a bit on this site. Just send a message to the moderator and ask why it was deleted if you're curious though I'd think you'd be happy that the information within that thread is gone.

2) SpaTechSince1492 is the one who brought it up that Masterful Scam of a "spa broker" site. So what do you think of it? Please don't try to compare it to what other reputable spa Manufacturers do; no others try to trick people like that! I gotta wonder if he is affiliated with the traveling spa show scam to actually think that was a good idea to reveal that deceptive material.

Looks like I missed a lot of happenings. How do you guys find the time to sit here all day, every day?

It's a small part of my job description. I have my computer set up to send me alerts when certain topics come up so that I don't have to wade through all of the chit chat.

Term

Wow...... wading through this 'muck' is time consuming, a little amusing and eye opening.

I never considered buying a Master Spa- One interesting (and red flag for me) piece of information is that the ONLY way to get 'dealer information' is to go to the MasterSpa website and submit your REQUIRED name, email, phone number, etc..... MOST reputable companies keep an updated list of local dealers so that the average consumer can look things up, go to a local dealer, check things out, gather opinions from forums such as this (and others), etc.

Spatech and Term

i still find it ineteresting the jabbs spatechsincewhatever keeps throwing out, but to see what he will all of a sudden show and put out there then cannot back up. throws out the questions to us on the best. cars blah, blah blah, we all seem to be pretty good about not bashing. i know the three of us put our opinions on here from we we see in our areas, by the way the traveling spa circus came through again last month. i heard they did not do that well.... but is still the doozy of the brokers site, the bogus prices on all those especially the D1 . and the bad thing consumers actually belive what they see, and they believe they are the expert. which is unfortunate....

While I have no affiliation with the website you mentioned, I find your reaction interesting when the shoe is on the other foot. I have posted to this forum about 140 times according to my "spa savant" rating, and 99% of those posts have come in defense of the product so commonly bashed here.

People may assume that you are an expert, when you may be far from it. But because it is written on a forum, people tend to believe it, no matter how far from the truth it is. For me, the BS tossed around on this forum is extremely frustrating. Welcome to my world!

It is easy being the bashER, but it feels a little different when you are the bashEE, doesn't it?

While I have no affiliation with the website you mentioned ... the BS tossed around on this forum is extremely frustrating. Welcome to my world!

You weren't born a Master dealer, you choose to be affiliated with them. You may not like us airing their dirty laundry but we're not making these things up. Master is responsible for that deceptive traveling Spa Circus that dupes spa customers and now they seem to have some bogus website designed to trick customers as well.

As the old saying goes, if you sleep with dogs you'll wake up with fleas.

Just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Example...my neighbor's finger got chopped off by the Moto Massage! Now, I could go around perpetuating that misinformation rather easily, but that wouldn't make it true.

The "kickin the dead horse meter" says we need to move on. We will never agree on this topic!

Out of 100+ Spa Manufactures...Here are the 2010 Winners

Arctic-Cal-Caldera-Clearwater-D1-LA-HotSprings-Master Spas-Marquis Spas....That's it for now 9 out of 100+

2010 Winners? Are we supposed to believe that the other 90+ spa companies all tried to be winners but failed? You'll notice Jacuzzi/Sundance are not on that list. Did they both not make the grade like Master? Of course not, they're owned by the same company and must have chosen not to pay to be included; Master chose to pay to be on that list so they can point to it as proof that their reputation is changing. To each his own.

Why is it that there are 9 brands on that list but the ONLY people I've ever seen tout that list as proof that their product is good are the Master apologists. I've never seen the Arctic, D1, Hot Spring, Marquis... people on these forums even once mention that "winners" list as their proof that their product is worthy.

Agree with SpaTech - I find it very strange (suspicious) that Sundance / Jacuzzi are not on that list. Personally I very rarely, if ever, see complaints about them on this forum and others like it, in fact most owners are very complimentary. Maybe they're not as good as Master Spas (yeah, sure).

Disclaimer: No - I'm not a dealer. Yes - I do have a Sundance tub.

As the old saying goes, if you sleep with dogs you'll wake up with fleas.

Example...my neighbor's finger got chopped off by the Moto Massage! Now, I could go around perpetuating that misinformation rather easily, but that wouldn't make it true.

The "kickin the dead horse meter" says we need to move on. We will never agree on this topic!

But the difference is you're giving an example of knowingly creating a lie to slander someone.

That's not what we're doing at all. We're just repeating what has been said about Master's show scam/business practices, what we've experienced first hand and I've even been backing it up with reviews by customers who were duped by that show:

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?md=read;id=9485

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?md=read;id=9493

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?md=read;id=9513

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/bbs/config.pl?md=read;id=96106

What????????????????????

If you perpetuated that fallacy, someone would eventually uncover the truth and point out that you are a liar. You would be exposed as such, labeled as unethical, untrustworthy, your credibility destroyed and your reputation would forever be tainted. Such is the reality of the modern information age.

"We will never agree on this topic!" What?????????????? What is the topic, from your point of view? I am curious and shall remain so.

Term

But they build the most advanced, feature packed spas in the market now...

You keep forgeting to say "in your opinion as a dealer of master"

I don't have the same opinion as yours, to many high energy use complaints here. And I am not alone. And I am sure there are other dealers like you.

In your opinion, why would a Master Spa have higher energy use than another brand?

I don't know if I'm ready for a new one until this breaks down or I move, but do you sell a lot of that model?

Good Choice..and that's a good price for that spa. We deliver and service alot of Master Spas, Jacuzzi Spas, Sundance Spas, Hot Springs Spas,Catalina Spas and Cal Spas. Master and Sundance work the best. Be careful there are people that post and act independent when they really sell or service one brand so they will be biased.

Documented for posterity.

Am I the only one here of the opinion that 95% of members here have zero credibility because of their constant running down the competition. I have never seen an industry like it.

Where is that coming from? If memory serves me right I think last month you may have had issue with someone not being a fan of Coast but how does that equate to using a wide brush on the people on this site.

For myself, I have many posts on this site. When someone asks for a suggestion for what spas I like I mention about 6 brands, not just 1 or 2. I may think there are a handful of top spas and I also may think there are a few to avoid.

As far as what is being said about Master, thats due to their past and present actions. Have you been to one of their shows? Did you look over that fraudulent website they created to dupe people?

Am I the only one here of the opinion that 95% of members here have zero credibility because of their constant running down the competition. I have never seen an industry like it.

Where is that coming from? If memory serves me right I think last month you may have had issue with someone not being a fan of Coast but how does that equate to using a wide brush on the people on this site.

For myself, I have many posts on this site. When someone asks for a suggestion for what spas I like I mention about 6 brands, not just 1 or 2. I may think there are a handful of top spas and I also may think there are a few to avoid.

As far as what is being said about Master, thats due to their past and present actions. Have you been to one of their shows? Did you look over that fraudulent website they created to dupe people?

You placed yourself in that 95%, not I. And yes I did look at their site, plus the one they have in the UK. Though to be honest with you, I much prefer to based my opinion on the dealer firstly and the brand second, if the dealer is long in the game then chances are he/she have not only picked the best of brands to sell but look after their customers. If someone looks for a bargain and said bargain is to good to be true then chances are it is and bigger mug them.

I don't know whether that applies to Master or not so I don't run them down, though looking at the product it appears to be compatible with the rest.

You placed yourself in that 95%, not I.

Seeing that 4 or 5 people were doing much of the posting it didn't feel a need to say "who, me?" but I'm not offended. This is such a top topic because some of us hate seeing people get screwed and as a spa owner yourself you may appreciate that.

This is isolated to a certain corporations decisions; if this was a free for all where everyone was just "running down the competition" left and right I'd agree with you.

some of us hate seeing people get screwed and as a spa owner yourself you may appreciate that.

Sure, you are just "protecting the consumer" from the evil Master Spas. Surely, you have no ulterior motives.